View Poll Results: What Do Subscribers Do With Non-Wanted Figures?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reluctantly keep them.

27 38.03%
  • Happily sell them.

20 28.17%
  • Trade them.

2 2.82%
  • Give them away.

1 1.41%
  • Other ( please explain )

21 29.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do Subscribers Do With Non-Wanted Figures?

What Do Subscribers Do With Non-Wanted Figures?

I know a lot of people on here have subscribtions. And I know that not everybody is happy with every single figure.

Maybe you don't care for the character. Maybe you don't like the headsculpt. Perhaps you don't care for POP or NA. So what do you guys do with figures that you don't like?
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; February 15, 2011 at 10:57pm.
    Evil Robot Manager of Weenie Hut Juniors

I have no interest in varients usually so will sell any of them I get (BA Skeletor)

I have a unofficial contract with an He-Fan in my country who i never saw his face.
    I pick the best figure from the two i get each month and sell the second one to him.
    When it´s a figure i don´t want - i choose the best figure for him and sell the other on Ebay.

what is this "non-wanted figures" you speak of? i don't understand this term.

actually, preternia he-man is probably the only fig from this line that i really don't care about and would have skipped. i'll probably pull him out of the white box, look at him, and then put him right back in the box and store him. MAYBE i'll put him on the shelf in package since he represents getting the 2011 sub. basically, he'll be less of a toy and more of an investment.

No such thing as an unwanted figure in my house!

(Of course, if I wind up with doubles or something, I either trade, sell them, or, as I did with an extra He-Ro, give it to one of my Pre-K students-they're blossoming MOTU fans!)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, Hawke, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

What is a non wanted figure?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    So far it hasnt really happened, I thought Vikor would be the 1st, but I love him now.

I think PDH will be the 1st I offload. after that It will be a figure by figure basis!

But I will swear on my mothers grave that once they start pumping detail deprived,bland Filmation style figures, Each and every one will be destined for Ebay at cost..!

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; February 17, 2011 at 07:27am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    Other: There hasn't been a non-wanted character yet! I like characters to different degrees, but I'm happy to build the universe out with more, even if they're not my favorites.

I keep them but I turn them around and make them face the back of the shelf and make them think about why they suck compared to the other ones.
    JD

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    I chose "other". I keep 'em, but not reluctantly.

The sub is to make sure my Boy gets one of each figure, he'll decide later if he wants to keep 'em or not (I'm sure he will, he's growing up with both series'). The figures I gotta have for myself I buy separately on sale-day, thankfully that's not anyone so far this year, lol (though I still might hunt down a Vikor). Not until Man-E and Panthor so far, and most likely Bikini-Babe Teela.
    Great B/S/T'ers: iceman51880, Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'm a 2x subscriber, so I always at least keep one for MOC, no matter how much I like the figure (I'm a completist!)

The second, I'll open to pose, unless it's really a figure a really don't care for, in which case I'll hold on to it for 12 months or so and stick it on e-bay.
    I'd also trade them if the situation arose, but as yet I haven't.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

No matter how much I may dislike a figure or character or era the figure is from, I happily keep them all for the simple fact that I love MOTU as a whole and will happily support this line through and through, even if I do complain from time to time.

I voted other.

Heroic Warrior
    Other - I'd happily trade some, but I needs me some customizin' fodder!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I had voted "happily sell them" but I have yet to. If I ever do feel the need to sell, there you go. Alternately they would become Custom Fodder

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    But I will swear on my mothers grave that once they start pumping detail deprived, bland Filmation style figures, Each and every one will be destined for Ebay at cost..!
    Interesting post! I assume you didn't Sub since it's solely a FILMATION line?

I totally forgot that I made this poll. Being a Cherry Picker, I love every single figure I have, but if I Subbed, I would probably sell Unwanted Figs to other HE-Fans, or maybe trade with somebody who had the opposite taste of me.
    Evil Robot Manager of Weenie Hut Juniors

Heroic Warrior
    I subbed up in 2014 and traded and sold off a few figures I didn't want. The only figure I wanted to get rid of was Hydron and decided to keep him.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I don't have a non-wanted figure! All has a place on my shelf!
    Except for Mo-Larr.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Other: it's a war to sell the unwanted figures, last year I used various Spirit Of King Grayskull as bait. I don't want to earn money just to have my money back and it's always a tiresome war.
    Now I have to sell 2 Rotons, Stridor, Filmation Trap Jaw, Filmation Evilseed and Tuskador, my only hope is to use Anti-He-Man as a bait.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Now that all the vintage figures are done, don't let MOTUC die, keep buyin' the figures!
    2016 will be great!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I keep mine. There will be characters that I like way more than others. I always keep my favorites out, but I pour over the other figures in my bins from time to time.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    I've tried selling mine, but every one of the D-listers that I hate... so do a hundred other people and they flood the market.

So I have to either sell it for a massive loss or reluctantly keep it

I tried ot sell the Star Sisters for the cost I paid for them in the sub and no one would touch them. I'm hoping in a few years they will be in mor demand and I can get rid of them. Or maybe once MOTUC has ended I'll want to open them just to fill the void of new figures.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm an all in collector, I love everything motuc makes. Even if I didn't at first.
    However if I have a second sub I usually sell the ones I don't want repeats of or have use of making a custom with.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I want them all!!!!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

HAD to vote "other"…what is this "non-wanted figure" you speak of????
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I am a completest so I always keep 1 of everything, but with that being said I find that the figures that I don't care for, and according to the secondary market no one cares for, normally gimickie type variants, are inversely a huge hit with the kids. If I find myself with multiple subs and get multiples of an undesired figure, one that would ensure a loss on Ebay-I set it aside for Christmas time. The saddest thing is every MotUC figure that I have given the kids is a huge hit. I wish more folks bought these for their children.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    HAD to vote "other"…what is this "non-wanted figure" you speak of????

ROFL! Hysterical!