Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Teela Gets a Two-Pack...

If Teela Gets a Two-Pack...

*** Post here if you wish to support getting Teela in a Toys R Us two-pack next year!

If Teela gets a two-pack treatment (possibly in 2011, after the next two being released in quarter one) how would you prefer her to appear? What variance on her design would make you grab one up?

1. Which head?

2. What color variations?

3. What weapon(s)?

4. Would you buy it if there is no upgrade on the female figure quality issues?

5. Who should she be packed in with to battle?

What are your thoughts? I have mine, and I'd like to hear what all the opinions are. There are many media versions of Teela, but it seems a given that they would release her with one of the two already existing heads.

[ o o o Why does SHE get all the attention around here?]
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I say regular head with blonde hair, sword and shield, mini-comic colors, and she should be battling Bat Girl as I think Duncan will probably be battling Batman.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Let's see....

Blonde hair, red boots,
    don't care about accessories
    and
    she should be packaged with Wonder Woman!

He-Man, Man-At-Arms and TEELA are the big three, the Superman, Batman and WONDER-WOMAN of MOTU!
    Not She-Ra! She can have Supergirl.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

If Teela gets a two-pack treatment (possibly in 2011, after the next two being released in quarter one) how would you prefer her to appear? What variance on her design would make you grab one up?

1. Which head?

Ponytail head.

Yellow in place of gold, in line with the comic-like appearance of the sets thus far.

3. What weapon(s)?

Ka, her magical staff, in marroon.

I have no problem with the female figures, so yes!!!

Batgirl! (Babs.) (With a batarang.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Like many, I could see her with blond hair this time around, with red weapon and armor accessories.
    I would also assume she'd have the nicer, more pliable dress like Evil Lyn had.
    That would be the first two pack I'd buy if she came with those changes.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

My IDEAL version of a proposed ToysRUs Teela would be:

1. Pony Tail head.
    2. Bright red hair, LIGHTER complexion, and the same gold paint they used on her 200X figure.
    3. Her sword and shield.
    4. Soft plastic on the loin-feathers, better neck peg would be NICE. But I'd buy her without changes, begrudgingly.
    5. She could be packed in with the talking piece of poo from South Park and I'd still buy her, so I don't care what superhero she battles. Hidey Hi!
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; August 13, 2010 at 05:45pm.

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I say regular head with blonde hair, sword and shield, mini-comic colors, and she should be battling Bat Girl as I think Duncan will probably be battling Batman.
    ^^This! Exactly.
    A minicomic- painted shield would be nice. And definitely Batgirl.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    1. Pony-tail head.

2. Brown hair and boots (the original toy variant. Blonde should be the long hair one...which wouldn't be a repaint).

3. Red shield, staff and snake headress

Yes, but it should be on a NEW female buck with new neck peg (which they made for She-Ra, but the factory screwed up and didn't include).

Definitely not Wonder Woman. She's perfectly matched for She-Ra in like...3 million different ways. Maybe Batgirl or Supergirl. Probably Batgirl though. She's a smart red-head, strong and a side-kick type character. Wonder Woman and Supergirl both have Super-human strength, like She-Ra and Teela's just a strong, regular woman.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Two thoughts, Darkspecter:

1. She already HAS brown hair and boots! Or at least, brown enough!

2. Where did you hear that there was an already existing new female buck? Rumors?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    *** Post here if you wish to support getting Teela in a Toys R Us two-pack next year!

1. Which head?
    The unhelmeted Teela head.

Make that Teela head blonde. Everything else can stay the same. Eyes, lips, cheeks, outfit.

3. What weapon(s)?
    Make her staff gold or orange, like the mini-comics. White and gold shield like in He-Man and the Power Sword. No armor.

Yes. After all, I can still use the head and weapons.

Wonder Woman. WW would kill her in a fight, but it isn't about that. They are both the first ladies of their universes.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    1. Which head?
    Strawberry Blonde LONG Hair (or Blonde, Red, whatever color as long if it's long hair )

Red Boots

3. What weapon(s)?
    Staff Of Ka in maroon

Yes... but only IF she has long hair

Wonder Woman!!!
    She-Ra would be perfectly matched up with Super Girl!!!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

1. Which head?

Ponytail head

Blonde hair, yellow detailing on outfit and reddish-brown boots

3. What weapon(s)?

Staff. Yellowish.

Yes, but really they need to make a good impression with the females at retail!

I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Tallstar; August 13, 2010 at 06:33pm.

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I definitely agree on the color scheme and agree with Batgirl, maybe even Donna Troy

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    Let's see....

Blonde hair, red boots,
    and

He-Man, Man-At-Arms and TEELA are the big three, the Superman, Batman and WONDER-WOMAN of MOTU!
    Also agree with the Wonder Woman idea, as long as I get a chance to get both Teela and She-Ra (missed them both) I don't really care who they're packed with as long as its either Wonderwoman, Batgirl, Donna Troy, or Supergirl.
    Last edited by Muscle of Grayskul; August 13, 2010 at 06:30pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Wow, there is alot of different ideas already for how Teela should be Toy-R-Us-ed.

I'm not sure if they would do a blonde Teela at retail. Wouldn't they want to give her the signature red hair to make her recognizable to people being re-introduced to her at retail?

first, I would never buy this pack unless they fix ALL of the female figure problems first. Now, if they fix it:

She should have her blonde tiara head AND The helmeted head with bright red armor. It's extra, but batgirl could come with nothing (she doesn't need the batarang).

She should come with the staff and shield in bright red too.

I think they have to do this because the Teeka they do as a variant on mattycollector could have the dc bikini body with the female motu belt/furry shorts. She could also have the reg long blonde hair head.

Of course they could just give us the Snake armored Teela eith bright red armor and weapons and save the blonde tiara head for the dc teela variant we could get.
    Last edited by bcrduke; August 13, 2010 at 06:41pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Wow, there is alot of different ideas already for how Teela should be Toy-R-Us-ed.

I'm not sure if they would do a blonde Teela at retail. Wouldn't they want to give her the signature red hair to make her recognizable to people being re-introduced to her at retail?
    I understand what you're saying, you have a good point, but I also think Mattel, as seen with Merman, want to incorporate the mini-comic paint schemes as releases to entice those who already have the figures to buy the repaint, if they leave her hair red I think they'd have less collectors who have the other figure pick it up. I for one missed Teela the first time so I'll be getting her regardless of her hair color
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Brian, do you think Mattel would do any new tooling for Teela at retail? The first four figures suggest a "straight-up repaint" approach....

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    She should have her blonde tiara head AND The helmeted head with bright red armor. It's extra, but batgirl could come with nothing (she doesn't need the batarang).

She should come with the staff and shield in bright red too.
    All good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Like many, I could see her with blond hair this time around, with red weapon and armor accessories.
    I would also assume she'd have the nicer, more pliable dress like Evil Lyn had.
    That would be the first two pack I'd buy if she came with those changes.
    Good call Baena! Although I'll probably just be transplanting the blond haired one you painted on the upgraded dress.

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    Let's see....

Blonde hair, red boots,
    and

That is a VERY good point my friend, and TOTALLY dig your partial Teela description! I hope she resembles some of the mini-comic pictures....

1: Ponytail head
    2:Brighter red. (Almost Filmation bright) White and Bright Yellow (TRU 2 pack He-Man Arm bands yellow)
    3: Staff of Ka in a Reddish color.
    4: No problem
    5:Bat Babs
    (WW can wait for She-Ra)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    It didn't stop Mattel from doing alternate colors on Mer-Man. Aside from real old school fans, no one knows he was once blue.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Brian, do you think Mattel would do any new tooling for Teela at retail? The first four figures suggest a "straight-up repaint" approach....
    I don't think they would do new tooling. That's why I think they would dobDC bikini Teela as a Quarterly variant, but not as a TRU excluisve. I hope DC Teela IS coming because it would mean a new female buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    All good ideas.
    Whyyyyy thank ya! Lol
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Two thoughts, Darkspecter:

1. She already HAS brown hair and boots! Or at least, brown enough!

2. Where did you hear that there was an already existing new female buck? Rumors?
    Her hair's red.

I can't find a picture of brown hair Teela, but it's the colour of King Randor and He-Ro.

There is no female buck 2.0 (yet, at least), but there is for sure a new female neck peg. Toyguru confirmed the factory screwed up and didn't include the new peg on She-Ra.

I forgot to put the link to the She-Ra and Wonder Woman thread so everyone can read everyone's thoughts on that pack...and how everything with Wonder Woman and She-Ra are basically the same.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=194114
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 13, 2010 at 08:59pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I for one disagree that Teela should be paired with Wonder Woman. Sure Teela has tremendous fighting skill but she poses no super powers or strength against the likes of Wonder Woman. Batgirl would be the best match for Teela. She-Ra is a more suitable match for Wonder Woman.

Also, did DC ever make a Raven figure? I don't collect them so I'm not sure. If so I see that as a perfect match to a Filmation colored Evil-Lyn.
    View my collection and customs HERE!