View Poll Results: Did you ever buy a 200x figure?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, never ever. Hated the toyline!

9 5.84%
  • Yes, I bought one/some

28 18.18%
  • Yes, I bought most figures (but not the variants maybe?)

48 31.17%
  • Yes, I bought (almost) every toy available

69 44.81%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you buy 200x toys? Ever?

Heroic Warrior

Did you buy 200x toys? Ever?

I would really like to know if and how fans have supported MOTU 200x when they were available in stores. It would be interesting to see how much support this toyline really had among fans, just to determine if it really was the design of the toys that annoyed people and kept them from buying, or if the failure of the toyline was indeed Mattels fault, with constantly wrong decissions (case ratio, actionfeatures, variants...)

So, did you ever buy a 200x figure or even collected the line back in 2002? And please be honest. I know many fans who bought the toys back then, sold them later and nowadays say they hate the whole 200x toyline because of the hunches and shrinkheads and whatever. So they would rather vote "Nope, never supported", even though they actually bought the figures when they were available in stores.
    Last edited by flitzi; August 15, 2010 at 05:29pm.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

I never bought them for a few reasons, the main one was actually finding them in the stores, the second was that the toyline was very different from the MYP series, and it was the MYP series that made me want to even look for them

a prime example is in the MYP series He-man had a massive size, yet the figure associated with it was thin and gangly by comparison. Often the heads looked out of proportion too Skeletor springs to mind there

Heroic Warrior
    Ah, damn. I should have incorporated that answer as well. "I would have loved to, but couldnīt find them in stores".

Keep it coming!
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

I followed it, waited for it to come out, and jumped on the first He-Man and Skeletor I found at a comic shop (probably paid a bit more than I needed to, but I was excited).

After that, I bought the ones I wanted (including some of the cool variants, like Fire Armor Skeletor). I have a medium sized tub of them now, and I don't plan to get rid of any of them.

The only reason I skipped any that I wanted was because I could not FIND them. This line was so irritating to collect back then. Took KB forever to clear out all the Smash Blade He-Man figures. I never saw Roboto or Fisto, and I skipped some that I really shouldn't have at the time (like Sy-Klone) because I was just tired of it. A canadian friend had to procure Zodak and repaint Trap-jaw for me, and I had to just let go of a few others (though I recently bought Roboto FINALLY).

Overall, I loved the line, but it was one of the most irritating toy lines I've ever collected.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I bought every figure available, I have one of each (open and moc) except for a few of the super rare chases or variants (like the Fisto chase). It was a total pain in the ass to find the last two waves of figures (had to import them) and the big rotocast He-Man and Skeletor.

I have a complete set of the Stactions, but I stopped at the statues/mini busts. I have the original He-Man statue from SDCC (before the line really launched) then the Skeletor and Sorceress statues, on the mini bust side I think I have Evil Lynn and Mer-Man but it was just too much $$$
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Yes, I bought (almost) every toy available and I love this line-era of Motu as much as 80's, NA, POP and MOTUC.

I LOVED the line and bought EVERYTHING and also bought for my nephew which also loved the line.
    Dillon

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    I bought one figure snake crush skele(which i've sold) & a custom scare glow.
    I loved the MYP cartoon but at the time had no interest in the toyline. i want to make a 200X custom Ninjor & get regular skele but that's it, i have no real interest in the line of figures.
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

While most of the redesigns weren't my cup of tea, I loved 200X because it brought MOTU back again.

I have a complete loose set and I have every figure MOC AFA graded. Well actually, I still need Chase He-Man, Skeletor and Fisto for my graded set.

I also have every NECA Staction figure MOC AFA graded. I had every Staction figure loose as well, but decided to sell them, so I'd have room to display my MOTUC figures. I did keep Odiphus though!!

As for the statues, I have Skeletor, Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops. I also have the SDCC Hordak, classic colors Evil-Lyn and Mer-Man mini-busts.

It was hell trying to track down most figures during that time, and I'll take this MOTUC WSOD over that any day.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I bought every single figure released and then some, and it was a lot of fun at the time (and hella cheap, too). But honestly, I was happy with only about half of how most of the figures came out and was buying everything because 1) I was a completist nut at the time, and 2) I was hoping the line was going to have enough legs to get to characters I really and truly wanted like Rokkon, Extendar, Scareglow, Modulok, etc.
    Time has passed, I still like figures like Sy-Klone, Mekaneck, Man-E-Faces, Evil-Lyn, Teela, Orko and Tri-Klops... but MOTUC is more where it's at and more what I would have liked to have seen come out in the first place instead of the 2002 toyline. I just don't really dig the $20 price tag per figure in 2010 compared to the 2002 $8 one... LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    but MOTUC is more where it's at and more what I would have liked to have seen come out in the first place instead of the 2002 toyline.
    These are my exact feelings as well.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I bought everything except the two Rotocast figures. I got a lot of help from a member here (Strat0s), but I don't think he's a member anymore

I bought doubles of almost everything (some of which I have sold, some of which I WOULD LIKE TO SELL lol).
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I went in to the line only picking up He-Man/Skeletor in a 2 pack at Target. I really wanted the comic.. but having new He-Man and Skeletor is cool as well. Once I had He-Man and Skelly though, it opened pandora's box.. and I was off hunting for Trapjaw, Orko, Sy-Klone, and Roboto.. I ended up buying one of each character that was released.. I also got Battle Sound He-Man 'cuz he came with a VHS and was excited to see filmation He-Man. I skipped out on the variants like Smash Armor He-Man, Martial Arts He-Man, Disco Skeletor, Green Trapjaw, Spin Blade Skeletor, etc..

To finish off my 200X collection, my girlfriend had to win Evil Lyn on ebay and scored all the snake men figures I wanted in one shopping trip to Aldi. haha.. It was the first time I ever went to an Aldi, and I have to thank the board for directing me there.

I never got any of the stactions.. but I think that could be another collection for another time..

I bought some. All that I could find (minus variants), anyway.

By the time the Snake Men came out, everything was too hard to find, and huge gaps started appearing in my collection. I eventually got frustrated and sold the lot.

There needs to be another option.

I chose no.

But, it's not cause I hated the toy line.

I just didn't know of it till too late.

My answer is simply.....No.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I bought (at retail):

- Snake Armour He-Man X2
    - Ice Armour Skeletor
    - Trap N' Smash Orko
    - Ninja looking He-Man (name escapes me)

...and the Snake-Man waves

I think that's it.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I bought everything except for the repaints and Snake reissues.

I loved everything about this line except for those.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I bought almost all of them, eventually, though I have skipped packaging variants and the like. I did track down all the repaints (loved Man-E-Faces and Sy-Klone!), and even the harder to find Snake Men series figures, but not the Rotocasts.

Despite MOTUC being out, I still love the majority of the 200X line.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I bought most of the figures (except the multitude of variants). I even got the Toyfare Faker and She-Ra. Because it was MOTU. Sort of...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by flitzi View Post
    just to determine if it really was the design of the toys that annoyed people and kept them from buying, or if the failure of the toyline was indeed Mattels fault, with constantly wrong decissions (case ratio, actionfeatures, variants...)
    Just for the records, there is no need to determine this.
    It's a well know fact. The style of the figures had nothign to do with the demise of the line.
    We were there, we were working with Mattel at that time, we know this for a fact.
    I have no problem with the poll, but the facts are facts, this is not goign to change

I purchased several figures from the 200X line. Towards the end, I could only find the newer figures online with the option to purchase as a case. Once MOTUC came out, I sold all of them except for She-ra and the Sorceress staction (vintage colors).
    Snarf...

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I didn't start buying 200X until 2007 or 2008. I didn't know about the line at all until 2004 when I saw a Jungle Attack He-Man in a comic store. Seeing that figure wasn't enough to get me interested in the line. I'm slowly building up my collection of 200X now though. I started with the exclusives, and I've been tracking down the harder to find figures. Mostly I pick up a 200X version of a figure when it is announced for release in MOTUC. I like the playsets, and the creatures that are updated versions of vintage releases. Not interested in 200X vehicles at all. I might buy myself a Samurai Battle Raptor though. It wasn't in the vintage line, but it would be nice to have something evil to go with Samurai Battle Cat. I guess it could be displayed with the vinatge Tyrantisaurus Rex as well. Yeah, I'll get one!

I love this post! the more i hear that many people didn't buy the 200x series, the more value on mine!

Anyway, I loved this line because each figure was like a unique sculpture of a closer-to-real life representation of the original MOTU figures. They had great individuality and still bled nostalgia.

BUT, I love the mOTUC line even better! isn'e that what we want? different lines with individuallity, improving through the decades?

Oh, I most definitely was buying the toys.
    Unfortunately the line wasn't available at retail here (except 2 SpitBulls), so most of it came from online sources and occasional trips abroad.
    One of my most special memories will always be my parents getting me a Samurai Skeletor and Buzz-Off for Christmas. They contacted my cousin who lived close to Italy and she got them for them to put under the tree.
    When the Stactions came out I collected those too, but didn't make it past wave 4 (can't remember why).

I don't have a complete collection, but I occasionally make trips to a comics and toys convention in Vienna, and I sometimes find MOTU (vintage and 200X) items there, which I of course pick up.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

I collected the 200X line, but not all figures. I just bought the ones I liked, my favorite characters, and only my favorite variants, so I have some He-Man and Skeletor variants. As I disliked the vehicles (they were ugly in my opinion!), these aren't part of my collection, too.

The 200X line came with very cool designs and features on the one hand, but the small heads and buckled backs of the figures looked really awful on the other.

I think the MotUC line is much better regarding the more natural proportions, but I must admit that I was very happy when the 200X line was released, for it was like a "resurrection" of the meanwhile "dead" He-Man, as for me, He-Man had "died" with the release of the NA line. In my view, NA had nothing to do with MotU, as I wasn't able to connect it with memories of my early childhood and the wonderful magic of the classic MotU era, no matter how hard I tried.