Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The unofficial cartoon guide to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe! :)

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    The book is exellent!!!!A great read!!!and it doesnt need pictures at all!!what I do is, I read an episode info from the book, and then (if you have the dvds, or watch it online) I see that specific episode! Thats all there is to it, all the visual info is in the cartoon basically. Im so glad I got this book!!!

Looks like an awesome reference book for any collector or fan! I'll have to carve out some shelf space for it soon.
    He-Guy and the Guys of the Universe on sale now for however much you want to pay!

Just ordered mine
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Just wanted to pop into this thread and say that I got my book a couple of weeks ago, and it is a great read! Thanks, James/Busta, for making this book!

Busta, I was going to order a second book. What is the best way to get the book signed by you? I don't want to place the order until I know(that is if the book hasn't sold out already).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    My book arrived a few days ago. It looks beautiful in person. I haven't had a chance to read much of it, just skim. VERY indepth! I think some of your episode ratings are harsh though. 1/10 for the Starchild episode?!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    My book arrived a few days ago. It looks beautiful in person. I haven't had a chance to read much of it, just skim. VERY indepth! I think some of your episode ratings are harsh though. 1/10 for the Starchild episode?!
    I'm with Busta on that one...

1/10 for the Starchild episode?!
    I concur with Busta on that one also. The Starchild is the worst ep of season 1 along with the Cosmic Comet.
    Last edited by shigsy2003; September 14, 2010 at 11:42am.
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003 View Post
    I concur with Busta on that one also. The Starchild is the worst ep of season 1 along with the Cosmit Comet.
    Sheesh. Cosmic comet ain't that bad.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Widget
    Ordered mine two weeks ago today, still don't know if it shipped yet I am in the USA.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    I concur with Busta on that one also. The Starchild is the worst ep of season 1 along with the Cosmit Comet.
    I agree too. Starchild was a bit of an annoying little brat who looks like she raided the closet of one of the Star-Bellied Sneeches (if they wore clothes, that is).
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Just received my SECOND copy!
    Thank you so much James!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Sheesh. Cosmic comet ain't that bad.
    Aside from the moral I hated it, Zagraz really annoyed me and it was just a really weak story IMO.

Aside from the moral I hated it, Zagraz really annoyed me and it was just a really weak story IMO.
    I think simplicity and straight-forwardness in it rocks.

Skeletor knows what he wants. How to get it. He does it (essentially gaining upper hand at good guys and it's belieavable that he's gonna succeed) and the twist of the story is, that Skeletor did his own undoing.

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Sorry for not replying sooner, but my copy just arrived today, and it was definitely worth the wait!
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by keldor18 View Post
    The book is exellent!!!!A great read!!!and it doesnt need pictures at all!!what I do is, I read an episode info from the book, and then (if you have the dvds, or watch it online) I see that specific episode! Thats all there is to it, all the visual info is in the cartoon basically. Im so glad I got this book!!!
    You are using the book to its full potential - And thank you for the awesome review!

Quote Originally Posted by scottzirkel View Post
    Looks like an awesome reference book for any collector or fan! I'll have to carve out some shelf space for it soon.
    Hopefully it won't take up too much room...

Just ordered mine
    You ROCK - Let me know when it arrives, AND more importantly, what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Just wanted to pop into this thread and say that I got my book a couple of weeks ago, and it is a great read! Thanks, James/Busta, for making this book!
    It was a pleasure to write this book, and everyone does seem to be enjoying it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Busta, I was going to order a second book. What is the best way to get the book signed by you? I don't want to place the order until I know(that is if the book hasn't sold out already).
    Order the book and in the PayPal payment comments box just tell me to sign it - And private message me; that's always a good reminder for me!

LOL - Actually, as much as I dislike "The Starchild" I believe I gave it 3/10...

As for "The Cosmic Comet" guys, I think it's an okay episode...I think I gave that one 6/10...

It was actually great to finally write down on paper my ratings for all the episodes - Before this book, they all randomly zipped about in my head...

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Just received my SECOND copy!
    Thank you so much James!!!
    Cool - I saw a photo on Facebook of the book's arrival!

Quote Originally Posted by transfan80 View Post
    Sorry for not replying sooner, but my copy just arrived today, and it was definitely worth the wait!
    Super! - Now, once you've had a chance to flick through it, please let me know what you think...

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    You ROCK - Let me know when it arrives, AND more importantly, what you think!
    Thanks LOL.

The book arrived today, had a chance to flick through it and it looks mint. Highly detailed, easy to read and it's great to get your reviews of the episodes (although I was surprised by how many you deem to be average or just above). Excellent book James. Kudos!

Widget
    Got my book yesterday, Fascinating stuff, one of the things I never have understood is why more characters weren't made into figures, and that got me thinking about the She-Ra line, and why they specifically tried to make the toys look different than the show in some regards. That's just one of the few big things I will never understand from a series with a purpose of helping sell toys.

What is the name book cover front/back of that font used on the show? Is it downloadable somewhere?
    Last edited by Sevb33; September 17, 2010 at 10:44am.

+1 about the font name..

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wow View Post
    I agree too. Starchild was a bit of an annoying little brat who looks like she raided the closet of one of the Star-Bellied Sneeches (if they wore clothes, that is).
    I feel the same way about the Starchild--very bratty with a touch of ADAH. and are those her PJ's.

And I agree with busta about the Problem of Power being one of the best shows ever!!
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Yay got my copy today

Had a quick glance through it on the train home- cant wait to have a proper read through

Busta- I guess the "orkos fun facts" on the BCI dvd's were just a teaser for the book right

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

I got mine a few days ago too! It's fantastic. I have it on my coffee table and want to pick it up everytime I pass by it It's an awesome cover especially given the limitations.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Sweet I'll be getting one soon i can't wait

The book arrived today, had a chance to flick through it and it looks mint. Highly detailed, easy to read and it's great to get your reviews of the episodes (although I was surprised by how many you deem to be average or just above). Excellent book James. Kudos!
    Glad to hear it arrived safe and sound!

Quote Originally Posted by Sevb33 View Post
    Got my book yesterday, Fascinating stuff, one of the things I never have understood is why more characters weren't made into figures, and that got me thinking about the She-Ra line, and why they specifically tried to make the toys look different than the show in some regards. That's just one of the few big things I will never understand from a series with a purpose of helping sell toys.
    Basically, the She-Ra series went into production before the look of some of the toys was finalized...

What is the name book cover front/back of that font used on the show? Is it downloadable somewhere?
    The font is serif gothic, but it's very hard to find for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Adora NJ View Post
    I feel the same way about the Starchild--very bratty with a touch of ADAH. and are those her PJ's.

And I agree with busta about the Problem of Power being one of the best shows ever!!
    We're SO on the same page, Princess Adora!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Busta- I guess the "orkos fun facts" on the BCI dvd's were just a teaser for the book rightJAG2045
    LOL - Yeah, those facts were just a work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    I got mine a few days ago too! It's fantastic. I have it on my coffee table and want to pick it up everytime I pass by it It's an awesome cover especially given the limitations.
    Thanks, man - I almost feel that the limitations (not being able to show He-Man) actually worked to the cover's advantage!

Quote Originally Posted by haildagon View Post
    Sweet I'll be getting one soon i can't wait
    Sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    +1 about the font name..
    Use the search-feature, and you'll find all you seek.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ight=motu+font