Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The unofficial cartoon guide to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe! :)

I've just bought it! Hope it will arrive soon!!!

I received mine yesterday and it's amazing !!! There are all kind of information in those pages. I recommend to every MOTU fan, specially Filmation ones. A masterpiece item in any collection. I hope She-Ra's guide comes soon.

Well, October is just half a day away already!

Maybe James can update us on the She-ra book possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Well, October is just half a day away already!

Maybe James can update us on the She-ra book possibility?
    I've propably missed this info. Where is this information of what importance did October play in regards to the fact of whether it's possible for James to start making a She-Ra book?

James never said anything about October.
    He mentioned that he would know by the end of the year.

I just thought that now that September ends he would have a more clear "estimate" with September sales

No word yet on a She-Ra book guys - I need sales of the He-Man book to go crazy in the next few months for it to realistically happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    No word yet on a She-Ra book guys - I need sales of the He-Man book to go crazy in the next few months for it to realistically happen...
    maybe if you included samples of it in future cereal:geek shipments?
    just a page or two to ignite interest!

well i have completed my mission of reading the book, it was great the only thing i disagreed with u on is some of the ratings which like i said was bound to happen but the other stuff was pretty informative but on some eps i rememberd other quotes that stayed in my head more

the bet part i thought was seeing the synopsis on the eps that might of been some did look interesting especially the ones that seemed more dangerous which was the first block of eps u talked bout.

thanks busta aka james
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

For those of you still thinking about making a purchase of the book, here's an incentive - BUY The unofficial cartoon guide to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and receive a FREE limited edition print

Ordered one minutes after you posted on the facebook page!

That would be my 3rd copy

Mine just arrived. Excellent stuff.

One question:
    Was there an earlier proposition to make a He-ro series or were you refering to 90's proposition?
    Last edited by Grimbot; October 6, 2010 at 11:25am.

Heroic Warrior
    James! What the heck, man?! I was one of the first people to order the book, and now you're offering the free print? What's up with that?! Anyway, the print does look awesome.

Soooo glad "Sun Fires" never got made.

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    James! What the heck, man?! I was one of the first people to order the book, and now you're offering the free print? What's up with that?! Anyway, the print does look awesome.
    It's one of those things - I HAVE to attract new people to the book - I've had more sales today than the last four weeks combined!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Mine just arrived. Excellent stuff.
    One question:
    Was there an earlier proposition to make a He-ro series or were you refering to 90's proposition?
    Fantastic to hear the book arrived - Yes, there was indeed a He-Ro series in development during the Filmation days!

I ordered one! I hope I get one of the prints. If not oh well. I just want the book.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Fantastic to hear the book arrived - Yes, there was indeed a He-Ro series in development during the Filmation days!
    Wow!

Are there any concept drawings for it?

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    I agree... The book is great but had I known about the extras, I would have waited.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    I ordered one! I hope I get one of the prints. If not oh well. I just want the book.
    You totally got a print, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Wow!

Are there any concept drawings for it?
    Mattel published a series guide for it - Not a series bible - A series guide; so it had lots of text, illustrations, etc. - I KNOW who owns it - The problem is trying to get said person to scan it...

Quote Originally Posted by HORDAK004 View Post
    I agree... The book is great but had I known about the extras, I would have waited.
    I can appreciate that, but as I said, I have to continue to generate sales; given how many sold yesterday, I'd say it has worked...

Also, more sales increase the chances of a She-Ra book happening...

Also, more sales increase the chances of a She-Ra book happening...
    just a suggestion

Oh man, I just saw the news about the art print! I hope I'm not too late to get one of the 50 (I just ordered a few minutes ago). I'm glad I waited on getting this book. My uncle Herb Hazelton was the layout supervisor for the Filmation shows, so Fred Carrillo probably knew him very well. I already have quite a nice collection of artwork inherited from Uncle Herb, so I hope I can add this print to the mix. It looks really sweet. Thanks for offering it.

--- HERB HAZELTON passed away on December 24, 2002 after a long illness. Since 1964 he worked as a head model designer and layout artist for Cathedral Films, Grantray-Lawrence, Filmation, Ruby-Spears, Hanna-Barbera, New World, Universal, Adelaide and DreamWorks. His credits included The Batman/Superman Hour, Star Trek: TAS, He-Man, and She-Ra. --- Rest in peace and God bless, Uncle Herb.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelton View Post
    Oh man, I just saw the news about the art print! I hope I'm not too late to get one of the 50 (I just ordered a few minutes ago). I'm glad I waited on getting this book. My uncle Herb Hazelton was the layout supervisor for the Filmation shows, so Fred Carrillo probably knew him very well. I already have quite a nice collection of artwork inherited from Uncle Herb, so I hope I can add this print to the mix. It looks really sweet. Thanks for offering it.
    A pleasure to meet you!

I saw your message on PayPal - I'll send you an email...

From what I can recall, your uncle (whom is referenced in the book) designed the original character models (He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, Man-At-Arms, etc.) - I've also heard a LOT of artists speak highly of their time working with him!

I was in Lou Scheimer's office back in 2001, and on the door was a fantastic caricature of Lou by Herb - I also have a scan of another illustration of Lou, Norm Prescott and Hal Sutherland by Herb!

Busta, in "Prince Adam no more", the music that plays during Beast Man and Mer-man celebration, I think it's part of the track that played when Zoar appeared at the Royal palace window in "Diamond ray of disappearance".

I've just received the book. It's GREAT! Waiting for She-ra one now

I just ordered mine!!!

Will I get the shnazzy print, too?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I just ordered mine!!!

Will I get the shnazzy print, too?

haha.. I just got paid yesterday.. so I transferred money to my paypal to get this today. I'm hoping for that print too!

Regardless, I hope this is a successful venture for you, Busta. Thank you!