Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Teela Gets a Two-Pack...

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I for one disagree that Teela should be paired with Wonder Woman. Sure Teela has tremendous fighting skill but she poses no super powers or strength against the likes of Wonder Woman. Batgirl would be the best match for Teela. She-Ra is a more suitable match for Wonder Woman.
    Surely Supergirl's the best match for She-Ra, especially in the context of Superman/He-Man.

She-Ra is the same power level as He-Man! So if He-Man get Superman She-Ra should get Wonder Woman in a two pack. Teela & Wonder Woman make no sense as a 2 pack. I love Teela but she does not stack up to She-Ra in any way shape or form. Teela has no magical powers she is mearly a gifted worrior with great acrobatic skill. Wonder Woman is a being with god like power that is on par with Superman., like She-Ra is on par with He-Man! She-Ra and WW are THE ideal match up. Teela would present no challange for WW in physical or magical terms. I think Bat girl or Cat woman would be a fantastic pairing for Teela in a two pack. She needs to be matched with a character she has an equal footing with. Otherwise whats the point, it's a foregon conclusion that the DC character will win.
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 14, 2010 at 12:45pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I really hope that they do not put Teela with Wonder Woman and I cant see them wanting the top DC female been paired with anyone but She-Ra.

She-Ra vs Wonder Woman all the way! Teela can have Batgirl or how about having her take on Robin!
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Saurod

Poor Teela. Always playing second fiddle to that spin-off character She-Ra.

You don't see Scarlett playing second fiddle to Cover Girl, or Baroness playing second fiddle to Zarana. Or even Wonder Woman playing second fiddle to Supergirl.

Teela is the leading lady of MOTU. She was here first. That's enough to put here with WW.
    Who cares about power levels? With that logic X-Men and Street Fighter would never be able to have a crossover, because the X-Men characters would wipe the floor with the SF characters, but Capcom made it work.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Teela may have been there first (and full respect to the character for that) but she has never been a brand leader. She is not an icon, but She-Ra is, in a similar way that Diana is! Teela's character never had the exposure She-Ra did. She might have been designed & produced first, but that does not make her the first lady (as in top governing lady) of the brand. That is She-Ra's title alone.

The three most important key characters in the entire MOTU universe are He-Man, She-Ra & Skeletor. This is due to their key leading positions in the previous toylines and the heavy murchendising focusing on He-Man and She-Ra alone in the 80's. Teela IS important, but arguably she is not top tier, but She-Ra clearly is!!! He-Man, She-Ra & Skeletor alone are remembered by the average jo and still have face value in the public eye, Teela does not have this luxury.

With He-Man facing Superman it's clear MOTU's top tier is facing DC's top tier. She-Ra faceing Wonder Woman would be the most appropiate and fitting way to continue this trend. Arguably the five words most people (who are not fans) would probably associate with MOTU are He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Castle Grayskull & Battle Cat! She-Ra is the more prominent & powerful famale character in the MOTU Universe, making her the appropiate character to stand next to Wonder Woman (DC's top female character) in a DCUC two pack.
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 14, 2010 at 03:57pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Teela may have been there first (and full respect to the character for that) but she has never been a brand leader. She is not an icon, but She-Ra is, in a similar way that Diana is! Teela's character never had the exposure She-Ra did. She might have been designed & produced first, but that does not make her the first lady (as in top governing lady) of the brand. That is She-Ra's title alone.

The three most important key characters in the entire MOTU universe are He-Man, She-Ra & Skeletor. This is due to their key leading positions in the previous toylines and the heavy murchendising focusing on He-Man and She-Ra alone in the 80's. Teela IS important, but arguably she is not top tier, but She-Ra clearly is!!! He-Man, She-Ra & Skeletor alone are remembered by the average jo and still have face value in the public eye, Teela does not have this luxury.

With He-Man facing Superman it's clear MOTU's top tier is facing DC's top tier. She-Ra faceing Wonder Woman would be the most appropiate and fitting way to continue this trend. Arguably the five words most people (who are not fans) would probably associate with MOTU are He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Castle Grayskull & Battle Cat! She-Ra is the more prominent & powerful famale character in the MOTU Universe, making her the appropiate character to stand next to Wonder Woman (DC's top female character) in a DCUC two pack.
    Great post Angel-T
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List

Your description of She-Ra doesn't apply here in the countries of the old Yugoslavia.
    Back than we had He-Man comics, the He-Man cartoon, the He-Man toyline (both vintage and NA)...
    Absolutely NO trace of She-Ra. Imagine my surprise when I came to this site back in 2004 and finding out there was a "girl He-Man" cartoon.
    She-Ra may mean something to you, but to me she means nothing.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    Your description of She-Ra doesn't apply here in the countries of the old Yugoslavia.
    Back than we had He-Man comics, the He-Man cartoon, the He-Man toyline (both vintage and NA)...
    Absolutely NO trace of She-Ra. Imagine my surprise when I came to this site back in 2004 and finding out there was a "girl He-Man" cartoon.
    You never had the She-Ra cartoon? They didn't air the "Power Hour" He-Man episode and then a She-Ra one? They didn't have Secret of The Sword movie either?

If that's the case, you guys were ROBBED!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    It's not really suprising that the POP show wasn't aired in many parts of Eastern Europe, just think of the messages and themes conveyed in the POP cartoon. The empowerment of women, even to suggest that a woman could be the equal (if not the better) of a man, even the most powerful man in the universe. Society being held down by an opressive dictator & punishing regime. Finally the rebellion of those who did not agree with the crushing status quo fighting for their freedom.

Whatever she means to either of us, She-Ra happened and in a big way, a FAR bigger way than Teela! Teela is great I love the character, but she does not stand up to She-Ra! Mattel has invested a hell of a lot more in She-Ra over the years, she fronted her own cartoon and was the key character in her own toyline. Unless I happened to miss the "Teela and the Royal Guards of Eternia" cartoon!

Much more emphesis of importance in the 80's was placed on She-Ra. The Princess of Power being included in the two pack would also help to insure better sales for Mattel. The general public would be more likely to remember She-Ra over Teela, as she was promoted much more back in the day hopefully meaning parents and collectors in general would be more likely to pick it up as they would be more familure with the characters! I would also imagine this two pack would appeal to Mothers who grew up with She-Ra and Diana and little girls who came across it in TRU. It really would be something very special if it was She-Ra vs WW IMO
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 14, 2010 at 11:41pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    You never had the She-Ra cartoon? They didn't air the "Power Hour" He-Man episode and then a She-Ra one? They didn't have Secret of The Sword movie either?

If that's the case, you guys were ROBBED!
    Uh, this isn't exactly unusual.

In Europe, for example, the Filmation show was only shown very spottily on public access TV. In Scandinavia you could only get it via Satellite telly from the UK or on VHS tapes.

Furthermore, not all toy brands are distributed in all countries even if they're out in the US. Princess of Power was to my knowledge only marketed very spottily in Europe, and in the countries where it WAS sold, it bombed horribly. In the UK, the PoP magazine died several years before the MOTU one, for instance. For the most part Europe went unbroken from MOTU to New Adventures, with She-Ra being only a minor footnote.

I know Secret of the Sword and the Christmas Special were out on VHS here, but that was all I ever saw of She-Ra as a kid.

So forgive us if we don't really have an equally big attachment to that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

In Europe, for example, the Filmation show was only shown very spottily on public access TV. In Scandinavia you could only get it via Satellite telly from the UK or on VHS tapes.

Furthermore, not all toy brands are distributed in all countries even if they're out in the US. Princess of Power was to my knowledge only marketed very spottily in Europe, and in the countries where it WAS sold, it bombed horribly. In the UK, the PoP magazine died several years before the MOTU one, for instance. For the most part Europe went unbroken from MOTU to New Adventures, with She-Ra being only a minor footnote.

I know Secret of the Sword and the Christmas Special were out on VHS here, but that was all I ever saw of She-Ra as a kid.

I live in the UK and She-Ra was on TV for a long time, it was repeated many times I used to watch it on sky as a kid all the time. There was her own series of Ladybird books also and the toys and videos were everywhere just like the MOTU ones. She-Ra might not have been big in Sweden but she was in the UK.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    I live in the UK and She-Ra was on TV for a long time, it was repeated many times I used to watch it on sky as a kid all the time. There was her own series of Ladybird books also and the toys and videos were everywhere just like the MOTU ones. She-Ra might not have been big in Sweden but she was in the UK.
    I don't doubt she was, I am just saying that she wans't in most European countries. And as I said, other countries were dependant on your satellite TV to get Filmation at all

She-Ra happened in a big way in the UK, Italy, France and Germany. I remember the brands were promoted as one big superbrand. In my Tesco's MOTU toys were on one side of the isle and POP on the other. He-Man and She-ra murchendising be that Comics, Books, stationary, Games etc I always remember them being displayed side by side. Not to mention Power Hour! For many fans like me trying to pick POP out of MOTU is like trying to seporate a bowl of fish hooks, it just can't be done as it's all just one big fantastic mess. But each to his own I suppose!

Thanks for the info Sandman. That's interesting info.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

She-Ra happened in a big way in the UK, Italy, France and Germany. I remember the brands were promoted as one big superbrand. In my Tesco's MOTU toys were on one side of the isle and POP on the other. He-Man and She-ra murchendising be that Comics, Books, stationary, Games etc I always remember them being displayed side by side. Not to mention Power Hour! For many fans like me trying to pick POP out of MOTU is like trying to seporate a bowl of fish hooks, it just can't be done as it's all just one big fantastic mess. But each to his own I suppose!

Yeah, I don't doubt that's what it was like in the UK, but in Germany and France PoP was around for around 1-1.5 years only, and in other countries not at all. The UK was a pretty unique case when it came to successful PoP marketing

Yeah, I don't doubt that's what it was like in the UK, but in Germany and France PoP was around for around 1-1.5 years only, and in other countries not at all. The UK was a pretty unique case when it came to successful PoP marketing
    POP was massive in Italy and I wan't to say Brazill, but I'm not sure on that one, Alessandra could confirm this, I am sure she told me it was huge in Brazil when she was growing up!

POP was massive in Italy and I wan't to say Brazill, but I'm not sure on that one, Alessandra could confirm this, I am sure she told me it was huge in Brazil when she was growing up!
    Well, there you go then. I'm pretty sure none of these places got the last wave of figures tho? Or are there documented cases of them outside North America?

Heroic Warrior
    If Teela gets a two-pack treatment (possibly in 2011, after the next two being released in quarter one) how would you prefer her to appear? What variance on her design would make you grab one up?

1. Which head?

Ponytail head.

2. What color variations?

Gold details identical to the original release, the only color variations I'd want would be to her hair, make her blonde and her weapons: red/brown staff to match the original toy release and gold shield to match some of the concept art for ear Teela in the mini-comics.

3. What weapon(s)?

Ka, her magical staff, in red/brown like original toy and her shield in Gold to match her body armor detail.

4. Would you buy it if there is no upgrade on the female figure quality issues?

I have no problem with the female figures, so yes!!!

5. Who should she be packed in with to battle?

Wonder Woman

Yes, PoP was massive in Brazil as well. There are a few threads about that in the vintage MOTU forum. Some singer even made a PoP song and music video apparently. I didn't watch the YouTube link yet.

Well, there you go then. I'm pretty sure none of these places got the last wave of figures tho? Or are there documented cases of them outside North America?
    Spinnerella was basically only available in Canada and Europe (UK, Germany, Italy). That's all I can remember. European fans always talk about the plentiful Spinnerellas. The last wave basically didn't make it to the U.S. Just like the last figures in the 200X line. Some U.S. fans found things at discount stores though.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 14, 2010 at 10:35pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You bring up an interesting point.
    Some years ago my local TV network showed reruns of the old He-Man cartoon. The show was dubbed here with our own actors. As I took a look in the TV guide, I was shocked to see that only 13 episodes of the show were actually dubbed and aired. 13 out of 160!

As for She-Ra, perhaps if I knew about her back as a kid I might have more of an attachment today, but alas it didn't happen. So to me personally, Teela remains the undisputed number one lady.

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    I just hope we get them both it doesn't matter to me who is packed with wonder woman as long as we get them. I can see them releasing them in the same wave, one with wonder woman, one with either Supergirl, Batgirl, or another female DC superhero. I'm can see an Evil-lyn with Harley Quinn set too maybe
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

I'm afraid I've always considered She-Ra as a bit of an also-run when compared to Teela. However, the fact is that all the MOTU and POP characters are a bunch of nobodies to almost all kids these days. The MYP cartoon finished seven years ago; aside from collectors and thirty-somethings does anyone remember them?

I'd rather see Teela packaged with Wonder Woman, and She-Ra with Supergirl. But I'm not particularly bothered by the in-pack pairings. I'm only buying the sets for the MOTUC repaint after all.

To answer the other questions:

Which head?

I would love to see a Teela with long hair in this release. Not the long pony-tail from the 200X figure, but sort of hair we saw in the DC Comics and original mini-comics. I know this is a vain hope, as these figures won't have any new tooling. So I'll plump for the non-helmeted head from Teela's original release.

Colour variations

Blonde hair. That goes without saying, I think. Beyond that, the other decos can stay the same.

Weapons

Sword and shield, as she appeared in the Ordeal of Man-E-Faces mini-comic. That's a standard short sword (much like the one from the weapon pak) and a round shield. I don't see the point of including the snake staff.

Would you buy it if there is no upgrade on the female figure quality issues?

Yes, of course I would. I'm hooked on this line. However, I would be disappointed. As a minimum I would expect the same pliable outfit and freedom of movement enjoyed by Evil Lyn. If a new female buck has been created before this two-pack is released, then I would like to see that buck used in the two-pack.

Is everyone wanting a blonde Teela to make Teela-Na, or is it just an interest in the nod to the mini-comics?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I am actually hoping Mattel produce a specific Teelana figure. I would really love 2K Teelana in MOTUC style, hopefully Pravhus will come soon as well then I can recreate that killer arial battle from MYP!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I don't see why she shouldn't be part of a two-pack!

1. I'd like to see both heads, but if I had to choose, the one with the snake headdress.

2. Not sure, blonde Teela would probably demand a somewhat different body sculpt, so I guess brown hair.

3. Her staff

4. Probably, but I would prefer they do something about the neck problem!

5. Black Canary. I saw this in another MOTUC vs DCUC thread and I think it's an excellent choice! (Otherwise I say Batgirl)
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon