Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snake Men repaints/v.2.0 speculation and discussion thread

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar

Snake Men repaints/v.2.0 speculation and discussion thread

So who wants the snake men to be redone in another pack?
    A lot of people have been talking about repaints, which I personally think is the best option. Something outside the sub. What colours would you like to see, if they did this? I'm thinking light green, blue, black.

Other people are talking about a different set altogether. ie: other MYP snakes. There are also MVC snakes, and vintage minicomics snakes.

What say you?

I really dig the Snake Men army builders, and wouldn't mind having even more. But the same colours would be too much. If they did another set, they have guaranteed sales from me.

First of all... NO BLACK PLASTIC!
    Then change the regular buck of the orange snake with the Clawful/Whiplash/Buzz-Off buck...
    And now with the color combinations:
    1) Kobra Khan green, Rattlor rusty red and Deep Purple :

2) Black 'N' White:

3) Fluo invasion, they'll destroys your retinas
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; September 25, 2012 at 06:21am.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'd like the other MYP Snake Men models.

Mattel should reuse parts, but add in some new elements (heads, weapons, armor and colors) so that this new pack stands out form the first.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Totally down with a repaint/re-use pack. I think a Green and Red set would be awesome, but I'm open for anything. The #3 Purple repaint is almost Tung Lashor in color! I'd love both bodies in just the basic green, but whatever they come up with I'll pick up.

Snappy Threader
    I would love it. Matty sits on a gold mine I think if they would offer some other colors.

Heroic Warrior
    I've said it elsewhere, but I'll say it here: I will buy two sets of each new Snake Men 2 pack repaint Mattel releases. Red and green, blue and purple, green and brown, what have you (maybe not the black and white, or Fluorescents, sorry JoeyCruel). I want a diverse Snake Men army!

As a suggestion, Toyguru and any Mattel powers-that-be that are reading this, maybe in any repaints you can switch up the heads for greater diversity. Like, say, maybe cast the heads that currently come with the Rattlor body in the same color plastic as the Kobra Khan body, and vice versa? Also, I like the idea of using the Clawful torso buck instead of the standard male torso if possible...

snakeman.jpg
    I want the yellow Snakeman in Purple so I can have a "Warrior Beasts: Snake-Man" MOTUC in my line up!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.26.15!!

MOTUC RECORD

MOTU ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 5 (2015)!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Heroic Warrior
    Most definitely!!! I think this is a no-brainer. More Snakes please!!! I would prefer them in Dark green and a light green. But would gladly buy multiples of any repaints released.

Mattel: Get on this ASAP!!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would love another set in another color. would be great if they are given new heads, armor, weapons or something to make them different than the first set. I would love it if they include myp or mini comic snake warriors.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    maybe not the black and white, or Fluorescents, sorry JoeyCruel
    The Fluo colored snakes is just a joke...
    About the black and white...
    We didn't have a white figure in MOTU so I made a white snake and I made the black snake for two reasons:
    1) since they love so much the black plastic they should made a black snake!
    2) this photo:
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    I've said it elsewhere, but I'll say it here: I will buy two sets of each new Snake Men 2 pack repaint Mattel releases. Red and green, blue and purple, green and brown, what have you (maybe not the black and white, or Fluorescents, sorry JoeyCruel). I want a diverse Snake Men army!

As a suggestion, Toyguru and any Mattel powers-that-be that are reading this, maybe in any repaints you can switch up the heads for greater diversity. Like, say, maybe cast the heads that currently come with the Rattlor body in the same color plastic as the Kobra Khan body, and vice versa? Also, I like the idea of using the Clawful torso buck instead of the standard male torso if possible...
    I agree with all of these statements. Well said, sir!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    If they released these with minor changes, another cool thing might be to switch the loincloths. I'm thinking of maybe trying that, if I order a 3rd pack of this set.

At the very least, I hope we'll see re-coloured snake men gear in a weapons pack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 3 years later...well, we have recoloured weapons coming, lol. But, people are talking a lot about repaints...this is one that ranks up there with Cardback Ram Man for me. Let's get this done!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    More Snakemen make me more happy. So I'm definitely in!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    The Fluo colored snakes is just a joke...
    About the black and white...
    We didn't have a white figure in MOTU so I made a white snake and I made the black snake for two reasons:
    1) since they love so much the black plastic they should made a black snake!
    2) this photo: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...4&d=1346477796
    I don't know why fluo would be a joke. Has no one ever seen an emerald tree boas? They come in many fluo colors.. these the colors I'd go with. They pop. And are actually natural.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I liked the fluo ones
    MATTEL you owe me a SNAKE TORSO!!!

TOP 25 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -KARG -SCROLLOS -LANDSHARK -3 ETERNIAN TOWERS
    -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA -METEORBS -MONSTROID -BLASTERHAWK

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    First of all... NO BLACK PLASTIC!
    Then change the regular buck of the orange snake with the Clawful/Whiplash/Buzz-Off buck...
    And now with the color combinations:
    1) Kobra Khan green, Rattlor rusty red and Deep Purple :
    http://imageshack.us/a/img443/7640/d...vesnakemen.jpg

2) Black 'N' White:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img21/1005/de...esnakemen2.jpg

3) Fluo invasion, they'll destroys your retinas
    http://imageshack.us/a/img69/7769/de...akemenfluo.jpg
    Loving the colors here! Missed out on the original 2-pack (didn't care much for the colors used, much prefer these ones). Would be all over all and any of the repaint color choices!
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

Widget
    more snake-men please! repaint them and give us some new accessories and heads and I'll be happy

I also would like to see some repaints, alt head sculpts would be a plus.

Heroic Warrior
    Any other colors beside what we have already would be awesome!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

We have a bunch of new parts on the database since the first set was made and all we need is different combinations and recolors. Maybe some new heads thrown in for good measure.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

We need some of thE DC comic snakemen.

If we get more Snake troops, I want the mini comics versions. I would have far preferred them to what we have now!

fff.jpg

Definitely would be down for another set or two of revamped snake men soldiers.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

YES PLEASE!!!!!!

The Snakemen two pack was a dream come true for me. I love the snakemen faction (second only to the Evil Warriors) and getting these guys to flesh out their numbers was something I never thought we'd see. They were my #1 most wanted army builders.

When they were actually revealed I thought I was dreaming.

I army built the crap out of these guys. I think I have like 8 packs or something. I'd love a set of repaints.

Now with Squeeze, Tung Lashor, and Snake Face we have a few more parts that can be thrown in their as well.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm even down for same heads as the others, bit the colors need to be different.. would be cool to see a python or boa inspired head sculpt rather some vipers.. but any sculpt will do.