Thread: Which vintage/NA/200x canon elements would you like to see CHANGED for MOTUC?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Which vintage/NA/200x canon elements would you like to see CHANGED for MOTUC?

Just a "musing" thread for a Friday afternoon.
    Title pretty much says it all.

We all know that Classics is a mix of canon from various sources, along with some new ideas, but which elements of vintage/POP/NA/200x canon would you like to see adjusted? As in, which things - be it a character bio, or whatever - just never really worked for you?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

- Rio-Blast being a space cop stranded on Eternia never worked for me

- MYP ret-conning out Tung Lashor and Rattlor's service as part of the Evil Horde never worked for me (King of the Snake Men storyline as canon all the way!!)

- Fisto as Teela's dad doesn't work for me at all (though it was never confirmed in the media)

- FILMation origin for Man-E-Faces never worked either. I follow the early mini-comic.

- Horde Prime is a god-awful concept that diminishes Hordak and I'd like that character/concept forever deleted from the memory of MOTU

- Teela as a vegetarian from the MOTU Movie must go ...

- Tri-Klops 200x origin. I definitely prefer the vintage bounty hunter origin (I also desperately want Trap Jaw's mini-comic origin incorporated into his history - or at least that of any separate individual who may become green Trap Jaw)

- MYP Clawful as a dunder head

- the whole vintage NA storyline (identity exposed; off to the future forever; Castle Grayskull's power stripped into a spaceship; Sorceress turned into a computer program; Skeletor's head damaged instead of being a magically floating skull - all terrible ideas I detest to this day).

- any cyborg Skeletor (either Laser Power or NA). Leave him a magical flesh and blood being.

- Spit Bull and 200x Dragon Walker never really did it for me either.

Other than that, MOTU rocks!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    • Clawful must be as smart and as powerful as he was in Filmation
    • I like Blast Attack better as a rowdy cyborg than the Snake Men's robot.

I'll add more...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

- Teela a Sorceress clone.

- 200X Adam and Teela teenagers. They can be younger but why teenagers?

- Sorceress can´t transform to her real self outside of Castle Grayskull (still she always does...).

Last edited by Niki; September 3, 2010 at 08:11pm.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Evil winning once and for all in a macabre massacre of the good guys and their non-aggressive ways.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Fisto CANNOT be Teela's dad. Make it unknown. Heck, I love her being a "clone" if it means this is ignored and never mentioned again. Cause frankly by "clone" they mean "Duncan & Sorceress's secret Love Child" anyway.

I always will belive Primus is Eternia in the Future. Only thing that makes sense to me. But I'm happy that if we cant get that (which was confirmed I believe Primus is not Eternia in the future) I'm happy with the, again I belive confirmed, Primus is another planet, but not in any future, but another part of the Universe in the basically "current" timeline.

Primus can be another kingdome on another world. Denebera as well. Helps make it more "Masters of the Universe" which I always liked in mini-comics, ect. But that's it.

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    - Teela as a vegetarian from the MOTU Movie must go ...
    Why is this a problem? It means nothing to the character or any toys/merchandise.

As a vegetarian myself, this struck me as odd. Teela must eat meat as canon! Argh!

Whatever.
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    • Clawful must be as smart and as powerful as he was in Filmation
    I like Blast Attack better as a rowdy cyborg than the Snake Men's robot.

I'll add more...
    Yes please do! I like what you wrote so far!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Teela being a clone....... I hate having main characters being a clone of somebody else... it's stupid imo. Sorceress is her mother, and Fisto could be her father. works for me. I hate 25+ yr old unsolved mysteries.... reveal Teela's father already & move on! what's the big friggin deal about it anyway? it wouldn't change a thing about who Teela is today, one way or the other. I'd rather she have the chance to know her dad than have him be some random unnamed dead soldier.... boooooorrrrrring..........if her dad is dead, then what's the harm in revealing his identity to her?

which brings me to my next peve.... keeping Teela in the dark. Is she that untrustworthy that everyone of her closest friends and even her adopted father has to keep secrets from her? Secrets regarding her heritage, no less. Yet she's trustworthy enough to be captain of the guard..... what's the harm in letting her know her mother, or knowing that Adam is He-man. If Orko can keep those secrets, then Teela sure as hell can too.

MAA building the electronic sword for Adam to use till he could unite both halves..... which, was totally retconned in Orko's bio , since Adam was given the sword with both halves united.... (d'oh!!, somebody screwed up that one!!)

the whole half sword fiasco....... drop it already!! it's too confusing to keep track of (even for Mattel's writers apparently). the only true SOP imo is the one that King Grayskull was seen using in MYP, which was passed on to young Adam.

all the multicolored identical power swords.... imo the sop should be unique & one of a kind, which is why i prefer the 200x version over the overly cloned vintage one that everybody in Eternia seems to be carrying around.

He-ro's real name being 'Ro'....... surely they could have come up with something better than that. At least He-man's real name isn't 'Man'.......

The vintage NA storyline......just as Swanmarsh stated. i also detest every bit of that crap even to this day.

Man E Faces' minicomic origin.... lame...... they could have come up with something much better imo. the Filmation one wasn't really an origin either, since he already had his powers in that ep. I was really hoping for an origin in MYP, but never got one.

Tri-klops' minicomic origin.... also kind of lame. He's snatched out of his homeworld and then works for skeletor from that point on? Riiight.........

He-man's minicomic origin. because I hate the idea of main characters being part of a tribe or race of others just like them. i like He-man to be unique, in that nobody else could be 'He-man'. same goes for Skeletor.... his minicomic origin of him being from a race of skull-faced people never sat well with me. I like the myp origin a million times better, because there is and can be only ONE Skeletor, just as there can only be one Darth Vader.

Trap-jaw's vintage minicomic origin... yet another tale of some random guy from another world showing up in eternia & becoming a lackey for Skeletor... it doesn't even explain his arm & jaw! I like the IOE comic infinitely more. I like stories & origins to be fully fleshed out & explained in detail, or they're pointless to me.

the Sorceress having all the power of grayskull & the elders at her disposal, yet almost always seemed helpless whenever evil came along.... and other times was 'more than a match for skeletor'.... what good is all that power if it doesn't give you the ability to defend it? i never understood that..... at least the myp series made her seem more powerful as she should be.

Lubic......erase him from existence please. and Gwildor too.... but above all, erase the meteorbs from our minds.

villans thinking they can overthrow their leader, like Evil lynn & clawful (and sometimes Beastman) thinking they can overthrow Skeletor.... never gonna happen. keep Clawful & Beastman as dumb brute type hired muscle. If they were smart, they'd be too powerful. sure filmation clawful was smart, sort of, but he never did anything with it did he? MYP clawful was much more intimidating imo, with that massive claw that could tear their ships in half. He doesn't need to be 'smart' to be an effective minion. I actually liked his myp personality quite a bit, and was intrigued with the idea of him becoming temporarily smart in a future episode. But none of the minions should be smarter than their leader imo.

Rattlor & Tung Lashor being part of the Horde or working for Skeletor.... to me they were always Snakemen and always will be. That's how the original figures were presented, so imo it's how it should remain.

Roboto being an explorer from the planet of Robotica.... horrible imo...... thank god they've left that out of his bio.

fisto & jitsu having some sort of ''connection''........ sure, they both had giant metal hands, but that's where the similarity ends imo.

ninjor having webbed feet & fin arms & clawed fingers..... never made sense to me whatsoever. give him the he-man arms & legs, please.

stinkor being a repainted merman....I hope his new figure looks more like the staction. they certainly have the parts already made to make him his own unique character without him having the anatomy of a fishman.

fisto having Clamp champ's clamp.....

The villans never witnessing Adam turning into He-man, yet they had doomseekers always watching the good guys, in MYP, and skeletor had his crystal ball on his table in filmation.... yet for some reason they never were able to witness Adam becoming He-man? not even once??? give me a break!!

Faker never getting his moment to shine!!! the one potentially coolest villan ever, yet wasn't used except one time. bring on the blue He-man already! Same goes for Scareglow.... why wasn't he ever used? perhaps they couldn't think of a way for He-man to battle a ghost? could Scareglow be the guy that He-man could never defeat? I'd love to see that!

the good guys always winning.......... come on, let the villans have a victory once in a while. if the good guys always win, then what's the point of even continuing the story. If we know the outcome, why bother, right? just like john Cena's matches.... he always wins so why bother watching them? give us some spontanaity to keep us guessing what's going to happen next.

sorry this is long......... that's about all i have for now.
    Last edited by Multibot; September 5, 2010 at 06:31pm.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I'm Awesome Sauce! Grange Wallis's Avatar
    I want Clawful, he has to be like he was in Flimation, but with a big arse claw hand like 200X!

Also the NA He-Man needs to have his hair in a ponytail... I don't want to see the classics He-man haircut on him!
    Being a kid in the 80's scarred my life! In an awesome way! so many fantastic cartoons and toylines!!!
    Follow my art & Animations @ my blog! http://grangewallis.wordpress.com/

Elder Councilman
    Kobra Kahn working as an undercover agent for Skeletor. I prefer him being a die-hard worshiper of King Hiss.

Teela being a Sorceress clone; no, just no. I prefer the Fisto-being-her-Daddy angle a lot better; it gives the guy who I used to look at as a "White Mr. T" a lot more depth.

The Horde being only a tiny band of warriors led by Hordak. Hordak is one of my favorite characters--don't get me wrong--but the reason I love the Horde Prime angle so much is due to the whole bit on Horde World, with the possibility of sectors of the Horde all throughout the universe. It in no way diminishes Hordak for me; it just shows how incredibly powerful, strategic, and brilliant the Horde empire really is.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Why is this a problem? It means nothing to the character or any toys/merchandise.

As a vegetarian myself, this struck me as odd. Teela must eat meat as canon! Argh!

Whatever.
    Guess it never occurred to you there might be a farmer on the .Org!

I never said I wanted the canon to say "Teela must eat meat" ... I just don't appreciate the canon saying Teela must be a vegetarian. Why does the canon have to say either way?

Let's leave the 1980s era of political-correctness-gone-mad and drummed down our throats (as well as TV as medium to brainwash our kids) back in the 1980s.

I started to skim, but in order to keep my own answe pure, I'll just jot these down now:

-I wish that a specific reason (or set of reasons) would be spelled out as to why Teela cannot know about her parentage (be it simply the Sorceress or not). I like that she "mustn't know" but I'd like to know why not.

-Teela is not a vegetarian in my MOTU (Okay, I borrowed that one, but I can't jive with the vegetarian thing. My own opinion, no offense meant, so relax.). (As an aside, I think political correctness is at its worst nowadays...)

-I never cared for the idea of Adam being unable to become Adam again. The notion of Grayskull's power bing stolen and stored in teh Starship Eternia was kind of neat to me (although I don't like the "By the Power of Eternia!" phrase.

-I liked how Hssss and Skeletor worked together for a time in the Vintage stuff before warring against each other; I hope that is preserved over MYP's fight-from-the-start approach. I liked how Kobra Khan's allegiance was handled in the old minis as well, that he was loyal to Skeletor at first, but when Hssss returned, he went AWOL.

-I hope that Beast Man cannot control dragons as in MYP rather thga the Filmation approach. There's no way Graymyr would bow to him! (I would imagine that in MOTUC, Granymyr and the dragons seen in MYP originally would be seperate species, of course, so this is likely a non-issue...)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    For me, He-man is a little too powerful. I know "most pwerful man in the universe" and all but when he took out the coucil of evil and all of Skeletors guys together, while looking kick ass, It felt like, who can even touch him now...

I'd like more background on Exterdar. His old card back said his mighty power was tallness... Bah.

More to come...
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!