Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Scorpia Discussion Thread

My dislike against bendy plastic items comes from the problems with bendy items.
    -The quality of the plastic tends to be a bit lower and it can break off and expose the wire(s) within.
    -The quality of the wire(s). When the piece has low quality wire(s) the piece can oxidize and take a weird color due to the oxidization of the wire(s).
    -Also the Wire(s) can snap off and break. At times the wire(s) might poke out of the plastic.

I understand the reason why it was done with Hsssssss, but Scorpia's segmented tail will look better with a ball jointed tail. (Bendy would make the tail look a tad odd.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Wow! That Venom stinger tail looks awesome. That's how I'd like Scorpia done, absolutely!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    DO4M, that Venom figure is absolutely WICKED !

THAT's definitely the kind of articulated, balljointed tail I'd like to see used for Scorpia !

Now... just to give you an general IDEA of what Scorpia might look like...

Not too long ago, a French toy collectors store released an exclusive, limited-edition (and very expensive) Scorpia, vintage style... Here are some images below (you'll notice the general look is the same as the greatly improved mockup bust posted above)

The general look is the right one. Of course, she'll need ot be able to stand (you'll notice the high heels made it almost impossible for her to stand properly), and the tail would need to be balljointed just like the Venom posted above (the exclusive, unfortunately, had a horrible bendable tail, and the claws should be improved too).

Here are the pics :

Last edited by Spectror; August 13, 2010 at 07:01pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Are Sectaurs TMs still live? Because I believe there was also a Spiderman character called Scorpia, but the answer's in the TM...

I believe we have Fisto back on the table now, as the Kit Fisto TM has expired?

Because it was her only look, I'd like Scorpia to resemble her Filmation outfit as much as possible and not include too many 'new' features (although I'd welcome some cool weapons!). I think the tail could be articulated with the new bendy plastic- Scorpia's tail-thrashing action would be immense!
    That's a good point, but there are always cheesy ways to get around the TM name, like when Hasbro reissued Jazz as Autobot Jazz in their G1 Reissues. They could call her "Evil Horde Scorpia" I think that would work if a TM issue still exists.
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post

Not too long ago, a French toy collectors store released an exclusive, limited-edition (and very expensive) Scorpia, vintage style... Here are some images below (you'll notice the general look is the same as the greatly improved mockup bust posted above)

The general look is the right one. Of course, she'll need ot be able to stand (you'll notice the high heels made it almost impossible for her to stand properly), and the tail would need to be balljointed just like the Venom posted above (the exclusive, unfortunately, had a horrible bendable tail, and the claws should be improved too).
    Wow!

I really do hope that if Mattel ever do acquire the FILMation rights for MOTUC, that we might be able to see a special collectors series of vintage style figures released that we can acquire characters like Scorpia, Shadow Weaver, Marlena, and put in our vintage collections.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

DO4M, that Venom figure is absolutely WICKED !

THAT's definitely the kind of articulated, balljointed tail I'd like to see used for Scorpia !

Here are the pics :

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...an/Scorpia.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...with_horde.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rpia-loose.jpg
    Note the Mattel Logo on the Bottom right-hand corner . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle of Grayskul View Post
    That's a good point, but there are always cheesy ways to get around the TM name, like when Hasbro reissued Jazz as Autobot Jazz in their G1 Reissues. They could call her "Evil Horde Scorpia" I think that would work if a TM issue still exists.
    If you will notice the Mattel logo on the card, this must mean Mattel had the rights of Scorpia at some point. Yes?

Heroic Warrior
    If you will notice the Mattel logo on the card, this must mean Mattel had the rights of Scorpia at some point. Yes?
    I hope so, but I don't know exactly how these limited editions were made... Are they only custom figures with a package that looks exactly like a vintage MOTU figure, or were there really some agreements made with Mattel ? That's a mystery to me...

I hope so, but I don't know exactly how these limited editions were made... Are they only custom figures with a package that looks exactly like a vintage MOTU figure, or were there really some agreements made with Mattel ? That's a mystery to me...
    They are not official, this has been discussed multiple times when the Shadow Weaver figure appeared.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    They are not official, this has been discussed multiple times when the Shadow Weaver figure appeared.
    Well, thanks for the info, markatisu ! I didn't know for sure... now I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    Note the Mattel Logo on the Bottom right-hand corner . . .

No, it does not. Lulu-Berlu (the French company who manufacture and sell these) have NO connection to Mattel whatsoever. I'd even go so far as to say that what they're doing is straight-up illegal, as they use packaging design, trademark logos, trademark names and much more on their mock-up packaging which they sell in their web store. They even have their custom figures listed in the "1980's MOTU" category, with only a close inspection of tiny text revealing that they are in fact customs (if you couldn't guess). I can only assume that Mattel are either A: Unaware this is going on or B: Considers them too small-fry to be worth the legal trouble.

Just don't get any weird ideas about these figures.

They are custom figures with mock-up packaging.
    Last edited by Sandman; August 14, 2010 at 11:20am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If I remember right Mattel is aware of them which is why it stopped. For nobody aware these are a custom run of figure, they are not customs in the way we see customs here.

they are not official and no longer being produced
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    If I remember right Mattel is aware of them which is why it stopped. For nobody aware these are a custom run of figure, they are not customs in the way we see customs here.

they are not official and no longer being produced
    Really? Still being sold though. I guess they made way too many of them.

Wow, the custom looks amazing!!!!! Is there a photo of the cardback anywhere? And where did the image of Scorpia come from on the front of the packaging?

I remember when Shadow Weaver appeared on eBay a few years ago and people went mad about it. I believe there is a short statement on the back of her figure stating that she's a custom, so maybe they did the same with Scorpia.

...you can understand why Mattel were cross though...

Having said all that, I'd be very happy if a MOTUC Scorpia was similar in design to Luluberlu's!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I would love to see Scorpia as a figure one day along with Shadow Weaver also. When I think if the main Horde group I always think of Scorpia as been an integral part of the Horde. This is due to the cartoon but I would love to have Scorpia and Shadow Weaver to go with Hordak, Catra, Leech, Grizzlor and Mantenna.

Where can I find Shadow Weaver and Scorpia?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Really? Still being sold though. I guess they made way too many of them.
    If you know where I can be these Lulu-Berlu Shadow Weaver and Scorpia figs? I have yet to find one and, sure they are expensive. Just want to see where I can track them down, and see if it's "budgetable".
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    If you know where I can be these Lulu-Berlu Shadow Weaver and Scorpia figs? I have yet to find one and, sure they are expensive. Just want to see where I can track them down, and see if it's "budgetable".
    Just google for lulu berlu, it's the name of the company. And be aware that what you are buying may not be entirely lega.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    No, it does not. Lulu-Berlu (the French company who manufacture and sell these) have NO connection to Mattel whatsoever. I'd even go so far as to say that what they're doing is straight-up illegal, as they use packaging design, trademark logos, trademark names and much more on their mock-up packaging which they sell in their web store. They even have their custom figures listed in the "1980's MOTU" category, with only a close inspection of tiny text revealing that they are in fact customs (if you couldn't guess). I can only assume that Mattel are either A: Unaware this is going on or B: Considers them too small-fry to be worth the legal trouble.
    Well, thank you for the information. A shame, Scorpia would be a very nice 4HM production.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Love me

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    No hands. No love.

I love Scorpia. She would have been so cool as a 1980's character with whipping tail action feature. I actually love her face and make up in the filmation series, she reminds me of a crazy marlene dietrich / greta garbo.
    I hope Mattel eventually gets those rights sorted and give us Scorpia, Shadow Weaver and Octavia. (but Scorpia and Shadow Weaver being the priority!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I actually love her face and make up in the filmation series, she reminds me of a crazy marlene dietrich / greta garbo.
    I agree with you 100%

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I very much would like a Scorpia figure in the line.

While Shadow Weaver is more of a priority for me out of the two of them, I'd like to see both of them end up in this line if the rights to do so ever get sorted out.

Ideally I would eventually like to have all of the Horde characters that appeared in SOTS. Any other Horde characters beyond them (from the toy line, cartoon, or whatever) are more or a less a 'bonus' in my eyes, but the ones that are essential to me in my ideal Horde army/group are those that appeared in SOTS.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I actually love her face and make up in the filmation series, she reminds me of a crazy marlene dietrich / greta garbo.
    I hope Mattel eventually gets those rights sorted and give us Scorpia, Shadow Weaver and Octavia. (but Scorpia and Shadow Weaver being the priority!)

Scorpia is totally a young Bette Davis by way of Baby Jane Hudson in What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

Scorpia has one of the best design from any Filmation character in my opinion... She is that character I always wanted to have as a figure, more so than Shadow Weaver.
    Would love Mattel to make her in MOTU Classics.
    So yes, there is plenty of love for the scorpion-lady!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Scorpia's in my top 5 most wanted Filmation characters.
    Does Galactus fart?

I like Scorpia. It is too bad Mattel does not have the rights to use her right now.