Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 104

Thread: Official 2011 Club Eternia Subscription Discussion

  1. #1
    The Original! guitargod694's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,188

    Official 2011 Club Eternia Subscription Discussion

    This is the thread for any questions and concerns over the Club Eternia 2011 Subscription Service

    Below are some of the most common questions encountered today

    Q. What is the Club Eternia Subscription Plan?

    A. The Club Eternia Subscription Plan is a subscription service which guarantees all twelve monthly MotUC figures, all four quarterly bonus/variant figures, and all four quarterly beast/multi-pack figures as well as the subscription bonus figure (Preternian Disguise He-Man).

    Q: I need to change my credit card info, address, shipping option, how can I do so?
    A: For customer updates related to subscriptions, the instructions above on changing your address and credit card are supposed to work, but thus far rarely does for various reasons. We highly recommend if you need to change your shipping address or credit card for your subscription order, please contact customer service directly at (877) GO-MATTY. You can email Digital River at mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com or csvendor@digitalriver.com as well.

    For changing your credit card info and address in general see the instructions above.

    Q: I am confused as to how the subscription plan works, every month it changes, how does it work?
    A: This is a constantly changing situation with Digital River. The following steps are how it "should" be working:

    What has been happening is people are being forced to use the credit card they purchased the subscription with and having the toys shipped to that original address. This is not how it should work and you should call or email Digital River and discuss subscription changes with them directly.

    Q: What is the benefit of having a subscription vs buying on normally?

    A: For 2011 you will receive a Map of Etheria and a exclusive Preternian Disguise He-Man action figure, these items will NOT be available for purchase elsewhere and will not be re-issued. In addition the subscription figures should ship earlier than standard orders; the most recent 2010 subscription figures have been billing/shipping about two days before the on-sale date on MattyCollector.com

    Q. Does the subscription itself cost money?

    A. Yes, the subscription cost $20. This includes the cost of the exclusive Preternian He-Man figure and map.

    Q. So what should I enter in the QTY line?

    A. Subscription QTY is for a set of figures, it is not how many individual figures you want. Meaning if you want 1 set of all the figures you would buy ONE subscription.

    Q. Does the subscription plan include weapons packs, vehicles, or special figures (like He-Ro, Faker, Orko, convention exclusives)?

    A. No the subscription is ONLY good for the figure of the month, quarterly beasts, and quarterly bonus figures. Convention exclusive figures that are available outside of the conventions will go up for sale on Matty Collector at later dates.

    Q. I want more than 1 of each figure every month, what do I do?

    A. Every subscription is for one of each figure released, no alternative and no swapping is allowed. Meaning if you want duplicates (or more) you must buy an additional subscription. If you want two of each figure, you'll need two subscriptions.

    Q. If I order a subscription and only want extras of certain figures what should I do?

    A. Subscriptions are only intended for those who want to guarantee they receive the figures that are released. Mattel has stated that anybody with a subscription is welcome to come on the 15th of each month and purchase additional figures. Other figures purchased outside the subscription (JLU, additional MOTU, etc.) will be charged and shipped separately.


    Q. What does auto-renewal mean?

    A. The MOTUC Subscription is a contract, you must agree to the auto-renewal option to allow Mattel to charge your credit card on a monthly basis. This is NOT an automatic renewal for the 2012 subscription.

    Q. I just got charged for my order, what gives this is a preorder?

    A. Mattel is charging for the subscription fee and authorizing the 1st month in order to validate your credit card. Many other companies do this for subscription services and it is not uncommon.

    The authorization is only temporary and should removed after a few business days, if that changes we will update so Orgers know for future subscriptions. Toyguru explains below

    So for example, if you ordered one subscription, you'll see a charge for $40 (plus tax and shipping, say $48.70).
    This is $20 for the subscription, plus a pre-authorization for the January figure with tax and shipping.
    After a couple business days, the pre-authorization part will fall off and you will be charged $20.

    Q. I got a Payment Authorization Failed message, what does that mean?

    A. Mattel is attempting to authorize your account, if you are getting the "Payment Authorization Failed" message, chances are you do not have the amount for the total of the 1st month.

    There is also another culprit, Firefox users have reported receiving this error and instead have opted for using Apple's Safari or Microsoft's Internet Explorer browsers with success.

    Q. I picked the wrong subscription when I checked out, is there anyway to change it?


    A. Mattel states that once a subscription is purchased it cannot be canceled or changed. Please read everything carefully and double check everything you have selected before submitting your purchase. You can always try calling customer service but they will most likely refer you to the conditions you agreed to at time of order and deny your change request.

    Q. I have a problem with my order how can I contact Matty Collector?

    A. You can reach Customer Service over the phone 1-877-GO-MATTY, see the Official MattyCollector General Help & Information Thread for more detailed information.

    Info about previous subscriptions (2009 and 2010) can be found here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=171385

    If there are any questions or something on the site was not clear please post about it, its is likely that you are not the only one confused and if we can find an answer and post it here that will only help others.
    Bill :: guitargod694

  2. #2
    son of Xemnoss Xetheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lots of different places
    Posts
    825
    Hi, I bought the Club Eternia Sub the first time (two actually). They booked 40 dollars from my cc for it. Why that? Is that now for the two sub figures? No postage, also if it gets more expensive when they are shipped together with other figs? I thought they just hold the amount and book it back and charge it when the figure comes out. Do I have to call the CS now, or is it correct that they booked exactly 40 bucks for two subs NOW?

    Thanx for your help.

  3. #3
    Profanity Bleeper EuroCoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kajaani, Finland
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    Hi, I bought the Club Eternia Sub the first time (two actually). They booked 40 dollars from my cc for it. Why that? Is that now for the two sub figures? No postage, also if it gets more expensive when they are shipped together with other figs? I thought they just hold the amount and book it back and charge it when the figure comes out. Do I have to call the CS now, or is it correct that they booked exactly 40 bucks for two subs NOW?

    Thanx for your help.
    Based on your text/description everything should be just fine. If you took two subscriptions, they charged you $40 = 2 x $20 subscription fee, which how it should be. Then every month, when figures are sent to you, they'll charge figure/figures + shipping for that month from your card (amount of money taken each month varies, depending on shipping and amount of figures sent to you that month).

    - Joni -
    Last edited by EuroCoin; September 10, 2010 at 09:42am.
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

    Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

    * My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

  4. #4
    son of Xemnoss Xetheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lots of different places
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    Based on your text/description everything should be just fine. If you took two subscriptions, they charged you $40 = 2 x $20 subscription fee, which how it should be. Then every month, when figures are sent to you, they'll charge figure/figures + shipping for that month from your card (amount of money taken each month varies, depending on shipping and amount of figures sent to you that month).

    - Joni -
    Thanx a lot Joni. I was just wondering, cos they charged the 2 sub fees now. But if that is how it works and they do not charge me again for the sub figs in April that is fine to me then.

    editionally: is it normal that my sub 11 order is stil showing status: "order submitted" and not "in process"...?
    Last edited by Xetheus; September 10, 2010 at 10:21am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #5
    The Original! guitargod694's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    Thanx a lot Joni. I was just wondering, cos they charged the 2 sub fees now. But if that is how it works and they do not charge me again for the sub figs in April that is fine to me then.
    Correct. You've been charged now for the subs.
    When the sub figures ship out, they will have already been paid for.
    So you'll get them along with that month's figures, but you're charge will only be for that month's figures.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    editionally: is it normal that my sub 11 order is stil showing status: "order submitted" and not "in process"...?
    I believe that is also normal.
    Bill :: guitargod694

  6. #6
    son of Xemnoss Xetheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lots of different places
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Correct. You've been charged now for the subs.
    When the sub figures ship out, they will have already been paid for.
    So you'll get them along with that month's figures, but you're charge will only be for that month's figures.



    I believe that is also normal.
    Thanx a lot guitargod694

  7. #7
    Sunflower Golden Lord josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA>WI>608>MSN
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Q. Does the subscription itself cost money?

    A. Yes, the subscription cost $20. This includes the cost of the exclusive Preternian He-Man figure and map.

    Q. I just got charged for my order, what gives this is a preorder?

    A. Mattel is charging for the subscription fee and authorizing the 1st month in order to validate your credit card. Many other companies do this for subscription services and it is not uncommon.

    The authorization is only temporary and should removed after a few business days, if that changes we will update so Orgers know for future subscriptions. Toyguru explains below

    So for example, if you ordered one subscription, you'll see a charge for $40 (plus tax and shipping, say $48.70).
    This is $20 for the subscription, plus a pre-authorization for the January figure with tax and shipping.
    After a couple business days, the pre-authorization part will fall off and you will be charged $20.
    Did anyone else get charged the $20 + ground shipping for their subscription? And no, I am not talking about the pre-authorization.

    I don't have an issue with it if it means the subscription exclusives are sent by themselves, but if they're combined with a figure we've already paid shipping for that's not going to go over well.

    And yes, I do plan on mentioning this on the Matty Collector forums when I get a good opportunity (and remember).
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

  8. #8
    The Original! guitargod694's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,188
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Did anyone else get charged the $20 + ground shipping for their subscription? And no, I am not talking about the pre-authorization.

    I don't have an issue with it if it means the subscription exclusives are sent by themselves, but if they're combined with a figure we've already paid shipping for that's not going to go over well.

    And yes, I do plan on mentioning this on the Matty Collector forums when I get a good opportunity (and remember).
    That's the first I've heard of it.
    I would definitely ask Matty about it on their forums.
    I would also double-check and make sure that wasn't from a SDCC item or the July figure.
    Some times those charges take a while to clear,
    so I'd just double-check all of those matty transactions and make sure they're all accounted for.
    Bill :: guitargod694

  9. #9
    Sunflower Golden Lord josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA>WI>608>MSN
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    That's the first I've heard of it.
    I would definitely ask Matty about it on their forums.
    I would also double-check and make sure that wasn't from a SDCC item or the July figure.
    Some times those charges take a while to clear,
    so I'd just double-check all of those matty transactions and make sure they're all accounted for.
    Well now I feel like an idiot. I could have sworn I double-checked, but I did look at the wrong charge. Which means I must have not double-checked both months since it falls so close to the end of the billing cycle.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

  10. #10
    The Original! guitargod694's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,188
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Well now I feel like an idiot. I could have sworn I double-checked, but I did look at the wrong charge. Which means I must have not double-checked both months since it falls so close to the end of the billing cycle.
    No worries... I'm just glad everything is ok. Nothing to be embarrassed about.
    That's why this community is here.
    Bill :: guitargod694

  11. #11
    MOTU Mini-Masters! Sllohcin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Camden East, Canada
    Posts
    3,332
    I ordered the 2011 sub. and just received confirmation for a single figure ($20, etc.)

    I was under the impression that beasts, etc. were included in this sub. Anybody know why Gygor (the cost) is not included? Does it happen later? Am I still in the 2010 sub. of which beasts are not included?
    Last edited by Sllohcin; September 13, 2010 at 06:34pm.
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

    My DeviantART

  12. #12
    The Original! guitargod694's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    I ordered the 2011 sub. and just received confirmation for a single figure ($20, etc.)

    I was under the impression that beasts, etc. were included in this sub. Anybody know why Gygor (the cost) is not included? Does it happen later? Am I still in the 2010 sub. of which beasts are not included?
    Yes, right now we're still in the 2010 sub, which means Gygor is NOT a sub figure.
    The first 2011 subscription figure is Bow in January.
    Bill :: guitargod694

  13. #13
    MOTU Mini-Masters! Sllohcin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Camden East, Canada
    Posts
    3,332
    Thanks for the heads up gg Much appreciated.
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

    My DeviantART

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    511
    It STILL makes no sense that the SDCC items (website versions) are excluded.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

    Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior SuperKnott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boyertown, PA
    Posts
    78
    So, it is to late to sign up for the 2011 club Eternia? I think that stinks like Stinkor.

  16. #16
    The Original! guitargod694's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,188
    Quote Originally Posted by brianknott View Post
    So, it is to late to sign up for the 2011 club Eternia? I think that stinks like Stinkor.
    Yeah, I think one of the biggest drawbacks to the subscription is that it is only available for a short time 6 months before it starts. I know it has to do with getting production numbers locked down, but it still is a bummer.
    Bill :: guitargod694

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior SuperKnott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boyertown, PA
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Yeah, I think one of the biggest drawbacks to the subscription is that it is only available for a short time 6 months before it starts. I know it has to do with getting production numbers locked down, but it still is a bummer.
    I saw the subscription was available fror a little longer this year, but didnt relize it was for 2011. Was this years more expensive than last years? Thanks

  18. #18
    The Original! guitargod694's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,188
    Quote Originally Posted by brianknott View Post
    I saw the subscription was available fror a little longer this year, but didnt relize it was for 2011. Was this years more expensive than last years? Thanks
    Well, that depends on what you mean by "this year" and "last year".
    I'll break it down by year..

    2009 Sub was just for the last 4 months of the year (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec) and did not cost anything beyond the $20 a pop for the those four figures.

    2010 Sub (this year) was/is all 12 monthly figures plus a $20 subscription fee (which covered the subscription figure and map). So that subscription would cost $20 at sign up, plus $240 over the course of 2010.

    2011 Sub (next year) includes all 12 monthly figures, plus 4 quarterly figures and 45 quarterly beasts plus $20 subscription fee (which covers the subscription figure and map). So that is $20 up front, and something like $450 over the course of 2011.

    So yes, the 2011 subscription costs more in total because there is more product,
    but the subscription fee is the same as 2010.
    Bill :: guitargod694

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior ralgonzo26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mission Texas
    Posts
    348

    MOTUC 2011 Sub Shipping Charges Question

    Hi,

    Forgive me if this question that I'm going to ask has already been covered. I've been searching here on the forums, and I have not found the answer to my question that I want to ask. To have a clear understanding of the 2011 sub, I wanted to ask here is that when Bow and the Shadow Beast go on sale in January as part of the 2011 motuc's subscription, will I have to pay double on shipping and handling for both figures when that time arrives and for every other subscription figure afterwards? Or will the shipping charges be one charge for both figures starting in January? I do not have any problem what so ever in paying what I need to pay. Just would like to put this question that's bugging me to rest. If anyone has any knowledge of what I speak of, it would be great to here some insight and it would be greatly be appreciated too. Again my apologies if this has already been asked before.


    Thanks.


    Ral

  20. #20
    Profanity Bleeper EuroCoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kajaani, Finland
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by ralgonzo26 View Post
    Hi,

    Forgive me if this question that I'm going to ask has already been covered. I've been searching here on the forums, and I have not found the answer to my question that I want to ask. To have a clear understanding of the 2011 sub, I wanted to ask here is that when Bow and the Shadow Beast go on sale in January as part of the 2011 motuc's subscription, will I have to pay double on shipping and handling for both figures when that time arrives and for every other subscription figure afterwards? Or will the shipping charges be one charge for both figures starting in January? I do not have any problem what so ever in paying what I need to pay. Just would like to put this question that's bugging me to rest. If anyone has any knowledge of what I speak of, it would be great to here some insight and it would be greatly be appreciated too. Again my apologies if this has already been asked before.


    Thanks.


    Ral
    Bow and Shadowbeast will be shipped and charged together, and whenever there are multiple subscription items released together in same month, those will also be shipped and charged together.

    - Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

    Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

    * My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior AdultCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,826
    So will I be able to purchase Grizzlor even without a subscription, by purchasing it through the Web site on Nov. 15 9 a.m. Pacific time? It has a Club Eternia logo. If I am able to purchase it that way, then why is it considered a Club Eternia product? What makes it so special?

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior Hosed Ovor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    So will I be able to purchase Grizzlor even without a subscription, by purchasing it through the Web site on Nov. 15 9 a.m. Pacific time? It has a Club Eternia logo. If I am able to purchase it that way, then why is it considered a Club Eternia product? What makes it so special?
    Yes, if Grizzlor doesn't sell out before you get the chance. What makes it so special and a Club Eternia product, you ask?

    That's an easy one. The combination of sloppy paint, loose joints, and reversed shoulders. If you are really lucky you may even get the chase version with a cracked chest.

  23. #23
    Profanity Bleeper EuroCoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kajaani, Finland
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    If I am able to purchase it that way, then why is it considered a Club Eternia product? What makes it so special?
    Like it was said in the previous post, yes, you are able to buy him on November sale date.

    "Club Eternia™ Monthly Figure" is there only to tell to subscribers, which figure(s) are sent to them automatically.

    - Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

    Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

    * My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

  24. #24
    Heroic Painting Warrior GLJossan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Behind Sorceress' shower curtain with a camera... Better known as NJ.
    Posts
    389

    I have a question about subscriptions...

    Hey, this will be my first time doing a subscription, I got both the Ecto-1 and Eternia... Kind of having buyers remorse on the Ecto-1 sub already... but any way onto my question...

    How does the payment work, do they automatically charge your card or do they send you a notice to do a check out at Matty's site? And also if it IS an automatic charge, when does it happen each month?

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior kk2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scheveningen, The Netherlans
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by GLJossan View Post
    Hey, this will be my first time doing a subscription, I got both the Ecto-1 and Eternia... Kind of having buyers remorse on the Ecto-1 sub already... but any way onto my question...

    How does the payment work, do they automatically charge your card or do they send you a notice to do a check out at Matty's site? And also if it IS an automatic charge, when does it happen each month?
    Once a month, usually a few days before the figures go on sale, you'll receive a renewal notice. You only get this if you got enough credit, if not they'll try again a few days later.
    I always make sure my credit is sufficient at the 10th of the month. After the renewal notice you get a shipping confirmation, at that time your creditcard will be charged...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •