Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 200x King Hsss in MOTUC Speculation/Discussion Thread

You seem to have the opposite opinion to many on here who loved the human form but didn't like the snake body.
    Looking like a normal, heroic guy is what I always liked about Hiss. I would have prefered he look even more heroic without the snake eyes on his human form.
    I wouldn't buy a 200X Hsss but alot of people have shown an interest in one. Not sure if it's enough people for it to be worth making though.

I'm convinced that 200X Hssss is coming because TG has mentioned him a few times when talking about variants, and also because I believe that Carnivus's loincloth IS 200X Hssss's, just reused... Or well, used first for Carnivus.

It would be cool to have him be the Preternian Hssss. He should come with the Pharoah headdress, and a bald head as seen in volume 3, issue 5 of the MVC comic.
    Last edited by bcrduke; July 3, 2011 at 05:36pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Yep. Use the MOTUC Index to find any character topics! It's stickied atop this forum and it has it's own thread.

The MOTUC Index

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

200X King Hsss is my most wanted variant! What I love about him in the MYP series is that he was so much more than a gimmicky figure. His first appearance in Snake Pit was like something out of Eastern Indian Mythology. There's something primal about his revamped design that I really like. I hope he gets made with Corrected Shoulders and more snakes to the snake torso.

I will pass on him...i already have a king hssd

I'd love a 200x King Hiss. I loved his design, loved the character but did not like the toy very much. A proper 200x King Hiss with all kinds of freaky snakes coming out would be just what the doctor ordered.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I love 200x King Hsss
    Lord Hordak

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Typically, I am a huge fan of the 200x redesigns and would love to see more elements in classics. With hiss, though, I prefer the vintage design.

I would still buy a 200x version, though. It would be interesting to see how the 4h adapt him to the classics buck.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    I will pass on him...i already have a king hssd
    I want one because the first was messed up. I would be happy with a new head, new snakeform and fixed shoulders. Maybe some snakemen artifacts instead of the staff and shield.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I would love him. I think I've mentioned it before, but I think you could call him "Emperor Hsss" or something. I think he and 200X Sorceress (which I'd like to call "Ascended Sorceress" would make a good 2-pack, since their destines are linked.

At some point Hsss could rise to power, and Sorceress (who has ascended after her mortal death to a cosmic being) comes back and takes him out. It's total fanboy wishing, but it'd be epic and cool. And I want Sorceress to give Hsss what's coming to him.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    absolutely love the classic hsss.
    but yes i would love a myp style king hsss variant with a myp snake version too. he could have a serpos amulet accessory. new bio would be awesome

Heroic Warrior
    200x KIng Hsss All the way!!!!!!!!! Far superior in design to the vintage version. IMO

King Hsss is one of my favorite motu characters. 200x King Hsss is one of my top five most wanted figures.

I love his vintage design, but it pales in comparison to his 200x design. The Egyptian motif suits him. It gives him an air of antiquity and makes him look regal.

It also gives Mattel an opportunity to fix the shoulders, and to sculpt a new part or two (shin guards, arm guards, and hands) that can be reused on some snakemen later in the line.

The biggest thing it does though, is it lets Mattel resculpt that utterly pathetic snake torso Eric Treadway gave us. He created a disappointing failure in every regard with the snake torso. In a line where Buzz-Off and Clawful get their lipstick wearing vampire and muppet heads that are 100% recreations of the vintage toy, at the very least we should have gotten a 100% faithful vintage motuc recreation of King Hsss. But Hsss didn't even get that (no snake around the neck).

At this point a 200x variant with the ability for vintage Hsss fans to stick the classic head on a 200x body is the best bet for every King Hsss fan.

I really want a 200x King Hsss. I just hope Mattel and the Four Horsemen can get it right a second time and make it up to us after the poorly designed and QC plagued motuc King Hsss we have now. He's too important a character to the mythos and his fans deserve better than what we got in my opinion.

I'd also like an actual 200x snake torso and not the Earl Norem snakes for a 200x variant. But the Earl Norem snakes would be light years better than the current wimpy thing we have now.

And by all that's holy, don't put any dials on 200x King Hsss.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; July 4, 2011 at 11:08am.

Elder Councilman
    I'll be honest:

the King Hiss that was made--at least in my regard--is merely a placeholder until a MO2K version is released.

I wasn't that excited with the human form, I'm still not that excited with the human form; then of course they screwed up the shoulders, and the snake form looks weak.

So yes, give me an MO2K King Hiss!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

As there was quite a bit of dissatisfaction with the Snake form of King Hiss, they should make 200X Hsss snake form really cool. Then even people who don't want a 200X human form of Hsss will be more tempted to buy one for the snake torso.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm interested in a 200x Hssss, but ONLY IF he :

- has shoulders that are assembled properly

- has a crotch piece that allows him to move his legs correctly (unlike the Hssss we got so far)

Also, I wonder when we'll get a snake form for Hssss that will be more impressive, will have more snakes and will be more menacing. The bad joke of a snake torso we got so far doesn't please me, lacks snakes, lacks fangs that actually look lake fangs (not like squirrel or rabbits' teeth), and the bendable material is too fragile (the wires inside twist when you move the snakes, and could go right through the rubbery plastic)...

MegaGearMax wrote:
    The fans want 200X King Hssss to come with the Earl Norem snakes.

Thicker, more vicious looking open mouthed lesser snakes. Asymmetrical. And snakes with no wabbit teeth. Sort of like a hydra. The MOTUC Hssss snakes are modeled after the vintage figure's configuration, rather than taking advantage of the fact that the snakes no longer have to conform to fit inside of a human upper torso.
    I saw this and felt I had to comment. I do not want a 200x King Hsss to come with the Earl Norem snakes.

I want a 200x King Hsss to come with the 200x snake form. The central head, and the four, thick snake arms.

That was a powerful looking and implosing figure. He's far more scary looking than Hordak and Skeletor. And Skeletor is my favorite motu character, period.

The MVC comics Vol 3 issue #4 200x King Hsss is what I want. I'm new to the forums as a poster here, can anybody post that image?

A 200x King Hsss should be a 200x King Hsss, and that includes the snake form. I like the Earl Norem version, and I'd happily take it over the piece of garbage we got, but it is not want I actually want for 200x King Hsss.

In order to truly execute the figure right, I again wonder if King Hsss shouldn't have been a $30 dollar figure in a "beast" slot. That might even be a chance to include extra accessories.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I want a 200x King Hsss to come with the 200x snake form. The central head, and the four, thick snake arms.

Hmmm....

[Honestly, I'd rather no more Snake Men at all...]

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Hmmm....
    [Honestly, I'd rather no more Snake Men at all...]
    Zodak as a written character in the MYP show was the worst character in the history of motu in my opinion. Horrible little Mary Sue.

Honestly, I want as many snakemen as possible. After Skeletor and He-Man's guys, they're my favorite faction. Followed very closely by the Horde.

Generic snakemen warriors are my most wanted set of army builders. I plan to buy at least six sets, with a few more depending on how they look.

So for me, bring on the snakes.

i'm really hoping that there is going to be at least 2 separate army builders for the generic snake men.
    i would very much like to see a myp king hsss variant also.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    King Hsss is definitely one of the few 200X variants I want as a MOTUC figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    King Hsss is definitely one of the few 200X variants I want as a MOTUC figure.
    Count me in, I definatly would buy one...

transparent shadow snakes would be cool for either 200x hssss or a batros figure in the future.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    the older king hiss reminds me of an old hero from the hotspur comics http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/k/kingcob.htm
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!