Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Scorpia Discussion Thread

This mystery female character that Mattel created is killing me. I wonder when she will be revealed. All fingers do seem to point to Scorpia. It seems like she would have been apart of the original Masters line and not Pop. I could see them having a female in the original line-up of the Horde figures before they decided to incorporate them into the She-ra cartoon.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I have love for Scorpia! I like all and every female warrior they have inclkuding Octavia and Entrapta! Vipra too but she's not MOTU!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I love Scorpia. Behind Shadow Weaver, she is my #1 POP want in the list of "Unmakables."
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Scorpia is my #2 most wanted figure behind Shadow Weaver...sadly we won't be getting either.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Scorpia in MOTUC

If Mattel had the opportunity to produce Scorpia, how would you envisage her?
    Personally, I see the Horde occupation of Etheria being done on a territory-by-territory basis. Like Octavia resides at Octopus Cove as Commander and could police the oceans with Admiral Scurvy and Grizzlor is often stationed at Beast Island, I see Scorpia as playing a part in patrolling the drier areas of Etheria- the Crimson Waste, maybe Skull Path etc.

In my mind, she's also a native Etherian- unlike Hordak who travelled to Etheria to dominate- but is she the result of a scientific experiment or magic or part of a race?

Lots of questions; this is why I can't wait for Mattel to get to characters like Scorpia who have no discernible origin- because it'll be a massive surprise!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Not sure how this would work. Technically, Scorpia was originaly the name of a Sectaurs character and used in commerce first by Marvel comics. So I don't know if they (Mattel/Filmation) have exclusive rights to the name or not.
    Good people to trade with!:
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

I definitely vote for Scorpia in MOTUC!

Am not so much worried about their origins (magic, bitten by radioactive scorpion, strange new race ... I don't care) just want to know this cool character will be made and that she'll look and be articulated very close to how we remember her on the POP toon.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I would support a Scorpia in MOTUC!

Attached Images Attached Images
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I agree with Scorpia...about Scorpia.

...and Angel-T, that is one excellent photoshop! I want her!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

It was done by a great guy on facebook!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

That one! I want that one!

I would definitely buy a Scorpia! I love all of the Horde characters, so this would be a no-brainer for me. If only Mattel could get those Filmation rights...

Scorpia is one of the few POP characters I would be happy to see in MOTUC.

She has to look the part though so really textured and detailed scales, pinchers and tail please!
    Like Medusa, she's needs to be too scary to be hot but you can still she's hot!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

No question on Scorpia! She's on my 3rd place of the whole Horde members list. So sure. Filmation...or not, I would like to have her
    http://decorvo.mybrute.com

Nothing represents more the unexplainable vacuousness of the human race, than the unfounded and arrogant blind faith in the ruthless and narcissistic transcendence of itself.

Wish list; http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166721

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    That photoshop pic is totally unfair... I want a Scorpia figure soooo bad now.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Heroic Warrior
    I'd really like Octavia, Shadow Weaver and Scorpia included in MOTUC. These are excellent evil female characters, who also are non human.

I SO hope Mattel will be able to release them someday ! And the sooner will be the better !

That Scorpia mockup is truly stunning, by the way. I'd buy such a figure in a heartbeat, if she got the appropriate scorpion claws and venomous tail.

Who wants Scorpia?
    I mean she's a scorpion/lady hybrid... Seriously who in their right mind would want that?
    cause I want to know where do I sign up to get one!!! The more PoPular Hordespeople we get the better!!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

How would Mattel/4H do the tail?

Is it really possible to articulate the tail so it can strike victims over the head or would it have to be similar to a the from behind side-to-side action like 200x Whiplash (but obviously manually adjusted, not spring-loaded like the 200x tail).

Would such a stinger tail be ball-jointed and hinged to achieve a strike effect, or would it have to be bendy soft plastic with a wire through?

Or would Scorpia just come with a tail and we need our imaginations to pretend it could ever strike a victim?

Are there any toy design experts who could advise on this.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post
    Not sure how this would work. Technically, Scorpia was originaly the name of a Sectaurs character and used in commerce first by Marvel comics. So I don't know if they (Mattel/Filmation) have exclusive rights to the name or not.
    Are Sectaurs TMs still live? Because I believe there was also a Spiderman character called Scorpia, but the answer's in the TM...

I believe we have Fisto back on the table now, as the Kit Fisto TM has expired?

Because it was her only look, I'd like Scorpia to resemble her Filmation outfit as much as possible and not include too many 'new' features (although I'd welcome some cool weapons!). I think the tail could be articulated with the new bendy plastic- Scorpia's tail-thrashing action would be immense!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I'm unsure if they could make the tail super-articulated. I think that while a ball-jointed tail would be awesome and appropriate, it would be too extensive and costly. Realistically we'll probably get a semi-poseable tail like on Whiplash if Scorpia is ever made.

She also seems to require quite a bit of new tooling even apart from the tail. I would personally want her hands to be able to hold some kind of weapon, even if they are pincers. Maybe opening and closing? Though that raises the sculpting spectre once again.

Heroic Warrior
    I think the tail could be articulated with the new bendy plastic-
    Aaaah NO ! No more "bendy" crap, please (*goes berserk*)! Scorpia's tail should be completely articulated, in my opinion ! Certainly a balljoint at the base of the tail, and probably 2 or 3 other segments with articulation.

balljoints on Scorpia's tail!! The tail is segmented already. I agree with the "Heroic Master of Complaints" here
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    balljoints on Scorpia's tail!! The tail is segmented already. I agree with the "Heroic Master of Complaints" here
    I'm indifferent on this one- what's wrong with the bendy plastic? Not being a great collector of toys (only He-Man and She-Ra) I've got nothing to go by...

Also, any examples of others toys using a ball-jointed tail?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'm indifferent on this one- what's wrong with the bendy plastic? Not being a great collector of toys (only He-Man and She-Ra) I've got nothing to go by...

Well, the Whiplash coming out now apparently does NOT have one...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post

Toybiz did a Scorpion figure in their Spider-Man line a few years ago, which had a bendy tail. It worked great, still holds up today (I've played with it a lot and it hasn't broken), and even has a spring loaded missile launcher in the tip!

Last edited by RocketPunch; August 13, 2010 at 09:25am.