Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Peekablue in MOTUC

One of my most anticipated POP gals for sure!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    such a cool pop character. she would be impressive in motuc.
    maybe hope she dosnt have those action feature drums like the sorceress.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

With Netossa's reveal we see some parts that can be shared with Peekablue. Netossa also introduces the concept of a cape counting as an accessory, I understand yet disagree with the logic behind that. However, it is possible that Peekablue's feathers may also be considered her second accessory (booo!) in addition to her shield.

I just wanted to revisist a topic that has been discussed before about possible weapon choices for the Peekster.

War fans - I'm not big on putting a weapon in a hand that also has a shield above it, but other people like the idea.

Staff - not everyone is a fan of a staff, but I could see her with a simply bo staff or walking stick.

Sword - She could be a sword and board fighter, a sword with her paint deco would look pretty cool, imo. If she gets a newly tooled weapon a scimitar would be suh-weet!

Crossbow - I still think the crossbow is a very clever idea, it is an "outside of the box" idea and really works for me. I think it was Niki who had a really nice concept drawing for it. All her range weapon possibilities I see as short to mid range weapons.

Sling - I could see her with a sling, it is a simple weapon and has a peasant feel to it. TGR often had people using pitchforks and the like iirc.

Pistol - in one of the PoP episodes Peekablue is captured by the Horde and used to track down TGR members and capture them using a device controlled via computer console, so she's techinologically efficient at a minimum. So there is a chance she could have a repainted Adora or BG Teela pistol.

I'm just brainstorming at this point
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Peekablue Speculation

I looked and I didn't see a thread for Peekablue yet

I think we'll see her sooner rather then later. Looking at my Netossa and remembering the vintage line, all they need for Peekblue is a new head and her back piece, everything else is there with Netossa

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    I looked and I didn't see a thread for Peekablue yet

I think we'll see her sooner rather then later. Looking at my Netossa and remembering the vintage line, all they need for Peekblue is a new head and her back piece, everything else is there with Netossa
    Itīs not that easy, iīm afraid.

Netossas top is sculpted with her armor not removable, why they did that, i donīt know but Peekablue will need a new top and i sadly think they will give her the FILMATION top and she has to come her belt. Which i hope wont make her look bulky around her waist.

I also hope sheīll come with her chocker.

I found that picture, they could attach her feathers to the top since her feathers are a part of her as far as i know and shouldnīt be removable and i hope they are getting some vintage colors the plain dark blue FILMATION feathers are a bit boring compared to the colorful vintage feathers if you ask me.

tumblr_mfkr2wLbsU1qhndx9o1_500.jpg
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Going by the third issue of the Powers of Grayskull mini-comic, her feathers will have a toy shape with minor toy accents but be that deep, beautifully rich blue that Filmation used.

If that was at all any forshadowing, it could've just been happenstance.

I'm sure she, and all future POP ladies, will continue in the vein of already released figures. Heavy Filmation/style guide look with toy accents.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Going by the third issue of the Powers of Grayskull mini-comic, her feathers will have a toy shape with minor toy accents but be that deep, beautifully rich blue that Filmation used.

I really hope it's foreshadowing!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I really hope it's foreshadowing!
    I know, right.

Another note, Scott said Castaspella's disk will somehow clip onto her back. I am betting Peekablue's feathers will incorporate the same method of attachment that Castaspella's disk does.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I know, right.

Another note, Scott said Castaspella's disk will somehow clip onto her back. I am betting Peekablue's feathers will incorporate the same method of attachment that Castaspella's disk does.
    That would be neat, to still have the option to remove them. I HOPE they are articulated like the vintage toy. I loved being able to open and close them. I used to do that for HOURS as a kid. I played with her feather backpack so much, I broke it. I still have my Peekablue 100% complete with cloths, comb, shield and mini-comic. I bet many people can't say that about a childhood MOTU or PoP toy! She's seen better days though, believe me! All the trips she made with me in the pool has bleached her hair a very pale green.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I wouldnīt say there are rules. I looked at the mini comic as i have to admit i wasnīt sure how exactly Peekablue was portrait there but i knew she had the long wavy hair and not the FILMATION hair but for the rest i wasnīt completely sure but than i saw something else:

Netossa had her toy mask and we all know she doesnīt in MOTUC. I know itīs planned for the next weapons pack but MOC collectors are screwed.

So, itīs difficult to say how Peekablue will look like in MOTUC the best bet is very FILMATION like the rest of POP except Bow.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Netossa had her toy mask and we all know she doesnīt in MOTUC. I know itīs planned for the next weapons pack but MOC collectors are screwed.
    I thought she did have it, then it got cut, and now it is going to be in a weapons pack. That's the impression I got, which could be wrong.

She's a character that always just struck me. I love her for some reason. I only plan on having about 10 MOC figures after my loose is complete, and she no question makes the cut. I want her vintage MOC too. I never had her, but I do hope her feathers open like others said.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

I thought she did have it, then it got cut, and now it is going to be in a weapons pack. That's the impression I got, which could be wrong.
    I guess we both were wrong and there simply was no mask for her ever intended....

BUT what really makes me happy is the demand Peekablue seems to get lately. I think she deserves it!

For example:

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/05/motuc-top-10

LOVE it!

Heroic Warrior
    I totally don't want her in the Classics line, but I can see how they'd make her feathers. Clip on piece like Castaspella's and the feathers are on hinges/drums like the Sorceress's wings. The rest of the figure should be pretty basic. I'm not saying anything against those who want her. Just like many of my wants, I'll be glad that those who want her get her at some point. If she's in the sub, I guess I'll get her too.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I guess we both were wrong and there simply was no mask for her ever intended....

BUT what really makes me happy is the demand Peekablue seems to get lately. I think she deserves it!

For example:

[URL="http://thefwoosh.com/2013/05/motuc-top-10"]http://thefwoosh.com/2013/05/motuc-top-

LOVE it!
    We could still possibly see Netossa's mask. Maybe as an extra accessory with Spinerella :-)

As far as Peekablue goes, I do hope they put some more details in her feathers than Filmation had. Either way, can't wait to get her!
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

Snappy Threader
    Not personally interested in the character, but really needed for a complete POP collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    We could still possibly see Netossa's mask. Maybe as an extra accessory with Spinerella :-)

As far as Peekablue goes, I do hope they put some more details in her feathers than Filmation had. Either way, can't wait to get her!
    I hope we see that mask one day, i think itīs weird she is not having it plus she looks awkward when you remove the cape. The mask would make it look more logical.

More detailed feathers are a must for Peekablue. I donīt expect those shiny retro patterns but some details and color variations are appropriate for her.

I really hope we see her in 2014 that would be amazing!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Emiliano did a MOTUC figure concept for Peekablue and I LOVE her! She's perfect, in my opinion. He gave her the Filmation face and hair, the Filmation SHAPED feathers...but with the toy design and a detailed version of the Filmation collar.

I think he's going to be doing Netossa soon so he can show how the PoP figures can have parts re-use just like the MOTU guys! For Peekablue/Netossa they share: they same basic female buck, boots, bracelets and top!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--FcQn7zyzI...-Peakablue.jpg
    this would be great. i really don't want another simplified plain FAILmation design.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic Warrior
    I'm definitely hope for highly detailed and decorated "feathers" for Peekablue.

I do hope that Mattel devises another way of attaching the feathers which is different to Castaspella's wheel. I don't like how "obvious" the clip around the waist is on Castaspella. While it's fine to display Castaspella without the wheel, it's not possible to display Peelablue without her feathers since they're an integral part of her design.

Mattel developed a unique mechanism for attaching Octavia's tentacles, so I hope they find an aesthetically pleasing and practical method for attaching Peekablue's feathers.

Her feathers could be attached similarly to Castaspella's spinning wheel.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    Her feathers could be attached similarly to Castaspella's spinning wheel.
    NOT AN OPTION!

The feathers arenīt a cheap costume. She is not Barbies cousin running around in a fancy peacock Halloween outfit!

The feathers are a part of her, similar to Draego Mans wings, Buzz Offs wings or Whiplashīs tail.

For Castaspella itīs okay since itīs not an actually wheel but more like a magic effect but even for her i would have hoped for a more professional solution than a clip on wheel.

Please MATTEL donīt repeat that idea EVER again and especially not for my favorite character!

Heroic Warrior
    NOT AN OPTION!

The feathers arenīt a cheap costume. She is not Barbies cousin running around in a fancy peacock Halloween outfit!

The feathers are a part of her, similar to Draego Mans wings, Buzz Offs wings or Whiplashīs tail.

For Castaspella itīs okay since itīs not an actually wheel but more like a magic effect but even for her i would have hoped for a more professional solution than a clip on wheel.

Please MATTEL donīt repeat that idea EVER again and especially not for my favorite character!
    You need to switch to decaf!

I think the clip is the best option, since that's how the vintage figure was. I get that the feathers are a part of her, but in order to possibly make them articulated, I think the clip is needed. It's either that or a new fully tooled female torso that is going to cost a pretty penny. Then again, she just came with her feathers and shield, right? So I guess they could get away with it since the only accessory is re-used anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    You need to switch to decaf!

I think the clip is the best option, since that's how the vintage figure was. I get that the feathers are a part of her, but in order to possibly make them articulated, I think the clip is needed. It's either that or a new fully tooled female torso that is going to cost a pretty penny. Then again, she just came with her feathers and shield, right? So I guess they could get away with it since the only accessory is re-used anyway.
    I donīt even drink coffee…. i am like that all natural

What vintage clip are you referring to? She had a backpack and no simple clip on thingy which had two pins and the buck had two holes where you could plug the backpack into:

vs. the (in my opinion) cheap looking simple clip from MOTUC:

And there already is a female buck which came with similar plug ins and holes like the original backpacks and could be used for Peekablue, Angela, Hunga, 200X Sorceress, Flutterina, Queen Veena and Sweetbee.

I havenīt taken my Octavia apart to see if itīs only the armor or the buck underneath but no matter how itīs done, it has been done for her and her tentacles(which are clearly part of her body) and why not do it again when/if needed?
    Last edited by Niki; September 9, 2013 at 11:24am.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I'm with Niki. I would definitely want her feathers to be more of a plug in thing. For something that supposed to be an actual part of the characters, the clip just doesn't work for me.

I haven't opened my Octavia yet so I'm not sure how her deal works. If the plugs are JUST in the armor, I can see a problem as Peekablue's top is not at all like Octavia's. If the plugs are in the buck, though- ACES! That would be the ideal means for me.