View Poll Results: Would you buy the MYP MOTU Series on Blu Ray?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

91 81.98%
  • No

20 18.02%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MYP MOTU Series on Blu Ray

MYP MOTU Series on Blu Ray

Would you pick up this series on Blu-Ray?
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Of course I would, it would look amazing in high definition
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I don't even own a Blue Ray player yet and I still checked "yes". DVD's are always cheaper whent they are first released besides, eventually I'm going to own a Blue Ray player.
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I would love it if they could rez up the show to be worthy of Blue-Ray, but they couldn't get the reds up to match 720p DVD, so I don't see how the source material would be any better on Blue Ray. I only work w/ web video, so I have no idea what the process is, but the reds looked like poo (orko, battlecat, beastman, the lava in Snake Mtn, everything), especially on the first set, but I'll say they did get tons better on the second set. So that alone might be proof that I'm wrong and nobody should really listen too me

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Yes. I will....

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Hell yes I would buy it on Blu-Ray! I would buy it in a heart beat! I really, really, really hope this comes out on BD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I would love it if they could rez up the show to be worthy of Blue-Ray, but they couldn't get the reds up to match 720p DVD, so I don't see how the source material would be any better on Blue Ray. I only work w/ web video, so I have no idea what the process is, but the reds looked like poo (orko, battlecat, beastman, the lava in Snake Mtn, everything), especially on the first set, but I'll say they did get tons better on the second set. So that alone might be proof that I'm wrong and nobody should really listen too me
    The problem wasn't really the source material. The problems (such as the issues with the red colors) were a combination of the general compression that happens when putting the source material on DVD, and how well of a job the authoring house did of making that transfer to DVD level.

Also, DVD isn't 720p it's 480. Some people may have DVD players that 'upscale' to 720 or even 1080, but upscaling the image to make it work better with a 720p or 1080p display still isn't the same as having the source material transfered directly to 1080p on Blu-Ray.

I recall BCI-Guy at one point saying that they weren't happy with the authoring job on vol. 1, so they switched to another company for volume 2 and volume 3. If the authoring company that worked on those later two volumes had worked on volume 1, then the quality (including the issues with the reds and the jagged lines) would be on par with those later two volumes.

I also recall him saying that if BCI does do a Blu-Ray release, it would be completely reauthored for Blu-Ray, so odds are we wouldn't see the jagged lines at all.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Also, DVD isn't 720p it's 480. Some people may have DVD players that 'upscale' to 720 or even 1080, but upscaling the image to make it work better with a 720p or 1080p display still isn't the same as having the source material transfered directly to 1080p on Blu-Ray.
    Exactly, DVD players upscale to 720 and 1080 but everything DVD is designed for 480i and 480p. Upscaling is NOT the same as true encoding at VC1 or other Hi definition formats

I also recall him saying that if BCI does do a Blu-Ray release, it would be completely reauthored for Blu-Ray, so odds are we wouldn't see the jagged lines at all.
    Yes they would take the digital masters they have and encode them to a HD format which would automatically be superior to DVD and the colors would be much brighter, crisper and the image as a whole would be cleaner.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yes they would take the digital masters they have and encode them to a HD format which would automatically be superior to DVD and the colors would be much brighter, crisper and the image as a whole would be cleaner.
    Exactly. The first authoring house we used even did that with the 1st episode - and it looked great. Brighter colors, way more detail in the backgrounds and almost a 3D effect at times.

I'm sure our new house could do an even better job.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    I know this sounds totally crazy, but when this comes out is when I have decided I'm going to buy a BluRay player...I'm waiting to get both on the same day

Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    I know this sounds totally crazy, but when this comes out is when I have decided I'm going to buy a BluRay player...I'm waiting to get both on the same day
    Not totally crazy, I know plenty of people who are waiting for their favorite series to come out in HD formats.

For instance there will be a segment of the population that will buy a blu-ray player when the Godfather trilogy is released on blu-ray in the fall

what good is a $299-599 piece of equipment if you dont have things you want to watch on it

Not right away but maybe after a year and I get a BluRay down the line.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

For Sure! High Def and MOTU? Its gonna be aWWwwesome!!!

TVshowsondvd offers some insight into a possible 2009 release

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/He-Man-...-Release/10360

Bang your head!!!
    Not totally crazy, I know plenty of people who are waiting for their favorite series to come out in HD formats.
    Im doing it... I already have 14 movies under my belt, and no player. I'll buy one when I either get a TV or when Iron Man comes out...

Oh and I clicked Yes...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

TVshowsondvd offers some insight into a possible 2009 release

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/He-Man-...-Release/10360
    I think I actually said that here well before I mentioned it at the Home Theater Forum.

YES I would definately buy the series on Blueray ONLY IF it was a complete series package.. I want them all at once!!!

Widget
    Once MYP MOTU & Star Wars are released - then im buying Blu-Ray!

GR81 says:

Its probably too early to tell, but how is the Justice League Blu-ray season 1 doing in sales

Does anybody have a copy? Is it worth getting?
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    GR81 says:

Its probably too early to tell, but how is the Justice League Blu-ray season 1 doing in sales

Does anybody have a copy? Is it worth getting?
    Check out this review, it may be helpful

http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jl/...ray/seasonone/

Later...

P.S.

Sorry for the offtopic
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    GR81 says:

Not particularly well.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Thanks for the link Razor. That's INCREDIBLY disappointing that the blu-ray version is in full screen and not widescreen though. I'm stunned and crushed.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Court Magician
    i voted yes b/c I love the MYP show and have a PS3 and an HD TV. And I'd definitely want it all as one complete set, ideally including the comic of episode 40 and maybe a nice art book or something that had some info on the development of the series. i dunno, something to differentiate it from the current dvd set. now that said, I have to say the same thing I've said tto a co-worker of mine who is more a techie than me, my question is how much of an improvement in image quality will we actually see on a traditional cel animated series. I mean on computer animated movies like 'meet the robinsons' i can definitely see the difference b/c of the textures and such.

Nope. I just don't see the quality jump from DVD to Blu-Ray as the same as VCR to DVD. Plus, Blu-Ray players play DVDs, so when I do get a Blu-Ray I will probably only buy my top two or three movies/shows over again. Even my most favorite dvds, I don't watch more than a couple times a year, so I don't see the point of rebuying the same thing if I'm not going to get my money's worth.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I agree in some points with Firefly, I will only buy dvds that I love. Old MOTU, She-Ra, NA and 200x will be for sure. Some others movies but I don't see myself buying my whole collection again on BR.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    I agree in some points with Firefly, I will only buy dvds that I love. Old MOTU, She-Ra, NA and 200x will be for sure. Some others movies but I don't see myself buying my whole collection again on BR.
    It's VERY unlikely that you'll ever see Old MOTU, She-Ra or NA on Blu-Ray. They would look EXACTLY like the standard def DVDs.