Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peekablue in MOTUC

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Yeah My brother and I have called shotgun on certain characters. Mermista is my number 1 but Peekablue is easily my number 2.

I would love something like an execution of Bow: Toy boots and gauntlets, and some toyetic/Filmation/4HM mix on the outfit and and feather pack with an EXACTLY ON MODEL Style Guide head/hair (my favorite shot). Throw in her shield, a fan weapon, and an alternate long haired "toy" head and I'm good.

Some people have even recommended Loo-Kee.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    In a very snake plisken 'escape from etheria' sort of way I like the idea of her being one of Hordak's concubines. Trapped and made to perform like a showgirl, along with others of her race. My own personal POP is very dark and twisted. lol.
    WOW that is dark! I never would've thought of Peekablue as a concubine to Hordak. So that's what goes on at the Fright Zone!! I'm just imagining all the PoP girls doing the can-can dance for Hordak.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Since we're posting our preferences in looks here, I'm 80's toy/toy art/cardback art ALL the way on Peekablue! I think the Styleguide/Filmation version of her is AWFUL. The colours are ugly and her feathers are too plain. The extreme lack of detail is also very, very disappointing.

Since Toyguru said all PoP will be based on toy colours, we should for SURE be seeing the brighter/lighter colours on her.

I'd go for dual heads so she can look like either or though. I'll cry if she looks like the Styleguide though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'll cry if she looks like the Styleguide though.
    They'll probably just give her She-Ra's boots and gauntlets. If we're lucky, we might get the chest design from the vintage figure.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

I've said this before, but Mattel can always cash in on the Lady GaGa craze with The Star Sisters...or rather...The Star Sisterz. Etheria's part-time resident girl group. Imagine an edgy commercial like this.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Lilac was the only flower name in that commercial. Heather is a bush/shrub, & Rosemary is a/an herb.

**Please remove embedded YouTube videos when replying with a quote. Thanks!**
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Warrior
    To me, in all the POP 80's figures, Peekablue is an exception.

I think she might be a good base for a fan favorite figure ! She's colorful, and the original toy was not bad.

I just hope we'll see more female figures soon WITH A NEW, IMPROVED, QUALITY FEMALE BODY !

I love these threads- all of a sudden, a previously ignored POP character is getting an enormous amount of support! And rightly so.

It's right that POP-haters can either pass on their figure or put it up for sale for someone who wants the ladies. I'll be doing that with several of my figures from later in the 2010 sub and if I have to put up with Vikor in a monthly slot, y'all have to put up with Peekablue.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I love these threads- all of a sudden, a previously ignored POP character is getting an enormous amount of support! And rightly so.

It's right that POP-haters can either pass on their figure or put it up for sale for someone who wants the ladies. I'll be doing that with several of my figures from later in the 2010 sub and if I have to put up with Vikor in a monthly slot, y'all have to put up with Peekablue.
    I think Peekablue has the potential to be an amazingly cool character. Her potential as an oracle or prophet, along with a visually interesting design definitely make her stand out to me.

It's funny some of the anti POP sentiment. There are some vintage and 200x characters that I'm not thrilled with (Carnivus, Whiplash) that I'm passing on to someone who wants them. I however, don't say they shouldn't be part of the line, just not characters that I find interesting.

I think Peakablue will look great and sell just fine. She was a fav of mine as a kid and I imagine it'll be the same for a lot of people around here. The only two POP characters that I worry about are Flutterina and Perfuma. Maybe one or both of them need a thread.

Style guide look for me. As I said before 4HM should go with the look of POP girls that suits them best. Like vintage toy versions of Catra and Castaspella and style guide looks for Frosta and Peekablue.

The cardback art looks much cooler for this one. I was not a fan of the Adora and She-Ra figures because they looked so plain just adopting the Style Guide designs, but I realize that was done to keep them as iconic as possible. In general though,

I want the PoP MOTUC's to be able to stand next to the MOTU MOTUC's (wow that looks weird) without sticking out. She-Ra next to say, MAA or Mer-Man looks seriously out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    They'll probably just give her She-Ra's boots and gauntlets. If we're lucky, we might get the chest design from the vintage figure.
    I can see that happening, because she looks that way on her cardback. I would be okay with She-Ra or Adora's gauntlets, but I want Peekablue's blue boots with the orange feathers. It could be done. Just use She-Ra's boots and glue that piece to the top.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It could be done. Just use She-Ra's boots and glue that piece to the top.
    *dead @ Mattel jerry-rigging Peekablue*

Yikes. That gurl done broke her butt.

I support a Peekablue figure. I think she is an interesting character and there is alot that they could do with her bio. Personally at this point I'll take any of the Pop gals. We need a little variety, I still can't get over the fact that there were no females shown at SDCC.

I didn't particularly care for Peekablue in the series, but she still remains in my Top 10 most wanted. Bird theme + Oracle = Win, imho

I'm not sure how they'd accomplish her feathers though. Something detachable like Sy-Klone could be a possibility, or attachments ala Webstor and Buzz-Off that could be moved around for more of a peacock effect(up or down), or perhaps something we haven't seen yet.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Personally, I would LOVE to see Peekablue. She holds a special place in my heart as the first POP figure I ever received as a child. She was a gift from the easter bunny

I love what the 4H have done with the rest of the line and look forward to including more of the POP girls. They're the only ones I'm interested in collecting anyway.

I would buy her.

Bring on the beautiful, colourful, evocative girl-animals & girl-insects!

But I'd like some cruel looking weapons, cool bios & no combs nor levers/buttons.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Bring on the beautiful, colourful, evocative girl-animals & girl-insects!

But I'd like some cruel looking weapons, cool bios & no combs nor levers/buttons.
    I can help you with that, in the german audio cassettes she helped bow with one of her feathers, she gave him on of them and he used it with his bow to shoot it high up in the air from there she could see even further all though the eather wasnīt conected with her anymore...

That made me think and and i came up with a crossbow for her, thatīs the perfect weopon for her and i gave it a bit of a bird shape.

On those cassettes she was kind of quite and seemed wiser and not as girly as the others. Also a little bit more distant when it came to Catra. She never trusted her.
    I loved that on her and she was one of my favorite figures growing up, even though iīm not the biggest fan when it comnes to the color green

I hope when she is made into MOTUC her feathers are part of her and no backpack or anything, with the action figures you could never tell.

that's a cool lookin' crossbow.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

i'm really anxious to start getting the POP girls and i want them all. Peekablue is one of my favorites as well as Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Frosta, and Mermista.

I totaly suport this girl!

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    that's a cool lookin' crossbow.
    Agreed! I love what you've done with the crossbow. I vote for this!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I think I'd prefer her as the Vintage toy colours - they are more striking and almost "Pocahontas-ish" with the peacock feathers and something just screams South American/Red Indian-vibe.