Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 011 & 012 Discussion! (podcast 2-pack!)

Hybrid View

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 011 & 012 Discussion! (podcast 2-pack!)

Episodes 011 & 012 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner are here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Episode 011:

Val Staples, Emiliano Santalucia, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.... sorta.

This is our SDCC clips episode.
    It's a bit raw and a bit disorganized, but it's fun!

We have quotes and comments from Mattel, the Four Horsemen, a ton of fans and our general silliness.

Sorry it's a bit late! We've been playing catch-up post SDCC. Also, Val promises to do a better job next year (he forgot to break out the recorder quite a bit... he's new at this).

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Direct link for Episode 011

Episode 012:

Val Staples, Emiliano Santalucia, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

This is part 1 of our SDCC recap!

We start out talking about the He-Man.org Fan Get-Together, then tackle listener voicemails, then we start in on the awesome new figures revealed at the Matty panel!

A few highlights of the show:
    • Memories from Hennessey's!
    • Bill Benecke rocks Roboto!
    • Val VS the mysterious podcast sniffer! ;-)

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Direct link for Episode 012

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

YES!
    Cant find it in I tunes yet so I will use the direct link at work. It is pretty quiet at work anyway..

And why doesn't anyone rate the podcast? I only see mine. Or do I only see the ratings made by Dutch people?

thank you - counting down the hours till i finish work and can listen to these!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Now with episode 012!

Listening to 11 now, and downloading 12!

Val, the interviews as you're getting more and more inebriated are awesome!

I was a wee bit sloppy by the night's end.

Yay! Now rest up some you maniacs.

EDIT: I laughed my ass off at Hyper Anime Detail Val Staples.

Also, poor Eamon, always hunted by the PoP fans.
    Last edited by Sandman; August 12, 2010 at 07:49am.

DL them both now! Great to listen to after a little while but is definitely worth the wait!

Listening to #11 right now. Loved the beginning at the airport! Eamon being naked. Pixel Dan a bit sloshed. So far sounds like a great time had by all!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

...oh boy, episode 11 is so funny...wish i were there

I thought episode 12 was going to include a special interview? wasn't it teased in episode 10??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

It's still coming.
    We lost connection with the person right near the end, and we just need to finish up a few things and get his closing remarks.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I completely forgot about that!

So who is it?! Do we get a clue at least?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Eamon...get over yourself on the gold thing already!

If you want to get into the gold aspect, explain this to me: how did He-Ro have gold when Eternia was basically filled with cavemen?

Chief-Carnivus: full of gold. His tribe lives 100% off the land and have simple cloth outfits. They're basically like Native Americans (hence the title CHIEF). Why and how does HE have gold? They were nomadic too (as seen in MYP having many base camps), which means they couldn't really take posessions with them...yet he's all "golded" up.

Teela: 16-18 year old girl (18 in MOTUC) that's covered in gold...and you can't say it's bronze. If she's wearing bronze, so are Bow and She-Ra who were painted with the same colour in the 80's.

Mekaneck: solid gold club

Jitsu: solid gold hand and intricate, gold armour (same as Eternos' King)

Extendar: gold all over his outfit. He's just a knight.

MYP Ram-Man: Gold shoulder pads. He's a dumb guy that smashes into things with his head. CLEARLY he needs gold.

Then there's Blast-Attack, the Snakeman living bomb that's SOLELY made out of gold. Why make something out of gold if you're going to blow it up?

I think gold isn't something really special on Eternia. Corrodite is more like Earth's gold or diamonds. Gold seems to be more like another heavy metal.

Effeminate head? I don't see it. The heads look the same, minus the mustache. If you mean effeminate CROWN, I agree. It looks like a Miss America tiara (as I think all the male crowns in LOTR do as well). His 80's crown didn't look like that.

P.S. it's a lute...and he doesn't battle with it. He plays it in the Whispering Woods for fun, when not in battle. People don't battle 24/7.

Thank you Val, Emiliano, Eamon and I *think* PixelDan for agreeing on the Bow boots thing! Woo! A lot of people are showing support lately, but when we first saw the figure and I wasn't happy...and started the pictoral comparison thread...the support wasn't there.

I'm offended by Bow's design being the Four Horsemen "ungirlifying" him. The main difference was they made his clip-on armour and chainmaile chest one thing (lame to me), heart-to-circle (also lame and tooling waste, imo) and made him NA He-man...no repaint necessary. Just pop on a different head and his chest plate.

It's also ironic to me, because if anything, they made his toy head girlier than it EVER was. Also, adding the horse to the bow and lute (cartoon accurate) is also "more girly" because little girls love horsies.

I love 80's toy Bow and this one, but if you ask me...this Bow is more girly than 80's Bow.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 2, 2010 at 07:08pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Hey what can I say, I guess I just look at things in a straaange way!

Behold my mad ryming skillz!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com