Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky-High & Sky Sled Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I don't think so, especially not at $50, there were many that insisted it would be $40 or $45, and the $50 price tag likely is turning some off. I only plan to get one, and I doubt they will fly off the virtual shelves EA alone, now I do hope after lasting for a few hours on DOS, so whoever wants one can get one, it does sell out.
    I agree. I can't see it selling out during early access either. When it was first revealed I thought I would want two of them. The more I think about it the less appeal the set has to me for the price. I'll probably order one during early access but I am still questioning whether it's actually worth it considering with shipping it will cost me between $60-65. It just doesn't seem cool enough for the price and I rarely pass on anything in this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    I agree. I can't see it selling out during early access either. When it was first revealed I thought I would want two of them. The more I think about it the less appeal the set has to me for the price. I'll probably order one during early access but I am still questioning whether it's actually worth it considering with shipping it will cost me between $60-65. It just doesn't seem cool enough for the price and I rarely pass on anything in this line.
    Well, I plan to offset the shipping by maybe getting a second He-Man for MOSC, or a King Hiss, or maybe both....hopefully the "essentials" stay on the EA page, and is not a glitch, it's about time they make that possible.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Well, I plan to offset the shipping by maybe getting a second He-Man for MOSC, or a King Hiss, or maybe both....hopefully the "essentials" stay on the EA page, and is not a glitch, it's about time they make that possible.
    There just isn't anything else extra I want this month so the shipping is a bitter pill to swallow. I hate getting two shipping charges in one month too. I wish there was a way to add it to my Filmation sub order. I know a lot of fans will disagree but I wish the set was being released in October or December when there are other extra items I'll be ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Was reading an interesting excerpt last night from "Mastering the Universe", by the ever-lovin and infamous Roger Sweet. In it he talks about the origins of both the Battle Ram and Wind Raider, stating that the Wind Raider in particular was (in his opinion) one of the worst designed vehicles of the early line and a poor seller when it hit retail. I chuckled when he called it a dinghy with wings and its only poorly designed and lazy action feature an anchor that launched off its hood. In his estimation its sales equaled its design and although it showed up quite often in the cartoon and has since joined the ranks of many a beloved toy in fans hearts, I find it incredibly ironic that it sold similarly poorly when Matty attempted to relaunch it. Perhaps we children of the 80's remembered it more fondly than we ever had any real desire to own it? After all, if it didn't sell well to our arguably much more highly influenced younger selves why would it sell to us as adults? And a quick apology to the Horsemen. I do not speak to the quality of the W.R. here as I consider that beyond compare a work of art.

Funny then that Matty considered this the iconic vehicle that should launch their foray into selling them. You know what they say about history. Anyway, according to Roger the Battle Ram- the other vehicle he described at length- made little sense, being essentially two different vehicles mashed together one half of which was essentially useless. But he did mention that it sold much better than poor old Wind Raider. So, much like Wind Raider's then and now sales essentially mirroring each other it will be interesting to see how the more useful half of B.R. does come sale day. Will history repeat itself, as it often does?
    I had the Battle Ram and not the Wind Raider as a kid. I had a friend who had the WR, and the wings snapped off pretty early on that thing. I thought it was kind of cool, but I definitely preferred my Battle Ram, as it had a lot more play value.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    I got a feeling that they are going to sell out during early access. And then at Power-Con they are going to say that they will be doing a pre-order for the Battle-RAM!!!

BATTLE-RAM!
    That scenario playing out (and the pre-order going through) would pretty much make my toy-life complete.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    That scenario playing out (and the pre-order going through) would pretty much make my toy-life complete.
    Yep,.... Mine too

Newbie question so forgive me: I was thinking that the Sky Sled was part of the subscription and I'd automatically get one, but since my September renewal didn't show it I'm assuming that I'll have to be ready on the Early Access to order one...amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I had the Battle Ram and not the Wind Raider as a kid. I had a friend who had the WR, and the wings snapped off pretty early on that thing. I thought it was kind of cool, but I definitely preferred my Battle Ram, as it had a lot more play value.
    That would rock...and then for 2015 they could announce a pre-sale for the Roton with a subscription incentive. If you purchase a subscription AND pre-order the Roton, you get a discount.

Going to order one Early Access. Bring it to Power Con. Sell it for twice the price. Buy another one on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Going to order one Early Access. Bring it to Power Con. Sell it for twice the price. Buy another one on Monday.
    I say why buy 1 if you can buy two at EA and make twice the profit at PC.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by justthetoys View Post
    Newbie question so forgive me: I was thinking that the Sky Sled was part of the subscription and I'd automatically get one, but since my September renewal didn't show it I'm assuming that I'll have to be ready on the Early Access to order one...amirite?
    You are correct.

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Snappy Threader
    Wow it's almost time for such an Amazing figure....

Heroic Warrior
    I settled on 2 sets(plus Poison Ivy). I know they wanted to get Sky High made, but man, 2 sleds for $50 would have been a lot better than 1 for $50. Now where's that horse I'm supposed to beat...

I hope the sled is still up for sale on the day of and I get it. If the whole early access thing has it selling out that will be that final middle finger to me. I will drop the line entirely. Sky sled/Battle ram was my favorite back in the day and i look deeply forward to the modern version even if they don't put out the back of the vehicle. But..if it goes away I am done.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Less then 30min to go. I hope the Sky Sled sells well.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Looks like the idiots at Digital River are at it again. Sky-High is showing up as $500.00

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Looks like the idiots at Digital River are at it again. Sky-High is showing up as $500.00
    It is showing up correctly as $50 for me.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Yep,.... Mine too
    Yeah, that would "pretty much" make my toy-life complete, but having that scenario play out and getting your custom head WOULD make my toy-life complete!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    It says $50 for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I just refreshed and its still at 500.00
    Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 9.54.54 AM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    I just refreshed and its still at 500.00
    Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 9.54.54 AM.jpg
    That is awful. Hope they get it worked out for you before you order. It is still correct for me...thankfully.

Its been at 50 all morning up until about 10 minutes ago. Maybe if I try another browser...

It says Buy Now, but I can't add to cart?

Heroic Warrior
    Alright... can't buy a Sky-High. No way to get it in my cart. Early Access is busted, yo.

I can't even buy it. All the other items have an "add to cart' next to them except SKY HIGH! MATTY!