Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014: Year of the Horse

2014: Year of the Horse

In the Chinese Zodiac calendar, the year 2014 is the "Year of the Horse". Toyguru (Scott) has vaguely suggested horses will be coming. Do you think he will tie the two together and offer up several Horse characters in 2014? I can see them doing one a quarter, either in sub or out of sub...

Stridor
    Silver Storm
    Night Stalker
    Arrow

And I'd even love to see Teela's golden unicorn.

They already have the standard horse buck and, with some alterations, they could easily make Silver Storm, Arrow, and Teela's golden unicorn. Once they have the Stridor buck, they can easily make Night Stalker too; again, with some alterations to make him slightly unique.

With the exception of strider and night stalker, I would prefer vehicles rather than obscure beasts
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

I couldn't care less about some unprocessed steaks

(That's right, we eat horses in Belgium!)

I wouldn't mind ONE horse other than Swiftwind. But I hope they don't load us up with a bunch of horse clones unless there is something drastically different about each of them. Bring on Night Stalker and Stridor thought! I really can't wait for those. Stridor was my favorite 'beast' growing up.

Well, I'd say prepare to eat some horses, Beastmaster. Silver Storm, Arrow, and Stridor have been trademarked. And Teela's golden unicorn was featured in the new DC comics. They are coming, sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Well, I'd say prepare to eat some horses, Beastmaster. Silver Storm, Arrow, and Stridor have been trademarked. And Teela's golden unicorn was featured in the new DC comics. They are coming, sooner or later.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Bring on the Dark Riders!
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I wouldnt mind Storm or Arrow but still would prefer Clawdeen and Battle Lion.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Fingers crossed for stridor
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I would love Stridor and NightStalker, I remember back in the day He-Man and Skeletor had BattleCat and Panthor. While Fisto and Jitsu had Stridor and NightStalker. It always made them seem special to me.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I would love to see al the horses from MOTU and POP released. My sister had nearly all of them when we were kids, and Crystal Moonbeam and Crystal Sundancer were really neat. Ya, they were girly, but they were cool. And the buck now exists, so it's a no-brainer to me.

I know some fans don't want to see this, so I suggest Mattel do a POP horse sub, and target girls. Perhaps put inserts in Barbie and Monster High toys about it. Price them all at $30, and have a She-Ra 2.0 for those that sign up. This would attract a new generation to POP, and would be a safe testing ground. You might also get some fathers of those girls to rekindle their memories of MOTU, and maybe they'll buy their own MOTU sub for themselves or their kids. Just and idea to grow the brand. Horsepower!

Court Magician
    BraveStar and 30/30 for SDCC... I can dream can't I?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Sagitar is a centaur.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Sagitar is a centaur.
    Not really, considering his body isn't a horse but a man with two sets of arms and normal legs.

Bring on Night Stalker and Stridor!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Storm would be quite easy to make and would allow Catra to have a mount (mind you the same could be said of Clawdeen)

Stridor and Nightstalker are quite demanded and would make perfect mounts for Fisto and Jitsu.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of these 3 was released in 2014.
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I wouldn't mind Arrow. But I'm not sure they can reuse the Swifty buck to make him Filmation-esque. They never should have sculpted the brace around Swift Wind's neck (this also prevents you from making an accurate Spirit).
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I would love to see any version of Storm make it into the line, as well as a toy-accurate Arrow. Teela's unicorn would be neat, but would be even better if it came packaged with a mini-comics variant of Teela to go with it.
    Oddly enough, I don't really care any more if we get Spirit or not for Adora.
    But Stridor and Nightstalker? Those are MUST HAVES!
    I wouldn't mind the Crystal horses (would be kinda cool if there were three, and one each could go to The Star Sisters!), but they aren't must haves.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I wouldn't mind Arrow. But I'm not sure they can reuse the Swifty buck to make him Filmation-esque. They never should have sculpted the brace around Swift Wind's neck (this also prevents you from making an accurate Spirit).
    They could always tool a new piece for that section of the horse buck. It could be reused for a Filmation Arrow, Spirit, or Teela's golden Unicorn. They could design it without the detailed neck piece and without peg holes for the wings. Everything else, practically, could be reused.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd be happy to see:

Stridor
    Night Stalker
    Filmation-accurate Arrow
    Teela's Unicorn
    Spirit

I mean, I wouldn't mind the others too much, but I doubt anyone but hardcore POP fans are really Jonesing for them. I think they will try to reuse that Swift Wind buck at least one more time (or at least most of the buck) to help justify the original tooling cost. It is a beautiful sculpt after all. I'm just pretty sure most of the fanbase is not clamoring for a rainbow of horses.

Mind you, I'm one of those completists who wants one of everything (reasonably. I know I'll never have a silver She-Ra).

Maybe some of the lesser-demanded horses as convention exclusives??
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Stridor!!
    Night Stalker!!

Make it happen, Mattel

I can't tell if your original post is serious. You think that they would release four horses in one year? I want ALL the horses but I can't see them ever doing more than one a year.

Also, what was (or where was) Scott's vague suggestion?
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

While I'd take them all, I NEED to get Spirit. He's probably the most major character we don't have.

I also won't consider the line "good enough" until we get Arrow as well as Stridor and Nightstalker.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'm game for all the horses. Stridor, Arrow, Storm and Night Stalker are at the top of my beast want lists.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

Warlock from Blackstar is part horse. Him I would love.