Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbie in MOTUC General Discussion

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Hell NO!! No Freakin way!!

Why can't Barbie stay Barbie & MOTU stay MOTU?

No offence to Barbie collectors but Barbie has no place in MOTU & vice versa.

MOTU was a boy's toy line & barbie's a girl's line, no matter how metro you want to get, barbies a girl's toy!!

If this was to happen i would boycott & loss all interest in MOTU.

Next it will be can we get ghostbuster MOTUC , wrestling MOTUC , mmy little pony battlecat MOTUC , Monopoly man MOTUC , matchbox MOTUC , High School Musical Zac Efron MOTUC.
    Last edited by skelehorde; August 8, 2010 at 01:30am.
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Those saying Barbie is a girl toy... We already have (well ostensibly) a whole line of girl toys incorporated into MOTUC!

And remember, this would be good for promotion for MOTUC, since it's only a tiny glimmer compared to the popularity of Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Those saying Barbie is a girl toy... We already have (well ostensibly) a whole line of girl toys incorporated into MOTUC!

And remember, this would be good for promotion for MOTUC, since it's only a tiny glimmer compared to the popularity of Barbie.

Yeah but POP is still involved in the MOTU world, Adora's part of the Royal family.

How the hell does Barbie fit in with MOTU & how exactly would putting barbie in the MOTUC be good promotion?

MOTUC sells out in less time than any other toy line ever made!!

Sure bring he-man & others to barbie but DO NOT bring barbie to the MOTUC table!!

Barbie makes me sick & iimpressionable girls skinny!!
    Last edited by skelehorde; August 7, 2010 at 08:59pm.

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

I wouldn't mind seeing a "Barbie loves He-Man" doll. Pretty much like all the other "Barbie loves ...". They just dress her in an outfit that has logos or what have you all over the clothes and maybe have her come with a mini version of the character. Go check out the Toy Story ones right now. They'd done Hello Kitty and many others. They could even drop a Teela, Sorceress, and Evil Lyn dolls out there too. That would be fine but it would be as far as they hould go. They'd get a lot of mileage out of that, but Mattel doesn't seem to want to promote Masters too much for some odd reason anyway.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

1971 Live Action Barbie from the Mod era would fit right in...lol

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    She'd probably would be some kind of Eternian Princess--the Disney Princess-like, girly girl kind. Maybe someone that Adam knows or that He-Man has rescued.

Or she could be a Teela buck with a new head and pink armor and boots. Maybe another goddess in the Eternian pantheon. Or Etherian pantheon.

I'm not against it. Mattel is comfortable enough with the line to have celebrity figures such as Mo-Larr, so that's a good sign that the line is doing that well.

Unfortunately, some or most of the fans have such an anxiety over the line ending prematurely and not getting the characters that they want, so "guest stars" and "humorous figures" would be met with disdain.

Are the fans too uptight or is Mattel too carefree?

ROFLMAO!!!

I agree!!!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    1971 Live Action Barbie from the Mod era would fit right in...lol]

I was thinking Marvel Comic's Jungle Barbie.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Primal View Post
    This has already happened in the 80's and she's already in MOTUC as we speak. She's called She-Ra.
    True that.

Quote Originally Posted by skelehorde View Post
    Yeah but POP is still involved in the MOTU world, Adora's part of the Royal family.

How the hell does Barbie fit in with MOTU & how exactly would putting barbie in the MOTUC be good promotion?

MOTUC sells out in less time than any other toy line ever made!!

Sure bring he-man & others to barbie but DO NOT bring barbie to the MOTUC table!!

Barbie makes me sick & iimpressionable girls skinny!!
    True that as well.
    Last edited by RockinHard; August 7, 2010 at 10:13pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I remember reading about a planned Barbie as She-Ra doll waaay back but it was dropped for one reason or another.

Too bad though. Teresa would make a fine Catra!

Uhmm... I have 3 nieces! Yes, we'll go with that!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

It's so unfortunate that we can't have the Barbie discussion without She-Ra coming up. As an animated series, PoP stands up as well as MOTU. Yes, the toy line was aimed at girls, but that doesn't mean that the PoP girls are on a level with Barbie. That era has passed. PoP is on the same playing field as MOTU, NA, and 200x now, where they rightfully belong.

That field does not include Barbie, however.

Other than Faerietopia or whatever it's called, Barbie exists in a real world setting, not a sword and sorcery world.

Oh! Maybe Barbie was Marlena's secretary. Or doctor. or veterinarian. Or yoga instructor. Or nurse. Or big sister. Or whatever. Barbie's done it all.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I may buy a "Barbie the Barbarian" MOTUC figure, but it would depend upon how it looked and I wouldn't be buying it because it was "Barbie" but because it was a cool warrior chick and MOTUC needs more warrior chicks.

To be honest, She-Ra is my kind of idea of how "Barbie" would look in the MOTU world. Maybe they could give her armour similar to that designed for She-Ra to wear in the live-action movie (which was obviously never used) or they could give her one of She-Ra's "Fantastic Fashions" (preferably one of the more "warrior" looking ones).

As for a "Barbie as She-Ra" doll, that wouldn't be something I would purchase. I recently purchased by very first "Barbie" doll (being the Ken and Barbie two-pack from "Toy Story 3") to add to my "Toy Story" collection, but that was because they were such great characters in the film and I certainly don't plan on sitting around combing her hair (although She-Ra's battle-axe would make a great comb).

Cheers.

Barbie and Ken = She-Ra and Bow. I don't think there is any other figure they could turn Ken into. He-Man just wouldn't work. Heck, the original Bow even looked like a Ken doll!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Rather see a Barbie and the Rockers vs Jem crossover 80s style battle of the bands.

And anytime Barbie comes up, I get the Aqua song stuck in my head:

Wraaappped in plastic...it's fantastic!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Some points to discuss or think about:

* How would such a figure look?

* What would her biography be like?

* How would it be distributed (monthly, bonus, exclusive...)?

Let the speculation begin!
    I personally would love to see a Barbie/MOTU - crossover. As for the points to discuss or think:

- I'd like the figure to look like a barbie. I agree that female characters would look better in Barbie form than male characters of MOTU-verse, but I'd still like to see some of the men as Barbies aswell (King Randor, Adam and Bow first come to mind).

- I wouldn't mind them having the same biographies, though the barbie biographies could go a bit deeper in their social lives (like what it's like being a prince, queen or a king for instance).

- I'd be happy if we just got one exclusive, but if it was a line, I'd love to see 2-4 figures a year. Collector-item Barbies tend to be a bit more expensive, so I don't think a monthly line would do that well.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Songster Lives

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    And I thought that "Songster in MotUC" was the worst idea yet...

No offense, but some things just don't need to be done IMO.
    Now, Sir Reilly. Do not do drive by on me but . . .

'The Songster' would be something different, a young musician. MOUTC needs youth. I hope this line goes on for sometime, so I hope they create as many new characters as possible once the vintage, known classics are nearing completion.

However, I do agree Barbie and her friends should remain on Earth, not Eternia! The same goes for Bravestar.
    Last edited by Alexxandar; August 8, 2010 at 01:39am. Reason: Addition

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Man, I knew this thread would go this way. The fans can't take new MOTUC characters like Gygor, let alone "fun characters" such as Mo-Larr or Barbie.

Hell NO!! No Freakin way!!

Why can't Barbie stay Barbie & MOTU stay MOTU?

No offence to Barbie collectors but Barbie has no place in MOTU & vice versa.

MOTU was a boy's toy line & barbie's a girl's line, no matter how metro you want to get, barbies a girl's toy!!

If this was to happen i would boycott & loss all interest in MOTU.
    Isn't that a little extreme???

We are now 31 characters deep in the line and you'd quit over a new female character?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Primal View Post
    This has already happened in the 80's and she's already in MOTUC as we speak. She's called She-Ra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Barbie in MOTUC? Why? We already got PoP...
    The style guide POP characters are no more Barbie-like than Filmation Marlena or the Sorceress are.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 8, 2010 at 02:38am.

Man, I knew this thread would go this way. The fans can't take new MOTUC characters like Gygor, let alone "fun characters" such as Mo-Larr or Barbie.

We are now 31 characters deep in the line and you'd quit over a new female character?
    I am a huge fan of Gygor, Mo-larr , Vikor & any other proto/comic figure.

I also love the fact that POP, NA , 200X & vintage are all involved in MOTUC. i have nothing against & have nothing but support & excitement for new female MOTUC figures, as long as they originate from MOTU, POP , NA or 200X.

As for me being done with MOTUC, i have a sub this year & am not getting a sub for next year. I've lost a lot of interest in the line for a number of my own reasons.

As for Barbie, can anyone tell me what she has to do with MOTUC apart from being one of the many other toy lines made by Mattel??
    Last edited by skelehorde; August 8, 2010 at 04:59am.

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Barbie, oh lord, is pc getting the best of us. Wheres the razor for shaving? American Girls in Motuc, bullet please.

Stop with the crossovers!
    I'm fed up with all these ideas

The DCU 2-packs went already too far away (1 pack with superman was ok but that's all).

I don't understand why people could have an interest in such crossovers when there are so many interesting ideas to develop in the MOTU without adding something irrelevant to the line.

As I said before, the more crossovers there are, the more the MOTU lose its identity.

The only crossover I could imagine was with the Thundercats and even this one, I would prefer never seeing it and keeping the two lines way from each other despite the fact I love them both.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull View Post
    If there's a God in Heaven...this will never happen.
    I COULDN'T have said it any better.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

No, not really.

Are we still talking about Barbie? If so, then I would expect and understand
    such a reaction. Mattel can be 80 characters deep and I'm certain many
    will feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post

The DCU 2-packs went already too far away (1 pack with superman was ok but that's all).

I don't understand why people could have an interest in such crossovers when there are so many interesting ideas to develop in the MOTU without adding something irrelevant to the line.
    I don't see the interest either, especially in this particular crossover.
    Mo-Larr was enough and DCU is also tolerable, a Barbie crossover however
    is just taking things to the extreme.

As for Barbie, can anyone tell me what she has to do with MOTUC apart from being one of the many other toy lines made by Mattel??
    Nothing, which is why such a suggestion perplexes me. It actually makes
    me elated that these ones aren't running the line.
    Last edited by Azrael; August 8, 2010 at 06:05am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post

As I said before, the more crossovers there are, the more the MOTU lose its identity.

The only crossover I could imagine was with the Thundercats and even this one, I would prefer never seeing it and keeping the two lines way from each other despite the fact I love them both.
    +1
    :: Odrakir ::

My Feedback Thread

this has go to be the stupidest idea i've ever heard. and believe me.....i've heard some stupid ideas in my time. *sigh* only on the .org.

first POP and now this. i swear you guys won't be happy til they give every MOTU character a sex change operation and make them all female with pink clothes and little combs and brushes. why not just get into doll collecting?
    Last edited by Crawful; August 8, 2010 at 06:57am.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I personally would love to see a Barbie/MOTU - crossover. As for the points to discuss or think:

- I'd like the figure to look like a barbie. I agree that female characters would look better in Barbie form than male characters of MOTU-verse, but I'd still like to see some of the men as Barbies aswell (King Randor, Adam and Bow first come to mind).

- I wouldn't mind them having the same biographies, though the barbie biographies could go a bit deeper in their social lives (like what it's like being a prince, queen or a king for instance).

- I'd be happy if we just got one exclusive, but if it was a line, I'd love to see 2-4 figures a year. Collector-item Barbies tend to be a bit more expensive, so I don't think a monthly line would do that well.

Heidi
    Just a reminder once again that the thread is for discussing the character of Barbie as a Masters of the Universe Classics figure (and any of her supporting cast) NOT the creation of MOTU-themed Barbie figures. There's a difference, one topic belongs on the MOTUC forum and the other doesn't.

Please stay on topic.

I can't really see Mattel doing this since it wouldn't really work to their advantage imo. They put Barbie in different pop culture costumes in order to attract fans of that franchise(DC Comics, I Love Lucy, Addams Family, Grease) who didn't necessarily buy Barbie dolls. I doubt many Barbie fans that weren't already MOTU fans would want to buy an action figure just because it looked like Barbie. I would be curious as to how they would do it since, even though I've never bought a Barbie doll, she definitely is an important piece of Americana. I think Mattel's newest toyline for girls, Monster High, would fit into the MOTU universe better since, like most villains, they are monster related in various colors...

If they did do Barbie in MOTUC, you could have her & Skipper be the Eternian women who accompany Detective Lubic at the end of the 1987 Masters Of The Universe movie(if Mattel ever coughed up the money to secure the rights to that movie)...

Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; August 8, 2010 at 08:20am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!