Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Havoc Staff Appreciation Thread

Havoc Staff Appreciation Thread

So, part of the reason why I got the Mo-larr set was for the extra havoc staff. I needed one for my TRU Skeletor and I gave up on getting a 200X repaint when it wasn't shown for the 2nd weapons pak at SDCC.

I have to say that this is still my favorite accessory for the line and the TRU Skelly looks so much better with one. It pretty much makes the figure.

I don't understand why we've gotten about a million battle axes for He-man but we can't get more havoc staffs. And as much as I appreciate getting a purple axe for BA Skeletor, it should not be a replacement for a staff for that figure.

Who's with me in pestering Toy Guru for a havoc staff for BA Skeletor (with the purple axe too) and a 200X repaint for the next weapons pak?

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I'm with you, bobshumway!

I'd love to see an accurately colored Havoc Staff--though I loved the look of the 200X version, I'd be more than content with the MOTUC version of the Havoc Staff with a gray skull and brownish horns.

In fact, I'd be willing to buy a Weapons Pack (which I haven't as yet) for that accessory alone. Perhaps we'll get an accurately colored one with the Faceless One when he comes out...
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I would like one bonecolored

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    I'm with you, bobshumway!

I'd love to see an accurately colored Havoc Staff--though I loved the look of the 200X version, I'd be more than content with the MOTUC version of the Havoc Staff with a gray skull and brownish horns.

In fact, I'd be willing to buy a Weapons Pack (which I haven't as yet) for that accessory alone. Perhaps we'll get an accurately colored one with the Faceless One when he comes out...
    Crap, you're right, we might have to wait for the Faceless One. That would explain it. That sucks though, I wasn't really planning on getting him.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Ah, what the heck!?!

Count me in there too! The more accesories, the merrier our figures will be anyways!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Heroic Warrior
    Wait, what constitutes an accurately colored HS? I thought all purple was accurate to the original. I wouldn't mind having a 200X colored one, though the actual 200X staff had a much nicer and more fitting design for that color scheme.

As far as getting more of the same HS, I don't see the point. Skeletor is the only one other than the Faceless One who weilded the staff, so I don't need more than the 1 that came with Skeletor and maybe one with the FO.

Dead Man Walking, you're correct about the all-purple Havoc Staffing being accurate to the original toy Havoc Staff.

That being said, in both the Filmation series (even though Mattel can't technically use such factors) and the 200X series / toys, the ram's head on the Havoc Staff was colored differently. I think what bobshumway is saying (and certainly what I'm saying) is that it would be an easy-to-do refresh of the accessory in a way that's not dissimilar to the way we get refreshed versions of the Sword of He.

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    i would love a havoc staff as well as a new silver/grey sword of power as i only got the toys r us packs and i only have a yellow powersword grey axe and gray sheild as far as im concerned every he-man should come with the sword and every skeletor should come with the staff theyre just that essential!
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

By my figuring we need the following:

- vintage Havoc Staff (we got im)
    - FILMation/200x colour HS (purple staff, bone head)
    - Movie Havoc Staff
    - Translucent red headed staff (Laser Skeletor)

I don't particularly care how we get 'em, just make it happen TG!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I want BA Skeletor to come with a havoc staff, and I want an extra one for Keldor too!

I predicting we will see a Havoc Staff released with the Faceless One. Hopefully it will look like the MYP Version.

I would love a better colored Havoc Staff. Any of the suggestions on here sound great.
    END OF LINE

Quote Originally Posted by bobshumway View Post
    So, part of the reason why I got the Mo-larr set was for the extra havoc staff. I needed one for my TRU Skeletor...

Who's with me in pestering Toy Guru for a havoc staff for BA Skeletor (with the purple axe too) and a 200X repaint for the next weapons pak?
    The Havoc Staff is one of the best named and best looking MOTU accessories ever!

I need a Havoc Staff for my TRU Skeletor, too. However, I don't need Battle Armor Skeletor to come with one in addition to the ax. A slightly different Weapon Pack version that matched TRU Skeletor would work fine by me.

I like the idea of a 200X colored Havoc Staff in a Weapons Pack. I'd also throw in my vote for an orange Havoc Staff for Faker.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I would also love to get the Havok staff as a pack-in with Battle Armor Skeletor.
    Call me crazy but I would even go as far as wanting to lose the 2 extra damage armor plates just to get the havok staff again!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Bring on a "Hordak Crossbow White" Ram for the Havoc Staff on the Weapons Pack 3.
    My Mo-Larr H.Staff will probably get either 200X colors or Filmation colors. If Skelly's TOO green, he'll get a bit of yellow as well.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I painted one as a custom and it just doesn't go with the look of the MOTUC Skeletor. See...

View my collection and customs HERE!

I don't know, jerec350, I think that's a mighty fine paint job... Plus, depending on what the Faceless One looks like, it might just work perfectly.

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    I don't know, jerec350, I think that's a mighty fine paint job... Plus, depending on what the Faceless One looks like, it might just work perfectly.
    Well I appreciate it. I painted my 200X the same way and it turned out perfect but I just didn't like the way it looked with these new figures. Hopefully the Faceless One will come with a matching Havoc Staff like this one.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I painted one as a custom and it just doesn't go with the look of the MOTUC Skeletor. See...

Hmmm, it does look a bit off. It's not the paint job though. It's something about the colors.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    I would also love to get the Havok staff as a pack-in with Battle Armor Skeletor.
    Call me crazy but I would even go as far as wanting to lose the 2 extra damage armor plates just to get the havok staff again!
    Your CRAZY!!!!!

Honestly, I think the Havok Staff is Skeletor's #1 signature weapon. Not the sword, and certainly not the axe... He-man's #1 weapon is the sword...

THAT is what EVERY version of the character should come with... If they can add in extra stuff... cool, but those are REALLY mandatory... No Silver/gray power sword is the #1 reason I did NOT buy BA He-man...

I think we MAY be burnt out on HALF swords though... I'd be FINE if only 'The Original" He-man and Skeletor came with those anymore...

I know I'd rather have a new Havoc staff in the weapon packs than Evil-lyn stuff... Don't have ANY use for THAT stuff... and I BELIEVE Faker DID come with an Orange staff in ONE of his incarnations....

Wasn't there a vintage concept artwork for Skeletor that had the head of the Havoc Staff swinging around on a chain, like a morning star?

I'd love to see THAT weapon incorporated into MOTUC as a Havoc Staff variant.

Maybe as a weapon for Demo-Man?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    I too hope we get a havoc staff in the next weapons pack, I too need one for my TRU skeletor.

Great custom jerec, that looks great, I see what you're saying about the colors, I think if we got a skeletor with skull that was a lighter more weathered yellow color instead of lime green they'd match a little more. I think the color on 200x skele's head was pretty much perfect
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Heroic Warrior
    They don`t put orginal accessories in a weapons pak so far, only repaints...

You`ll have to buy a regular Skeletor figure to own an extra havoc staff...

Quote Originally Posted by bobshumway View Post
    ...I don't understand why we've gotten about a million battle axes for He-man...
    Me too!

Can anyone tell me if the Mo-Larr havoc staff is different to the Skeletor one?

The TRU skelly has a better-coloured-purple armor and I would like a havoc staff in that colour (ever better if the skull was bone coloured).

I love the Havok staff is it is really. At first I wished they had added a bit more colour to it, but I've grown to like it just like it is.
    I also love how big and beefy it is, compared to the rather diminutive 200x version.