Thread: My Zodak and He-Man fan art.

My Zodak and He-Man fan art.

This is a MOTU piece i recently finished. Hope you guys like it.

Last edited by Caedus; August 13, 2010 at 03:28pm. Reason: Replaced with a larger image

Looks great. I can't believe nobody has commented on this earlier.

I love how the red is so vibrant in this. It would be nice to see night-sky version, which would give it a whole different mood.

cool pic I really lijke the painting technique! I've been trying to get that kind of airbrushed look in photoshop but so far no luck
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Looks great. I can't believe nobody has commented on this earlier.

I love how the red is so vibrant in this. It would be nice to see night-sky version, which would give it a whole different mood.
    Thanks a lot man. Yeah i kinda like when the shades of red pop out more. When i started making this i intended to have a dark background, maybe not a night sky but something like a cave or cavern with some top lighting. but this is what i went with eventually. have some more MotU stuff planned with darker backgrounds lesse how they turn out.
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    cool pic I really lijke the painting technique! I've been trying to get that kind of airbrushed look in photoshop but so far no luck
    Im happy that you liked it. I get that look by using some custom smudge brushes.
    My Deviant Art Gallery

Open for Commissions.

If you take the best writer in the world, and the best artist in the world, the art they would make together, will be a comicbook.

The Zodak is my favourite subject in this piece, I really like the Zodak character (I like em both but the 2002 one I like more) I ned to get some more practice on PS, hell I need a tablet and stylus! lol.

don't let the low posts dissuade you from posting more, I've seen some fantastic art get one or two comments of praise while stuff that I think isn't great get pages of praise. go figure huh?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Very cool! I think Zodak looks really fantastic. I love the texturing you're using, especially on him. All around I'm a big fan. There is something about He-man's hair that bothers me. In my mind I'm trying to complete his skull and there's doesn't seem to be enough room for him to have a full skull, if that makes sense?

In any case, keep on creating! It looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    The Zodak is my favourite subject in this piece, I really like the Zodak character
    Thanks a lot, even im a big fan of the 200X zodak. I just started making a MotU villain piece today and after that i plan on making more stuff with Zodak in it. I like to use armor references from pictures of the MotUC line of figures (sadly i dont own any) as overall i like the classics series much more than the new one. Plus those figures have to quite an extent combined the best of both.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Very cool! I think Zodak looks really fantastic. I love the texturing you're using, especially on him. All around I'm a big fan. There is something about He-man's hair that bothers me. In my mind I'm trying to complete his skull and there's doesn't seem to be enough room for him to have a full skull, if that makes sense?

In any case, keep on creating! It looks great.
    Thanks. Yes the head most definitely has problems. I started painting and sketching about 2 years ago and still struggle with perspective and proportion. Now i take a more planned approach to paintings so things SHOULD look better. gotta keep at it.
    My Deviant Art Gallery

Open for Commissions.

If you take the best writer in the world, and the best artist in the world, the art they would make together, will be a comicbook.

I feel you on the proportion stuff. Still gives me problems, frankly. Great work though. Can't wait to see more.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    A rather fantastic piece. The style of the art, the painting style, always reminds me of the old school packaging art for the action figures.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I feel you on the proportion stuff. Still gives me problems, frankly.

Definitely a hard thing for me. That's a reason why I find ways to conceal certain areas of a character's body when I just cannot get something right. Then, there are the rare gems where I get everything fantastic. 50/50 chance each drawing I've done before. I just felt I needed to comment on this since I've had similar problems with artwork before.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

I love the rendering style and texture on this one!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com