Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peekablue in MOTUC

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar

Peekablue in MOTUC

So I was thinking about this character today, and how she could be incorporated into the Classics line. I never really thought much about her before honestly. However, one of the things that strikes me about this character is the potential her abilities give her to be something of an oracle, perhaps not only seeing over long distances and other dimensions, but maybe even into the past or the future. As I thought about it, I think the idea would be pretty cool since that would make her a very powerful ally and intregal part of the rebellion.

Something else struck me as I was reading her style guide bio. In it, it talks about how she is "proud of her plummage and likes to strut around Etheria showing them off". That got me to thinking, what if Peekablue was an entertainer, perhaps like a showgirl? Maybe she runs some kind of Vegas-esque entertainment complex on Etheria? Since we know that the Horde would more than likely would have an establishment like this under it's thumb, it would stand to reason that perhaps this would make Peekablue reluctant ally of the Rebellion, as doing so could mean the end of her very profitable business.

Just some ideas I had as I thought about it. I was curious what some of you guys would think of this take on the character.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    personally, i am in with the oracle (and hypnotist, too) version.

not very fond of the idea of showing her as a dream mistress' colleague!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I've always had a very special spot in my heart for Peekable (the only MOTU/PoP character I got brand new from a store!).

I've always loved her dynamic toy design and she always struck me as a very interesting character, including her powers!

She can see everywhere with her eyes, but I thought she could see into the near future. I definitely see her as having pre-cognitive abilities. She can see through time and space itself, to me!

I'll have to re-watch the episode Hordak captures her and uses her for evil. It makes me sad though because she was crying, when forcing her to use her powers.

Anyway, I think she saw that she was going to be captured before she was captured...which is where I got that idea about pre-cognition from.

...also that she hypnotizes people. Oh wait, I think that's Starla's power!

I'm very certail Mattel will not make her a "Las Etherian" Showgirl. That's a tad risque. Plus, Spinnerella is the professional dancer.

EDIT:

Here are her bios:

"Fan her feathers and she sees all!" - I would say past, present and future would be part of "all."
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 9, 2010 at 04:50am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Peekablue was always my favourite POP figure when I was a kid- because she's so colourful!!!

Can't wait to see her in MOTUC. Given that the 4HM are tackling each and every character with an enormous amount of creativity and Mattel trust their judgement, I think we're in for a treat. I was trying to think of ways they could make the more 'girly' characters appeal to the masses and with Peekablue (and Flutterina, in fact) I think they'd need to make her feathers *massive*- formidable even, to the point where you can't help but respect them!

I think Darkspecter is right- Peekablue's powers can see into the immediate future, making her almost like a prophet. I love how Filmation characterise her as a hermit, as she's too afraid to become too involved with the Rebellion for fear of the Horde. I'd like to see this incorporated in her MOTUC bio, but maybe have her as more of a nomad moving from place-to-place, as she knows how valuable she'd be to Hordak but with no physical strength, would struggle to fight him off.

Peeks has the potential to become a fan-favourite, I believe, and I can't wait for her reveal...whenever it may be!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I love how Filmation characterise her as a hermit, as she's too afraid to become too involved with the Rebellion for fear of the Horde. I'd like to see this incorporated in her MOTUC bio, but maybe have her as more of a nomad moving from place-to-place, as she knows how valuable she'd be to Hordak but with no physical strength, would struggle to fight him off.
    I really liked that too! I would like to see it go a bit further though. I would like to think part of the reason she left society is because she was scared of her powers of prophecy. She kept seeing friends and family enslaved and kidnapped by the Horde before it would happen, and she blamed herself, so she left her village at an early age for a life of solitude. She believed if she wasn't around the people to have the visions, bad things wouldn't happen to them.

Just an idea.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Peekablue sounds like the resident POP voyeur! Maybe she can spy on She-Ra, Teela, Evil Lyn, the Goddess, Sorceress and Queen Marlena and try to catch them nude in the shower.

Peekablue: I see all.

Teela: Oh really? Well I guess there's no point in keeping these clothes on then!

Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

How do we get the wheels rolling for a Peek-a-Blue classics fig to happen? I love her!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm very certail Mattel will not make her a "Las Etherian" Showgirl. That's a tad risque. Plus, Spinnerella is the professional dancer.

I've said this before, but Mattel can always cash in on the Lady GaGa craze with The Star Sisters...or rather...The Star Sisterz. Etheria's part-time resident girl group. Imagine an edgy commercial like this.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh believe me, I doubt Mattel would do the showgirl angle in her bio. I just thought it would be a neat angle for my own personal canon. To me it adds a bit of interesting shading to the characterization.

And for the record, when I say showgirl I'm talking about more of the Vegas review type, not really an entertainer of the stripper pole or "lady of the night" variety.

It makes me wonder if Peekablue should be more feathered than just sporting a peacock tail?

If we hope to one day have a MOTUC Hawke or Delora (Avion not human Delora) figure then we could expect Mattel to sculpt bird-lady arms and legs. Would Peekablue benefit from being freed from the shackles of 1980s POP manufacture and slavish parts re-use by having a more Avion-like body?

Or do fans want Peekablue to remain human with bird tail-feathers?

I only raise this as I'm trying to think how the 4H can knock us all out of the park with a cool new re-interpretation of this character.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I loved her toy as a child and am looking forward to her in Classics. Hadn't thought about it until this thread but isn't it only male Peafowl that has the bright showy feathers? (at least on earth)

This is one of the figures that'll mark the beginning of the end for me. I don't have any want to get this figure at all and several others. If I've got all the Horde and other MOTU characters I want by that time, I'll stop with the sub and start just cherry picking.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    It makes me wonder if Peekablue should be more feathered than just sporting a peacock tail?

If we hope to one day have a MOTUC Hawke or Delora (Avion not human Delora) figure then we could expect Mattel to sculpt bird-lady arms and legs. Would Peekablue benefit from being freed from the shackles of 1980s POP manufacture and slavish parts re-use by having a more Avion-like body?

Or do fans want Peekablue to remain human with bird tail-feathers?

I only raise this as I'm trying to think how the 4H can knock us all out of the park with a cool new re-interpretation of this character.
    I DEFINITELY want a Hawke/Delora figure.

The style guide version of Peekablue looks okay to me, but I wonder how they will amp her up a notch. I'm a huge POP supporter, but I don't want those dolls recreated into the MOTUC without a warrior-like update.

Are those feathers something she puts on, or are they growing out of her back? The answer is that they are either organic or technology. Regardless, I want to see those feathers look like something cool and not a Barbie accessory.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

She's kinda' the heroic answer to Evil-Lyn's ability to see the evil future. Love her!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    Of all the characters in the MOTU universe, Peekablue's easily in my top five (the others being Cringer, Sy-Klone, Sorceress, and Marlena) wants.

So here's hoping we get her sooner rather than later.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

How would the anti-POP crowd feel if the Horsemen included and extra bird head and enough extra little details on her costume that you could transform her into a bird creature? That way you could imagine her as a new character along the lines of Whiplash, Buzz Off or Carnivus.

Same could work with Sweet Bee, Mermista and maybe Flutterina. Now Perfuma would require a whole lot of work to revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    How would the anti-POP crowd feel if the Horsemen included and extra bird head and enough extra little details on her costume that you could transform her into a bird creature? That way you could imagine her as a new character along the lines of Whiplash, Buzz Off or Carnivus.

Same could work with Sweet Bee, Mermista and maybe Flutterina. Now Perfuma would require a whole lot of work to revamp.
    Why should Mattel cater for an 'anti-POP' audience for what is obviously a POP character? The 'anti-POP' people can choose not to buy this figure.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about my question re: bird-like limbs. I don't want to change the nature of Peekablue at all. I was merely speculating about how the 4H may interpret her to enhance the figure - elevate her to a new level. I guess my question comes to the nature of what is Peekablue? A human with (strap-on?) magical tailfeathers or a birdlike humanoid?

I have a vintage Peekablue in my collection and would be very happy to get a human Peekablue in MOTUC.

Why should Mattel cater for an 'anti-POP' audience for what is obviously a POP character? The 'anti-POP' people can choose not to buy this figure.

I guess my question comes to the nature of what is Peekablue? A human with (strap-on?) magical tailfeathers or a birdlike humanoid?

I MOTUC.
    The answer to the first comment is because he Horsemen really step up there game when it comes to creatures so she'd look awesome (even though mine would stay with the style guide head) and to appeal to a wider customer base with that wider base also being their core customer base (as aposed to going more in the vintage doll direction would would also give them a wider base of the female figure collectors but those are not necessarily their core customers)

And to the second part, I believe she is human with feathers growing out of her back.
    Last edited by urbanmyth; August 9, 2010 at 12:49pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The answer to the first comment is because he Horsemen really step up there game when it comes to creatures so she'd look awesome (even though mine would stay with the style guide head) and to appeal to a wider customer base with that wider base also being their core customer base (as aposed to going more in the vintage doll direction would would also give them a wider base of the female figure collectors but those are not necessarily their core customers)

And to the second part, I believe she is human with feathers growing out of her back.
    Oh, sorry. I misunderstood your first post. I thought you were suggesting 'anti-POP' folk could switch heads as if it was Avion warrior X instead of being a unique look for Peekablue herself. Cool.

I hope she and her feathers look like the style book

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood your first post. I thought you were suggesting 'anti-POP' folk could switch heads as if it was Avion warrior X instead of being a unique look for Peekablue herself. Cool.
    Well I was kind if saying both. For those of us who love Peaky, we'd use the style guide (primary) look, for those that are ok with her in theory but maybe think she is too Barbie/girlie, they could use the bird head and think of her as Peakablue, She-Ras' bird friend and Great Rebellion member and for those who hate all thing Etheria, they could use the bird head and think of her as a member of a bird race on Eternia. Seems like a win for everybody (except those who want her to look exactly like the vintage toy)

You can have whatever crazy ideas you want for the rest, but leave my mermaid out of this!

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about my question re: bird-like limbs. I don't want to change the nature of Peekablue at all. I was merely speculating about how the 4H may interpret her to enhance the figure - elevate her to a new level. I guess my question comes to the nature of what is Peekablue? A human with (strap-on?) magical tailfeathers or a birdlike humanoid?

I have a vintage Peekablue in my collection and would be very happy to get a human Peekablue in MOTUC.
    I wouldn't necessarily call it catering, but there's nothing wrong
    with coming to some sort of middle ground. Instead of deterring anti-POP
    fans from buying the figure perhaps they can actually entice them without
    compromising her. The objective should be to attract a broader audience
    not to purely cater to POP fans or anti-POP fans.

Peeablue is one of my most eagerly anticipated figures, not only from POP but from any branch of the property!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Peekablue is my all time fav as well. I would be ok with her having more 'bird-like' features. I imagine her to be some sort of humanoid. However, in my own personal cannon she is like a gypsy and uses magic to make her tail feathers appear to be like a cloak if she has to be in public.

In a very snake plisken 'escape from etheria' sort of way I like the idea of her being one of Hordak's concubines. Trapped and made to perform like a showgirl, along with others of her race. My own personal POP is very dark and twisted. lol.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x