Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky-High & Sky Sled Discussion Thread

It's not like they don't know how much it costs. Just tell us already Matty. If you need an invitation......

Well, we're waiting....
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior
    Dr Evil : The price will be 1 million dollars !"

#2 : Don't you mean 1 *billion* dollars ?

Dr Evil : (whispers , "shut up....!")........Price will be 1 BILLION dollars......muha ha , MUHAHAHAHAHAH !

#2 , thinking to himself : ("what a moron Dr Evil is.....")

Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    It goes in sale in a little over 1 month. I am sure they cost it out months ago, so I just don't understand what's taking so long to announce the price. They act like it's some big secret.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure they're waiting because the sub sales are still on and the set might be more than people are expecting. I know there's no direct connection, but some people may not get a 2014 sub because Mattel have shown Plundor who isn't even part of the 2014 sub either...

There are some that think this set might be $35...
    I mean come on! It's a vehicle PLUS a $25 figure!

i don't see this being less than $60.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    It's not a full size vehicle, though. I'm going to have to say $50, Bob. I'm just wondering how many I need. Probably 1 to start with and then I'll go from there.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I mean come on! It's a vehicle PLUS a $25 DUMB repaint figure with a new head & new armour......... and that wacko-wing accessory !
    Fixed for ya !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Fixed for ya! But I apologize for being wrong about the figure being dumb. I don't know what came over me! And that double wing sword! SO AWESOME. Once again, very sorry!
    Fixed it for ya!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I apologize for being RIGHT about the figure being dumb personally. But I am sure it's a cheap repaint figure with boring Trap-Jaw parts.......... One, More, Time ! And yes, personally that wacko wing sucks big time.
    Fixed It Again !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly I had forgot who the figure was representing, but it just looks cool by itself, and the sled is awesome, hopefully I will be home on the day of sale what is the earliest you can order on the day of?

They know how much...no one is capable of posting on a board. Matty is so disorganized - we get sale day listings sometimes 3 days in advance of a sale. There is no one in charge of Mattycollector...it is a collective hodge-podge.

And please always remember and don't ever forget...that this figure is the single greatest figure EVER to be released.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Are there people out there who want multiples? I'd gladly sell off a figure or two so I can have my sleds but not the guy.

Heroic Warrior
    I was just wanting to be prepared I know since the only time I ever ordered was during that sale, never tried to hit a specific item on day of sale.

I apologize for being RIGHT about being WRONG about the figure being dumb personally. But I am sure it's a cheap repaint figure with boring Trap-Jaw parts..........THAT I LOVE! In fact, I've got a nicely framed picture on my wall of JUST the Trap-Jaw legs. One, More, Time! And yes, personally that wacko wing sucks big time, but in a good way. Like how you have to suck on jawbreakers. It can only end well!
    Fixed the fixed it again! Again? This can only end when one of us gets bored.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaw Bridge View Post
    Hopefully this set isn't over 45 dollars.
    It shouldn't be, unless if they wanna be greedy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    There are some that think this set might be $35...
    I mean come on! It's a vehicle PLUS a $25 figure!

i don't see this being less than $60.
    So this small vehicle that doesn't have any moving parts, nor play-features, nor a stand should sell as much as a Battle-Cat or a Panthor!!??... I surely hope not!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    It shouldn't be, unless if they wanna be greedy!

So this small vehicle that doesn't have any moving parts, nor play-features, nor a stand should sell as much as a Battle-Cat or a Panthor!!??... I surely hope not!

this is mattel and DR. there are no discounts for lack of moving parts. we're going to pay a high price for this high-end adult collector item. we're also going to be paying a bit more on shipping and handling. PLUS they used paint instead of stickers, and that's going to cost us too. I can easily see them slapping a $50-$60 tag on this. Which is probably why they're waiting to reveal the price.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post

this is mattel and DR. there are no discounts for lack of moving parts. we're going to pay a high price for this high-end adult collector item. we're also going to be paying a bit more on shipping and handling. PLUS they used paint instead of stickers, and that's going to cost us too. I can easily see them slapping a $50-$60 tag on this. Which is probably why they're waiting to reveal the price.
    The Wind-Raider had many moving parts, including a play feature, "twice" the size of the Sled, no stickers, all painted and sculpted part, and even an articulated stand, yet it was initially sold for $45, then $55 just right before it was sold out!... $35 for a single piece Sled is clearly a rip-off!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

The Wind-Raider had many moving parts, including a play feature, "twice" the size of the Sled, no stickers, all painted and sculpted part, and even an articulated stand, yet it was initially sold for $45, then $55 just right before it was sold out!... $35 for a single piece Sled is clearly a rip-off!
    the BM already tells us they under charge us and that we should be paying more for our figures. the cost of tooling, deco and labor has gone up. logistically they just can't afford to offer things at prices they would like to, it isn't 2009 anymore. fans who feel ripped off are not the fans this line needs. this line need fans who will pay for a premium small hunk of non-articulated plastic.

Heroic Warrior
    A very cool piece. I only vaguely remember the original box art and this looks great!

I remember hearing $35 for the holiday item, before we knew what it was. The Sky Sled has no articulation...just a chunk of plastic with deco. Since Sky High doesn't really come with any accessories, I think $10 extra is sufficient for the Sky Sled. Hope I'm right, because $$$ is tight.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    In this case I'd be happy to be wrong!
    The cheaper it is the happier I'll be. But as you already stated - Mattel can be greedy...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

A month to go, and still no price....???

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post

This is what I was saying, at least $$45 - $50, if it's less, I'll be surprised.

Doesn't matter, Look at it this way, DR charges a base $10 shipping if you were to order a dead fly....how is it hard to believe that a given $25 - $27 figure packaged with a vehicle, moving parts or not will cost at least $45 - $50? This from a company that doesn't even discount 2 or 3 packs when there are more figures, and better yet a Horde Trooper 2-pack with identical tooling on both figures aside from 4 unique small accessories.

And when did the Wind Raider every hit $55? I was going to buy one when it sold out, and it sold out at $50.
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...0#.Ug7hfazpyso

And let's not forget $45 was 2011 pricing, I'm surprised it never went above $50.

Anyway, you're talking a guaranteed $25, possibly $27 figure with at least a $20 - $25 vehicle minimum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    I remember hearing $35 for the holiday item, before we knew what it was. The Sky Sled has no articulation...just a chunk of plastic with deco. Since Sky High doesn't really come with any accessories, I think $10 extra is sufficient for the Sky Sled. Hope I'm right, because $$$ is tight.
    $35 is for the 2014 Holiday item.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I hope the set is not too high, however, this is Mattel. They're in the business of making money. Words, reasons and excuses can be shifted around all day long, but in the end it is all about profits.

So, like some have said, don't expect a nifty little price tag!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I apologize for being RIGHT about the figure being dumb personally. Some fans may feel otherwise, But I am sure it's a cheap repaint figure with boring Trap-Jaw boots........ One...... More...... Time ! Oh Yeah, that Trap-Jaw boots sucks BIG TIME ! They are old, peg hole visible, & one of them can't even articulate better !! Now that's what you call......... LAME !!
    You can never fix this again.......... Only Mattel Can !

You can never fix this again.......... Only Mattel Can !
    I happen to like him Trap Jaw boots and all.... Am I getting tired of seeing them? yes, for sure, but on him they actually look OK. As for the wing....I could live without that thing, because without it on, he has that huge ass pack like Sy-Klone does, and that I don't like because I don't like the huge ass thing on Fisto's back either....but my figures are displayed from the front, so it's not that bad.

But I do like him, and think he looks cool, he looks better to me than Dawg-O-Tor does with the even more tired furry boots....even with no peg hole, they are still the same old boots. And not to mention I don't like Sherrilyn much either, so....and I know SH isn't a "Foe Man" but I would have rather had him than her. Even though too....I think the AT pilot would have been better if left a dude, like the artwork showed, or at least not used the damn BG Teela buck again.

But I vote for the retirement of the TJ legs.... they could have used Snouts boots, or Even though I'm not fond of them...Icarius'. But I think in SH's case, he wears the TJ boots well.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; August 17, 2013 at 07:21am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Not big on this Sky High figure at all...to each his own I suppose. I would have spent more on the Sled's if not for the figure.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!