Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Mattel happy with Granamyr's sales? Could we get Shadow Wing?

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar

Was Mattel happy with Granamyr's sales? Could we get Shadow Wing?

I was wondering if Granamyr's sales satisfied Mattel. Seems like only instant sell outs matter to them, and well he was back on the site for sale.

So does that mean big items like this are done? Will we ever see Shadow Wing or any other beast of this scale? Can anyone confirm? What does TG have to say?

I'd be cool with some resused parts, and would take Shadow Wing if he had new head, hands, feet, tail, and an awesome paint and accessory.
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; February 19, 2014 at 11:26pm.
    Looking for a cheap Gygor. Got one?

Quote Originally Posted by CapricornDefender View Post
    I was wondering if Granamyr's sales satisfied Mattel. Seems like only instant sell outs matter to them, and well he was back on the site for sale.

So does that mean big items like this are done? Will we ever see Shadow Wing or any other beast of this scale? Can anyone confirm? What does TG have to say?

I'd be cool with some resused parts, and would take Shadow Wing if he had new head, hands, feet, tail, and an awesome paint and accessory.
    At this point in the line I highly doubt a one off Filmation Dragon selling at $90 would appeal to many at this point, and God forbid the shipping, it has risen a lot since 2012. And Granamyr sold out of his initial stock allotment I believe, so I think he did fairly well. The fact that he was back on the site doesn't mean he sold bad or something.
    Recent.... Spirit of Grayskull
    Coming....
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Jitsu, Perfuma, Masque, Crita & Vultak
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor & the new Filmation line.

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Yes! That's a character I want as a motuc figure!
    Shadow Wing would fit in perfectly & I seriously feel an evil dragon is needed in MOTUC.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I'd buy a Shadow Wing, but I can't imagine there being enough fan interest from others for them to commit to such a large figure. It's difficult enough getting smaller figures that WEREN'T one-offs. Six years later and still no Lizard Man (maybe soon?). Gives me little hope for an obscure big guy like Shadow Wing.
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

The Granamyrs that were back on sale were remaining customer service stock - and they sold out fast.

I was watching "Battle of the Dragons" last night thinking it would be cool to get Morningstar. Problem is they both have very different physiques than ol Granamyr. Shadow wing's face though is very similar to Draego-Man

I don't need either, but it would be cool to get - but they aren't very prominent characters - esp for the price point.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    THe big old dragon was approved back when subs were still selling halfway decently; nowadays, I think they'd have trouble getting something like him approved, especially considering none of the other dragons have anywhere near the recognition factor of Granamyr.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

For me, Shadow Wing is to Granamyr as Snake Mountain is to Grayskull. I would love to have both of them, but yeah, it might be too late for that now. I figure with enough parts reuse we could get one but it doesn't matter. Rising costs, people bailing on subs or not subbing at all. Might be too late for him.

I had suggested that when i heard Granamyr was coming out. Either Dragon, Although I think Shadowing would work better. But I wou rather see T-trx come out before Shadowing, He is Hsss's Steed and I feel all faction leader need their steed out in Battle and the buck would work perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I had suggested that when i heard Granamyr was coming out. Either Dragon, Although I think Shadowing would work better. But I wou rather see T-trx come out before Shadowing, He is Hsss's Steed and I feel all faction leader need their steed out in Battle and the buck would work perfectly.
    I don't think Mattel cares about 'factions' and their 'leaders' and steeds. Mattel cares about $$$ parts and reuse.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    At this point in the line I highly doubt a one off Filmation Dragon selling at $90 would appeal to many at this point, and God forbid the shipping, it has risen a lot since 2012. And Granamyr sold out of his initial stock allotment I believe, so I think he did fairly well. The fact that he was back on the site doesn't mean he sold bad or something.
    I'm going to go with this explanation---^ Not to mention Scott has already mentioned many times by this point that re-do's are going to have to wait until at the earliest 2016.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I'd honestly rather get Sorrowful anyhow...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Heheh, that's right...Sorrowful would also be do-able with the Granamyr buck. I'd display him spanking Catra!

Shadow Wing would look very cool too...You can't go wrong with giant dragons!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    For me its not about the recognition factor, but the simple nostalgia of having a dragon in a line that is based on fantasy/mythology based creatures, having a dragon to battle is lacking. Simply having Granamyr does not cut it, I would love a more generic dragon thats in the MOTUC style.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I think Mattel would choose to release Alcala's green Granamyr instead Shadow Wing...

Shadow Wing for 2016!

Last edited by CapricornDefender; January 5, 2015 at 03:41pm.

Do not remember this guy but from the filmation still you posted I think clearly you could repaint Granamyr and cast a new head, maybe new hands, and be there. I have no need or interest in another giant dragon, but if it were made I would certainly buy it. Heck, just think if they packed in a green Grany head and hands so it could become green Grany for those fans? Neat idea.

I am not holding my breath of course, but I could see it the way I described it.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I wou rather see T-trx come out before Shadowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    I think Mattel would choose to release Alcala's green Granamyr instead Shadow Wing...
    This and this !
    Easy bet is the vintage card !
    Plus on the latest Q&A Mattel seems quite explicit on how much the selection of their futur productions
    became a real concern.
    Also, depending of the scale they choose to go for with T-Rex they definitely can reuse great Granamyr's parts (abdomen, thighs
    and maybe paws too).
    So both , T-Rex as 6" incarnation figure & Green Granamyr as variant (big winner should i say) are kinda LIKELY to me.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; January 6, 2015 at 06:58am.

Well, I dont know Mattel, but I was
    I fully support Shadow Wig, love dragons and they should be fully present in the movie

granamyr > smaug
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Heroic Warrior
    "The Dragon Invasion" is my favourite Filmation episode. I would buy a small ARMY of those toys, even if they cost a hundred bucks a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Yes because it makes sense to re-release an existing figure with a different color than a completely unique figure. Thanks for supporting my idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CapricornDefender View Post
    Yes because it makes sense to re-release an existing figure with a different color than a completely unique figure. Thanks for supporting my idea.
    I think the majority of the fan base would rather get an articulated Stridor or another vehicle like The Tallon fighter & point dread before another Dragon.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

I would rather another dragon myself.
    I think Granamyr is such an amazing piece. He sits proudly beside GC. I would LOVE another dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I think the majority of the fan base would rather get an articulated Stridor or another vehicle like The Tallon fighter & point dread before another Dragon.
    And there are threads for that. This is a thread for another dragon.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Do not remember this guy but from the filmation still you posted I think clearly you could repaint Granamyr and cast a new head, maybe new hands, and be there. I have no need or interest in another giant dragon, but if it were made I would certainly buy it. Heck, just think if they packed in a green Grany head and hands so it could become green Grany for those fans? Neat idea.

I am not holding my breath of course, but I could see it the way I described it.
    That is a fantastic idea! I preferred the red Granamyr but still want a green one too, and I doubt Mattel would do an item like that as a simple repaint. But if you did him the way you suggest he'd get the Shadow Wing fans, the people who want a green Graamyr, and people like myself that want both would get both if possible (obviously everyones budget is different). I think that would account for enough sales. Great idea.

I want Shadow Wing. I'd rather have Shadow Wing over a green Granamyr any day of the week, even though I love Granny.