Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible female characters

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

Possible female characters

Including only (a) characters Mattel officially has the rights to and (b) in the case of MYP females, following the same rules as the MYP thread, did I miss any out?

Done/announced:
    • Teela
    • Goddess
    • Evil-Lyn (yellow)
    • Adora
    • She-Ra (styleguide)
    • Catra (styleguide)

Characters not done at all:
    1. Queen Marlena
    2. Sorceress
    3. Hawke
    4. Queen Andreeno
    5. Queen Veena
    6. Entrapta
    7. Frosta
    8. Glimmer
    9. Queen Angella
    10. Castaspella
    11. Mermista
    12. Sweet Bee
    13. Netossa
    14. Spinnerella
    15. Double-Trouble
    16. Perfuma
    17. Peekablue
    18. Flutterina
    19. Starla
    20. Tallstar
    21. Jewelstar

Major variants not yet done include Evil-Lyn (MYP), Sorceress (MYP), She-Ra (toy) and Marlena (MYP S2, red/blue armour). [Not planning to keep a comprehensive list of these, it could get silly quickly, especially since most of the She-Ra characters would be duplicated.]
    Last edited by Reboot; February 10, 2011 at 12:45pm. Reason: Catra's been announced

Heroic Warrior
    So far, the following female characters have a live trademark :

- Sorceress

- Catra

- Sweet Bee

- Queen Marlena

That's 4 female figures SO FAR (August 2010)... Toyguru just said we'd get more female figures in 2011 than in 2010 (there were 3 in 2010, so that means minimum... 4 female figures in 2011).

Seems like we have here 4 figures. What a coincidence, huh ? I bet we'll see at least SOME of these (Sweet Bee, Queen Marlena, Catra, Sorceress) in 2011. Now, we'll have to remain vigilant and watch regularly when there are new female trademarks that are filed...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    23. Wize Old Wizardess (mini comics, basicall Light Hope and the Sorceress combined)
    24. Mara

I know you don't want a "variants list", but there isn't many:

Toy She-Ra
    Starburst She-Ra
    Bubble Power She-Ra

Styleguide Catra (Filmation Colours)
    Styleguide Catra (toy colours, shown riding Clawdeen)
    Toy Catra
    Shower Power Catra

EDIT: I had to delete the Star Sisters because you just added them.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    24. Mara
    Is Mara possible? I seem to remember Toyguru saying she might be tricky. Has something changed?
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Whatīs with the black woman in the pink outfit, she is in one of the mini comics, she is some kind of princess as i recall...

And never forget the snake slave girl, give her a name and a Bio...voila....totally new but still familiar!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Whatīs with the black woman in the pink outfit, she is in one of the mini comics, she is some kind of princess as i recall...
    There is a princess Rana of Targa in the minicomic "Slave City" (which was basically the same story as the Filmation episode "Tale of two cities"). She wore orange and was vaguely native american in look, though.

23. Wize Old Wizardess (mini comics, basicall Light Hope and the Sorceress combined)
    Did she have a name? And I'm not going to add any minicomic-only characters until we get one that isn't a straight repaint...
    (in the same way it's Carnivus' place in the line that makes me feel it's safe to add QA & Hawke)

I know you don't want a "variants list", but there isn't many
    Oh there's more than that - NA minicomic Sorceress, DC Bikini Teela, Siren Evil-Lyn (see the MYP thread linked above for a pic posted by MGM), Styleguide/toy Glimmer and various other POP characters...

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    24. Mara
    Is Mara possible? I seem to remember Toyguru saying she might be tricky. Has something changed?
    Not as far as I know, anyway. That's why I left her out.
    Last edited by Reboot; August 14, 2010 at 05:36pm.

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    I don't see why she would be. She has a prototype, like the Star Sisters who appeared in Filmation, and her toy design isn't even the same as the cartoon (just like the Star Sisters).

It's hard to know what's fully possible anymore, especially when we're told we can't get any Filmation stuff...and then we're shown purely Filmation stuff (Bow's harp and the Filmation-only look of the Shadowbeasts).

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Did she have a name? And I'm not going to add any minicomic-only characters until we get one that isn't a straight repaint...
    (in the same way it's Carnivus' place in the line that makes me feel it's safe to add QA & Hawke)
    Wise Old Wisardess IS her name. It's just like Sorceress is...Sorceress.

Also, She-Ra's "toy mask" is mainly based on the mini-comics and not her toy.

...and Preternia Disguise He-Man is mini-comic ONLY and has new tooling for his head, chest piece and skirt.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 14, 2010 at 05:46pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I don't see why she would be. She has a prototype, like the Star Sisters who appeared in Filmation, and her toy design isn't even the same as the cartoon (just like the Star Sisters).
    Speaking of Star Sisters, they've become my most wanted POP figures
    after seeing their toy pics for the first time. I'm hoping that Mattel
    releases them in a nice 3-pack in their toy form, because they would
    look stunning in this line.

It's hard to know what's fully possible anymore, especially when we're told we can't get any Filmation stuff...and then we're shown purely Filmation stuff (Bow's harp and the Filmation-only look of the Shadowbeasts).
    Well, here's what TG said about her:
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Yeah, I know of the prototype for [Mara] and Darius. Its a sticky issue on those. Don't count on them anytime soon. Unlike He-Ro, those guys aren't clearly Mattel creations so a prototype may not enough to get them in the line.
    This actually fits with the harder line he's recently taken in questions on "created by Filmation, used in minicomics" characters...

Also, She-Ra's "toy mask" is mainly based on the mini-comics and not her toy.
    Sure, but look - Mattel's line is "toy mask".

Moreover, even if we use our eyes rather than listening to them, it's a minicomic garnish on a Filmation/licencing guide-based figure. The same way Whiplash's 200X-based head was a garnish on a 198X-toy-based figure. And the hullabaloo stirred up on THAT in the past couple of days makes me, shall we say, reluctant to take a head as evidence of anything going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    There is a princess Rana of Targa in the minicomic "Slave City" (which was basically the same story as the Filmation episode "Tale of two cities"). She wore orange and was vaguely native american in look, though.
    She would be an excellent addition. We would also be getting another Native American in the line (I believe Tri-Klops is Native American).

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Speaking of Star Sisters, they've become my most wanted POP figures
    after seeing their toy pics for the first time. I'm hoping that Mattel
    releases them in a nice 3-pack in their toy form, because they would
    look stunning in this line.
    That would be beautiful. Lots of tooling required, so I'm not really sure if it will happen...but I hope we get a three pack!

Well, here's what TG said about her:

This actually fits with the harder line he's recently taken in questions on "created by Filmation, used in minicomics" characters...
    I remember that, but that answer is ridiculous. Lets forget about Mara for a second. Darius NEVER even made a cameo appearance in the NA toon. He was only in Mattel's mini-comics and magazines! Why wouldn't they be able to make a character only they created and used?

Sure, but look - Mattel's line is "toy mask".

Moreover, even if we use our eyes rather than listening to them, it's a minicomic garnish on a Filmation/licencing guide-based figure. The same way Whiplash's 200X-based head was a garnish on a 198X-toy-based figure. And the hullabaloo stirred up on THAT in the past couple of days makes me, shall we say, reluctant to take a head as evidence of anything going forward.
    Preternia Disguise He-Man. I mentioned him above. lol

Rana of Targa would be AWESOME. I'd like to see if she has any powers (they'd have to create some for a bio if she had any). Since we're likely getting Lodar as a monthly figure next year (he's TM'd, and I doubt he would just appear in anyone's bio.. then again, maybe he will), Rana would make sense.

She looks a lot like Delora from "Siege of Avion."

I'd like to see them both, but they could definitely share parts. Delora could come with the Staff of Avion.

Incidentally, Rana reminds me of MOTU-ized Cher.
    Last edited by bcrduke; August 14, 2010 at 06:53pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Preternia Disguise He-Man. I mentioned him above. lol
    See, when you edit something in after I've started replying, I don't see it!

...and Preternia Disguise He-Man is mini-comic ONLY and has new tooling for his head, chest piece and skirt.
    He's also the sub-only figure, which is a special case - the sub-only figures are the ONLY figures that Mattel maintain they will never reissue (even the SDCC figures only have one version which is "retired"). Ergo, it has to be something obscure.

[And, if the first two are anything to go on, a He-Man variant.]

Simply put, if we get Lodar or something along those lines as a monthly figure, and I'm still updating this thread then, I'll add ze vise ol Wizardess, 'kay?

He's also the sub-only figure, which is a special case - the sub-only figures are the ONLY figures that Mattel maintain they will never reissue (even the SDCC figures only have one version which is "retired"). Ergo, it has to be something obscure.

[And, if the first two are anything to go on, a He-Man variant.]

Simply put, if we get Lodar or something along those lines as a monthly figure, and I'm still updating this thread then, I'll add ze vise ol Wizardess, 'kay?
    BOO! ...and Lodar's trademarked, so I'm very sure he will be coming. I mean, who's bio would he be in?

If we get concept characters that were only sketches (like Gygor and Vikor), I'm sure we will be getting more mini-comics characters besides repaints (like Mer-Man and Green Goddess).

...and don't forget Rana!

EDIT: Toyguru just answered my question about Darius and Mara. Darius can be done, Mara is still in legal limbo. You could put Mara as a "maybe."

Darius is a figure we cold do. Mara is still in legal limbo.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...246#7841083246

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Incidentally, Rana reminds me of MOTU-ized Cher.
    If you're talking 70's Cher, I can totally see that!

Last edited by Darkspecter; August 14, 2010 at 11:00pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    So far, the following female characters have a live trademark :

- Sorceress

- Catra

- Sweet Bee

- Queen Marlena

That's 4 female figures SO FAR (August 2010)... Toyguru just said we'd get more female figures in 2011 than in 2010 (there were 3 in 2010, so that means minimum... 4 female figures in 2011).

Seems like we have here 4 figures. What a coincidence, huh ? I bet we'll see at least SOME of these (Sweet Bee, Queen Marlena, Catra, Sorceress) in 2011. Now, we'll have to remain vigilant and watch regularly when there are new female trademarks that are filed...
    Doesn't Glimmer also have a live trademark?
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    Doesn't Glimmer also have a live trademark?
    ~RK
    I just checked. I only see one for a doll, cell phone, furniture and dog shampoo. If I recall correctly, Glimmer was a horse in one of the recent Barbie lines.

And never forget the snake slave girl, give her a name and a Bio...voila....totally new but still familiar!!!!!
    Do you mean Maran, the wizards daughter who was going to marry Prince Dakon in "The Secret Liquid of Life"

There is one woman who is possible, but TG wont entertain, Illumina
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Rana of Targa would be AWESOME. I'd like to see if she has any powers (they'd have to create some for a bio if she had any). Since we're likely getting Lodar as a monthly figure next year (he's TM'd, and I doubt he would just appear in anyone's bio.. then again, maybe he will), Rana would make sense.
    RANA OF TARGA would be an awesome figure! She had a man from her tribe in that mini-comic that would also look amazing in figure form, too!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

[QUOTE=Toymaker;2513089]Do you mean Maran, the wizards daughter who was going to marry Prince Dakon in "The Secret Liquid of Life"

...i was looking for the mini comics section, but i couldnīt find it...

She is in the one with Geldor, her fathers is hold captive in a dungeon and Geldors wizard is making a hologram of her showing her with ripped clothes...

And yes, she had a black warrior as boyfriend....

She must be possible to make and looked great in my opinion!

EDIT:

FOUND IT. Hereīs the Link:

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=2455
    Last edited by Niki; August 15, 2010 at 07:23pm.

I'd be happy to get Torgul, Dakkon, Maran, and Geldor (and Geldor's wizard, and his monsters, etc).

Maran could use a redesign, but maybe she could use Marlena's dress.

I'd also like that Sorceress as a variant.

The redesign would be needed i only rememberd her in the torn clothes, the dress isnīt that nice actually, allthough the color is cool, i do like pink!

But you are right all those characters are pretty cool !

Just read The Secret Liquid of Life again, gotta say it's my favourite mini, I used to wonder when I was a kid when there was going to be a Geldor figure!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Here is a redesign for Princess Maran taken Dakons Design and some of Teela plus the old dress and even her boots from the torn illusion.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Niki; August 21, 2010 at 10:12pm.

Here is a redesign for Princess Maran taken Dakons Design and some of Teela plus the old dress and even her boots from the torn illusion.
    That's actually pretty good! It's like a cross between her captured/tortured outfit and her regular one. I like it.

That's actually pretty good! It's like a cross between her captured/tortured outfit and her regular one. I like it.
    Thank you, thatīs what i was trying to do and it shows, YIPPPIIIIIEEEEE !

iīm sorry that itīs not showing up in the message, iīm not good with things like that so iīm happy itīs here anyway.