Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No more 200x style extra heads???...

No more 200x style extra heads???...

I'm seriously disappointed by this...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/6561032246

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    :
    Hey gang,

Finally through the work that piled up while I was at SDCC. I wanted to give a few quick updates to the figures shown at the con.

Battle Armor Skeletor: He will indeed have three chest plates just like BA He Man. The Horsemen just had not finished sculpting them in time for the show. He will also come with the standard "He-Man" battle axe in purple, just as fans have asked for. Finally, we will paint his feet purple with black toe nails also per fan request. I know some fans also asked for the Hordak feet, but this was not possible this time around.

Grayskull: The pain job is final. We know some fans are asking for other paint schemes, but quite frankly we really like this one. The red cape with flocking and silver highlights on the armor and chest piece really pop. The cape also references the vintage art on the package. This does not mean we can't do another color scheme of Grayskull down the road, but for now we are set. Also, his boots will be the same as the original release. The kit bashed model for the show had the wrong boots.

Preternia Disguise He-Man: We spoke to the Horsemen and we are going to change the wrist bands to the Tri-Klops wrists to be more accurate to the comic design.

Roboto: We are looking into the possibility of making both hands removable. It my be too late on this go around, but we are looking into it.

Palace Guards: The guards will indeed have the Keldor boots as the Horsemen designed. The kit based version used for SDCC was incorrect. Also, we bumped up the gold highlights a bit on the chest piece. It looks really great! The guards have also moved to December due to the boot change.

King Hssss: His jaw will be hinged and the Snake heads will be articulated (sorta like Clayface's arms or Plastic Man's neck).

As far as a few other issues, I know a lot of fans are asking about the "lack of females". While we did not show any females at SDCC, there will be more females in 2011 then we did in 2010. We just did not have any slotted for Jan - March. There are still plenty of monthly figs to go and A-list variant slots as well. A lot more of 2011 is left to reveal! Stay tuned.

Fans are also asking about "200X" elements. I will tell you that after the Marzo head, management asked us specifically to pull back on the amount of "anime hyper detail elements" in the sculpts. Also, after the second Whiplash head, we were asked to pull back on second heads that are purley 200X inspired. That "look" and interpretation" is retired.

We will continue to do second heads when there is a compelling reason (like for Mer-Man or Man-At-Arms), but we will be pulling back from extra heads simply to add in 200X elements (like with Whiplash).

The Horsemen often sculpt extra heads and accessories then asked for(they actually did three heads for Bow) but with the direction from management to move away from 200X elements and the general high cost of extra heads (due to all the paint ops) we will only do second heads when it is really compelling. You won't see second heads just to do a 200X homage. This line is all about the "classic" vintage look. You'll see some 200X elements (like Webstor's arms) but not a second 200X head as that interpretation is retired.

A lot more great toys are coming, we're only getting warmed up!

Hope all this helped clarify!

Scott
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Toyguru: No 200X heads anymore in the future!

From the Mattycollector-Forums:
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    Fans are also asking about "200X" elements. I will tell you that after the Marzo head, management asked us specifically to pull back on the amount of "anime hyper detail elements" in the sculpts. Also, after the second Whiplash head, we were asked to pull back on second heads that are purley 200X inspired. That "look" and interpretation" is retired.

We will continue to do second heads when there is a compelling reason (like for Mer-Man or Man-At-Arms), but we will be pulling back from extra heads simply to add in 200X elements (like with Whiplash).

The Horsemen often sculpt extra heads and accessories then asked for(they actually did three heads for Bow) but with the direction from management to move away from 200X elements and the general high cost of extra heads (due to all the paint ops) we will only do second heads when it is really compelling. You won't see second heads just to do a 200X homage. This line is all about the "classic" vintage look. You'll see some 200X elements (like Webstor's arms) but not a second 200X head as that interpretation is retired.
    I am so ... disappointed right know!

Definitely disappointing to hear that about the 200X-inspired heads, but it is what it is. A lot of great info in here, though; thanks for posting Kuzeh. If this is old, I'd missed it. Again, great news on the amount of females in 2011; more than 2010, huh? Begs the question of whether or not he's including reissues in total. We had 3 in '10, so we could see 4 in '11?! Hmm...methinks that doesn't sound right (although I'd love it if so).
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Crud. I was hoping to get at least second heads for Clawful and Buzz-Off.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Warrior
    I think this is crap about the heads but great news about Hssss
    "A Race 2 What And Where We Going?
    We In The Same Boat
    But Eye'M The Only One Rowin
    Last Time Eye Checked U Were Sleepin'
    …but U Can Call Me A Dreamer 2"

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I have no problems with that. As long as I'm getting the figures, we cool.

But I ask you readers to consider this: Why would they do that? I'm saying here and now there is more to this than what they are saying.

If I was a betting man, I would say there's a new line coming.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

so goodbye to Buzz-Off's possible 200x head.

i'm not surprised. but it's really uncool and unprofessional to make a few 200x heads (or "modernized" heads, like Moss Man's) and then in the middle just take them away... They should have thought about this in the beginning and just NOT offer them from the start.

very uncoool.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

They should have told us before the 2011 subs at least

Edit: No not but

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    The really big problem with this message is that MATTEL IS CONTRADICTING ITSELF! Why do I say that? Because Carnivus is coming out, and as far as I know, he's a character that ONLY appeared in the Mike Young Productions cartoon!
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Now I'm not a massive 2K fan, POP is my bag. But what harm does producing these little homages to 2K here and there do to the line? In my oppinion this just sounds like upper management cutting of it's own nose to spite it's face. Fan's like these little 2K additions, it makes the figures feel that little bit more deluxe IMO and arguably allows 2K fans to become involved and invested in collecting the line. I get that the focus of the line is the classics. But the odd homage isn't hurting any one. Just my 2 cents worth!

Man I wanna see that 3rd bow head!
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 14, 2010 at 01:02am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This is pure and utter garbage! Fans were asked what we wanted: mini-comics or extra heads. We voted. Extra heads won. Now we will be getting LESS extra heads? This means less for the same amount of money. Will they be including mini-comics to offset this?

This is COMPLETELY unacceptable to drop this massive bombshell on fans/collectors/paying customers directly after so many people have signed on for a year-long subscription they're locked into!

We were promised extra heads, we came to EXPECT extra 200X heads (based on precedence in this toyline)...and now told otherwise after we have handed over all our money.

Also, we have been told a million different ways how "classics" is only a name. Now we're being told classics MEANS classics?!

What about 200X Adam, Evil-Lyn and the Sorceress, which we were also more or less promised? What does this mean for them? A LOT of fans passed on Evil-Lyn because they were waiting for the 200X one, which many PREFER to the yellow and blue one?
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 14, 2010 at 01:02am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Wow. That... that sucks.

Eat it, Mattel.

We'd better start getting more than 2 accessories per pack. You got my $20 a month already, Scott. Don't make me regret it!

I'm sure Toyguru knows a lot of backlash is coming...
    makes you wonder why he announced this on a Friday night...
    bad move Mattel... bad move...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    You will still see 200X characters and 200X versions of characters (i.e. Sorceress, Randor) but they will be in "Classics" style, similar to Carnivus or Grayskull (or Marzo minus the flowing hair).

We'll also still do second heads for characters like Moss Man or Stinkor who's vintage head was a repaint. Really, the only character to have a true "200X" head was Whiplash. So there really wasn't a huge trend we are breaking here. A trend of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    This is COMPLETELY unacceptable to drop this massive bombshell on fans/collectors/paying customers directly after so many people have signed on for a year-long subscription they're locked into!
    Whoa, we need to stop right there! Like I said it is sad we won't get the 200X stuff because I am a declared fan of the 200X era, but these additons are not the reason I'm buying the figures.

Just imagine the outcry, if the line got cancelled for beeing to expensive. Just sit back and wait. Toyguru is a 200X fan, too and I'm pretty sure, he will try to find a way to give us extra heads somewhere in the future. Head-Packs for example or completely revised 200X characters like Evil-Lyn, King Hsss or 200X Prince Adam.

Just be patient before we start to beat a dead horse again.

EDIT:

DANG! Scott beat me to it!
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Wow, reason 900 to not collect anymore.

Bad paint, bad ankles, and now lack of letting us choose how to display our masters. Buzz off's head really sucks, hes the one I wanted to see have a 200x head.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    You will still see 200X characters and 200X versions of characters (i.e. Sorceress, Randor) but they will be in "Classics" style, similar to Carnivus or Grayskull (or Marzo minus the flowing hair).

We'll also still do second heads for characters like Moss Man or Stinkor who's vintage head was a repaint. Really, the only character to have a true "200X" head was Whiplash. So there really wasn't a huge trend we are breaking here. A trend of one.
    Thanks for coming in and clarifying a bit, TG; it is appreciated (and on a Friday night, no less). I think the GREAT news here is that we can still expect characters like Randor, Sorceress, etc to still be made. Good news about new heads for the vintage repaints ala Moss Man and Stinkor; who else falls into that category, anybody know?
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    wow.. this really really sucks. Nice of this to come up after subs are done and purchased. These are 20 dollar adult collectables! We voted a while back on whether we wanted Heads or Comics. We chose heads. Because we like both the 200X and the Vintage style represented in classics. We don't want a 2nd 200X head on -every- figure.. but it's really cool when we get it. I was blown away by that head at NYCC. That was the biggest reveal IMO that day was the 2nd head of whiplash. lol.

.....so if the 2nd heads are too expensive, are we gonna get our mini comics now!?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

Thanks TG, My 1st thought was of Mossman whos 2nd head is superb, I dont wanna miss out on things like that.

Its interesting to see that Marzo has rankled because of his hair, it still sort of bugs me -which is why hes at the back of the display. but also a shame that his getting through with the overdone hair sculpt has caused trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    Thanks for coming in and clarifying a bit, TG; it is appreciated (and on a Friday night, no less). I think the GREAT news here is that we can still expect characters like Randor, Sorceress, etc to still be made. Good news about new heads for the vintage repaints ala Moss Man and Stinkor; who else falls into that category, anybody know?
    I think the only head sculpt reuse were Mossman and Stinkor! thankfully, other than that they all got new head sculpts!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; August 14, 2010 at 01:19am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Even so, we were asked which one we wanted, extra heads or mini-comics, and we said heads. Also, certain characters, like Roboto and Buzz Off could really, really, use that extra head. There is a lot of disappointment on the heads for both of these characters, and extra heads would go a long way in adding percieved value to them. When paying $20+ a figure, the expectations are realistically high. I appreciate Mattel wants to reduce costs, but would adding an extra head to those two figures really reduce the net present value of the figures? Perhaps you should consider including a 200X inspired head when the design of that head differs significantly from the vintage head.

I'm not sure I see the need for the rage. Whiplash is the only figure we've gotten with a 200X head. And it SEEMS like the majority of fans are liking the vintage look anyway. I think it's neat he comes with the 200X head in a way, but if it's an added expense that could be used for another accessory elsewhere... I'm all for that.

Is there really even another character (not announced) that could come with a really different 200X head? We know Buzz-Off and Roboto aren't getting one. a Classics-ized 200X King Hsss could still be on the table... and there was even mention that they could do a new face for Grizzlor down the road.

I'm guessing it might not be totally off the table to do a more 200X-looking (but Classics-ized) version of figures - you'd just have to buy a whole new figure - down the road. Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by SSj3 Derek View Post
    Even so, we were asked which one we wanted, extra heads or mini-comics, and we said heads. Also, certain characters, like Roboto and Buzz Off could really, really, use that extra head. There is a lot of disappointment on the heads for both of these characters, and extra heads would go a long way in adding percieved value to them. When paying $20+ a figure, the expectations are realistically high. I appreciate Mattel wants to reduce costs, but would adding an extra head to those two figures really reduce the net present value of the figures?

But we are still getting extra heads... he mentions Stinkor. Just not 200X heads. And it's hard for me to look at Roboto or Buzz-Off and not think we're getting a lot of bang for our buck! Compare Buzz-Off to poor Stratos! Poor, accessory-less Stratos. Buzz-Off gets wings, 2 weapons and a helmet!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

That's good news about 200X characters.

Here's a list of 200X/MYP characters with different heads (rest of look is very similar though):

- Jitsu
    - MYP Clawful
    - Kobra Kahn's hood
    - Snake Face
    - Rio Blast
    - Tung Lashor
    - Snout Spout

Most of these characters don't look different enough to warrant a second, 200X figure (like the Sorceress, King Randor, etc.), but their heads are very different...which is why it would be fantastic to get an extra head.

Also, since Whiplash will be the last figure to get the 200X head, does this mean Grizzlor will no longer get his 200X head shown in Toyfare?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    This is pure and utter garbage! Fans were asked what we wanted: mini-comics or extra heads. We voted. Extra heads won. Now we will be getting LESS extra heads? This means less for the same amount of money. Will they be including mini-comics to offset this?
    That's right, I forgot about fans choosing extra heads over mini comics. I totally agree with you, I sure hope they include mini comics with the figs now.

Yeah, kinda funny how Mattel waited until after everyone purchased their subsciptions to drop this news.

Someday Mattel your corporate greed will get the best of you. And Toyguru, I know it's not your fault but Scott, but you know being Mattel's rep, you are going to take the lumps for it.

However,(I know I'm dreaming here) I would sure wish that Mattel is retiring the 200X elements because they are planning to bring back the stactions.
    One can always dream

Also, since Whiplash will be the last figure to get the 200X head, does this mean Grizzlor will no longer get his 200X head?
    What has been shown, will also get done.

We were promised extra heads, we came to EXPECT extra 200X heads (based on precedence in this toyline)...and now told otherwise after we have handed over all our money.

Also, we have been told a million different ways how "classics" is only a name. Now we're being told classics MEANS classics?!

What about 200X Adam, Evil-Lyn and the Sorceress, which we were also more or less promised? What does this mean for them? A LOT of fans passed on Evil-Lyn because they were waiting for the 200X one, which many PREFER to the yellow and blue one?
    Basically I agree with Darkspecter. Why did Mattel ask the fans whether they want extra heads? I thought it is fans who decided. This SUCKS so much I can't even describe it with words. And this happened AFTER I bought the subscription. Why wasn't this announced at SDCC? So is the MYP version of King Hsss in Classics style possible or not?

I can't see why Whiplash's 200X head is anime hyper detail. It has the same amount of detail as the vintage head!!! How about Grizzlor - is his 200X face hyper detail or not? This is RUBBISH!

I do not understand this even a little bit. What is the logic behind this? But it is SO dissapointing and frustrating and annoying.

Can we get a head-pack with 200X heads at least?
    Last edited by Sabretooth; August 14, 2010 at 01:27am.