Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Peekablue in MOTUC

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Old school orgers know of the peacock fans I would love for her to have as weapons (Katana - Mortal Kombat).

I did this a while back. Fun, so thought I'd share to see some paint variants for the future.

I dont really have a prefernece on the style of Peekablue, I think they both look great. My question is what is her accessory going to be. Besides her sheild , I like the idea of the fans, playing homage to her feathers. I alwats imagined her as an excellent fighter and great martial artists, honing these skills in part to the fact that she can see into the near future, thus knowing what is coming and how to block it. I hope they go down that route when doing her bio, but excited for her none the less. any other ideas for extra accessories?

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Eh...Peekablu is near the middle/bottom of my PoP list. I'll buy her if she looks good, but don't really care or have a preference about her. I hope they utilize some of the vintage toy shinyness on her rather than the boring matte style guide look.
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I dont really have a prefernece on the style of Peekablue, I think they both look great. My question is what is her accessory going to be. Besides her sheild , I like the idea of the fans, playing homage to her feathers. I alwats imagined her as an excellent fighter and great martial artists, honing these skills in part to the fact that she can see into the near future, thus knowing what is coming and how to block it. I hope they go down that route when doing her bio, but excited for her none the less. any other ideas for extra accessories?
    She's kind of versatile for weapons depending on how they do her bio. The x-bow Niki drew was cool, I am all about warfan(s) like Agostinho mentioned, she'd look good with a staff too.

I like your idea of a martial artist as well, I hope they include someting like that in her bio, time will tell.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

She's my favorite vintage POP figure...everything about her is just so beautiful. I love how colorful she is and shes got the best POP hair color. I hope she comes sooner rather than later.

Cant think of any accessories she needs so whatever they give us will be fine. Also not too bothered about how they do her bio. I wasnt a huge fan of her filmation head so hopefully the figure looks more like the style guide or the 80s toy.

I forgot how cool she looks. The 4H would no doubt do amazing things with her!

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    She's kind of versatile for weapons depending on how they do her bio. The x-bow Niki drew was cool, I am all about warfan(s) like Agostinho mentioned, she'd look good with a staff too.

I like your idea of a martial artist as well, I hope they include someting like that in her bio, time will tell.
    Thatīs true, like many others she wasnīt fleshed out much and really under used in Filmation if you ask me, so depending on the bio she could come with anything.

Her colors and the feathers are very bright thatīs another reason i went with a smaller weopon a staff would be to much in my opinion.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    The crossbow design you did is nice Niki. I'm a fan. I just got over everyone having staves in MOTU. The Horde all have crossbows (sorta hoping Scorpia get one, or Imp shaped as one if they get the Filmation thing worked out). The warfans would make her stand out as well. I'm a little biased though. I had that idea way back in the early days of the org 10 years ago.

I feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    The crossbow design you did is nice Niki. I'm a fan. I just got over everyone having staves in MOTU. The Horde all have crossbows (sorta hoping Scorpia get one, or Imp shaped as one if they get the Filmation thing worked out). The warfans would make her stand out as well. I'm a little biased though. I had that idea way back in the early days of the org 10 years ago.

I feel old.
    Donīt!

To be honest i was around ten years ago as well but never used the forum, i know the site with itīs old design and i remember when Emiliano posted his comic online where he drew She-Ra in her action figure costume but Filmation head and Teela had to marry King Hss while He-Man , i was stunned!!!

I really hoped for Catra to come with a Crossbow to be frank and i really hope that the other Horde Members will come with one from now on !

And thank you, it took me a while to find a good design as iīm not the best when it comes to weapons but iīm starting to enjoy designing them!

What is up folks!?

I've been meaning to ask this for a couple of weeks now, just to get others' ideas and opinions...

"Exactly where do Peekablue's feathers attach?"

Her lower-back or mid-back as trait of her species or maybe her lower back because she was some kind of science experiment victim

Are they simply attached to her belt/girdle and she taps into their magic for sight beyond sight?

Perhaps the feathers are actually a parasitic symbiote attached to her and gives her clairvoyance in exchange for a living being to bond to.

What're your thoughts on it?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    I've always viewed her as a humanoid with Mystical feathers personally. I probably wouldn't buy her if they made her into a "bird like" charcter. She along with Mermista were always two of my favorites from the show growing up, I would cringe at the thought of changing her or changing Mermista into a Merman type character. I prefer the simplistic approach to the Classics line. again that's just my personal preference.
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    What is up folks!?

I've been meaning to ask this for a couple of weeks now, just to get others' ideas and opinions...

"Exactly where do Peekablue's feathers attach?"

Her lower-back or mid-back as trait of her species or maybe her lower back because she was some kind of science experiment victim

Are they simply attached to her belt/girdle and she taps into their magic for sight beyond sight?

Perhaps the feathers are actually a parasitic symbiote attached to her and gives her clairvoyance in exchange for a living being to bond to.

What're your thoughts on it?
    Thatīs a good question...

But i think itīs more magical than species or a sience victim.

If you ask me she is more like a "X-men like Mutant" with special powers!

Heroic Warrior
    Peekablue, if sculpted and designed well, might be another great surprise ! I even like the vintage version (which is rare enough to be mentioned, because I didn't enjoy the vintage POP figures), so a MOTUC Peekablue could be fantastic !

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I like to think Peekablue's feathers are natural. I hope they are removable, like the were on the vintage toy...and that they can expand and contract (the action feature).

I also think it would be cool if Peekablue (as a character, not the action figure) can hide her feathers in her back to look like a normal woman. Think of how awesome it would look in a cartoon to see her feathers coming out of her back!

Anyway, I did a mock-up of what I would like Peekablue to look like in MOTUC (Peekablue to the right). They can give her both sets of peacock feathers (but if they can only afford one set, I totally want the beautiful toy version) and a removable choker necklace. This necklace can be re-used by Frosta and can also be used as a weapon, like Xena's chakram or Wily Kit's flute...or whatever you want it to be.

Notice the aqua piping along the top and the more detailed belt. Also, I would like the peacock feathers on her bracelets.

Last edited by Darkspecter; September 10, 2011 at 04:24pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Darkspecter Iīm loving it, she looks awesome the way who combined Filmation and Toy features into one great looking character.

I really hope she is coming soon!

This thread makes me really excited about the unknown. It would be so great to get such a cherished figure from childhood. Being a girl, I'm way more attached to the pop line than the MOTU line, but in order to help the line grow so that I can get my Pop Girls I will buy what I can of the MOTU line. Bring me Peekablue and Mermista!

darkspecter, I want your Peek SOO BAD! I love it, and that is just what I imagined.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Darkspecter Iīm loving it, she looks awesome the way who combined Filmation and Toy features into one great looking character.

I really hope she is coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    darkspecter, I want your Peek SOO BAD! I love it, and that is just what I imagined.
    Thanks guys! I'm really glad you like her. She's my dream Peekablue. I might do some mock-ups of more PoP women (I did Peekablue and Mermista so far). My goal is to make them beautiful and respect the toy and Filmation, while keeping what made each girl unique. In Peekablue's case, her Filmation hair and her top makes her unique compared to any other lady (Starla and Netossa have her toy styled top).

Her toy feathers are reflective and sort of hypnotic. They always reminded me of a kaleidoscope when I was little. I was OBSESSED with my Peekablue's feathers and played with them all the time! The eye images on the toy also look very tribal or like something someone would worship...sort of like she's a goddess. It's also very flashy, which I love because that's what peacocks are famous for. That's also why I prefer the aqua bracelets and orangey-red feathers. It adds details and flashiness to our peacock lady. I've always loved how reflective and beautiful her toy was.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Her feathers coud be a little iridescent and have some lenticular feature like opening-closing eyes. Of course the feather must be capable to expand and fold. This is the key for an excellent Peekablue figure.

This was done back in 2005 by Darthleon and I think this “tail” would translate well into the MOTU if they opt to go with something different than the Toy Tail she originally came with

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    sweet! great custom.

regarding her representation in the classic line, i think that detachable knee pads (ā la man-at-arms)
    with the orange feathers could be a good compromise between toy and filmation version.

i'd also like an alternate head with closed eyes to emulate her powers, and, if technically
    possible, a ball jointed fan tail turning downside (when she's not using her "vision").

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    and, if technically possible, a ball jointed fan tail turning downside (when she's not using her "vision").

That would be a great Idea! It would almost be like a skirt until she puts her abilities to use, then you can spin the tail upright so that they are fanned out behind her!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    yes, exactly what i was thinking: well, just the way a real peacock's tail works.

Darkspecter, I LOVE your mock-up! I'd want the red choker on mine.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I don't mind the toy touches on you design Darkspecter except the feathers, and I guess that's a big part of who Peekablue is. When I look at the toy "feathers" all I see is an Art Deco fan. I like the look of the feathers on the custom 200x Peekablue posted by Princess Adora because they look more like a peacock feather and as a kid that is always what I thought they were suppose to be.

I can't wait to see what the 4H do, I've loved all the POP characters so far.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"