Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky-High & Sky Sled Discussion Thread

You know...with the blue, red, and black, Sky High looks like he might make a nice army builder for Skeletor. I'm thinking I may get 4 or 5 of these guys after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    This is what I don't get about Trademarks.....

50 things can be called the same name, as totally unrelated products, yet 50 other things can't have the same name....as totally unrelated products....

Makes no sense to me....how 5 products can have the same name, yet 5 others can't.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    If this turns out to be the "Fan Requested Army Builder" for the 2013 sub I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh.

Are we to assume that Sky High comes with a Horde Emblem as well? Is he technically part of the Fighting Foe Men? A horde emblem on his chest might look pretty cool.

Does anyone have the FULL poster or know what to search under to find it??

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I don't know if ToyGuru ever mentioned if he is possible to be made, but I have always wanted a figure of the Windraider Pilot from the classic 80's poster. I made a quick mockup figure for him, and a bio to give the character some life. So post here to show your support for him.

Sky-High

This "Unknown Pilot" made his first appearance during the Great Unrest. During the battle, Tri-Klops was ready to attack Man-at-arms from behind, but Sky-High came swooping in on his Air Stryker vehicle and took out Tri-Klops with a blaster shot to save the day. To show his gratitude for saving his life, Duncan upgraded the heroic pilots Air Stryker vehicle with new weapons and it is now known as The Wind Raider. Duncan also gave the unknown pilot the nickname Sky-High, for his ability to manuever through the skies at incredible speeds and heights with ease. He now serves the Eternian Royal guard as the greatest pilot in Eternias history, and waits to aid the Masters of the Universe at any time he is needed.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1280963485

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1280963485
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureRetro View Post
    Are we to assume that Sky High comes with a Horde Emblem as well? Is he technically part of the Fighting Foe Men? A horde emblem on his chest might look pretty cool.
    I wondered that as well, or if the emblem is removable. However the bio written has him set as a Heroic Warrior, so maybe no on both counts.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Just seen his bio - seems he isn't a FFM afterall, he is a daring pilot. I am sure pics are already up but I will transcribe it for you.

SKY HIGH - Heroic Airship Adventurer

A former palace guard serving under Tella, Darid was best known as an ace test pilot, working alongside Duncan to put his latest inventions to the test. Daring to push the limit on alomst any vehicle, Darid earned the nick name "Sky High" and helped Duncan's team to upgrade the Wind Raider and Jet Sled for faster acceleration and smoother landings. During the Second Ultimate Battleground, he led a squadron of Blaster Hawks into battle combatting the Horde Boa Jets and King Hssss' new Snake Strike Squad. As cocky as he is brave, Sky High defends Eternos from aerial attacks.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I wondered that as well, or if the emblem is removable. However the bio written has him set as a Heroic Warrior, so maybe no on both counts.
    I was hoping the same thing and would have loved to make him a Horde army builder character, but judging from this pic here from the fwoosh, it does not look like the emblem is removable. The front of the armor seems to be one solid piece with the emblem painted red:

DSC_0119.jpg
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    this is the internet, who's slogan is "If it's not perfectly the way I want it, it SUCKS!!!!"

I am pretty open about my anger towards Scott's failings, but I will always readily admit and give him credit for the good stuff he's done too. This instance I put at 50/50, most of us wanted the sky sleds at the least (though I think a full battleram is more wanted) and many of us want several skysleds, I think a LOT of us are all concepted out at this point though. I'm not mad at this pack in, but it's inconvenient to have this instead of having army builder sleds, I guess if this set proves popular that door can open. anyway, I won't chalk this up to a failure for scott myself, I will just say it's a bit of a miscalculation, but possibly on the side of caution given that his bosses may be shy at doing a vehicle on it's own.
    Don't get me wrong if this is the only way they release the sky sled then I think it would be a serious mistake as its clear just from these boards that people want to get multiples of them. I'm just saying that like a lot of things that get people angry on here why don't we just wait to find out all the facts before losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    If this turns out to be the "Fan Requested Army Builder" for the 2013 sub I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh.
    He's already been confirmed as the 2013 holiday item several times. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I was hoping the same thing and would have loved to make him a Horde army builder character, but judging from this pic here from the fwoosh, it does not look like the emblem is removable. The front of the armor seems to be one solid piece with the emblem painted red:

DSC_0119.jpg
    Since he's a heroic character, no Horde symbol needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    I'm just saying that like a lot of things that get people angry on here why don't we just wait to find out all the facts before losing it.
    Like krosfyah said, it's the internet. I keep screaming into a pillow so I do not turn mad because of the little girl behaviour that happened here the last 24h.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Kind of a bummer he doesn't come with a Horde Emblem, but not a big deal. I think just having some customization options with him would soften the blow for the customers who are really just looking for the Sky Sled. I will buy at least two, but that black armor with the horde emblem could have been used for a lot of other characters!

Overall, it was smart on Mattel's part to pack the two together. We all know if Sky High was packed alone he would be a difficult sell.

Kinda surprised he wasn't passed off as a Gar. Seems every time we get a blue character, they end up being a gar, but this time its the suit.

SKY-HIGH and the SKY SLED are AWESOME!!! I know some people are not happy at the thought of having multiple Sky-High figures, but I can't wait to get them! To me, the figure is the perfect army builder for the Eternian "Air Force", and "Sky-High" is just the nickname/call sign of one of the pilots, like "Maverick" in Top Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Like krosfyah said, it's the internet. I keep screaming into a pillow so I do not turn mad because of the little girl behaviour that happened here the last 24h.
    That's fair enough, I feel exactly the same sometimes reading these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Since he's a heroic character, no Horde symbol needed.
    While I do understand the logic, I disagree with your conclusion. People would have been interested in a Horde symbol, so: Horde symbol needed
    Awesome sticker included!

I'll only be getting one of these. I don't mind Sky High, but he's not a figure I'd want multiples of.

If there's a Q & A at Mattypalooza, perhaps someone should ask Scott about the possibility of getting the Sky/Jet Sled (perhaps in different decos) as a stand-alone in the future. After all, it's obviously tooled and ready to go, so releasing more would be a easy money-maker for Mattel. I'd easily buy 2-3 more if this was the case.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Heroic Warrior
    Looking at the way the sky sled is done, it looks like they could easily change the front "head" of the sled to make it different. My hope is that they will have a 2 pack of them (one good, one bad) later.

Andrew

I think I'm doing to get two sets. I'll repaint and put Dawgotor's armor with a Horde Emblem on the extra one.

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Looking at the way the sky sled is done, it looks like they could easily change the front "head" of the sled to make it different. My hope is that they will have a 2 pack of them (one good, one bad) later.

Andrew
    It would be cool if they could change out the current eagle-like head for the snake-like head and tone the colors slightly darker (as seen in the filmation cartoon) for Skeletor's cronies.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    While I do understand the logic, I disagree with your conclusion. People would have been interested in a Horde symbol, so: Horde symbol needed
    People are interested in not seeing Nepthu made....but you see how that worked out....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It would have been cool if it came with a display base like the Wind Raider did.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Love everything about this set; figure look, vehicle, and the concept of a pack like this...except...the handles on the Sled! Adding details is great but those are too much and change the profile of the vehicle. Too late to change????

I wont be buying multiples because of the figure. My hope is that they will release the entire Battleram at a later date so I can get multiples.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I think I am in the minority but I think the figure Sky High looks fantastic! I will definitely be purchasing multiples of this set. It may be expensive, but I think it will be worth it to invest and get such a bunch of sleds!

Heroic Warrior
    Love the sled, no interest in the pilot

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/g...4133911-58.php

Alright! Looks like those wings on his back are on a clip - I'll bet that's a double sided sword for him as well!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.