Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Barbie in MOTUC General Discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Would you collect Barbie/MOTU Tie-Ins?
    No. Never.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragar View Post
    Ken as Skeletor? Barbie as Sorceress? Todd and Stacie as He-Man and She-Ra? Cringer kittens and Grayskull Penthouse? Whatever the permutations of a 'Barbie' tie in, would all MOTU fans be up for adding these to their collection?
    No, I won't have anything Barbie related in my man cave...

Heroic Warrior
    Only if Mattel's 1:6 began to rival Hot Toys quality. Anything other than that is an easy no.

I'm really surprised this hasn't been done already.

only premium format barbies to match Catwoman and Batgirl.. Don't see that happening tho

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    No thanks. My wife likes Barbie and I like He-Man, but neither of us would buy one.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd just like to say that I'd totally buy a Barbie as She-Ra, I'm surprised that Mattel didn't do it back in the 80's and I'm surprised they haven't got around to it now. I don't particularly like Barbie or a lot of what the concept stands for but it just makes perfect sense, Mattel should have knocked on out years ago.

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    no no no no no

Yes yes yes

Whilst some folks are clearly against the idea of Barbie and MOTU crossing over, I think it's a great opportunity for the brand and its longevity.

For those that are against this idea, you're obviously NOT the target audience - so you are free to stick with what you know and love. There are however consumers that would go for this, and it would be foolish to not explore this. If you don't like or won't buy Barbie dolls, that's your prerogative, but don't limit the potential expansion and influence of the brand with such myopic thinking. I could see Sorceress, Teela, Evil-Lyn, She-Ra, Catra and Entrapta is a good start to this line - 3 good gals, 3 bad gals, 3 MOTU, 3 POP.

Think about Wonder Woman - she's had awesome exposure in the Barbie line, as well as the many DC lines.

And that's really what this is about -

EXPOSURE FOR THE BRAND/FRANCHISE.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

I think the crossover should go both ways:
    a Mini Collector line of Barbie (and friends) as MOTU and POP characters.

Also a MOTUC Barbie and Ken would be cool... If handled in a way to appeal more MOTU fans.

Let's say a two pack.

Barbie comes with an attire similar to the 200X Sorceress (With a second Barbie Head)
    Ken comes as a Grayskull Knight and his second head is normal Ken.
    Have their real names be a nod to the Normal Barbie and Ken. Canonically speaking she could be one of the many sorceresses in 5000 years.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    I think MOTU/POP characters in Barbie would be great, though I would not buy them. Please, however, no Barbie characters in MOTUC.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    A She-Ra Barbie done in the same style as the DC Barbies would look amazing!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still surprised that Mattel hasn't released "She-Ra as Barbie", even if it was as a SDCC exclusive or a similarly limited run exclusive.

Surely they could just use an existing body, head and hair, so the only investment would be in the clothes and the weapons. It doesn't seem as risky as something like the Mini Masters.

MOTU in Barbie, definitely! Barbie in MOTU? Not so much.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    I could see Sorceress, Teela, Evil-Lyn, She-Ra, Catra and Entrapta is a good start to this line - 3 good gals, 3 bad gals, 3 MOTU, 3 POP.
    I would love to see this. It would be new, different, and a lot of fun.

Isn't Barbie taller than He-Man?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    As I said previously in this thread, I'd totally buy a She-Ra Barbie. But that's probably the ONLY Barbie I'd ever buy. Ever.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I think a She-Ra Barbie would be good exposure for the brand as would any other cross over... but I wouldn't buy them myself. My girlfriend already has great fun teasing me about spending a fortune on toys let alone on Barbies.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I am surprised they have not done a Ken as He-Man and Barbie as She-Ra set. Seems like it would make a good SDCC exclusive. Not something I would be into but i am sure people would buy it. I prefer if they licensed out to Hot Toys and we got some awesome 12 inch figures.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

It looks like a lot of people are misunderstanding the topic. WHY would Barbie every appear in the MOTU line? That doesn't make sense. The idea is to bring MOTU characters to Barbie - as has been the tradition with many DC characters. It doesn't make sense that Mattel wouldn't use the Barbie brand to help expand the MOTU brand - that's what makes She-Ra so cool! She allows other markets to access MOTU.

The BEST way to extend the life of a product, brand or franchise is to expose it to as many target markets as possible. Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Batgirl help bring female markets into DC. She-Ra can do this for MOTU. She-Ra has the power to exist in male and female markets simultaneously, and be an awesome action figure or an awesome doll AT THE SAME TIME. What's great about this is the cross pollination - you can actually bring more doll collectors to the action figure line, and vice versa. There is a nice-sized contingent of collectors who collect BOTH.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.