Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky-High & Sky Sled Discussion Thread

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I disagree. Granita was recently trademarked and her name wasn't present in either Rokkon's or Stonedar's bio. Mattel wouldn't spend the money trademarking her name if she wasn't on the schedule.

Sky-High is the only pilot that actually has a vehicle and that makes him the most likely to be sold separately and be successful. I bet he was already made and they are just hanging on to him. He might end up being a sub exclusive or traveling convention figure in 2014.
    I really hope Granita makes it to MOTUC one day. Sky High seems cheaper to make and I wouldn't be surprised if he were released before her...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

He was revealed tonight to come with the Sky Sled as the Holiday Item this year!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

It's an awesome 2-pack! And that name "Sky High" is pretty sweet too!
    I love the winged jet pack too!

The figure is phenomenal the sled is a bonus!

GREATEST FIGURE REVEAL EVER!!!!!!!!!!

I knew he was coming when Scott mentioned him by name in the spring when answering a question about the Foe Men.

Why is it being called the Jet Sled? That was a completely different vintage toy. Shouldn't the package say Sky High with Sky Sled?
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

So I guess it's official now we'll never get a full Battle Ram?
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Never say never, but likely not.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'll bet that the sales of the Sky Sled will determine if we get more vehicles. This might be our final chance to show Mattel that we want vehicles, let alone the rear of the Battle Ram!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'll bet that the sales of the Sky Sled will determine if we get more vehicles. This might be our final chance to show Mattel that we want vehicles, let alone the rear of the Battle Ram!
    Unless they already revealed the pre-order and i missed it,its probably the rear end of the Battle Ram.Going with Mattels marketing strategy buy the sled and corner customers to make sure they buy the rest.

Is this "holiday item" included in the 2013 sub? I cannot recall what was included?

Whatever the case maybe, I'll be buying a bunch since I consider it an army-builder set for both the heroes and the villains, until of course they release an evil counterpart like Roton and such.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmmmm... I have mixed feelings about Geldor, Sky High and the Sky Sled...

The figures (Geldor and Sky High) are VERY SIMPLE DESIGNS (with MANY reused parts). On the other hand, they look nice. I like the ancient greek soldier (hoplite) vibe we get from Sky High's helmet (looks almost like a corinthian helmet)... Smart choice for cheap figures, I'd say.

The Sky Sled looks awesome (the detail that kills : the painted eyes on the beastly head of the Sky Sled). I hope we'll get the whole Battle Ram later, though... Also, Sky High doesn't seem to be the one who needs a Sky Sled, since he has his own flight pack !

I rather like the vehicle + action figure idea... now, the biggest question is : how much will my reseller ask for this (and NO, there's no way I'll buy a sub ! Too many bad services and issues with that option) ?

I think I'll buy Geldor, PROVIDED he doesn't have flaws or articulation problems.

Sky-High and the Sky Sled : will depend on the money I can spend, but I'm not against it.

On a side note : I've officially had enough of these Trap-Jaw legs ! PLEASE use something a bit different, good-looking and more orginal, now!
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 18, 2013 at 02:54am.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It just sucks in order to get multiples you have to pay for the pilot too...way to sabotage vehicles if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I rather like the vehicle + action figure idea...
    It is not a bad idea in itself, but they way it's been implemented in this pack is nothing short of appalling.

You cannot pair a highly-demanded first-wave-vintage army-builder vehicle with an obscure non-army-builder "concept" character (who, on top of that, is the pilot of some other vehicle), because the latter will hugely negatively affect the marketability of the whole pack, deterring many customers who would potentially have bought many multiples of the Sky Sled had it been released on its own, but who won't buy multiples of this pack to be left sitting on half a dozen unwanted extra Sky Highs (which won't be that easy to resell, since the market will get flooded with them, and since they will be open figures even if in mint condition, so the asking price will necessarily have to be rather low).

The Sky Sled on its own, paired with another Sky Sled in "evil" greenish colors, or paired with an appropriate army-builder figure (such as the highly-demanded Robot Knights) would have been a great choice expected to perform up to or above expectations. But a Sky Sled paired with Sky High is doomed to flop from the get-go, and with it any chance of getting the back part of the Battle Ram or any other future vehicles (and there are so many of them that we're lacking).

Quote Originally Posted by mk1138 View Post
    It just sucks in order to get multiples you have to pay for the pilot too...way to sabotage vehicles if you ask me.
    This. Mattel seems to be ineptly sabotaging their own products.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; July 18, 2013 at 03:16am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Why is it being called the Jet Sled? That was a completely different vintage toy. Shouldn't the package say Sky High with Sky Sled?
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. What an awesome, awesome reveal. I wonder if the 2014 sub item is the back end of the Battle Ram.
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    It is not a bad idea in itself, but they way it's been implemented in this pack is nothing short of appalling.

You cannot pair a highly-demanded first-wave-vintage army-builder vehicle with an obscure non-army-builder "concept" character (who, on top of that, is the pilot of some other vehicle), because the latter will hugely negatively affect the marketability of the whole pack, deterring many customers who would potentially have bought many multiples of the Sky Sled had it been released on its own, but who won't buy multiples of this pack to be left sitting on half a dozen unwanted extra Sky Highs (which won't be that easy to resell, since the market will get flooded with them, and since they will be open figures even if in mint condition, so the asking price will necessarily have to be rather low).

The Sky Sled on its own, paired with another Sky Sled in "evil" greenish colors, or paired with an appropriate army-builder figure (such as the highly-demanded Robot Knights) would have been a great choice expected to perform up to or above expectations. But a Sky Sled paired with Sky High is doomed to flop from the get-go, and with it any chance of getting the back part of the Battle Ram or any other future vehicles (and there are so many of them that we're lacking).
    I just reralised this as well but you beat me to it. People would like to army build their Sky Sleds but not with Sky High as a figure. The Sky Sled should either have been offered as a stand alone item or with another "evil" green Sky Sled or with any kind of army builder figure fans have been asking for (hover robots, skeleton warriors etc).
    But this two-pak is jsut such a bad marketing decision. And there have been too many bad marketing decisions made recently (Netphu, end of the weapons paks with too many fan demended items still unreleased). I've never felt so miserable around SDCC. It's the first year ever that I think we might actually have reached the end of the line and will not make it to 2015 (not even 2014 is set in stone if you ask me). I'm sorry for whinig and complaining, but that's the way I feel right now. The reveals do not get me excited, the opposite is the case.
    Moreover, with 16 vintage MOTU and 10 vintage POP characters left, they will never be able to wrap the line up the way they want to. You need two full years to release only the vintage guys that are still left and there's lots of fan demended Filmation, 200x and other characters.
    Al this is a huge mess.
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. What an awesome, awesome reveal. I wonder if the 2014 sub item is the back end of the Battle Ram.
    Well, depending on if you believe Scott or not (as that's a whole other issue), he tried to nip rumors in the bud by answering a question a few hours ago stating once more that there is no Battle Ram and that the WR just didn't sell well enough....

Not necessarily, if this set is be around $35-$40 as rumored, I think it's a decent deal considering the high cost of the MOTUC items in general. I mean Mattel could easily ask people to pay $25-$30 for the Sled alone and $27 for the generic Pilot separately and risk both, but they've included them in one package as a set to satisfy fans on both ends and push sales without the greater risk.
    Last edited by Darkkosis; July 18, 2013 at 03:35am.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Wait!?? There are not enough slots for Huntara and Masque but we get another FFM guy with one of the most wanted vehicles!!! I thought we'd had enough of those concept art characters?!!

Such a lame way to push fans into buying a figure!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Wow did they really use your bio word for word??
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

This. I totally agree. I don't even want Sky High, but I do want multiple sky sleds, it's Mattels clever marketing ploy to make you spend money on something you don't want in ordered to get something you do want. It's a way for them to justify the cost of the actual sky sled.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

...All this is a huge mess.

I feel the same way. Hopefully the big reveals will make up for this. So far the only reveal to me that has nothing wrong with it is Geldor, and I really don't care about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    This. I totally agree. I don't even want Sky High, but I do want multiple sky sleds, it's Mattels clever marketing ploy to make you spend money on something you don't want in ordered to get something you do want. It's a way for them to justify the cost of the actual sky sled.
    I don't understand why everyone is whining about this. It's not like it pushes the cost of the sled to $70. It's still only $35. If you don't like the figure, sell it to a customizer for $10 and consider it a discount.

does it not say holiday item fall of 2014? I mean it does, right on the card. Am I missing something?

Anyway, I love the sled. It's beautiful, and I new it would be. I just never thought I'd be getting one.

And Sky HIgh? I'm actually more exicited for him than the sled. I'm very happy to get it. But he's what I want more, since when we got the foe men, I was hurting he wasnt there. I knew he had to be.

And he's pefect. I knew he'd be the best one of them all, and now he is.

This set is just a suprise blessing, & I be thankful.

That sounded too religious. Ugh. Point is, I am excite.

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is whining about this. It's not like it pushes the cost of the sled to $70. It's still only $35. If you don't like the figure, sell it to a customizer for $10 and consider it a discount.

Thank you, I say, I will do just that!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

awesome, he's a great figure, and I believe will be in demand. Of course I cant see people wanting just him and not the awesome sled, but hey, maybe. And he may be a great base for customizing.

But he's just tops.