Thread: Are we SURE we want Female Buck 2.0?

Are we SURE we want Female Buck 2.0?

How would a waist twist work on characters like Teela, Evil Lyn, and Goddess, where they have those decorative pieces that start below their breasts and extend down to the groin? Would that piece be attached tot he upper body and just hang, so that it can move with the torso, or would it be sculpted on, looking ridiculous and segmented when you twist the waist?

Also, I've heard removable armor mentioned before...won't this just make them bulky and less attractive?

I'm all for improvements to the sculpt, but I'm also very worried about the execution...
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Mattel has started to figure out the female sculpt for the DCU figures and put out some damn good figures in that line. Granted the MOTUC line is a lot more detailed and has a lot more of accessories sculpted on their outfits but I really think they need to start from scratch to create a new buck that takes care of these issues, definitely sooner than later. If they can get a new buck to use for some new female characters, once they get the new buck figured out and any problems addressed then we can see a release of an improved Teela, Evil Lyn, Goddess, She-Ra, etc. and hopefully by then they'll have a better idea on how to address the decorative piece problem you proposed.

I think if we don't see a new one relatively soon, we won't for the rest of the line. If we really get 4 new female figures in 2011 using the same female buck we have now, we won't get a new buck imo. They'll give us the excuse that they want all the female figures to fit together in the line.
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

They can always adjust/simplify the decorations to be in-line with the original Teela/Evil-Lyn figures so they don't have that problem.

But really, design-wise, I think the focus should be on the Princess of Power characters, since that's where the majority of the females will be coming from. If the Four Horsemen can figure out something to make Evil-Lyn, Teela and The Goddess' current decorations work with a potential new female buck, great, but priority should be put on doing what's best for the majority.

Not buying any more females until I see a 2.0.

The legs are just damn ugly & makes them too tall.

The loss of waist-action (dare I say that?) sux.

Some muscle tone on the arms would be a huge improvement.

Heroic Warrior
    100% yes. We need a new female body.

First snd foremost, we need them to be at the VERY least 1/4" shorter. I know the tall amazon look is supposedly a throwback to the vintage line but it's an unrealistic* "flaw" that doesn't need to be represented in this line. For all the already released characters; Teela, She-Ra, and maybe even Evil-Lyn I can deal with being amazons. I'd be dissapointed having Marlena and the Sorceress being 6 ft women. And if they had to keep a vintage body attribute, I'd rather it to be the thunder thighs.

A swivel under the breast would work better than at the waist. They have such limited articulation at the hips as it is, so a "Y" crotch wouldn't bother me a single bit.

*I know I used the term "unrealistic" when referring to MOTU figures bodies. You know the point I was getting at, so I don't wanna hear no crap about it!

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    Seriously! I couldn't care less.

What is the problem?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm ok with the female figures I have now. Teela and Evil-lyn came out alright. My only gripe was She-ra and that was because of the loose head issues everybody had.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Seriously! I couldn't care less.

What is the problem?
    The problem is they have limited articulation and are unrealistically tall compared to they're male counterparts. I'm guessing you're strictly MOC collector if you haven't took notice.

Oh yeah, that neck joint is most awful as well.

I cannot see myself rebuying already released female figures again given the expense of this line already, so I hope they just move on to the next females, and hopefully any improvements can be imparted on their variants.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    How about 1.5?

The buck is good, just needs adjusting.

A new female buck would be ok but it should go to new females. I love my She-Ra, Adora, Evil-Lyn, Goddess and Teela just fine. No major problems.

Variants of the main girls would be fine but no need to re-do them all. And I wouldnt want a new female buck to have the girls too much shorter than the current girls...it would just make the original 5 out of scale. Make them just a tad bit shorter. Tall girls dont bother me.

Nothing says they can only use 1 body style. They can keep the one they have now for certain figures and have an updated one for those other figures that require it. All I'd like to see different on the current one is change the "T-Bar" into an actual hip/waist.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for improvements to the sculpt, but I'm also very worried about the execution
    I think things cannot possibly be worse than what they were with the 0.1 female body.

And if, by some ill fate, they had to be worse, I'd pass female figures. That's as simple as that. Yet, I am for female figures, but if Mattel can't produce decent female figures, I don't see why I'd have to buy an inferior product.

For once, I'll try to be optimistic, and to hope for the best. If there's a 0.2 female body (we're still unsure about this, and Toyguru didn't say a word about a newx female "buck"), it should be much better than the old one...

I think the female buck is fine, just fix the neck peg issue and they're golden. I don't think the females need to be shorter or skinner. I HATE the female DCUC bodies, they look so awful, the same was true of Marvel Legends. Mattel please don't add unneeded articulation to the females, it ruins the look of the figure. IMHO.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Of course we want a female buck 2.0!
    Does anybody want to keep buying a Teela redeco for a 5th, 6th, 7th time?

I get the reused parts factor but come on?
    Mattel has milked the Teela buck on already 5 figures!
    There are currently 4 DIFFERENT MALE BUCKS: the Beast man hairy buck, the He-man buck, the Reptilian Whiplash buck and the pop-arms Trapjaw buck.
    It's time for a 2ND female buck!

As for articulation, how can people be satisfied of action figures that cannot sit, open their legs or even turn at the waist? Evil Lyn is sort of the exception, but even the original classics line back in the 80's had a twist at the waist.

I want a new Teela with a twisting waist. I want a She-ra with a proper rubber skirt that allows her to sit on horses, vehicules etc. And I want Adora WITHOUT that unsightly red diaper! Adora should have the same hip system as Bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    There are currently 4 DIFFERENT MALE BUCKS: the Beast man hairy buck, the He-man buck, the Reptilian Whiplash buck and the pop-arms Trapjaw buck.
    It's time for a 2ND female buck!
    Seriously, where is the excitement for POP fans? When are we going to get a character with tons of unique sculpting ala King Hsss, a new female buck, mini-comic characters, a major unexpected sculpted surprise from the Four Horsemen that Mattel didn't ask for...?

Not that I'm against new characters being added to the line, but I'm disturbed by the ongoing trend...to read that MOTU is now getting confirmation of nameless packaging characters before POP has even had a chance to evolve for the first time. It's beyond ridiculous.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Since this issue has been talked about for a very, very long time and countless fan sites, reviewers and customers have been disappointed with the female buck, I will be breif and blunt:

The MOTUC figures have more articulation points in their arms and legs, but the design of this female buck is the WORST female buck we have ever had in MOTU and PoP figure history!

80's: Teela and Evil-Lyn had a proper two-piece outfits and waist-twist feature. They can sit decently and ride all vehicles and beasts.

200X: Same as above.

MOTUC: They cannot twist without exposing their T-crotch (Teela, Evil-Lyn, Goddess and Adora), She-Ra can't ride Battle Cat, sit or stand in a fighting pose (skirt interferes). Certain character outfits have to be designed incorrectly because of the poorly executed female buck. The perfect example is Adora. She is supposed to have "panties" like the recently shown King Hiss and Bow. She gets this weird and bizarre looking loincloth/skirt...which exposes everything when you pose her.

The one-piece oufits are the cheapest and worst choice in MOTU history. None of the men have this problem. It makes the girls look like 6 inch Polly Pockets. At least Polly Pockets can swap armour! Something all the men can do and women cannot do.

The female buck was designed 100% with Teela in mind without any other female figure taken into consideration, which is insanity! I wish they made Teela the same as the 80's figure so we wouldn't have had any of these issues.

To summarize: MOTUC women should have the exact same articulation and two-piece outfits that the men have.

Fix it already!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm fine with the figs we gotten so far, but I would appreciate a better female buck that included 2 piece outfits even if the are sculpted on the buck. The ab crunch I can kinda do without on some females such as Teela and Evil-Lyn. As much as I love MOTU it really is time for POP to shine and a new buck going foward would go a long ways for these characters and YES I would buy some of the females over again if they do receive a new body with better articulation - namely She-Ra.