Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MYP "possible" characters

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

MYP "possible" characters

[Protected thread against "Mattel's rules are stupid" arguing only. Any other arguments are fair game. For more detail, see base of post.]

I put "possible" in inverted commas because, of course, Mattel could make any & every character from the MYP cartoon if they wanted. What is "possible" or not is purely based on Mattel's self-imposed "rules", rather than legal issues as with the Filmation cartoon.

As far as I can tell, the "rules" on which MYP characters get to be made seem to be that:
    1) Named characters original to the MYP cartoon who didn't get toys in the 200X run, and who have no counterpart in the vintage line(s) [e.g., Carnivus, Faceless One]
    2) Characters who were originally Filmation-only, but who were recreated for the MYP cartoon [e.g. Marzo, Evil Seed]
    3) Characters whose MYP versions are so radically different in design or colour scheme from the pre-200X version(s) that no amount of "stripping away" "animehyperdetail" can make an argument that they're the same design at their core [e.g. Sorceress, Evil-Lyn]

(1) is the widest grouping, and probably the hardest to distinguish between too-small-to-bother-with cameos and characters they'll get round to - but they have said some others, like Veena.

(2) is a very finite grouping (Marzo, Evil Seed... anyone else?) and will certainly be completed if the line lasts.

(3) is finite, but slightly subjective - while the "standard" MYP Marlena is different from Filmation-style Marlena, I doubt they'll do both - at most they might do a white-dress con-only version for SDCC and put the green on MattyCollector (ala colour-change Orko/standard Orko) - but the S2 "Battle Armour Marlena" design is quite possible though. For the most part, a simple compare-and-contrast could sort most of these possibilities out.

There are a small number of exceptions - MYP-based alternate heads or accessories for otherwise "vintage" figures may be included, as with Whiplash, or other "influence" may come about as with Webstor; but I'm only looking for MYP-specific figures that fit Mattel's "rules", rather than hybrids. Also, they've said they plan to do "Grayskull's Lion"/"Battle Lion", who never got a name.

So far, the following have already been released or confirmed:
    • 1) King Grayskull (+upcoming variant)
    • 3) Zodak
    • 2) Count Marzo
    • 1) Chief Carnivus
    • 1) Keldor
    • 1) Faceless One

The following have been specifically mentioned as "possibles" by Mattel, as far as I can tell:

Now, anyone else Mattel have explicitly mentioned? And who else fits the "rules"?

EDIT: Possibles include:

Further variants (i.e., secondary designs used for regular characters in the cartoon, which turned up in only one or two episodes) include:

PROTECTION - the only reason I slapped that on was that we all know by now that standard He-Man, standard Skeletor, Man at Arms and various others have been basically ruled out, so let's not start arguing over "Mattel's rules are stupid" again in this thread, huh - there's plenty of other threads to argue that over (I'm not saying they're not stupid, but let's work with them for this thread).

Otherwise, feel free to discuss as you will - in particular, actual exceptions or potential changes anyone can point out to the "rules" are welcome as long as they're based on something TG/Mattel have said, rather than something you think should be different.
    Last edited by Reboot; April 22, 2011 at 12:42pm. Reason: Adding some picture links

Lord Prahvus

Whilst not saying them specifically, TG did say the Tytus buck could be used for other giants (plural) in future, and the only classic one that comes to mind is Megator, so therefore the ABC giants could be a very good possibility.

I know there's been some debate, but I personally feel King Hsss' 200X look is radically different enough to warrant a figure.

New characters who had significant parts and would be demanded would be:-
    Prahvus
    Calix
    Lord Dactys

Also, both Ceratus and Dekker are trademarked for Whiplash's and Man-At-Arms bios, so they could be strong possibilities, asif they've already paid for the TM, they might as well get their moneys worth!!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Standard 200X He-Man is back on the table now (only no pouch or longer hair). Only thing Mattel would much rather make He-Man variants with greater tooling like Thunder Punch or Snake Armor, before making that He-Man, which would only be a repaint with a new 200X chest harness and the Techno Sword.

Toyguru has also said that 200X King Hsss and MYP "WMD" Roboto could show up, although nothing is slated for these characters anytime soon.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

- King Miro
    - Hawk
    - The three Giants
    - Dekker
    - The Oracle

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    What about the Oracle, I believe he's available to be made.
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Warrior
    MYP possible characters :

- King Taurius

- Evil Seed

- Prahvus

- Lord Dactys

- Slime Pit Mutant

- Ceratus

- Captain Randor

- King Miro

- Dekker

- Snake Armor He-Man

- "Battle Gear" Marlena

- "Egyptian style" Sorceress

- "MYP" Evil Lyn (more than just a repaint)

- The Oracle

- Callix

MYP possible large scale beasts and characters:

- Azdar (giant)

- Bezdar (giant)

- Chadzar (giant)

- Griffins

- Serpintaurs

- Large Mer-Man's fish
    Last edited by Spectror; August 9, 2010 at 07:34pm.

Characters they can make if they want:
    • MYP Queen Marlena
    • MYP Hawk
    • Prahvus
    • Ceratus
    • Lord Dactys
    • Dekker
    • Clawful's cousins
    • Callix
    • Stingrad
    • Queen Andreeno
    • King Miro
    • MYP Giants: Azdar, Belzar, and Chazdar
    • MYP Gryphons

They've said they can make Marlena, in a green dress even, but who knows if they will make her in MYP battle armor or the white dress.

Two figures that I don't think they would make but can if they wanted to are Sortech and Vormus, both of whom would require unique sculpts and couldn't be made from the MOTUC buck without major deviations from the original designs.

EDIT: Dang, Spectror beat me to it.
    Last edited by gbagok; August 9, 2010 at 07:37pm.

Kulatak Elder of the Kulataks

Sortech

Marzo Rat Creatures
    Last edited by Coptur; August 10, 2010 at 03:13am. Reason: Rat not cat

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Characters they can make if they want:
    • MYP Queen Marlena
    • MYP Hawk
    • Prahvus
    • Ceratus
    • Lord Dactys
    • Dekker
    • Clawful's cousins
    • Callix
    • Stingrad
    • Queen Andreeno
    • King Miro
    • MYP Giants: Azdar, Belzar, and Chazdar
    • MYP Gryphons

They've said they can make Marlena, in a green dress even, but who knows if they will make her in MYP battle armor or the white dress.

Two figures that I don't think they would make but can if they wanted to are Sortech and Vormus, both of whom would require unique sculpts and couldn't be made from the MOTUC buck without major deviations from the original designs.

EDIT: Dang, Spectror beat me to it.
    That's alright, you've named some characters that he didn't
    Does Galactus fart?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I want the following characters:

POWERS of GRAYSKULL
    -Queen Veena
    -Battle Lion
    -Oracle

MOTU
    -Gnome Marzo
    -Odiphus

HORDE
    -Calix
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Characters they can make if they want...
    Remember, they can make them all, it's all about who they will based on what they've said

The way they stressed they can do the Filmation-style green dress, combined with the "vintage design first" attitude they've, I'm 88.88% certain we'll get a Filmation Marlena first. After that, I suspect the different dress design would be written off as "animehyperdetail", and the furthest they'd go in that direction would be a MYP-style head with the Filmation Marlena and/or a white version of her Filmation dress for a con or DC two-pack.

The S2 red/blue "Battle Armour Marlena" design, OTOH, is as different from Filmation Marlena as MYP Randor, Sorceress & Evil-Lyn are from their vintage toy counterparts. For a MYP-inspired Marlena "refresh", that seems a far better bet.

I'd wonder the same about Calix, actually - he's a redshirt who dies after less than a minute of screentime, but who would practically demand an all-new sculpt as far as I can see...

Sortech?

The Siren?

Council of Elders

The Andreenid Queen (Council of Good)

This Centaur Guy

Tuvar and Baddhra
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 9, 2010 at 08:27pm.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Council of Elders
    I think I'll leave them off for now, short of a "yup, we'll get to them" quote - none of them (unless you include Grayskull & Veena) get individual names, and only the bald Teela analogue gets a line in her original form.

What episode did the "The Siren" appear? I don't remember her!

I will buy any and all MYP characters, by the way.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

You forgot the yak Guy who is in that picture. King Taurus I think?

EDIT: Doh, I see he was listed. You guys are good! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    For army builders they could do Skeletor's bone warriors, MYP Snakemen drones, and the Horde Wraiths.

Where the red dragons of the MYP ever giving a name?

*** Please be sure to remove images when quoting a post, thank you! ***

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    What episode did the "The Siren" appear? I don't remember her!
    It's really Evil-Lyn. During one of the early episodes, (the one after the giant mutating fish) MAA invents something and tricks Ram Man into stealing it when she adopts this form. In this form, Evil-Lyn has a "siren song", which affects the men.

Bring on Hawke!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    Lord Prahvus
    If only!!! I want him more than Any other MYP character. Centaur Guy is a close Second.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Who's Vormus, are there any pics?
    Does Galactus fart?

I don't see anyone mentioning Ice Armor He-Man yet. I'd rather see Snake Armor He-Man first, but I know some people would really want the Ice Armor look.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    I don't see anyone mentioning Ice Armor He-Man yet. I'd rather see Snake Armor He-Man first, but I know some people would really want the Ice Armor look.

Ice Armor rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Bring on Hawke!
    Yes, I would like to have her as a figure next to Stratos on the shelf.
    http://decorvo.mybrute.com

Nothing represents more the unexplainable vacuousness of the human race, than the unfounded and arrogant blind faith in the ruthless and narcissistic transcendence of itself.

Wish list; http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166721

I'm glad they seem to be actively making 200X characters. It just means "new" figures. I like that

Veena has to be a given. I wonder if they will do something like a Veena figure that has some 200X Sorceress detailing, but not all of it, and comes with the 200X Sorceress head as a bonus. It would be a great way to sell 2 to people, and another great way to get the reinterpreted vintage version of the 200X Sorceress without using up another slot.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    At the moment I can only think of the following additional people:

- Young Teela (to go with Young Adam, if they make him. Young Adam and older Teela wouldn't look right. )
    - Young Evil-Lyn with dress, white hair and tiara (that's how she looked during the time of Keldor...who we got...and Kronis)
    - Human Sorceress (when she fights Prahvus)
    - Sorceress' husband/Teela's daddy (bandaged up and broken arm)
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah