View Poll Results: Did you ever buy a 200x figure?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, never ever. Hated the toyline!

11 6.55%
  • Yes, I bought one/some

34 20.24%
  • Yes, I bought most figures (but not the variants maybe?)

51 30.36%
  • Yes, I bought (almost) every toy available

72 42.86%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did you buy 200x toys? Ever?

I brought all the different characters but no varients. Also got Grayskull, Battlestation, Battle Bones and a few other vehicles. All the Stactions, the Uk comics, some of the US ones and all the DVDs.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I wish I had been buying toys at that time. The only one I own right now is Man-At-Arms i got from a Finnish online auction site, but I'm still looking for Buzz-Off and Whiplash to pose next to him on the shelf. I can live without the others now that we've got MOTUC but I really prefer the look of 200X Buzz and Whippy.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Had almost everything (except the big statues) at one point or another. Still have the regular figures, and have been trying to get rid of my varients and doubles for a while now. The stactions are my favorite of any line I've ever collected, and my Skeletor big statue is my favorite piece I own.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I have pretty much all of it minus a few hard to get figures. Everything by NECA and all the comics. I love that 200X renewed my love for MOTU. Wheather you loved 200X or not for a while it made He-man cool again and I love that.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Widget
    answered the poll before i saw the breakdown....

I was really late to the party, didn't know or start collecting them until 2009. Only found out when I went online to get a couple of vintage figs to satisfy a bout of nostalgia, and now I'm collecting vintage/ 2000x/ motuc.
    I really like the line and probably would have purchased in store had I been aware. I think they did a great job giving the non-human figures unique appearances- buzz off, whiplash, two bad, snakemen, stratos are all great. and the posturing is much more dynamic than anything that could be done with vintage. I have some variants, mostly from lot auctions, but I dont display them.

I'm glad they have included 200x elements in the motuc line, but id really like to see some motuc done in the proportions of the 200x (like the mentioned non-humanoids) but they'll be doing some unnamed character in a crowd shot of a minicomic before they get to variant motuc 200x style.

out of curiousity, in all the speculation about the success of the 200x line I haven't heard anything said about the perspective of the real collectors- kids, anybody got input on that?

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I picked option 3. I bought all of the figures (except repaints/variants), bought all of the stactions, and bought all of the exclusive figures (Faker, Moss Man, Keldor, She-Ra, and Snake Teela).

I sold all of them two years ago to raise money for Christmas presents. I only kept the classic colors He-Man staction.

I'll eventually re-buy the stactions for sure and probably some of the figures too.

I never bought them back then.. was kicking myself over the years for not buying them.. and now I'm currently in the process of buying them all.. lol

that should have been an option as well ;D

I bought He-Man, Skeletor and of course She-Ra! I am not opposed to picking up a few more like Teela, MAA, Tri-Klops or Mer-Man. I just rather focus on the Classics right now, always on Ebay looking though!
    The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you.

I bought most of them. I really liked the line, if the figures had more articulation I would have loved it.

When they were in stores, I bought; Battle Cat, Battle Sound He-Man, Skeletor, Roboto, Trapjaw and Two-Bad. Later, I purchased nearly all the line through eBay.

I bought almost all of them. I quit my job as a bill collector to work for an online toy store in 1984 and the figures were easily available. The only one I didn't get was the exclusive She-Ra.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Evil customizing warrior Darththomas81's Avatar
    When this line came out I had just turned 20 so I was too busy doing the things 20 year olds do, dating, going out getting drunk etc. I wish I had picked them all up as I'm now trying to get them all to customize DCUC style.
    DT81's Tinkering thread - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nkering-thread

Check out all my customs over at figure realm
    http://www.figurerealm.com/viewuserp...id=4835&page=2

I bought everything... in doubles... some in triples...

anyone need anything???

I have the whole collection loose, minus a few stactions. I have all of the comics and DVDs. I have a few puzzles, the Rock'em Sock'em game, and the McDonalds toys.

I wish I had not bought doubles of the figures. It was unnecessary.

Seriously, if anyone wants to buy them, at cost (unless they are rare), let me know (I kept good records).
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    i bought them....but only cos they were all there was and it was motu!

in retrospect i really hate 90% of the toys, the only ones who still impress me are Orko whiplash, twobad and rattlor.

(i dont count the stactions as 200X, and they are superb!)

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Snappy Threader
    I have nearly all of them except the Mecha-Armor ones.

I bought 3 or more of everything! One loose, one MOC, and a Second MOC for when my son was old enough to play with them. Then when they started going cheap, I would buy them up for customs. And I bought the stactions by the cases. Once again three of each or more.

I ended up with a lot of 200x
    (I needed my MOTU Fix!)
    Great Traders :Wrathofskeletor,Patrick Bateman,Malakai9999,Baron Karza,Jacob,Toyjesus,Norvel33,NilsorII,Cjbol,Corbe e99,Skeledeuce,Hemanlives,TrozBloodbone,Mikescab,S pikor66,MEKANOSE,MOTU,Orko32,Fugitoid,BattleCatsMy Daddy,Domercon,slgcmg,Royalt1us,Bob,Sanctitas,Bone head,Lee,hogwart727,bengali94,Greyskull Guardsman,woo,Bigdaddy51200,Troy-Klops,ThePuzzler,ledmanno

You know I bought them all up when they came out. Sadly I knew nothing of the variants. To this date I have everything except the 3 BIG Chases,Snake Armor He-Man-GOLD Belt & MAA on Kmart card. I'm so crazy I've got all variations of the original US 8 back.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I bought Prince Adam MOC from an Orger and he's my only 200x figure. My son has two of the Happy Meal toys, He-man and Ramman that we got for $.50 at a flea market. Not gonna buy anymore. He likes the vintage guys and I'll stick with the Classics line!

I've always loved the details of the 200X line and so I got pretty much every individual figure. I only got the variants that really mattered except for Snake Teela.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, I got a few from when they were the only MOTU available, but as stated elsewhere, the horrible Castle Grayskull 'update' shocked me back to my senses...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Quote Originally Posted by Collec-Tor View Post
    Yes, I got a few from when they were the only MOTU available, but as stated elsewhere, the horrible Castle Grayskull 'update' shocked me back to my senses...
    The grayskull playset was a huge hit with my son...so I had that going for me. I bought everything I could find.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes. I bought 2 (1 MOC, 1 loose) of every regular version figure. I only got what I thought were good variants (Ice Armor HM, Fire Armor Skelly (Hellator!) etc). I got the awesome Castle Grayskull for $20 on Black Friday. I bought a lot of the vehicles (which most sucked) only on clearance.

2002-2004 was still a year or 2 before I became a "professional" toy hunter. Finding most characters that weren't HM or Skelly was a task. The case packouts were atrocious- An affliction that the 2 biggest toy manufacturers still often suffer...

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I bought most everything 200X... including the toothpaste bottles with He-Man and Skeletor on them.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I bought most everything 200X... including the toothpaste bottles with He-Man and Skeletor on them.

Now THAT is die-hard.