Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Peekablue in MOTUC

I'd be fine either way.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I don't know, I think the design on the feathers of the vintage figure is a bit too busy and tacky. The simpler Filmation/styleguide design is nicer.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I donīt even drink coffee…. i am like that all natural

What vintage clip are you referring to? She had a backpack and no simple clip on thingy which had two pins and the buck had two holes where you could plug the backpack into:

http://darah.com/she-ra/images/toygu...eatherpack.gif

vs. the (in my opinion) cheap looking simple clip from MOTUC:

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo...wheel-clip.jpg

And there already is a female buck which came with similar plug ins and holes like the original backpacks and could be used for Peekablue, Angela, Hunga, 200X Sorceress, Flutterina, Queen Veena and Sweetbee.

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo...ntacles_06.jpg

I havenīt taken my Octavia apart to see if itīs only the armor or the buck underneath but no matter how itīs done, it has been done for her and her tentacles(which are clearly part of her body) and why not do it again when/if needed?
    i'm with you 100% on the backpack. i hate that clip. it's sooo lazy. they should have created the octavia back with the holes a long time ago. if they had done that with the sorceress, she wouldn't be so awful to pose & use. hopefully the rest of them will use that back.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Ok, ok, you guys win! Backpack it is. I just can't imagine if we had done the backpack with Castaspella. She'd have holes in her back and ruin that beautiful sculpt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    i'm with you 100% on the backpack. i hate that clip. it's sooo lazy. they should have created the octavia back with the holes a long time ago. if they had done that with the sorceress, she wouldn't be so awful to pose & use. hopefully the rest of them will use that back.
    Regarding the Sorceress, i really can't tell what would have been the best way maybe something like they did with Shadow Weaver…?

I wish they find a more natural look for the backpack to make it more like real feathers and less bulky stocky back packy like.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Ok, ok, you guys win! Backpack it is. I just can't imagine if we had done the backpack with Castaspella. She'd have holes in her back and ruin that beautiful sculpt.
    WO-HOOOOO, we won you over

For Castaspella this clip is "okay" and those holes arenīt needed since this wheel isnīt part of her body. The holes are fine for other characters since they arenīt able to remove these additional body parts(wings, feathers or tentacles) anyway and shouldīt be displayed with out those extra body parts, if you ask me.
    Last edited by Niki; September 11, 2013 at 05:26am.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Regarding the Sorceress, i really can't tell what would have been the best way maybe something like they did with Shadow Weaver…?

I wish they find a more natural look for the backpack to make it more like real feathers and less bulky stocky back packy like.

WO-HOOOOO, we won you ever

For Castaspella this clip is "okay" and those holes arenīt needed since this wheel isnīt part of her body. The holes are fine for other characters since they arenīt able to remove these additional body parts(wings, feathers or tentacles) anyway and shouldīt be displayed with out those extra body parts, if you ask me.
    they could have made the sorceress using octavia's back & wings that plugged into the holes just like buzz-off. instead they went with the pseudo action feature that ruined everything. if they had just remembered that peekablue & flutterina & angella exist, they wouldn't have created those awful drums.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    one of my favorite pop figures
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I'd prefer the vintage toy look because I like those gold accents on her feathers. The Filmation feathers are too simple for me, but I guess that's precisely why others like that look. My guess is they'll end up going with the toy feather design since in the past these figures retain their animation looks but with added vintage toy details. Maybe they'll tone down the width or intensity of the gold design on the feathers so they don't look too busy.

I canīt wait for Glimmers first review to POP up. Since she is the first new female buck figure with the flat feet. Since we lost the boot articulation non of the female characters hat the rocker feet and since Peekablue had similar feet like Glimmer in FILMATION my guess is she will get them as well.

I hope they help to pose the figures a little better and give them a better stand
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Peekablue rivals Angella for my newest Top Most Wanted Great Rebellion lady!

I imagine the 4H and Scott will turn out a beautiful and dynamic figure of this character. She has to be one of the most interesting character designs the MOTUC has to offer (at least for a human character).

I wish the line used more reflective pieces on the figures. The eyes on the feathers could and should be really cool.

I don't remember the character on the She-Ra series. I haven't seen all the episodes. But to me, Peekablue is more exciting than Mermista, Razz, and most of the others. She seems serious and mystical!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I can't wait to see how they handle the feathers! I want her to be straight up Filmation but her feathers could use a bit more toy detail.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Peekablue rivals Angella for my newest Top Most Wanted Great Rebellion lady!

I imagine the 4H and Scott will turn out a beautiful and dynamic figure of this character. She has to be one of the most interesting character designs the MOTUC has to offer (at least for a human character).

I wish the line used more reflective pieces on the figures. The eyes on the feathers could and should be really cool.

I don't remember the character on the She-Ra series. I haven't seen all the episodes. But to me, Peekablue is more exciting than Mermista, Razz, and most of the others. She seems serious and mystical!
    She is one of the more mysterious members and less comedic fellows of the Great Rebellion and even though she is not much of a fighter just like Double Trouble she is willing to go into battle.

The more sparkle comes with her the better if you ask me, it would reflect the FILMATION animation where her feathered eyes start to shine :ligroin:

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I can't wait to see how they handle the feathers! I want her to be straight up Filmation but her feathers could use a bit more toy detail.
    The more detail the better if you ask me but iīm a vintage POP figures fan especially when it comes to Peekablue but her face and hair looks amazing in the cartoon so again iīm all for a good mix!!!!

Well if they give her the short hair of Filmation it would make it easier to plug her feathers into the back.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Well if they give her the short hair of Filmation it would make it easier to plug her feathers into the back.

Emilianos idea for her shows that FILMATION didnīt made her feathers straight up but curved and with the FILMATION hair this would give her head still some movement.

I truly hope she will come with those feathers and that those feathers will make her the 30$ figure in the Club Etherian sub. I thought this spot will go to Mermista for sure but now that she wonīt be part of the Club Etheria sub i wish for Peekablue to get every paint app thats possible.

Peekablue can't come fast enough!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Easily one of my most Wanted figures. Tied even with Gwildor, I can't wait to get her. I hope she's in Club Etheria!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I hope Peekablue has her unique Filmation bodice design and shorter hair.

But, for everything else I want toy-design elements, especially the tail feathers!

Need Peekablue in the Masters of the Universe Classics Princess of Power.
    2 HIGH PRIESTESS 3 EMPRESS SHE-MAN MASTERS
    He-Man Masters of the Universe Classics Princess of Power She-Ra Bow
    http://mastersoftheuniverseclassicsh...assics-images/

Now after seeing Mermista and her amazing MOTUC mix of vintage toy and FILMATION combined i canīt wait to get Peekablue!

I think what would be great (though highly unlikely) is if we got two sets of feathers: one vintage toy, one Filmation. Considering that the "deco hits" on Spinnerella pushed that figure up to $30, I wouldn't be surprised if the simpler Filmation feathers were the route they went. Those vintage feathers will likely cost quite a bit to paint. All depends on if they have that money spread out on other figures for next year or not, I suppose.
    Don't let ANGELLA, DRAGSTOR, BLAST ATTACK, SSSQUEEZE, MULTI-BOT, ROTAR, TWISTOID, SAUROD, PEEKABLUE, PERFUMA, AND MARA get away! Sign up for a 2015 subscription this weekend and complete your collection!

What is her offensive weapon gonna be? I always thought 2 of those chinese fans , that looked like peacock feathers would be a cool, weapon for her was well as her shield. I dont want another repainted sword they could come up with something unique for her.

Bummed we didn't see Peekablue, as I've been really looking forward to her.
    I have a feeling she will eventuate into another knockout figure.
    So now I'm even more excited, and I feel as if because we are waiting even longer to see her, this will make her all the sweeter to finally get.

I think she would look fantastic with less but larger feathers with bigger eyes. I'd love her to be mostly filmationised to match the other PoP ladies, but with toy embelishments. Peekablue has so much potential to be an amazing figure, and I think she will be.

I really love the character as well. She has a lot of vulnerability, and genuine anxiety issues. I've always sympathised with her, and I love that her hair is green!

To me she's one of those characters who's unique ability would potentially be game changing on a battlefield, and despite her natural fear of conflict, she'd still come through in the end (sometime being the one who ultimately saves the day).

Love this gal and can't wait to see her in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    What is her offensive weapon gonna be?
    I'm not sure what would suit Peekalblue. Her primary role was as an oracle/seer type character and she was a pacifist by nature. As such, I don't really see her coming with an offensive weapon. If she did come with a weapon of her own, I wouldn't mind something like Evil-Lyn's staff (with both handles) repainted in Peekablue appropriate colours. The "orb" would be like a crystal ball which Peekablue uses to enhance her second sight. And an appropriately coloured PoP shield of course.

Maybe Peekablue could simply come with some accessories for other PoP characters, for example, Netossa's face-guard/helmet, a trident for Mermista (or Netossa) or She-Ra's "sword to shield" shield.

Honestly I'd rather they go all out with deco on her feathers in lieu of a weapon. She was never an offensive character. She doesn't really need anything. Her elaborate tail is what draws attention to her and makes her unique. I'd like to see that done right, and if that means she doesn't get a sword or something then that's perfectly alright with me.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

I agree completely the feathers make the figure...I'll find a weapon for her, please go all out on the feather deco