Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.44 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.44 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.
    Mattel has also asked not to submit figure inquiries about unannounced figures (eg: When will we see [insert character name])

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by CarKrash,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Joseephus: When can expect to hear something regarding the MOTU Attitubes possible availability, price, etc?

2. Bonehead: May we get a proper Prince Adam bio? Maybe on Matty?

3. Cyberv: Why aren't the Mattycollector versions of the SDCC figures not sold at the convention included with the 2011 subscriptions? It seems like it'd be easy to make enough for the sub, and still have plenty of newcomers jumping on them. If nothing else, it would prevent a nightmare like the August 2, 2010 debacle from occurring again.

4. PrinceAdam101: Are there any little known concept characters or prototypes available for the line (like Vikor, for instance) that are female? Many of us are fans of the female characters and would love a surprise reveal in the future!

5. Kagamigod: May we get a re-release figure schedule? Since they are all re-releases there are no reveal surprises.

--------------

So ask those questions!

It was mentioned that although the 200x look is retired that it could one day return. If that style were to return before MOTUC has run its course, do you foresee that style being incorporated into the existing MOTUC line, or as a separate entity.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Whenever A-list variant figures in the 200x design (minus Anime Hyper Detail) are mentioned, Evil-Lyn is given as a good example for a drastically different version.
    Now that we already are getting Evil-Lyns weapons in the 200x color in the next weapons pak, would that mean we would be getting totally new weapons and accessories for her 200x design variant? Or would Fans be presented with duplicate purple weaponry, if those items will just be put in the box again? Much as He-Mans accessories came with the Goddess?
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Can we, me, I have an all silver version of the Power Sword, even if it's just an extra bonus for subscribers only??

Heroic Warrior
    YAY! Only the second time I've gotten a question picked! Haven't managed that since the Catra horde sticker question.

Is there any chance that future weapons packs could include normally colored 2-tone gray Power Swords? It'd just be nice to be able to equip Adam, BA He-Man, Preternia He-Man, and their predecessors with the basic Power Sword instead of variant colors like black, blue, etc... WITHOUT having to buy more King Greyskulls or basic He-Man figures.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

With King Hssss announced, we are starting to touch vintage figures who had limited articulation because of limitations to their action features. There's a wealth of these types of characters still unreleased, like Ram Man, Man-E-Faces, Mekaneck, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Troopers, Tongue Lashor and more.

Is it a safe assumption that we'll finally see these rather immobile characters get some decent articulation now that the action feature is not a (major) concern? I'd love a Mantenna who could at least turn his head!

Ok you've given us the name of the caucasian Royal Guard “Lt John Spector” you've got to give us the names of the africian eternian, feline and reptile(and what race) guards?
    Last edited by Coptur; August 24, 2010 at 10:31am.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Since the idea of having a 200X Adam release has been somewhat acknowledged and accepted by Mattel, what about the idea of creating a 200X version of Adora to match? A two pack bonus with both characters one day would be awesome and very well accepted

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I have a question about the MOTUC "style" as a line. The MOTU characters are based off of the original toy designs, sometimes with added details from other interpretations (mini-comics, 200X, etc.).

The females from PoP have been solely styleguide designs and Bow is a mixture of styleguide, toy and added extras (the mustache/bow buckle design he never had and an all new-style tiara instead of the simple crown he had in the 80's).

Why is the MOTU style consistently based on the toy designs and the PoP style mainly based on the styleguide designs which are very simplistic and less detailed? Because of the lack of details on the PoP ladies, they look like they are from a completely different action figure line when placed by the MOTU ladies (She-Ra, Evil-Lyn and Goddess)...and this line is supposed to be about a consistent, cohesive style.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Could you please define exactly what you consider 'hyper anime detail' to be? When fans ask about 200X things it's become the standard line 'the hyper anime detail has been retired' but it doesn't answer the question. The best example would be Marzo's flowing hair, that's considered 'H.A.D.' but flowing capes (ala Randor) aren't? It seems to me it would make everything easier if there was a clear line as to 'too far' or not.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Hello Toyguru! I have seen a picture of a vintage Panthor in original box on www.grayskullmuseum.com that is not flocked and has red armor instead of green. Here is the link:
    http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/Creat...anthorPage.htm
    Could you please confirm whether this was an official release? If so, could we get extra bonus red armor (like Battle Cat has) as an accessory or in a weapons pack to further difference MOTUC unflocked Panthor from flocked Panthor on our shelves? Thank you.

Hi, my question is actually a follow up to another member question from back in September 2009 about when we would find out about future events in the MOTUC storyline and the answer was "Yes. And not to far from now…". Would you be able to give us an update?
    Last edited by omee; August 20, 2010 at 12:31am.

Heroic Warrior
    When Zodak (with a K) was released, he was released with a helmet molded to his head (repainted Zodac head), while the original had a removable helmet.

Vikor, who was revealed at SDCC, might have had a removable helmet, but it was confirmed that he would have a non removable (molded or attached) helmet.

Is it then safe to deduct, from those examples, that there will be no MOTUC figure at all who will have a removeable helmet ?

P.S. : please note the question is about HELMETS, NOT about tiaras or masks !
    Last edited by Spectror; August 20, 2010 at 07:01pm.

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Many fans, myself included have questions regarding what origins characters have and their relationships to one another that can't possibly be fully explained in the bios. To solve this dilemma with the TF comic continuity, Dreamwave's More Than Meets The Eye comic series with their TF franchise was used to explain character origins, events, and explain in depth weapons and vehicles. With MOTU classics seeing a blend of characters and story elements from the mini-comics all the way to the 200x series with everything in between, including PoP and NA, there are a number of contuity issues. Does mattel have any plans to explore the possibility to get a guide or comic mini-series similar to MTMTE to explain and clearly state the official origins of characters, places like snake moutain and castle grayskull, and events like the great war for the MOTU classics continuity beyond what the bios can tell us?
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Is a new DVD box with insert the only release for the 25th Anniverary of the PRINCESS OF POWER line?
    Also a silver statue or MOTUC version of a SWIFT WIND give not the real memories to celebrating the original line in the 80's.
    MOTUC releases are regular stuffs at the moment, nothing special represent an anniverary...
    WANTED: MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE - Toy Collection 1984 (MOC/MISB)
    - FISTO (Masks Of Power) NEW! - JITSU (Clash Of Arms) NEW! - BATTLE ARMOR HE-MAN (Mexico) NEW!
    - TRAP JAW (DC Comic) NEW! - FAKER (DC Comic)
    - BATTLE CAT - POINT DREAD & TALON FIGHTER - WIND RAIDER - ATTAK-TRAK (Mexico) - CASTLE GRAYSKULL

Great Deals:
    captain

Heroic Warrior
    You said that we should expect about 2 POP figures at least and 4 female figures in 2011, but no estimation of New Adventures. Can you tell us about how many of those we might be getting, 2 sounds a like good estimate to me.

Star Sisters?

Hey Scott! With all the wonderful figures coming to life again and with some of those figures being prototypes FINALLY come to life, what about the Star Sisters? Going through the mattel archives, you had told us that you've seen some amazing stuff. Ever come across the Star Sisters action figures? And if so, will we ever get to see official pics of them?

There has been some debate online about when Masters Of The Universe's 30th Anniversary actually takes place. Most sources say the line started in 1982, but some of the toys actually showed 1981 imprinted on them. When should we buy our party supplies for, next year or 2012?
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; August 26, 2010 at 02:49am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    It's assumed that many of the beast we willl get are those that share the same body mold, like the POP horses, the robotic horses, the jungle cats, and even the birds. But, are there plans to make the Horde beasts (Mantisaur & Monstroid) that both only used that mold once?

Here is a topic that I just can't let go of, but there is a big debate going on right now about the can and can not's of a direct to DVD movie. While I understand that just can not happen financially right now, the same with mini comics and comics, but what about a Novel? While I love the Bio's, but waiting 6 years or more to put that puzzle together is too long.

It has been mentioned that Light Hope cannot be made because he was a Filmation creation even though he was in the mini comics (which in itself is confusing) How then can Granamyr be made? He was a Filmation creation that appeared in the mini comics just as Light Hope did.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Regarding the prospect of a new MOTU movie and the news that yet another writer is supposedly attache to the project. Does Mattel have final say in what goes on with a new MOTU movie if they felt that the direction wasn't in line with their view of what the MOTU property should be and would they intervene, or is it out of their hands?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

If the second Weapons Pack (Nov 2010) sells well and there's a chance of releasing Weapons Pack #3. Could we get a fan poll on which repaints of already made accessories to release in them?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Battlecat will have his rerelease this year? or when?

Toyguru mentioned at the mattycollector forums that for Roboto you have changed the armS (pl.) so that they work as Trap Jaw's. Does that mean that we will be able to attach the weapons to BOTH of Roboto's arms (pl.) or just the right arm as in the 80s?