Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The unofficial cartoon guide to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    As much as I'd love to, there's sadly not enough of an audience for it...

If I could get 600 people to commit to buying a New Adventures of He-Man guide, then I'd start writing it immediately...

I'm still not entirely sure how the She-Ra book will sell...
    Put me down for a NA guide.

599 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Part of me wants to start an online petition but I doubt there are 600 forum members who are active daily much less 600 who are NA fans.
    I think the book could sell 100 at a push, but I'd need to sell a LOT more to make it worthwhile...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Put me down for a NA guide.

599 to go.
    LOL - GENIUS comment!

make that 598 and 597
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    make that 598 and 597
    LOL - We're getting there!

596 & 595
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    596 & 595
    Cool - A double-purchase...

In all seriousness though, as I said, I think 100 books would sell...

LOL - Maybe I SHOULD start a petition?!

Hey, are copies of the He-Man book still available? Cuz as luck would have it, I might actually have money next week!
    Visit my blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    Hey, are copies of the He-Man book still available? Cuz as luck would have it, I might actually have money next week!
    The book is still VERY much available!

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    From Wikipedia

The pilot episode, "Diamond Ray of Disappearance", has a minute or so of footage missing due to the master tapes being damaged. In the original version, after teleporting the King and Queen and Man-At-Arms away to another dimension, Skeletor turns the ray onto Orko, who gets stuck inside a vase which deflects the beam. Orko escapes to warn He-Man. This footage has not been lost; it is still existent on other media in circulation. However, complications over the rights to it prevented it from being inserted back into the DVD release.
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    From Wikipedia

The pilot episode, "Diamond Ray of Disappearance", has a minute or so of footage missing due to the master tapes being damaged. In the original version, after teleporting the King and Queen and Man-At-Arms away to another dimension, Skeletor turns the ray onto Orko, who gets stuck inside a vase which deflects the beam. Orko escapes to warn He-Man. This footage has not been lost; it is still existent on other media in circulation. However, complications over the rights to it prevented it from being inserted back into the DVD release.
    Have this scene on an old tape. Entertainment Rights wouldn't allow BCI to include it on their S1 V1 release because the scene was not part of the masters they had provided, at least I believe that was the reason.
    Last edited by transfan80; January 19, 2011 at 08:07pm.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by transfan80 View Post
    Have this scene on an old tape. Entertainment Rights wouldn't allow BCI to include it on their S1 V1 release because the scene was not part of the masters they had provided, at least I believe that was the reason.
    Pretty much. When Hallmark digitized the He-Man episode-library, for some reason this scene was omitted completely. BCI could have used an VHS-transfer and add it as "special bonus" on their features-section on DVD, but they were not allowed because it wasn't in the digitized materials to begin with.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    I wonder if this footage is on my family's old RCA Videodisc of this episode. Probably.

I also wonder if there's any way to view that disk, 27 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    I'm aware the scene exists - I own it on VHS and video disc!

The digital masters that Hallmark created does not have the scene; therefore current TV broadcasts and any future releases will not contain the scene...therefore the original footage is still lost...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    In all seriousness though, as I said, I think 100 books would sell...

LOL - Maybe I SHOULD start a petition?!
    Yes. Yes you should.

I really want books for all the series.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I think i'd be excellent for you to do one book for both NA and MYP.

I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post

I was about to suggest this myself, actually--the book would probably wind up covering as much as the other two guides (104 episodes total, vs. 130 for MotU and 90+ for PoP) and would probably attract the widest audience.

I ordered my copy of the MotU guide about a week ago and hope to see it soon, and will be keeping an eye out for the PoP one. cereal:geek is a bit beyond my budget, but I have a question about the article on Star Comics in issue 6: Was the artwork by a Klaus Jansen? If memory serves, George Caragonne's staff profile in Issue #12 said "an upcoming MotU story" being drawn by him was the work he was most proud of. I'm wondering if this is that same story.

(And for those who may not know, Mr. Caragonne committed suicide sometime in the mid-90s. May he rest in peace.)

I think i'd be excellent for you to do one book for both NA and MYP. 593
    Hmmm, this is actually a VERY good idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    I was about to suggest this myself, actually--the book would probably wind up covering as much as the other two guides (104 episodes total, vs. 130 for MotU and 90+ for PoP) and would probably attract the widest audience.
    Agreed!

I ordered my copy of the MotU guide about a week ago and hope to see it soon, and will be keeping an eye out for the PoP one. cereal:geek is a bit beyond my budget, but I have a question about the article on Star Comics in issue 6: Was the artwork by a Klaus Jansen? If memory serves, George Caragonne's staff profile in Issue #12 said "an upcoming MotU story" being drawn by him was the work he was most proud of. I'm wondering if this is that same story.
    The artwork is by Ron Wilson and shows He-Man...no...I don't want to spoil it for those reading this post - Suffice to say the comic was going in a VERY new direction and they had planned (and illustrated) to my knowledge many more issues...

(And for those who may not know, Mr. Caragonne committed suicide sometime in the mid-90s. May he rest in peace.)
    The way Mark Evanier's talks about the suicide on his Blog is one of the saddest stories I have ever read - You really should pick up issue six of cereal:geek, I wax lyrical about how great George's work on the series was, and tear apart issues one to eight of the Star Comics...especially with phrases like "Crumb bum" and "Sweet potatoes"...two phrases that have NO place on Eternia!

The artwork is by Ron Wilson and shows He-Man...no...I don't want to spoil it for those reading this post - Suffice to say the comic was going in a VERY new direction and they had planned (and illustrated) to my knowledge many more issues...
    Better direction or worse?
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Better direction or worse?
    I'd say better!

Hmmm, this is actually a VERY good idea...

Agreed!
    Have MER-CY!! I would love to have a MYP Bible!

Just ordered the book now!
    (Toronto, Canada - so if you have any of those prints still James, I'd love to get one!)

I'd also buy the book on She-ra, NA, MYP and practically most any 80's cartoon (I have an academic interest as well).

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    592. I guess Jack Olester is 591?

I keep hoping for the mailman to bring my copy of your book each day, I guess it takes a month to get from England to New Jersey...while I'm not the biggest Filmation fan, I'm itching to read it!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I would definitely buy 2 (like I did with the MOTU guide and like I will with She-Ra,) so 591 and 590.
    I have lots of MOTU figures from every line as well as all BCI/Eclipse dvd sets for sale in the marketplace.

dvd sets - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211057
    NA figures - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210697
    carded Dragon Blaster Skeltor and carded stilt stalkers - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=210686

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I keep hoping for the mailman to bring my copy of your book each day, I guess it takes a month to get from England to New Jersey...while I'm not the biggest Filmation fan, I'm itching to read it!
    Yeah, for some reason, everything that I posted in December, January, AND February seems to have taken AGES to arrive - However, I just recently posted the issue one reprints of cereal:geek and they have already arrived...

It WILL arrive, hopefully SOONER rather than later - Especially since I know how much you're enjoying the Filmation show!

I would be down for an NA book. Even moreso if it was to be combined with MYP 589