Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 200x King Hsss in MOTUC Speculation/Discussion Thread

200x King Hsss in MOTUC Speculation/Discussion Thread

After seeing the MOTUC release, a lot of people were upset there were no 200X elements, whilst others took it as hope that we get a full 200X MOTUC Hsss someday (as MGM pointed out, he was the only leader never to get a variant)

I was thinking of a way to include 200X Hsss, and thought what if the 200X look was his preternia look?

The reason behind the two could be like this:-

After being trapped in the Void by the Elders, King Hsss immediately started plotting for when he would escape. Knowing that the humans would now be ruling, he decided to shed his evil looking human form for a more heroic looking one, with which he could fool the people of Eternia, and therefore lead them into a false sense of security before revealing his true form!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    I've never seen so much contreversy over one figure before and I love it! I'm all for the fight to get a better snake form and a 200x Hiss/Hssss because he's one of my favorite characters and he deserves justice!
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenpeace2012 View Post
    I've never seen so much contreversy over one figure before and I love it! I'm all for the fight to get a better snake form and a 200x Hiss/Hssss because he's one of my favorite characters and he deserves justice!
    Yeah, I'm not trying to knock the classic Hsss, but I would like to see a 200X version, and I think he got jipped on variants, even Hoove got one!
    Tweet Me!

They could include that he went on a diet whilst in the void and thats why his classic snake form is thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    They could include that he went on a diet whilst in the void and thats why his classic snake form is thinner.
    No people to eat in the void, his only hope would have been to become a cannibal!
    Tweet Me!

200X could also be his "royal" outfit, whereas his vintage look is what he wears when he wants to fool humans.

Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    200X could also be his "royal" outfit, whereas his vintage look is what he wears when he wants to fool humans.
    That's a good idea. In fact, his disguise would only work with each human once anyway! "Aren't you the guy that turned into a snake and ate my brother?"
    Tweet Me!

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Hmm...i like the idea of characters changing (a little) their appearence now and then, its a bit like superheroes changing costumes
    Love the classic Hiss (ok, Hsss...) and the 200x is not that bad (at least as drawn in the comics: same design but much less comical/ugly face). Only thing i really cant stand in his 200x self is...sandals!
    Meh, he looks like an hippie.
    Let's say hs vintage appearence is the one he uses the most when he interacts with Eternians ( all of them, not only humans), whyle the 200x style is a kind of "cerimonial dress". Just two things, please: keep the face of the vintage motuc version, its cool and oozes evil (let's avoid turning him into an Asterix villain with the super deformed myp look) and please, please, dont even think of giving him bloody sandals!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    What I find funny is that I remember back in the 200X days a lot of people were complaining and whining about how the 200X King Hiss doesn't look like the vintage and now we are having to endure the opposite.

It never ends....
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldor/Skeletor73 View Post
    Hmm...i like the idea of characters changing (a little) their appearence now and then, its a bit like superheroes changing costumes
    Love the classic Hiss (ok, Hsss...) and the 200x is not that bad (at least as drawn in the comics: same design but much less comical/ugly face). Only thing i really cant stand in his 200x self is...sandals!
    Meh, he looks like an hippie.
    Let's say hs vintage appearence is the one he uses the most when he interacts with Eternians ( all of them, not only humans), whyle the 200x style is a kind of "cerimonial dress". Just two things, please: keep the face of the vintage motuc version, its cool and oozes evil (let's avoid turning him into an Asterix villain with the super deformed myp look) and please, please, dont even think of giving him bloody sandals!
    ROFLMAO!!!! Mattel needs to give women characters sandals, not men...King Hsss is a foot fetish gone all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    What I find funny is that I remember back in the 200X days a lot of people were complaining and whining about how the 200X King Hiss doesn't look like the vintage and now we are having to endure the opposite.

It never ends....
    You should tell Toyguru or Mattel PR this...someone at Mattel doesn't think 200X Hsss looks much different from the original Hsss.

To some fans, 200X King Hsss IS King Hsss. This character never appeared in Filmation, so the only version of the character might as well be the MYP version.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 6, 2010 at 07:46pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post

It never ends....
    eh, same thing happened with the Moss Man debacle....and virtually everything else.

Same thing also happened when everyone insisted they wanted the Goddess...and it took forever to sell out.

Welcome to dealing with the Masters community
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    could have it that he sheds his skin every so often becoming different each time thus giving us 200x and a way to get a few generic snakemen
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I really want King Hiss in full snake form as a large scale beast. It's the only way to do justice to it. Getting a decent snake form to transform into a human body is like getting tooth paste back into the tube and can't be done with one fig.

Personally I don't think King Hiss' different human skins need a complex explanation.

Simply put one of his powers is an ability to camouflage his outer skin to disguise himself. In this way he can choose to look like
    - a wimpy heroic-looking human like the vintage cardback art, or
    - a maniacal human like the vintage mini-comic, or
    - a pallid weakling like the vintage toy, or
    - an desert Emperor warlord like 200x version, or
    - a bald warrior like the Preternia MVC comics.

At any rate, a 200x version of King Hiss is definitely needed - especially if it is our only chance to have the 4H go back to the drawing board and fix the failed snake-body displayed at SDCC.

Gah! That snake-body is such a disappointment.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Personally I don't think King Hiss' different human skins need a complex explanation.

Simply put one of his powers is an ability to camouflage his outer skin to disguise himself. In this way he can choose to look like
    - a wimpy heroic-looking human like the vintage cardback art, or
    - a maniacal human like the vintage mini-comic, or
    - a pallid weakling like the vintage toy, or
    - an desert Emperor warlord like 200x version, or
    - a bald warrior like the Preternia MVC comics.
    Not a bad idea, except for the "bald warrior". I for one would not care about a "tibetan monk" King Hsss.
    What is this "preeternia" mvc comic? Never heard of rhat before. Any shots?

How about this: the 200X version comes from an alternate universe where everything is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor/Skeletor73 View Post
    Not a bad idea, except for the "bald warrior". I for one would not care about a "tibetan monk" King Hsss.
    What is this "preeternia" mvc comic? Never heard of rhat before. Any shots?
    Its the version of Hssss featured on page 9 of MVC Masters of the Universe # 5, volume 3.

I think someone posted a pic in another thread, which I will try to find.

On closer examination of that comic, I think this look is Hsss without his 200x helmet. I called it Preternia look cos that was when it was set, with Faceless One bargaining with Hssss for the return of baby Evil Lyn.

Edit: here is the pic I was thinking about. Thanks to Darkspecter who originally posted this link in another thread.
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; August 7, 2010 at 04:28am.

Heroic Warrior
    Really... having a Hsss variant would be OK, I guess. But I truly don't understand why people already gave up the fight while Mattel has many months to improve the MOTUC snake form of Hsss.

I'll tell you what, folks : if Mattel doesn't improve Hsss snake/hydra part NOW (with 8 months ahead of them), please don't believe that they'll improve it for a variant later on !

Once again, it's just Mattel's "bulheadedness" and them denying us to get an improved Hsss snake part.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    How about this: the 200X version comes from an alternate universe where everything is lame.
    Lame, huh? At least Hsss was his own man in 200X. In the 80's, he was so lame he had to be a Skeletor flunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Really... having a Hsss variant would be OK, I guess. But I truly don't understand why people already gave up the fight while Mattel has many months to improve the MOTUC snake form of Hsss.
    I'll tell you why. We've been there before. Keldor's swords, 200X He-Man, She-Ra. The fans lean on Mattel super hard for a change and they don't budge. Might as well try for something that we can get, versus trying to change a hopeless situation.

I'll tell you what, folks : if Mattel doesn't improve Hsss snake/hydra part NOW (with 8 months ahead of them), please don't believe that they'll improve it for a variant later on !
    It's "too late" to change it now. That won't happen, but a variant with the change that we want could possibly happen. Mattel is more willing to do a variant King Hsss with a better snake form than to change the upcoming King Hsss.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 7, 2010 at 04:18am.

How about this. It could be used to explain any of the repaints, costume changes etc

"As beiber fever left Eternia and people went Gaga mad they felt the need to change costume often without explanation."

To be honest I don't think they need to explain it. The bios have already got beyond strange in places. If they have to explain every detail it will just get into stupid territory.

The reason my friend is that it's obvious Mattel have chosen not to change King Hiss' inadequate snake body - despite the howls of protest. They could change, but don't want to.

We have seen Mattel have been prepared to make some post-SDCC fixes:
    - Palace Guards boots
    - paint BA Skeletor's feet purple (and give his boots nail polish )
    - Roboto's weapons interchangable with Trap Jaw

But the silence on the snake-body-of-ridicule says it all.

Once again, it's just Mattel's "bulheadedness" and them denying us to get an improved Hsss snake part.
    The thing is, some fans are perfectly happy with the King Hiss figure as it is. I wouldn't want to deny them that.

So, as long the rest of us eventually get a 200X Hiss variant with an alternate snake form that can be swapped with the current one, I can live with the existing King Hiss figure.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    LOL. nice. at least this thread got me to laugh a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    The thing is, some fans are perfectly happy with the King Hiss figure as it is. I wouldn't want to deny them that.

So, as long the rest of us eventually get a 200X Hiss variant with an alternate snake form that can be swapped with the current one, I can live with the existing King Hiss figure.
    This is the mission statement right here. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Lame, huh? At least Hsss was his own man in 200X. In the 80's, he was so lame he had to be a Skeletor flunky..
    I was speaking strictly about his visual design.