Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky-High & Sky Sled Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I happen to like him Trap Jaw boots and all.... Am I getting tired of seeing them? yes, for sure, but on him they actually look OK. As for the wing....I could live without that thing, because without it on, he has that huge ass pack like Sy-Klone does, and that I don't like because I don't like the huge ass thing on Fisto's back either....but my figures are displayed from the front, so it's not that bad.

But I do like him, and think he looks cool, he looks better to me than Dawg-O-Tor does with the even more tired furry boots....even with no peg hole, they are still the same old boots. And not to mention I don't like Sherrilyn much either, so....and I know SH isn't a "Foe Man" but I would have rather had him than her. Even though too....I think the AT pilot would have been better if left a dude, like the artwork showed, or at least not used the damn BG Teela buck again.

But I vote for the retirement of the TJ legs.... they could have used Snouts boots, or Even though I'm not fond of them...Icarius'. But I think in SH's case, he wears the TJ boots well.
    I agree that the Trap Jaw legs work very well on him. It's also a shame he didn't come with the FFM...I might have kept them otherwise.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Please sir ...
    Let us know the price
    Oliver-Twist.jpeg
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Please sir ...
    Let us know the price
    Oliver-Twist.jpeg
    Seriously, this thing is supposed to go on sale in less than a month, right? Why do I have the feeling that this is going to end up getting pushed back?
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Seriously, this thing is supposed to go on sale in less than a month, right? Why do I have the feeling that this is going to end up getting pushed back?
    It is weird that they haven't told us a price. I hope it's reasonable

I don't know about it being pushed back though, because the packaged sample they had at Sdcc looked like it was final. I hope it isn't pushed back, because October is expensive enough!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'm expecting it to be $50-$60. The figure itself will account for $25 of the price (remember, they don't ever cut deals with multi-packed figures or anything like that). The Wind Raider was what? $45? And Sky Sled is only half the size with no flying base included... so yeah- I'm expecting it to be at least $50, hopefully not much more than that.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It is weird that they haven't told us a price. I hope it's reasonable

I don't know about it being pushed back though, because the packaged sample they had at Sdcc looked like it was final. I hope it isn't pushed back, because October is expensive enough!!
    I really, really, REALLY hope it doesn't get pushed back. October is an unholy beast of a month, with three normal figures, the weapons pak and the horde troopers, and November is going to be pretty beastly as well with Castle Grayskull.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Yeah October is pretty unreasonable!! I hope the price on this thing is not going to be unreasonable either and thats why they are holding back so as to avoid backlash...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    I should have got it off bbts I was waiting to see what the price would be watch it turnout to be more then I miss getting to buy one.

Heroic Warrior
    This is reminding me of the Flight Stands 2.0. We didn't even see them until almost a month before they went on sale.

The fact that they are withholding the price makes me think it is going to be much higher than we anticipate. They probably didn't want to announce the price until after the sub window closed so as not to upset potential subscribers.

Since the subs are going to open back up for a day or 2 they are probably waiting until after they close again before they announce that it will cost a bazillion dollars.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel needs the sort of customer who will put their faith and money entirely in Mattel. As such, I can see them thinking that we don't need to know the price.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    The fact that they are withholding the price makes me think it is going to be much higher than we anticipate. They probably didn't want to announce the price until after the sub window closed so as not to upset potential subscribers.

Since the subs are going to open back up for a day or 2 they are probably waiting until after they close again before they announce that it will cost a bazillion dollars.
    Which would work if these were in the sub, but they're not. Except for the Star Sisters and FFM, everything that everyone, including myself, have complained about has been *outside* the sub. Therefore it really doesn't affect sub sales or potential sub sales one way or the other. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Which would work if these were in the sub, but they're not. Except for the Star Sisters and FFM, everything that everyone, including myself, have complained about has been *outside* the sub. Therefore it really doesn't affect sub sales or potential sub sales one way or the other. Just saying.
    Oh, it can definitely affect sub sales if someone gets upset about the price...no matter if it is part of the sub or not. When people get upset they sometimes think irrationally which in turn causes them to make irrational decisions (i.e. not buying a sub because of the price of a non-sub item).
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    I think that the number crunching dpt at Mattel came up with a cost a little over 50, and they are on the fence if they cut a bit and tag it at 50 or go 55 (or even 60).
    Also, they are probably discussing shipping. As you remember the shipping for the rock warriors was higher than the it you got 2 separated single carded figures. I think the shipping cost at DR considers the value of the item more than the real size / weight. Lets hope that mattel is playing our side here and trying to give us Jet Sled at the most reasonable condition possible.

Heroic Warrior
    That's the reason I thought the bbts order was a little too high but then I was thinkign of what they would make the price.

I would expect around $55-60. Sky High himself would be $25-$27, so you have to figure the Jet Sled would at the very least would probably be $30

why the Hello! is the Sky Sled not available for Early Access? it's not a sub item. again, Early Access proves to be a total waste for me.

again, no price mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    why the Hello! is the Sky Sled not available for Early Access? it's not a sub item. again, Early Access proves to be a total waste for me.

again, no price mentioned.
    TG has already said that the Sky Sled and Sky High will be EA.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I guess DR didn't get the memo... surprise, surprise...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    then why no mention of it under EA? only Poison Ivy is listed, while the Sky Sled is under ALL ACCESS.

as far as this being a DR issue, is that who this "Matty" is? i always assumed it was an actual Mattel employee.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post

The Matty page only lists Poison Ivy and Stratos as early access or am I reading this wrong?

Heroic Warrior
    Why are you guys so surprised ? It's "only" the 5th year that the Matty website (incompetently run by DR) is a total mess... It's not like you didn't know that before.

Don't ask who Marty is. People have disappeared down that rabbit hole. Just smile and nod and say "Yes Marty, thank you for the toys".

Snappy Threader
    I didn't know until now that Sky High would be available so soon. Love it. I can't wait to get the set.

It really shouldn't be more than $45 (which means it will be $60 - and I'll just wait until I find it on sale), because if it IS more than $45, no one will buy more than one.

They messed with their sales of the wind raider by making it JUST a little too expensive for most people to buy two.

They need to keep this reasonable so they can move the product.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.