Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FindMyOrder.com Loophole closed

Heroic Warrior

FindMyOrder.com Loophole closed

Greetings, folks. So, I've been cheating on the 15th of each month. Previously, if you went to findmyorder.com instead of mattycollector, you could order everything easily, no WSOD ever. I'd be in and out in two minutes.

Today? There's a message on findmyorder.com that says "you're not on Mattycollector.com and will not be able to complete your order."

Duh.

The direct Digital River page has the same notice on it.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    The direct Digital River page has the same notice on it.
    I tried to proceed with the order anyway. Didn't work.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    I was cheating too. Thats the only reason I was able to get Battle Cat and Tytus.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Glad i`m not the only one with that secret, did anyone actually try to put their order through? I went to matty and was in and out in 2 mins today with minimal WSOD, the only time i saw it was after i signed in right before entering my billing info

Since I can't haven't been able to get through the wall of the WSOD since 15 minutes til noon... I tried to go through the digital river link and I got my order completed. There was a warning screen, but I thought I could at least try. I can't believe it's been a half hour and some people are talking about having no screen at all or getting right through and I've been waiting forever.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I guess karma is a b****. After months of cheating the system to get in and out easily and quickly through findmyorder.com, I came up empty handed today. This comes at a time when I'm already losing interest in the line. Awesome.

ah so the secret is out!

Still managed to get my orders in via Matty today though.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Dirty rotten scoundrels!

I'm shocked.

I'm appalled.

I'm mostly glad that MY cheat still works.

Pays to be smart doesn't it!
    www.eamonart.com

As someone who didn't know about either loophole, I'm playing the world's tiniest violin for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    Well, I guess karma is a b****. After months of cheating the system to get in and out easily and quickly through findmyorder.com, I came up empty handed today. This comes at a time when I'm already losing interest in the line. Awesome.
    I was not going to miss out on Keldor, and Faker for the 2nd time. So I placed my order with them anyway. In and out within one minute, I got a confirmation email the next minute.

Then went to Matty's site, 20 minutes later placed another order and got a confirmation email 10 minutes later. Both my orders or in my order history on Matty's site. So I say the back door still works. But there were hiccups, DR was saying Keldor was available and She-ra was not, while Matty was not showing Keldor at all but still had She-ra available.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    I was not going to miss out on Keldor, and Faker for the 2nd time. So I placed my order with them anyway. In and out within one minute, I got a confirmation email the next minute.

Then went to Matty's site, 20 minutes later placed another order and got a confirmation email 10 minutes later. Both my orders or in my order history on Matty's site. So I say the back door still works. But there were hiccups, DR was saying Keldor was available and She-ra was not, while Matty was not showing Keldor at all but still had She-ra available.
    The real problem with mattycollector.com all along is that it randomly chooses who gets through and who doesn't. I went through the entire order process and submitted on findmyorder.com. ERROR! So, where you were successful, I was not. It would be nice if they would make up their minds. Lol.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Pays to be in the know doesn't it!
    fix'd

I've used this loophole since Man-At-Arms . It's funny everyone thinks its a secret - I first read about it on this forum, then started using this "backdoor" myself. I only screwed up on the fully flocked MossMan, because that day the figures went live early and I wasn't online quite yet, but I did get regular Mossy. I've seen the findmyorder.com trick mentioned lots of times on the forum, so I don't know why everyone hasn't been using it. I didn't notice that message until I was already on the submit order screen - its sat for a LONG time and finally I got an error message. So I hit Submit again and it sat for a LONG time again - I think it was like 10:15 MST after before I got a confirmation page and order number. I also confirmed that my order number was in their findmyorder system, but I was worried because I didn't get an instant email confirmation. But it finally came at 10:30 MST, so I guess the backdoor still works. All that waiting and the errors on the final page scared me though. I will post when I actually receive my figures, but I'm not too worried now.
    --- HERB HAZELTON passed away on December 24, 2002 after a long illness. Since 1964 he worked as a head model designer and layout artist for Cathedral Films, Grantray-Lawrence, Filmation, Ruby-Spears, Hanna-Barbera, New World, Universal, Adelaide and DreamWorks. His credits included The Batman/Superman Hour, Star Trek: TAS, He-Man, and She-Ra. --- Rest in peace and God bless, Uncle Herb.

Heroic Warrior

FMO loophole, really, REALLY closed?

Don't know if this is taboo to talk about this, but I can't be the only one who experienced this today...

Even though Mattel/Digital River reported "closing" the FMO loophole for ordering mattycollector.com figures, I (and I know others) was able to order Count Marzo and even Orko through FMO, even with a pop up warning me I wasn't on mattycollector.com and that I wouldn't be able to place my order. However, today, I was able to login and add Whiplash to my cart, but there wasn't a button for proceed to billing... Anybody else experience this? Anybody found a work around?

I sort of expected this to close eventually and the WSOD actually worked for me (), so I'm not raging about it, but just curious if anybody else found their backdoor slammed shut today...

What's FMO?

Quote Originally Posted by DJjoker182 View Post
    What's FMO?
    Find my order. A different website that is linked to mattycollector.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by 245am View Post
    ...Anybody else experience this? Anybody found a work around?
    I sort of expected this to close eventually and the WSOD actually worked for me (), so I'm not raging about it, but just curious if anybody else found their backdoor slammed shut today...
    Yeah, I had the same problem. I was all ready before the sale time, put the figures in my cart, the shopping cart page showed up and there was no "proceed" button. Realizing the backdoor had been truly closed this time, I quickly opened a new window and began my first WSOD horror. Finally on Matty's site, I was able to add the same figures to my cart, but then I got the constant refresh game. Unable to log in fast enough than the refresh, I finally did it with by quickly cutting and pasting my email and password from notepad. It took several tries to beat the refresh, kind of like a video game as some others have posted, but I did it. Then WSOD FOREVER! While I was waiting, I kept fiddling around with FindMyOrder in the original window and finally got a proceed button and completed my order (the other Matty window I had open still had the WSOD, but I didn't need it anymore and closed it). I'm not really sure what I did to get the proceed button to appear (maybe it was only temporarily missing due to a site glitch), but when it appeared I had been trying to paste the partial web address of the refreshing Matty screen (the part after mattycollector.com/) after the findmyorder.com/ . Whatever I did, FMO still worked for me...eventually. Although now that the FMO backdoor is causing problems, I wish I had ordered a subscription for next year now. Oh well, I snooze, I looze.
    --- HERB HAZELTON passed away on December 24, 2002 after a long illness. Since 1964 he worked as a head model designer and layout artist for Cathedral Films, Grantray-Lawrence, Filmation, Ruby-Spears, Hanna-Barbera, New World, Universal, Adelaide and DreamWorks. His credits included The Batman/Superman Hour, Star Trek: TAS, He-Man, and She-Ra. --- Rest in peace and God bless, Uncle Herb.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I guess everyone has to play the WSOD battle game from now on.

I wonder how this will affect the sales now that the FMA loophole is closed as I'm sure many resellers might have known
    about this and had an easy way to snatch the figures right under our noses while we were still waiting on the WSOD...

I had some problems with FMO way back with MAA.
    My order actually didn't go through so after that one failure I didn't trust it anymore
    and ever since I always used the original mattycollector website with all the RSOD/WSOD horrors.

I have to knock on wood that I didn't miss a single figure yet through mattycollector even though it's a tough and frustrating battle every time. The only figure I "missed" was due to mattycollector's mistake by not shipping me my Faker figure back in march 2009 and since it was "shipped with international ground", they couldn't care less about it no matter how many polite phone calls I had to make regardless. The order history showed clearly that Faker was back in their warehouse but they just ignored that
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I've been ordering via Matty now for the last four rounds and though I do get the WSOD, my order and a friend's still gets through.

Apple's Safari seems to work best. Some folks recommended Firefox but after multiple tests, Safari is the easily the winner.

Plus looking at the sales, i think the days of folks not getting their figures are finally coming to an end.
    Hope I didn't jinx that now!
    www.eamonart.com

You know what is funny? As many people thats bound to know about the backdoor, there was no WSOD on that section of the server. However, on the main server we got the WSOD. So the question should be asked, why is there even a WSOD when the direct link to Digital River's server worked?
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I'm reading this thread and I still don't get what the hell you mean by findmyorder.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I'm reading this thread and I still don't get what the hell you mean by findmyorder.
    It was an alternative web site address that went to Mattycollector.com. The benefit was that not many people used it, so there wasn't a WSOD and other problems. Now that link has been shut down, so we're all back to the usual struggle. Not that I ever had a chance to use it.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Well, we are not back to the same struggles are we given that they have up the quantities and stuff isn't gone in 15mins or less?!
    www.eamonart.com