Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 934

Thread: Sky-High & Sky Sled Discussion Thread

  1. #201
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,364
    You know...with the blue, red, and black, Sky High looks like he might make a nice army builder for Skeletor. I'm thinking I may get 4 or 5 of these guys after all.

  2. #202
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,565
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    This is what I don't get about Trademarks.....

    50 things can be called the same name, as totally unrelated products, yet 50 other things can't have the same name....as totally unrelated products....

    Makes no sense to me....how 5 products can have the same name, yet 5 others can't.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  3. #203
    Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,082
    If this turns out to be the "Fan Requested Army Builder" for the 2013 sub I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh.

  4. #204
    Heroic Warrior FutureRetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Herndon, VA
    Posts
    327
    Are we to assume that Sky High comes with a Horde Emblem as well? Is he technically part of the Fighting Foe Men? A horde emblem on his chest might look pretty cool.

  5. #205
    Heroic Warrior Carlaird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    140
    Does anyone have the FULL poster or know what to search under to find it??

    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I don't know if ToyGuru ever mentioned if he is possible to be made, but I have always wanted a figure of the Windraider Pilot from the classic 80's poster. I made a quick mockup figure for him, and a bio to give the character some life. So post here to show your support for him.


    Sky-High

    This "Unknown Pilot" made his first appearance during the Great Unrest. During the battle, Tri-Klops was ready to attack Man-at-arms from behind, but Sky-High came swooping in on his Air Stryker vehicle and took out Tri-Klops with a blaster shot to save the day. To show his gratitude for saving his life, Duncan upgraded the heroic pilots Air Stryker vehicle with new weapons and it is now known as The Wind Raider. Duncan also gave the unknown pilot the nickname Sky-High, for his ability to manuever through the skies at incredible speeds and heights with ease. He now serves the Eternian Royal guard as the greatest pilot in Eternias history, and waits to aid the Masters of the Universe at any time he is needed.

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1280963485

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1280963485
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

  6. #206
    CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    1,821
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post
    Are we to assume that Sky High comes with a Horde Emblem as well? Is he technically part of the Fighting Foe Men? A horde emblem on his chest might look pretty cool.
    I wondered that as well, or if the emblem is removable. However the bio written has him set as a Heroic Warrior, so maybe no on both counts.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

    Also...get her into the line!

    Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

  7. #207
    Heroic Warrior Jeevesosiris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, UK
    Posts
    1,596
    Just seen his bio - seems he isn't a FFM afterall, he is a daring pilot. I am sure pics are already up but I will transcribe it for you.

    SKY HIGH - Heroic Airship Adventurer
    Real Name: Darid

    A former palace guard serving under Tella, Darid was best known as an ace test pilot, working alongside Duncan to put his latest inventions to the test. Daring to push the limit on alomst any vehicle, Darid earned the nick name "Sky High" and helped Duncan's team to upgrade the Wind Raider and Jet Sled for faster acceleration and smoother landings. During the Second Ultimate Battleground, he led a squadron of Blaster Hawks into battle combatting the Horde Boa Jets and King Hssss' new Snake Strike Squad. As cocky as he is brave, Sky High defends Eternos from aerial attacks.
    The Lurkiest

    **Scott please make me a Staghorn**

  8. #208
    Heroic Hero Grayskull's Heir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    2,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I wondered that as well, or if the emblem is removable. However the bio written has him set as a Heroic Warrior, so maybe no on both counts.
    I was hoping the same thing and would have loved to make him a Horde army builder character, but judging from this pic here from the fwoosh, it does not look like the emblem is removable. The front of the armor seems to be one solid piece with the emblem painted red:

    DSC_0119.jpg
    Awesome sticker included!

  9. #209
    Heroic Warrior Raziel443's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wigan,Uk
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    this is the internet, who's slogan is "If it's not perfectly the way I want it, it SUCKS!!!!"

    I am pretty open about my anger towards Scott's failings, but I will always readily admit and give him credit for the good stuff he's done too. This instance I put at 50/50, most of us wanted the sky sleds at the least (though I think a full battleram is more wanted) and many of us want several skysleds, I think a LOT of us are all concepted out at this point though. I'm not mad at this pack in, but it's inconvenient to have this instead of having army builder sleds, I guess if this set proves popular that door can open. anyway, I won't chalk this up to a failure for scott myself, I will just say it's a bit of a miscalculation, but possibly on the side of caution given that his bosses may be shy at doing a vehicle on it's own.
    Don't get me wrong if this is the only way they release the sky sled then I think it would be a serious mistake as its clear just from these boards that people want to get multiples of them. I'm just saying that like a lot of things that get people angry on here why don't we just wait to find out all the facts before losing it.

  10. #210
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    If this turns out to be the "Fan Requested Army Builder" for the 2013 sub I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh.
    He's already been confirmed as the 2013 holiday item several times. No worries.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I was hoping the same thing and would have loved to make him a Horde army builder character, but judging from this pic here from the fwoosh, it does not look like the emblem is removable. The front of the armor seems to be one solid piece with the emblem painted red:

    DSC_0119.jpg
    Since he's a heroic character, no Horde symbol needed.

  11. #211
    All Era-Warrior Barnster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Snake Mountain, Apartment 4-D
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    I'm just saying that like a lot of things that get people angry on here why don't we just wait to find out all the facts before losing it.
    Like krosfyah said, it's the internet. I keep screaming into a pillow so I do not turn mad because of the little girl behaviour that happened here the last 24h.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

  12. #212
    Heroic Warrior FutureRetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Herndon, VA
    Posts
    327
    Kind of a bummer he doesn't come with a Horde Emblem, but not a big deal. I think just having some customization options with him would soften the blow for the customers who are really just looking for the Sky Sled. I will buy at least two, but that black armor with the horde emblem could have been used for a lot of other characters!

    Overall, it was smart on Mattel's part to pack the two together. We all know if Sky High was packed alone he would be a difficult sell.

    Kinda surprised he wasn't passed off as a Gar. Seems every time we get a blue character, they end up being a gar, but this time its the suit.

  13. #213
    Heroic Warrior Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,305
    SKY-HIGH and the SKY SLED are AWESOME!!! I know some people are not happy at the thought of having multiple Sky-High figures, but I can't wait to get them! To me, the figure is the perfect army builder for the Eternian "Air Force", and "Sky-High" is just the nickname/call sign of one of the pilots, like "Maverick" in Top Gun.

  14. #214
    Heroic Warrior Raziel443's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wigan,Uk
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Like krosfyah said, it's the internet. I keep screaming into a pillow so I do not turn mad because of the little girl behaviour that happened here the last 24h.
    That's fair enough, I feel exactly the same sometimes reading these boards.

  15. #215
    Heroic Hero Grayskull's Heir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    2,628
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Since he's a heroic character, no Horde symbol needed.
    While I do understand the logic, I disagree with your conclusion. People would have been interested in a Horde symbol, so: Horde symbol needed
    Awesome sticker included!

  16. #216
    Heroic Warrior Nekk-ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    976
    I'll only be getting one of these. I don't mind Sky High, but he's not a figure I'd want multiples of.

    If there's a Q & A at Mattypalooza, perhaps someone should ask Scott about the possibility of getting the Sky/Jet Sled (perhaps in different decos) as a stand-alone in the future. After all, it's obviously tooled and ready to go, so releasing more would be a easy money-maker for Mattel. I'd easily buy 2-3 more if this was the case.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

  17. #217
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    housewares
    Posts
    3,077
    Looking at the way the sky sled is done, it looks like they could easily change the front "head" of the sled to make it different. My hope is that they will have a 2 pack of them (one good, one bad) later.

    Andrew

  18. #218
    N7 Horde Operative hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    7,447
    I think I'm doing to get two sets. I'll repaint and put Dawgotor's armor with a Horde Emblem on the extra one.

  19. #219
    Heroic Warrior FutureRetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Herndon, VA
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Looking at the way the sky sled is done, it looks like they could easily change the front "head" of the sled to make it different. My hope is that they will have a 2 pack of them (one good, one bad) later.

    Andrew
    It would be cool if they could change out the current eagle-like head for the snake-like head and tone the colors slightly darker (as seen in the filmation cartoon) for Skeletor's cronies.

  20. #220
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    While I do understand the logic, I disagree with your conclusion. People would have been interested in a Horde symbol, so: Horde symbol needed
    People are interested in not seeing Nepthu made....but you see how that worked out....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  21. #221
    Master of Physics VZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    It would have been cool if it came with a display base like the Wind Raider did.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

  22. #222
    Heroic Warrior snakeeyes0217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,576
    Love everything about this set; figure look, vehicle, and the concept of a pack like this...except...the handles on the Sled! Adding details is great but those are too much and change the profile of the vehicle. Too late to change????

    I wont be buying multiples because of the figure. My hope is that they will release the entire Battleram at a later date so I can get multiples.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  23. #223
    Heroic Warrior sirsniffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    1,273
    I think I am in the minority but I think the figure Sky High looks fantastic! I will definitely be purchasing multiples of this set. It may be expensive, but I think it will be worth it to invest and get such a bunch of sleds!

  24. #224
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    467
    Love the sled, no interest in the pilot

  25. #225
    Awesome Warrior Alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The big 'ol mitten
    Posts
    6,372
    http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/g...4133911-58.php

    Alright! Looks like those wings on his back are on a clip - I'll bet that's a double sided sword for him as well!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

    Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •