Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scorpia Discussion Thread

Scorpia Discussion Thread

Just like the title says? Everyone (including me) is clamoring for a Shadow Weaver, but I wonder why nobody is demanding a Scorpia? Poor girl...

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Because we know we can't have her, as shes a Filmation character who didn't have a POP toy in the vintage line.

Believe me I have some serious love for Scorpia, but Shadow Weaver is POP's Equivalent to Evil-Lyn and is an A list character. Scorpia is important but still a henchman / woman like Beastman or Trapjaw. She is important, but compairing Shadow Weaver to Scorpia is like trying to compair Trap Jaw to Evil-Lyn.

These ladies are Key characters and the right hands of Skeletor & Hordak. and (IMO) more important to the overall MOTU story than other lesser characters (in story terms). But unless Shadow Weaver can conjure up some serious dark magic and bewitch Mattel's legal / lisencing department into trying to aquire the lisencing rights, she and Scorpia are doomed to remain in legal purgatory.

But I do remain confident that if the line keeps selling out when the production numbers have gone up, Matty himself will start to push Mattel's legal department for key Filmation characters to be included in MOTUC. Such characters as Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, King Miach, Sea Hawk, Norwin, Lizard Man, Fang Man, Icer, Shekotti, Razz & Broom, Huntara, Horde Prime, Count Marzo, Kitterina, Mortella, the Enchantress, Orko's Uncle & Dree Elle , King Miro and possibily Light Hope.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

No love? Don't confuse silence about her lately for lack of love! She's a close second to Shadow Weaver in the list of must-have-but-can't-because-of-stupid-legal-garbage PoP characters! Also I think the Horde wraith things in the cartoon made everyone feel like Shadow Weaver was teased big time while remaining just out of reach.

Scorpia is cool and I want her, but I've always had more of a soft spot for Octavia.

Speaking personally I would want a Scorpia before Octavia. Octavia's character is very cool and I loved her in "The Treasure of the First One's" but compaired to Scorpia she had hardly any screen time. But they are all important. But they better Make the (Tall) Sisters in MOTUC, MOTU fans are gonna get their He-Ro so we POP fans will hopefully get the Star Sisters (3 pack & Glory Bird) as some kind of exclusive as well. Maybe they could have even been around at the same time as He-Ro & King Grayskull.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Believe me I have some serious love for Scorpia, but Shadow Weaver is POP's Equivalent to Evil-Lyn and is an A list character. Scorpia is important but still a henchman / woman like Beastman or Trapjaw. She is important, but compairing Shadow Weaver to Scorpia is like trying to compair Trap Jaw to Evil-Lyn.

These ladies are Key characters and the right hands of Skeletor & Hordak. and (IMO) more important to the overall MOTU story than other lesser characters (in story terms). But unless Shadow Weaver can conjure up some serious dark magic and bewitch Mattel's legal / lisencing department into trying to aquire the lisencing rights, she and Scorpia are doomed to remain in legal purgatory.

But I do remain confident that if the line keeps selling out when the production numbers have gone up, Matty himself will start to push Mattel's legal department for key Filmation characters to be included in MOTUC. Such characters as Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, King Miach, Sea Hawk, Norwin, Lizard Man, Fang Man, Icer, Shekotti, Razz & Broom, Huntara, Horde Prime, Count Marzo, Kitterina, Mortella, the Enchantress, Orko's Uncle & Dree Elle , King Miro and possibily Light Hope.
    We are getting Count Marxo, but it will be the MYP version.
    I would love to get Scorpia , but I agree, she isn't as important a character as Shadow Weaver. With that said, Shadow Weaver isn't as important, IMO, as Catra, so it's good to know that we'll get Catra in this line. Heck, I wouldn't mind if Catra was the first POP figure released.

Scorpia could be one badass 4H Sculpt for sure! I dare not to dream much with POP though as Mattel really needs to own their own stuff from 80s.

Heroic Warrior
    To me Scorpia, Shadow Weaver and Imp are all REALLY important Horde villianess as well as Octavia (IMO). I'd like to see em all.

If released, I would buy 2 of both Shadow Weaver and Scorpia, and Octavia, and anybody else, but as was already said, we most likely never going to get these figs.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Never is such an ugly word. I personally believe (hope) that we WILL see these Filmation-only characters later in the line. There is no question that this line is successful. But all successful lines peter out eventually. I think Mattel will negotiate the use of the Filmation characters to give the line a much-needed adrenaline boost once all of the available fan-favorites have been released.

I would really hope that this is successful enough for Mattel to buy that library someday. The 4HM would whup up on so much booty with Scorpia, SW, and Octavia, not to mention the many other fantastic Filmation characters.
    Then we could actually get the Filmation versions of some of these characters as well!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    There is plenty of love for Scorpia, Octavia, Catra, Shadow Weaver and Hunga the Harpy over here!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

I wonder if Mattel could make a Scorpia figure. Of course looking very different than the way she appeared in Filmation series. And change the name to something like Scorpina? Of course I guess being similar would throw up a red flag.

EDIT!!! Ooops! I just realized that Scorpina was a Power Rangers villain. So nope!
    Last edited by Marvelous0ne; April 5, 2009 at 04:35pm.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I would buy THIS Scorpia (and Catra) in a heartbeat!

Hey guys -- I just remembered.

Didn't Emiliano say there was one previously unavailable character who can now be made? I think Shadow Weaver was out.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Just like the title says? Everyone (including me) is clamoring for a Shadow Weaver, but I wonder why nobody is demanding a Scorpia? Poor girl...
    I like Scorpia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Hey guys -- I just remembered.

Didn't Emiliano say there was one previously unavailable character who can now be made? I think Shadow Weaver was out.
    You mean one FILMATION character or one that was just unavailable? I guess I'm asking what you mean by unavailable. Not released before, like He-Ro or Marlena, or previously off-limits?
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Always loved Scorpia. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    You mean one FILMATION character or one that was just unavailable? I guess I'm asking what you mean by unavailable. Not released before, like He-Ro or Marlena, or previously off-limits?
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...2&postcount=54

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure if they'll be able to still use Scorpia's name because there's a character with that name in the DC/ Marvel Comics line - but she isn't an action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast View Post
    To me Scorpia, Shadow Weaver and Imp are all REALLY important Horde villianess as well as (IMO). I'd like to see em all.
    IMHO I'd rather have Scorpia or Octavia than Shadow Weaver. I like Shadow Weaver. Just Design wise Scorpia or Octavia are more interesting to me.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

I'm a big fan of Scorpia. I definitely would buy her if she was made. However, Shadow Weaver is more important to me. Even more so than Catra.

Either way, I hope we all get our wish and Mattel will finally get the rights to make both of these ladies. Like Tallstar said, there was mention of a Filmation character that could be made by Mattel. Maybe it is Scorpia.

For MOTUC Scorpia is on my list right after Shadow Weaver.

I'd love a Scorpia! It'd be exciting if Emiliano was talking about her. I always thought it strange that she was such a featured character but not in the toy line. I can see Mattel having come up with her.