Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The unofficial cartoon guide to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe! :)

Got it today and wow what a read...
    Thanks so much for creating this.

This is truly a great guide, get it while you can...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Thats's the old site and the scans are exacrly the same.
    Did you click on the zoom button when you open the image? You'll see the pages at the same size of the old site
    I must not have noticed the little + at the bottom.

Thanks, however, I actually prefer not to have them in a separate pop-up window as, at least on my screen, they actually are less readable than the old ones already pre-zoomed and on the white background.

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    hey busta i finally got my autographed book so far and i love reading the stuff i didnt know which i was looking forward to readin bout. i know i have to say i disagree w a few of your ratings to some of the eps so far but the info that intrigues most is the deleted scenes and the behind the scenes work thanks for the hard work you and plenty others seem to have put into the book, thanks very much james.
    Thanks for the kind words, Manny! - And it's good that you don't agree with my reviews - We all have differing opinions of the episodes - It was just getting to rate the episodes; something I should've done a LONG time ago!

Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post
    Got it today and wow what a read...
    Thanks so much for creating this.
    This is truly a great guide, get it while you can...
    Keep enjoying the book, and yes, tell the world about it!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Hey, Busta T! Just letting you know that your book reached my fiery realm today. I'm just starting to read it but it looks like an excellent read so far. Thanks for the personal inscription. I didn't realize I was your inspiration and that you have idolized me from afar. Well, thanks for the humbling words and should you ever cross the line into The Dark Side you would be a most welcome addition to my wretched hive of scum and villainy. Thanks again!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Busta, if She-Ra cartoon guide come soon, are there plans to bring SOTS and Xmas Special stuff incluided ( of course if you have this material ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Busta, if She-Ra cartoon guide come soon, are there plans to bring SOTS and Xmas Special stuff incluided ( of course if you have this material ) ?
    Monteeg, they are already included in the He-man guide

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger78 View Post
    With a quick google search I found a more easily-readable copy of the MOTU Series Bible here:
    http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/exclus...le-intro.shtml
    In the old ERW site, there's the html-text version.

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200...ive/bible.html

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Monteeg, they are already included in the He-man guide
    Thanks for your answer, demiscy. I thought Busta "only" wrote about He-Man's 130 episodes in this guide and She-Ra had been cited only in Origins of the Sorceress episode. Are there specifics parts for SOTS and Xmas Special ?

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Hey, Busta T! Just letting you know that your book reached my fiery realm today. I'm just starting to read it but it looks like an excellent read so far. Thanks for the personal inscription. I didn't realize I was your inspiration and that you have idolized me from afar. Well, thanks for the humbling words and should you ever cross the line into The Dark Side you would be a most welcome addition to my wretched hive of scum and villainy. Thanks again!
    LOL - Enjoy the book, oh evil one!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    In the old ERW site, there's the html-text version.

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200...ive/bible.html
    NO WAY - I can't believe that website was archived at some point - LOL - It brought a tear to my eye to see that VERY old design - I went back a couple of pages and saw that the update on that page was archived on the 31st March 2001 - My goodness, how long ago THAT was...

I think you just made my day, Jukka!

Thanks for your answer, demiscy.
    demiscy was VERY ready!

Thanks for your answer, demiscy. I thought Busta "only" wrote about He-Man's 130 episodes in this guide and She-Ra had been cited only in Origins of the Sorceress episode. Are there specifics parts for SOTS and Xmas Special ?
    Both SOTS and the XMAS Special are presented in detail as the rest of the series episodes.

And something else I didn't know about the motu series before reading Busta Toon's book is that there were 2 more specials!!!! So 4 in total.

1. The Greatest adventures of all
    2. Skeletor's revenge
    3. The Secret of the Sword
    4. Christmas Special

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Both SOTS and the XMAS Special are presented in detail as the rest of the series episodes.

And something else I didn't know about the motu series before reading Busta Toon's book is that there were 2 more specials!!!! So 4 in total.

1. The Greatest adventures of all
    2. Skeletor's revenge
    3. The Secret of the Sword
    4. Christmas Special
    Thanks again, demiscy. I will read this awesome guide soon because I ordered mine in this morning !!! I am very anxious to search my old Filmation questions and learn more about those amazing and obscure characters like Strong Arm, Fang Man, Lizard Man, Chopper(Jitsu), Batros, Moss Man, Spikor and Sy-Klone.

In fact "The Greates Adventure of All" and "Skeletor's Revenge" are premiere specials. Both aired before respectives seasons in some countries. Later, both were released in VHS. I purchased both recently.
    Last edited by Monteeg; September 5, 2010 at 06:39pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

In fact "The Greates Adventure of All" and "Skeletor's Revenge" are premiere specials. Both aired before respectives seasons in some countries. Later, both were released in VHS. I purchased both recently.
    "Skeletor's Revenge" was actually produced before the 1985-dated batch of season two episodes; so in theory it aired halfway through season two!

Here's a little timeline:

Sep 1983- "The Greatest Adventures Of All"
    Sep 1983 - Season One (65 episodes) begins
    Sep 1984 - Season Two (33 episodes) begins
    Sep 1985 - "Skeletor's Revenge"
    Sep 1985 - Season Two (32 episodes) begins

Oh, yeah ! I almost forget. I know something about Filmation cartoon James Eatock probably don't know! It's not important but I watched the first ever episode aired in Brazil in early 1984 . Do you know which episode was ? "Quest for He-Man". I can remember "He-Man and the MOTU" was a big hit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    "Skeletor's Revenge" was actually produced before the 1985-dated batch of season two episodes; so in theory it aired halfway through season two!

Here's a little timeline:

Sep 1983- "The Greatest Adventures Of All"
    Sep 1983 - Season One (65 episodes) begins
    Sep 1984 - Season Two (33 episodes) begins
    Sep 1985 - "Skeletor's Revenge"
    Sep 1985 - Season Two (32 episodes) begins
    I discovered I really need to read your book hurry !!! But since Skeletor introduces all those new characteres (both evil and heroic) I always thought "Skeletor's Revenge" was placed between both seasons (in this case, before the second one).
    Last edited by Monteeg; September 5, 2010 at 06:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's not important but I watched the first ever episode aired in Brazil in early 1984 . Do you know which episode was ? "Quest for He-Man".
    "Quest for He-man" was the first episode aired - Oh my! - Given how odd and crazy that episode is (a giant pink rabbit, etc.) I'm surprised anyone kept watching after that being the first episode...

I discovered I really need to read your book hurry !!! But since Skeletor introduces all those new characteres (both evil and heroic) I always thought "Skeletor's Revenge" was placed between both seasons (in this case, before the second one).
    The moment to note is when He-Man mentions the 32 brand new episodes (which would comprise the 1985 batch) - That's the part where I realized it aired before the latter half...

I'm pretty sure I mention it in the book, but both "The Greatest Adventures Of All" and "Skeletor's Revenge" had different episodes at one point or another...

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    "Quest for He-man" was the first episode aired - Oh my! - Given how odd and crazy that episode is (a giant pink rabbit, etc.) I'm surprised anyone kept watching after that being the first episode...

The moment to note is when He-Man mentions the 32 brand new episodes (which would comprise the 1985 batch) - That's the part where I realized it aired before the latter half...

I'm pretty sure I mention it in the book, but both "The Greatest Adventures Of All" and "Skeletor's Revenge" had different episodes at one point or another...
    It was Eighties... Even "Quest for He-Man" been an odd episode, for a nine years old boy watching for the first time the transformation scene and listening the opening song, it was amazing. Like Star Wars, changed my life forever !

I don't know you know but here in Brazil Orko is Gorpo, like you mentioned above. Maybe they didn't change his name because "Gorpo" seens more smooth than "Orko" in Portuguese lenguage.
    Last edited by Monteeg; September 5, 2010 at 08:32pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Busta;

I received my copy today, signed and all. I'm very impressed with the sheer amounts of information you managed to cram into this volume! It's very interesting to read all the little tidbits, and the review ratings make me think back to the Episode Review website all those years ago...

Very nice book!

I was wondering if those newspaper strips were publicated in UK in 80's. In Brazil, I cataloged about 20 different stories in 4,5 years. Its very rare nowadays . I remember they resemble Filmation design as well...
    Of course they do as they were done by Filmation.

(except the screwed up coloring)

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Just got my copy in the mail today. I've been looking forward to this. I think, like others, I'm gonna rewatch all the episodes as I go through it so all the little tidbits that I would probably otherwise would not remember will become more clear.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Awesome!

i, too, got mine.
    this book is absolutely everything i hoped it would be, and more!
    i must say that if there is anyone reading this thread that is on the fence about purchasing one...GET IT NOW!!! i would hate for any fan of the show to miss their chance to own this comprehensive guide. james, i hope you don't take this the wrong way, but the finished product of the book is much more "professional" than i'd expected! lol... the cover and layout and page quality is all excellent. of course, the CONTENT is the true draw... just having the synopses in one volume is outstanding, but this thing is chock full of insider/behind-the-scenes nuggets of info, deleted scenes and never-produced story ideas, and james even deconstructs the development of certain characters over time in the series, such as beast man and trap-jaw. it's also quite fun to read his personal reviews, although his and my tastes don't always line up! *grin*
    if anyone is familiar with the "complete guide to our favorite family" simpsons books... this is like those, only honestly i believe MORE informative.
    again, GET THIS BOOK! the simple fact you've visited this website means you will not regret it!

got mine yesterday. thanks busta! haven't looked through it yet but it's a nice cover looks way better in person!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I just ordered a copy as well
    I can't wait to read it, I'm sure it'll be awesome just like Cereal:Geek!
    James is very talented, you can't go wrong with his work!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    I just ordered a copy around 2 weeks ago....would you be able to tell me if it was shipped yet?
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

I don't know you know but here in Brazil Orko is Gorpo
    That is a VERY cool fact - I had no idea - I would've included that in the book I had known!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I received my copy today, signed and all. I'm very impressed with the sheer amounts of information you managed to cram into this volume! It's very interesting to read all the little tidbits, and the review ratings make me think back to the Episode Review website all those years ago...
    Glad you like it - I wanted to rate the episodes for my own piece of mind really...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wow View Post
    Just got my copy in the mail today. I've been looking forward to this. I think, like others, I'm gonna rewatch all the episodes as I go through it so all the little tidbits that I would probably otherwise would not remember will become more clear.
    Sounds like a plan - Plus you'll learn things that have (up until this point) never been revealed...

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    i, too, got mine.
    this book is absolutely everything i hoped it would be, and more!
    i must say that if there is anyone reading this thread that is on the fence about purchasing one...GET IT NOW!!! i would hate for any fan of the show to miss their chance to own this comprehensive guide. james, i hope you don't take this the wrong way, but the finished product of the book is much more "professional" than i'd expected!
    Dude, I know exactly what you mean - I get the same thing about cereal:geek a lot of the time - People expect a cheap-looking fanzine and instead receive a glossy, beautifully presented publication!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    lol... the cover and layout and page quality is all excellent. of course, the CONTENT is the true draw... just having the synopses in one volume is outstanding, but this thing is chock full of insider/behind-the-scenes nuggets of info, deleted scenes and never-produced story ideas, and james even deconstructs the development of certain characters over time in the series, such as beast man and trap-jaw. it's also quite fun to read his personal reviews, although his and my tastes don't always line up! *grin*
    if anyone is familiar with the "complete guide to our favorite family" simpsons books... this is like those, only honestly i believe MORE informative.
    again, GET THIS BOOK! the simple fact you've visited this website means you will not regret it!
    I like this review...

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    got mine yesterday. thanks busta! haven't looked through it yet but it's a nice cover looks way better in person!
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    I just ordered a copy as well
    I can't wait to read it, I'm sure it'll be awesome just like Cereal:Geek!
    James is very talented, you can't go wrong with his work!
    Thank you for the incredibly kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by transfan80 View Post
    I just ordered a copy around 2 weeks ago....would you be able to tell me if it was shipped yet?
    Private message me with your details and I'll let you know - It would've been shipped for certain - The books have been taking usually between two and three weeks to arrive...although there have been a couple of odd occasions where the book takes over a month!

im still going thru the first season, ive learned a couple of things bout the behind the scenes and also the fact some eps feauterd different music very cool/ im still waiting to get to the unproduced abonded eps as im interested to see what eps what might of been. finally i still disagree with some of your ep critiques even though theres a select few i agree with, all in all even though i dont like books much i have read most of this one
    thanks busta
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

im still going thru the first season, ive learned a couple of things bout the behind the scenes
    There are MORE than just a couple of behind the scenes facts in there! - Much of that information is never before seen - I made sure of that (as I had kept it back before)...

and also the fact some eps feauterd different music very cool/ im still waiting to get to the unproduced abonded eps as im interested to see what eps what might of been. finally i still disagree with some of your ep critiques
    You're allowed to! - I'd hate it if everyone agreed with my opinions...

even though theres a select few i agree with, all in all even though i dont like books much i have read most of this one
    thanks busta
    In that case, I am VERY honored!