Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky-High & Sky Sled Discussion Thread

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Hopefully someone at Mattel lets us know for sure if this item will be available in early access or not. I'm thinking it's likely a DR oversight. It would be another slap in the face to subscribers if it isn't. Mattel needs to realize that people want subscriptions primarily for the convenience of obtaining products hassle free, and that not everyone can be online at the moment of sale either. Significant numbers of non-subscription items sold during early access is the way to go (enough so any subscriber can log on within a 24 hours and not have a problem obtaining the product is perfectly reasonable IMO). Not many people have the time or interest in hunting down items to complete their collections, and limited sales handled like Strobo, or Spirit of Hordak are major irritants to those who love the whole line. Here's hoping that Sky High and the Sky Sled aren't an addition to that list of irritants.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It really shouldn't be more than $45 (which means it will be $60 - and I'll just wait until I find it on sale), because if it IS more than $45, no one will buy more than one.

They messed with their sales of the wind raider by making it JUST a little too expensive for most people to buy two.

They need to keep this reasonable so they can move the product.
    Excellent points. I agree completely!

Scott Just said on Matty Subscribers ARE Getting early access to Sky Sled!
    Must have been a typo
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    How many Sky Sled's does one need? Two? One to display as is, and one to attach to an eventual (prays) Battle Ram?

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Officially pumped...I'm making sky high a foe men lackey!!!

They need to announce the price, people need time to work out their budgets and all. They are also shooting themselves in the foot by pairing the Sky Sled with Sky High. If the SS was sold by itself or better yet with an "evil" version they'd sell more. In the Filmation there were usually several SS not just one. I guess Sky High could be used as a generic pilot guard.

I'll be getting only one if it's $60 as people are speculating. Teela will be flying it not Sky High (dumb name).
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I'm not trying to be an antagonist, but with so little time before the sale, why do they think it's ok to not announce the price? There are questions about the price ontheir forum which haven't been answered but they did take the time to clarify the item will be available during EA. That is odd to me, unless they truly don't know the price. Mattel doesn't want to give us vehicles, yet when they do they make it difficult.

I must admit I'm completely baffled by the pricing situation.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I hope it's $45. However, that's $25 for the figure and $20 for the vehicle. I could see the vehicle costing $30, which would mean $55. I would like two but...that's a bit much (for me). I'm still very excited for this! I WISH Sky High's chest piece was removable like the FFM. To me, he's the 4th member and I would have LOVED to switch out his symbol for a Horde one!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Depending on price I just may wait and just buy a Sky High from the marketplace and pass on the Sky Sled. Had they been separate I would have scooped some up but I only want one Sky High figure and I don't want to try and sell him off just to get extra sleds...on the flip side a fleet of one is not a fleet.....so I may pass on the sled all together.

I have to say, the decision to include 'Sky-High' with the Sky Sled is a truly bizarre one. How many fans would have bought doubles of the vehicle? A fair few. But who really needs more than one 'Sky-High'? :-/
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    Sky High armybuilding

Seriously, at a price point of 60$ with the Horde Trooper in October, I don't see many sales for the sky sled. I think, most fans will buy one or two, but that's it.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope to have around 3 extra Sky-Highs.

I would have bought 2 if It came with stands....I guess I could have sold extra Figure
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    How many Sky Sled's does one need? Two? One to display as is, and one to attach to an eventual (prays) Battle Ram?
    good question actually

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I SPECULATE that what is going on with the price, is that after everything was said and done, the items were produced and shipped, etc... the final unit price to manufacture came out higher than expected somehow. (there could have been any number of reasons they came out higher)

So rather than having an item that falls in the $40-50 range, Mattel would have to offer it at a higher price to see any ROI (or maybe, breakeven)

So knowing that the more the item costs, the fewer units they will sell, I bet that there are internal discussions on how they can offer the item at a lower price and defray thier overage across another item this year----(another SOH type offering?)----so they don't get stuck with X number of sky sleds.

There are probably talks with finance, marketing, and management that are not finalized yet, so they are unable to provide a price point if one hasn't been set.

This is just my own thought on what could take so long...with less than 3 weeks until EA sale, I would bet that Scott would want a price to communicate---but he must not have one to give us yet, which makes me think that my conjecture is reasonable.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

After the SDCC sale and just having committed to another year's subscription, I just don't feel I can splurge on an item like this.

It comes down to shipping. Batros, via the Filmation sub, will cost me $38 with tax in NY, which is beyond outrageous for one figure. (I mean think about it, as cool as Batros is, if you saw him at a Toys R Us for $38 would you buy him?!?)

Add to that the fact that I can not combine an EA item like the Sky Sled, which is absurd, and I just can not justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    They need to announce the price, people need time to work out their budgets and all. They are also shooting themselves in the foot by pairing the Sky Sled with Sky High. If the SS was sold by itself or better yet with an "evil" version they'd sell more. In the Filmation there were usually several SS not just one. I guess Sky High could be used as a generic pilot guard.

I'll be getting only one if it's $60 as people are speculating. Teela will be flying it not Sky High (dumb name).
    Agreed The price needs to be given. I'm buying two regardless because it fits on the windraider stand and yes in many filmation episodes Skeletor who invaded Grayskull escaped on a sky sled after losing to He-Man so the jet sled will be in my Grayskull in November. One will be for my Masters the other for skeletor.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

As others have mentioned, it is unusual that a price hasn't been announced yet. I wonder why? Hopefully the name Sky High isn't a clue to the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    As others have mentioned, it is unusual that a price hasn't been announced yet. I wonder why? Hopefully the name Sky High isn't a clue to the price.
    Haha! bazing!

I'd love this, but with the hosing we're about to get in the Horde Trooper month, then CGS coming shortly too, i'm not sure I have the funds to stretch to this as well. Sucks because it is really really cool. Hopefully it'll stick around for a while and i'll stick it on the xmas list
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Maybe it's going to be a free gift for being loyal customers. lol.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Maybe it's going to be a free gift for being loyal customers. lol.
    If only

I am expecting it to be somewhere around $49-69, we have to assume the standard figure cost $25-27 and then probably $20-25 for the vehicle since its not nearly as large or detailed as the $50 Wind Raider.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

BBTS was selling preorders for $79.99 now we all know they mark up popular items anywhere from $30.00 to $40.00 over the real price so i'm going to guess Sky High & jet sled will be $40.00 to $45.00 on Matty.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

There is no way that the vehicle should be above $20! The highest this should sell for would be $45.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    I'd go with $40-$45. No way is this the same cost as a Wind Raider. At $40 I'd probably get a couple.