Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Sky-High & Sky Sled Discussion Thread

Parts re-use in this line?!?! When did this start?

By the way, Scott said these sold very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongdar, Master of Acom View Post
    If the Battle Ram was made, would people rather buy just the back half or buy a full Battle Ram with another Sky Sled on it?
    Full Battle Ram
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Strongdar, Master of Acom View Post
    If the Battle Ram was made, would people rather buy just the back half or buy a full Battle Ram with another Sky Sled on it?
    If they can't produce a full one, and they managed to sneak out the front, it should only be the back to keep cost down - don't need another front - maybe sneak an accessory or figure in with it again.

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't been on the forum much lately. I finally got around to opening my Sky High and Jet Sled. Awesome figures.

My Sky High has two left feet. I don't mean he's a bad dancer. I mean he really has two left feet. Has anyone else had this problem, or is this an isolated incident?

My Sky High arrived the other week, it inspired this little comic. It's silly, but fun, enjoy!

Did anyone else have the two small exhausts on the back glued on wonky? I managed to pry mine off and stick back on straight. There is a groove for it to slide on so the people in the factory must have really just jammed them on to et them to go wonky.

New display fun!

image.jpg
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I think my Sky High came with reversed shoulders! The right arm just doesn't feel right and has difficulty moving
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

My two packs arrived last week and I must say I'm superstoked with the sleds. These are vehicles I didn't get to have as a kid but always wanted to, because they were everywhere in the media (especially the Filmation cartoon). Their MotUC version is really big (in fact, I'd say it wouldn't have hurt had they made them some 10% smaller so that the figures would ride more "comfortably"), but at the same time they're relatively light since they're hollow inside (if you hold it with a male figure riding, it's quite noticeable the figure is heavier and denser). The best part about them is that, just like with the Wind Raider, Mattel surprisingly did not cut any corner in terms of detailing and paint apps. So this vehicle goes right up there with the Wind Raider to the top of Best Made MotUC items in my view. The worst part is the lack of a flying stand, though I understand they didn't include it to keep the price point for the pack at $50.

The black paint covering the yellow plastic of the back clip that holds the wings of one of my Sky Highs peeled off immediately (should I call this "reverse blastic"?). Fortunately, it isn't quite noticeable when the yellow wings are on (since this piece is molded in the same yellow plastic as the wings). But I'm bummed that Mattel Design dropped the ball again and decided to make this clip piece unremovable (it's fixed to the armor with what seems to be a kind of metallic rivet) when there's no reason whatsoever why it should be so and every reason for it to be removable (since this projecting piece is a cumbersome and useless eyesore when the wings aren't on, even without the paint peeling defect).

The paint app on the front of the armor of each of my Sky Highs were applied differently (on one of them the red paint covers the whole "head and wings" relief detail including the relief sides, while the other only covers the top part of the relief motif, and this difference creates a subtle but noticeably different visual effect). The helmet of one of them also didn't get the gloss finish. These and a few other tell-tale details (such as the notably different width of the sellotape used on the inner cardboard) tell me that each pack I got seems to belong to a different production batch (maybe from different working days or shifts, or from parallel paint and assembly lines). In a way, these little differences make each of my Sky High figures somewhat unique despite looking overall the same.

I hope to be able to grab at least one more pack when Matty makes the remaining stock available again, and would love it if Mattel released the Filmation blue-paint variant (since the one in this pack is actually molded in a teal or darkish green color) and the "evil" fanged variant (same green color we've got but with a new "snake" head sculpt).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    By the way, Scott said these sold very well.
    I hope that's a good sign for getting the other half eventually. Then again, they said the same thing about the Green Goddess selling well until, suddenly, she didn't, so I take anything like that with a grain of salt the size of Granamyr (the dragon, not the toy).

I'm still waiting on mine; I'm guessing Big Bad is having problems getting them in.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Well Skysled has finally arrived after 5 weeks (international post sux!)and its a piece of art!Attachment 89485
    I used an upside down wineglass for a stand

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    Well Skysled has finally arrived after 5 weeks (international post sux!)and its a piece of art!Attachment 89485
    Brilliant idea!
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    New display fun!

image.jpg
    Dude, that Joe display is awesome! Where did you get that Statue of Liberty head?

not sure if this is the right place to post this here but whats a reasonable price to pay for the sled on its own ? I've seen a guy asking for €40 locally for it and thats like $60 so not sure if its worth that. I want to get one as I hope the rest of the battle ram will make an appearance. and I love those sleds .

Quote Originally Posted by revelat10n View Post
    Dude, that Joe display is awesome! Where did you get that Statue of Liberty head?
    Thank you!!! It's a play-set from the first X-Men movie.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    not sure if this is the right place to post this here but whats a reasonable price to pay for the sled on its own ? I've seen a guy asking for €40 locally for it and thats like $60 so not sure if its worth that. I want to get one as I hope the rest of the battle ram will make an appearance. and I love those sleds .
    I'd pay that much for it.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    I got Adam driving my SS as well