Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky-High & Sky Sled Discussion Thread

Pilot figures like this are unlikely to come package with extra heads or many accessories so they should come packaged with a mini-comic to firmly establish them in the MOTU universe!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    THis is the kind of character they should have for the club exclusive...
    Agreed. That would be more appealing that simply repaints of He-Man.
    Who has the Power?

The way the custom of the Talon Fighter pilot is done, he looks like just one of the Palace guards, but a pilot version.

I wouldn't mind picking up a few of those at all. It's great to hear TG say there are plans for these type of figures.

I remember someone in the fan art section even making a character from one of the arms seen on the Grayskull dungeon sticker. I wouldn't mind seeing all of this come to life.

To those who are worried about main characters not coming...all the A listers can't all be given to us up front. They have to be spaced out. I personally have no issue with getting a few obscure characters every now and again.

P.S. I am seriously anxious about getting Frosta, Fisto and Ninjor for myself, so this is coming from someone who is waiting on some of their favorites too. It will all come in time.
    Last edited by davidlogan; June 19, 2011 at 05:15pm.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/JinsDangerousToys/AirRo_Strip.jpg
    That is AWESOME!!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

That is a very nice custom from Jin, just a lot of things that don't make sense to me.

1. If you are pilot flying a vehicle, why would you need wings? Kind of like Superman flying a helicopter.

2. If you are flying a vehicle that shoots blaster shots, why would you have an axe and sword? Can you attack someone with those flying at super fast speeds? A gun would make more sense.

3. What is the meaning behind his name, and does he have a bio?

Like I said before, he makes really good customs, but I believe his custom characters are more about him making money, and he is not really putting any effort into giving this character an actual life and meaning behind his name. I am not in this for money, I am just trying to give these characters who never had any background story or name a place in the MOTU mythos. I love this property too much.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    That is a very nice custom from Jin, just a lot of things that don't make sense to me.
    What's so nice about it? It's just a kitbash with a new paint job and a new head... It's very very basic converting stuff, nothing special at all...

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Is there a way where we can see ALL of the box-art only characters?
    Does Galactus fart?

As always I'm a yes man.

I figured I would bump this thread, knowing The Four Horsemen are working on 2 poster characters. I really hope one of them is The Wind Raider Pilot (Sky-High)!

1. If you are pilot flying a vehicle, why would you need wings? Kind of like Superman flying a helicopter.

2. If you are flying a vehicle that shoots blaster shots, why would you have an axe and sword? Can you attack someone with those flying at super fast speeds? A gun would make more sense.

3. What is the meaning behind his name, and does he have a bio?

Like I said before, he makes really good customs, but I believe his custom characters are more about him making money, and he is not really putting any effort into giving this character an actual life and meaning behind his name. I am not in this for money, I am just trying to give these characters who never had any background story or name a place in the MOTU mythos. I love this property too much.
    Honestley i like the custom and it makes a lot sense if you ask me.

True when he is piloting the Windraider he doesnīt need wings or weapons but what happens when his vehicle is hit?

He could use those wings to escape and glide safely to the ground and once there he uses the sword and the axe to fight along the others.

He is more than just a pilot he is a warrior too.

The name is simply a typical Masters -RO type of name, i think itīs fun

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Yeah!
    He should come with a WindRaider as his accessory!

If he came with the wind raider, fine but I don't think I would get him as a monthly figure. If he was the sub exclusive, I wouldn't bother either.

I really think he will be shown, along with The Wind Raider too!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I really think he will be shown, along with The Wind Raider too!
    Me too! I wonder what they will call him? Hopefully not one of my joke names from earlier in this thread.

He would really be an extra incentive to buy a Wind Raider...especially if he's a free bonus that doesn't bump the price point up.

By the way, joseephus, your avatar freaks me out and scares me! Luckily an enormous giant couldn't sneak up on me like Jason could.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I like the name "Sky High", but "Air-Ro" is pretty good, too.

Is there a consensus on whether or not fans like this guy to be an army builder or his own specific personality?

Hmmm.... maybe I should start another bio contest for him....
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Is there a consensus on whether or not fans like this guy to be an army builder or his own specific personality?
    I like him being his own character, but you do bring up an interesting point. This could be the Royal Guards' pilot gear. Octavia's Horde Troopers are different (aquatic themed), so I guess it would make sense that the Royal Guard look different depending upon rank, job and skill.

- Regular Guards (which we have).
    - Pilots (all air vehicles)
    - Tankers or whatever you want to call them (drive land vehicles)
    - Aqua-dogs (drive water-based vehicles)
    - Elite Guard (guard INSIDE the palace and guard dangerous criminals) ***these ones exist in the MVC comic. I think they look awesome!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar

personally, i'd like that he and the other pilots were specific characters, mainly 'cos i also prefer thinking that every vehicle is one of a kind and not
    part of a fleet.

I like the name "Sky High", but "Air-Ro" is pretty good, too.

Hmmm.... maybe I should start another bio contest for him....
    I think I like my bio I made for him. Plus it gives him an actual reason for his name, like other MOTU characters. It describes something about him or a description of him. I don't like Air-Ro because what does it describe about him. Does he look like an arrow, does an arrow describe his flying abilities? He was trying to do a word play like "He-Ro", but that is a description of being a "hero", so that makes sense. "Air-Ro" has no meaning. I don't know if you read my bio, but I think it works great for him.

I think I like my bio I made for him. Plus it gives him an actual reason for his name, like other MOTU characters. It describes something about him or a description of him. I don't like Air-Ro because what does it describe about him. Does he look like an arrow, does an arrow describe his flying abilities? He was trying to do a word play like "He-Ro", but that is a description of being a "hero", so that makes sense. "Air-Ro" has no meaning. I don't know if you read my bio, but I think it works great for him.
    I prefer Sky-High to Air-Ro, but see how the name might make sense for flying abilities:

- flies straight as an arrow
    - he or his vehicle is arrow dynamic

...that's all I've got.

I like the name Air-Ro more than Sky High, but it might be confusing with the MOTUC characters Ro and Arrow (Bow's horse). Of course who knows what name this guy will have, or if he'll be a character or an army builder. I'm eager to see how the Horsemen adapt that head.

C'mon, we all know Mattel will call him FLYOR

Joking aside, I seriously want this figure, either on his own or with the Wind Raider. I never even knew this character existed until I saw this thread. It's the possibility of getting super obscure characters in this line that makes it particularly interesting for me, and that's what MOTUC is all about - not only giving us the ultimate versions of our favourite heroes and villains, but also covering everything in the entire mythos to bring together one big, happy family. This is Mattel's way of making things right, by undoing past mistakes and omissions.

I'm looking forward to getting Ram Man and the Sorceress as much as anyone else, but the real delight is in seeing designs come to life that haven't been done before. One of the biggest frustrations for me as a kid was seeing so many cool characters in the comics, books, cartoons and box/poster art never appear in figure form. Bring them all on!

And I don't really understand people who claim to want guys like this, but not until much later, after all the famous ones have been released - you fully know leaving all obscure ones to the end would kill the line, which is exactly why Toyguru has often said they're spacing the heavy hitters out...

How about AIR-OR?

They could reverse his shoulders and give him a shattering pelvis. Double meaning!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I like the name Air-Ro more than Sky High, but it might be confusing with the MOTUC characters Ro and Arrow (Bow's horse). Of course who knows what name this guy will have, or if he'll be a character or an army builder. I'm eager to see how the Horsemen adapt that head.
    I will tell you why I don't like Air-Ro. Masters of the Universe has always been about names matching their abilities, appearance, or what they are. Here are examples.

Stratos....Flies into the "stratosphere"
    Mekaneck......Has a "mechanical neck"
    Moss Man..........Looks like a "moss" covered man
    Faker............A "Fake" of He-man
    He-Ro............Basically a play on "hero" just like He-man is a strong heman
    Sky-High......Can manuever through the skies and incredible heights
    Air-Ro.......Looks like an arrow? Flies like an arrow? Has the strength of an arrow? I don't get it?

Jin Satome was just trying clever word play like He-Ro when naming his character, but it has not logic in the world of MOTU. He didn't even give him a bio. Don't mean to rant, but I try to put heart and life into my characters.

Oh my...I figured out why Air-Ro (besides Bow's horse), sounded familiar to me.

That's how Scooby Doo says hello!