Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky-High & Sky Sled Discussion Thread

I guess $55!
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

If Mattel's not going to set a price, then naturally we must be using the barter system. Once this set's in my cart, I'll send Matty some excess Popeye and Star Trek figures. Now I don't have to get rid of that stuff on ebay! What a great decision, thanks Mattel!
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    If Mattel's not going to set a price, then naturally we must be using the barter system. Once this set's in my cart, I'll send Matty some excess Popeye and Star Trek figures. Now I don't have to get rid of that stuff on ebay! What a great decision, thanks Mattel!
    LOL I needed a good laugh thanks

I'm shocked that matty still hasn't assigned it a price.
    We need a Snake Teela and Critta in MOTUC! The snakemen and Space mutants are the only factions without a girl in them!

Court Magician
    Has no one realized there already was a September figure? Mantenna, moved to October, along with Dactus. Then we get Horde Trooper 2-pack in October, so which one of the last quarterly item? Matty snuck in another item to get more money from us. And while it is cool looking, who is Sky High? Some guy in the background of an old poster? And you all wanted this? Weird...

Anyone know if the helmet is memorable.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.

Memorable yes. Removable no.

Heroic Warrior
    I might have to do a third party custom helmet less head for this one,....
    Any one got any ideas about what they think he would look like????

I'd be guessing $60 at least for this. A two pack of rockmen comes in at that price. A regular figure is $27 outside of the sub.

Given the Windraider was $45 initially, the Sky Sled would probably be around $30. Of course, why not round it up to an even $60 for the extra lols?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was more, TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    I'd be guessing $60 at least for this. A two pack of rockmen comes in at that price. A regular figure is $27 outside of the sub.

Given the Windraider was $45 initially, the Sky Sled would probably be around $30. Of course, why not round it up to an even $60 for the extra lols?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was more, TBH.
    It's not the price that puts me off,it's the fact that i would have bought multiple Sky Sleds had it not been packed out with the figure,again it's another figure that i have absolutely no interest in,yes i had the posters,figures,pictures,vhs cartoons,vehicles and playsets but that doesn't mean i want a figure of every character that the artists put in as background filler.I know i sound harsh but this is a missed opportunity to bring funds to the line and instead we have fans on the org alone saying they'll buy one instead of 2 or 3,all b/c Matty/TG wanted to through out another obscure figure(that some fans did want).I'm glad i didn't sub in 2013 but this kind of thing isn't pushing me back towards it for 2014 either.

Quote Originally Posted by quigonnoodle View Post
    And while it is cool looking, who is Sky High? Some guy in the background of an old poster? And you all wanted this? Weird...
    Yep. I wanted him quite a lot, so bully for me!
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    If Mattel wanted a high price point for Sky Sled pack, they could have easily included an evil version of Sky Sled, in green with evil head like in the filmation cartoon. I would have gladly bought 5 of those set !!

But now, they have included one of the lamest (IMHO), cheaply repainted figure in this set ! No offence to Sky High fans, If he would have got his release in single, he would been bit more unique like that FFM Roton guy. I wouldn't blame some Mattel's high level manager for this. Because I am sure he/she probably wouldn't even know about Sky High (other that the real sky which very high ).

The fact is, Scott has failed, One.......... More............... Time !!!!

Not only he shot it on his (I mean Mattel's) foot, He also shot on every single fan who loves Battle Ram & Sky Sled !!!!!!

If this 2 pack performs bit slow, he will once again turn to fans & say "See ????????????? This is why we are so scared of making the entire Battle Ram" !!

And, He will also say "BTW guys........ I got my beloved character Nepthu in MOTUC, so buy him without fail" !!
    Last edited by TUC138; July 29, 2013 at 11:08am.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

With this release they already have a good portion of the Battle Ram tooled. It's getting us that much closer to the full Battle Ram because it will now be a cheaper investment for Mattel to move forward with. I'm sure there will be some people that purchase multiples so hopefully it sells well enough for them to consider the Battle Ram in 2014 or 2015.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    With this release they already have a good portion of the Battle Ram tooled. It's getting us that much closer to the full Battle Ram because it will now be a cheaper investment for Mattel to move forward with. I'm sure there will be some people that purchase multiples so hopefully it sells well enough for them to consider the Battle Ram in 2014 or 2015.
    No matter how well Sky Sled performs, NO vehicles will be made in 2014 & 2015 ! Scott has assured that PD's walkthrough video !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

The fact that Mattel hasn't released the price of this item yet has me thinking it will be $70 - $80. I count the sky sled as a vehicle, and they may price it accordingly with the figure.

So... what's a Horde Boa Jet and what's the Snake Strike Squad? What did I miss?
    Say cheese!!!

Has no one realized there already was a September figure? Mantenna, moved to October, along with Dactus.
    Yes, we knew that, months ago....

Then we get Horde Trooper 2-pack in October, so which one of the last quarterly item?
    The Quarterlies are Ram Man, Foe Men, Horde Troopers & NAHM

Matty snuck in another item to get more money from us.
    Sky High, is not in the sub, so you don't have to buy him if you don't want him.

And while it is cool looking, who is Sky High? Some guy in the background of an old poster? And you all wanted this? Weird...
    And yes, I for one want him, especially since we got the other 3 pilots, even though they screwed up and made the AT pilot a female, or the very least made her head with a molded on visor....that absolutely killed me liking her.

And actually, other than the clip on his back, I actually like him the most of all the pilots....I liked Ditztroyer the most until I saw Sky High. I just bought a Wind Raider for $37 dollars on Amazon, just to have a place for SH.... That and I love the box art of the WR.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    The fact that Mattel hasn't released the price of this item yet has me thinking it will be $70 - $80. I count the sky sled as a vehicle, and they may price it accordingly with the figure.
    No, I don't see it being that much, it may be a vehicle, but it's smaller and far less plastic than Wind Raider, and I think they'll do Sky High with the sub price of $25, so....$55 - $60 tops, I believe.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; July 30, 2013 at 04:17am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    If they priced it that high, a few customers will even consider it!!! Probably most could justify paying $50-$75 for a full functional Battle-Ram, but for this set it will be absolutely a ridiculous and an outrageous attempt by TG/Mattel. Might even anger a few fans/customer to not to purchase the 2014 sub as a retaliation!

I'd say $35-$45 is what should be at.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    If they priced it that high, a few customers will even consider it!!! Probably most could justify paying $50-$75 for a full functional Battle-Ram, but for this set it will be absolutely a ridiculous and an outrageous attempt by TG/Mattel. Might even anger a few fans/customer to not to purchase the 2014 sub as a retaliation!

I'd say $35-$45 is what should be at.
    Unless they lose money....which I don't even know if they would for sure....a figure will be at least $25....and I know the Sled will be more than $10 or $20 itself, so at least $50 or $55 we're looking at, you know Mattel doesn't pro rate for multiple items in a set. If they do for this set, then it's ********, and the Foe Men should have been much cheaper.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I'm guessing $55 minimum.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Unless they lose money....which I don't even know if they would for sure....a figure will be at least $25....and I know the Sled will be more than $10 or $20 itself, so at least $50 or $55 we're looking at, you know Mattel doesn't pro rate for multiple items in a set. If they do for this set, then it's ********, and the Foe Men should have been much cheaper.
    The Sled shouldn't be more than $20 IMO. It doesn't have moving/articulated parts or any playable functions. The paint application is probably the only thing that could make it a little pricier than having applied stickers on that piece of plastic.
    Now, how many units did they produce to reduce the cost is the only thing that Mattel has an answer for...

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    So... what's a Horde Boa Jet and what's the Snake Strike Squad? What did I miss?
    I think the Horde Boa Jet could be the Horde's version of the Sky Sled, that is shown on the comic cover.

I could easily see a smaller version of that Horde sled being sold with a Horde Trooper figure someday.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; July 30, 2013 at 01:20pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    The Sled shouldn't be more than $20 IMO. It doesn't have moving/articulated parts or any playable functions. The paint application is probably the only thing that could make it a little pricier than having applied stickers on that piece of plastic.
    Now, how many units did they produce to reduce the cost is the only thing that Mattel has an answer for...
    I just don't see it being $20 bucks....a set of DC stands are $12, MOTUC cases are $15....I don't see the Sled being less than at least $30.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I just don't see it being $20 bucks....a set of DC stands are $12, MOTUC cases are $15....I don't see the Sled being less than at least $30.
    Again, it all depends on how many they're producing and how much gouging is involved.

Remember that the Wind-Raider is twice as big, with lots of moving parts and paint applications, including an articulated stand, and it sold for $45 initially, and then it was raised to $55 before it was sold out (presumably)!

good job somebody have a 200x custom?

- - - Updated - - -

good idea!
    I want one
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

I, too, am not thrilled at the decisions made on this particular set. I would have bought several of these sky sleds. And I would have bought even more if they were sold in a two pack with the evil counterpart sled. Having to buy this with the figure really limits this item for me.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!