Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scorpia Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

Scorpia is totally a young Bette Davis by way of Baby Jane Hudson in What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
    I just had this image of Scorpia singing "I've written a letter to Hordak, his address is the Fright Zone"

AND

yet another image of her uttering, "Oh Catra, you know we've got rats in the cellar?"

...Oh, and I have plenty of love for Scorpia. She would be bronze medalist in the Filmation-character-without-a-figureskating competition at the Mattelolympics. Shadow Weaver, of course, receiving the gold and Lizard Man, the silver.
    Last edited by LostIt2Bostik; February 9, 2011 at 12:44pm.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

I love Scorpia. She would make an amazing figure, and hopefully we'll get her (and Shadow Weaver) eventually...if they ever gain access to the Filmation library.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Let's see...

Huge Filmation MOTU/POP fan. Check.
    Always fiending for more Horde in MOTUC. Check.

Scorpia is just a tier below Shadow Weaver when it comes to must have Filmation series characters.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Because those claws of hers would be dangerous if I wanted her to play with my do-dar.

Scorpia would be a must if they had Filmation Rights.

But Shadow Weaver is much better, and more in demand. Doesnt mean we wouldnt want a Scorpia, but if we had to choose one or the other, Shadow Weaver wins.

Luckilly I doubt if they do Filmation figures ever, that they would leave Scorpia out.

Specifically I dont like her much as she is "Butch" I guess, not as attractive as anyone else (even Shadow Weaver has the most pert breasts in the series, way I see it hehehe) and her design never thrilled me.

But She's ok, and a good evil woman Horde warrior for POP.

I'd love to finally get a figure of Scorpia!!

Although Shadow Weaver and Octavia are both higher on my want list.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I think that if they ever got the rights they should do a two pack Scorpia/Shadow Weaver. Man Mattel has to get these rights!!! Our Horde will never be complete without these two.

Quote Originally Posted by madara View Post
    Scorpia could be one badass 4H Sculpt for sure! I dare not to dream much with POP though as Mattel really needs to own their own stuff from 80s.
    Sorry, "badass" 4H sculpts are considered part of the 200X line and have been retired.

Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    I just had this image of Scorpia singing "I've written a letter to Hordak, his address is the Fright Zone"

AND

yet another image of her uttering, "Oh Catra, you know we've got rats in the cellar?"
    Oh ****! We need Catra locked away somewhere in the Fright Zone or Skorpion Hill tossing a note out the window instead of yelling for help.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Scorpia is my second most wanted Filmation POP character after Shadow Weaver! I wish they could release a figure of her.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I love Scorpia and Ocatvia! They are both definite must haves. I think why we hear everyone screaming from the rooftops "Shadow Weaver!" because she's the most influential character that Mattel doesn't have the rights to. So, when we get her, then everyone will scream for Scorpia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Hey guys -- I just remembered.

Didn't Emiliano say there was one previously unavailable character who can now be made? I think Shadow Weaver was out.
    I think I remember this. I'm pretty sure he was talking about "Octopus Woman" (created at Mattel) who later became Octavia, but Mattel explained why we can't get "Octopus Woman." I forget the explanation, but I remember them telling us no.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    If we get Clawful sometime in the future that should bring us somewhat closer to having the pre-moulded parts for her... which of her other parts could be pilaged from the existing figures???

But right here. I have love for Scorpia.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

I think Scorpia will be a great figure I will love to have her as soon as posible!!!!!

She's a great design and I like the idea of her being Catra's bodyguard/side-kick/partner? But her voice is very painful to listen to. I think it detracts from the character.

I have plenty of love for Scorpia! I love all of the ladies of The Evil Horde!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by flaming_knob View Post
    If we get Clawful sometime in the future that should bring us somewhat closer to having the pre-moulded parts for her... which of her other parts could be pilaged from the existing figures???

But right here. I have love for Scorpia.
    It would get pricey but you can use Mera from DC blackest night, buy a plastic scorpion tail, mold it to her back, sculpt her head piece, either leave mera's hair on or not, then if we get an articulated clawful claw use that, but if not buzz-off's claws will work too, and mold them onto Mera's hands. The cost of that figure for parts alone though is 50 to 60 dollars so be careful, I surely don't yet have the nerve to tackle it until I get my tax return.

So Now that we have the rights to make Scropia, What do you think her design should be. I would personally like to see her with moveable claws (not like Buzz-off), and a bendums tail, so you could manipulate it any way you want. A smaller horde crossbow or real horde blaster from filmation would finish off the character perfectly. Thoughts on the design of the character.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I love Scorpia! She's currently winning the Idol contest too so I guess a lot of people love her. I also think if this is going to turn into the Scorpia in MOTUC discussion, we should think about maybe changing the name of this thread.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

she is top 3 filmation characters in my opinion
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior
    Scorpia would be a great addition to The Horde!

And more importantly, to my collection of MOTUC action figures.

I'm looking forward to Scorpia but, I have mixed feelings. I think there will be many here who want filmation straight translations which I think will lack the detail to fit well into the line. I'd rather have something more like what they did with Bow. The extra detail to Bow really made him a cool figure that fit in well with the line as a whole.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I want Scorpia. Heck, I want all the ladies out right now. Entrapta, Octavia, even Mortella!

Since now that they have the Filmation's rights. It's only a matter of time!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Here's another "yea" for Scorpia!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Good thread bump.

Now that we OFFICIALLY have Filmation Rights...Scorpia is a must have necessity. Dying for more Horde...especially Horde that played a major role in the cartoon like Shadow Weaver(check!), Scorpia, and Octavia yet never had a proper figure!

Get her done, Toyguru!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    She is Filmation top 5. Impossible not to love