Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.42!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.42!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 41 questions!

This round of questions were selected by MegaGearMax,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. Drewsky:
    Because of Castle Grayskull's cost, would it be feasible to perhaps sell Grayskull first as a hollow shell with a jawbridge (basic set), then sell other sets to add on to the castle later on (for example: one package having all the weapons and weapon racks, another having the throne and floor with trap door, etc)? This way people could make the castle the way they want according to their budget.

If we took the energy and time to have a Grayskull sculpted, we would likely sell it as a whole. It would actually take twice the amount of logistics to break it up, and in the end that might kill the concept. If we did a playset, we would not break it up to help streamline the project.

2. Lord_Of_Destruction:
    You say the 200X look is retired, but weren't we promised a 200X Prince Adam variant in Classics? How would this be approached given that the appeal of 200X Adam is that he is a younger figure with a smaller body instead of simply a He-Man repaint?

Fans have yet to see a teenage MOTUC figure. A teenage Adam would be a new buck in Classics style, so smaller, but without 200X anime hyper detail. Adam would be a great candidate to do a teen version. Time will tell when and if this happens.

3. SLO-MAN:
    The original NA He-Man figure came with a removable full body golden armor. He also had a chest harness as part of his torso sculpt. With the way removable armor is made in MOTUC, I can't really see how he could get both.
    When we finally get to a NA He-Man variant, will he come with the chest harness and the full body golden armor, or just one of those?

It is too early to tell. We have yet to discuss this figure with the Horsemen, but we imagine a clever solution would be found to please as many fans as possible. No NA He-Man figure to announce right now.

4. Bulkhide:
    Mer-Man has some of the most unique armor and weapons in MOTUC due to them being very aquatic based. If you make species-based 2-Packs or characters, like Ceratus/Caligars or Lord Dactys/Speleans, would they have more unique accessories based on their physical attributes or reuse other characters' accessories?

Likely, it’ll be a little of both. We would love to get to these types of army builders in time and really flesh out the armies of Eternia.

5. Mr. Shokoti:
    When it comes time for Queen Marlena to be given a MOTUC release, will we get a definitive answer as to if she was originally from Earth or will that topic not be mentioned much like whether Battle Cat can talk or not?

You will learn this answer in her bio. We do plan to get to Queen Marlena in time.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 44!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 42 questions!

Can't wait for Queen Marlena. It'll be great to have the whole Royal Family.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    2. Lord_Of_Destruction:
    You say the 200X look is retired, but weren't we promised a 200X Prince Adam variant in Classics? How would this be approached given that the appeal of 200X Adam is that he is a younger figure with a smaller body instead of simply a He-Man repaint?

Fans have yet to see a teenage MOTUC figure. A teenage Adam would be a new buck in Classics style, so smaller, but without 200X anime hyper detail. Adam would be a great candidate to do a teen version. Time will tell when and if this happens.
    Word.

A great answer to the saga of 200X Adam. Mattel knows that making an Adam out of the He-Man buck misses the entire point of the 16 year old Adam.

And Queen Marlena's bio will answer whether she's from Earth or not.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

So does that mean that Marlena IS from Earth.

I mean, if it will be mentioned in her bio, I doubt they would say "P.S. Marleana is NOT from Earth."

I'm just having fun. I know they could say something like "Hailing from Eternia's blah blah blah, Marlena etc, etc, etc"
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I'm pretty sure they'll say she's from Earth.

On teenage Adam - If they make him, are there any other characters that could share the new buck? Off-hand I can't think of anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

On teenage Adam - If they make him, are there any other characters that could share the new buck? Off-hand I can't think of anyone.
    Without obtaining rights to Filmation, I don't think so. There are a few characters in MOTU, PoP, and NA that could fit the bill, though.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

There is the wannabe Palace Guard, Leon, from the mini comic Double Edged Sword. ;-)
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I don't see anyone else. And like I said before. Why would Mattel create a newly tooled body for just one figure? And using the DCUC bodys just wouldn't work since they're not in the correct scale. a 200X version of Adam using it would look odd and out of place.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Word.

A great answer to the saga of 200X Adam. Mattel knows that making an Adam out of the He-Man buck misses the entire point of the 16 year old Adam.
    I also like this answer a lot!

Any time new bucks are thrown into the MOTUC mix, I'm listening!

Queen Marlena will be from earth. Wasn't she also from earth in the MOTU DC Comics?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I don't see why they have to have Filmation rights to say she's from earth, even if she never had an earth connection in anything else.
    Having Filmation rights is more about trademarked designs.

I think he just meant that about the teenage bodies. There were a lot of teen characters in Filmation media but not in the mini comics or 200X.

I love the ridiculous comment about not having discussed NA He-Man with the 4H. As if they haven't discussed EVERY character in some way. Plus Bow has his boots and gauntlets. Why do they insist on talking to us like we are all brain-dead?
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    The only character that springs to mind for me is Caz, but the NA toon exclusive characters are still off limits.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    And like I said before. Why would Mattel create a newly tooled body for just one figure?
    Ram Man would be a new buck that they couldn't use again. So would Mantenna, Rio Blast, Rokkon and Stondar.

Ram Man would be a new buck that they couldn't use again. So would Mantenna, Rio Blast, Rokkon and Stondar.
    And after 2 years, we have yet to see a single character to be made that doesn't share parts. And I do not count the large scaled figures and beasts in this! And with characters that share parts are supposedly to be cheaper to produce. Wouldn't the logical choice is to at least make 1 completely newly tooled character like Ram Man each year so they do get made? Instead of waiting til near the end of the line and lumping them all? That is if Mattel doesn't make other changes that alienates further fans?

Anyway this isn't the thread to be discussing this.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

And after 2 years, we have yet to see a single character to be made that doesn't share parts. And I do not count the large scaled figures and beasts in this! And with characters that share parts are supposedly to be cheaper to produce. Wouldn't the logical choice is to at least make 1 completely newly tooled character like Ram Man each year so they do get made? Instead of waiting til near the end of the line and lumping them all? That is if Mattel doesn't make other changes that alienates further fans?

Maybe they didn't have the budget to do this yet. The line started out with everyone using the He-Man buck. Now, we're getting King Hsss, a character who was often cited as a "movie year" character, like Ram Man. And he's only March, while the Faceless One is in May. Vehicles, which are a one-use tool, are now in the line. Even Castle Grayskull might be an eventual possibility.

Maybe they CAN do a few newly tooled characters now. Especially since they are saying plastic by not doing 200X heads.

In various media, Rokkon has been portrayed as a teenage character. With a little work, he could share the buck, as could Leon from double edged sword
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Even though I'm the one who asked the question, I was kind of hoping that they wouldn't say where Marlena was from. Either way, people are going to be unhappy. Since most of the bios are derived from the mini-comics & MYP, it's anyone's guess as to where Marlena is from. I'm 0 for 2 when it comes to the 3 MOTU origins that mean the most to me. Teela & Skeletor weren't what I was hoping for so I really hope Marlena is from Earth.

Maybe Mattel could use the buck for a new spinoff called "Masters Babies"? He-Man & his friends go on adventures while under the watchful eye of their nanny Teela-Na. They also get into mix-ups with the mean kids next door led by a funny little boy with a skull for a face.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; August 16, 2010 at 05:24pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

You can count Large Scale Beasts.

Tytus = Megator
    Battle Cat = Panthor
    Shadow Beast = Gygor

(Yes, I know more can be used...just giving one example for each).

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    In various media, Rokkon has been portrayed as a teenage character. With a little work, he could share the buck, as could Leon from double edged sword
    Good idea, but I'd be shocked if Stonedar and Rokkon aren't simple retools of one another.

I like the answers. I am wondering if they could do a teenage Teela.

Hey, could they use a teenage female body for any of the POP figures?

Word.

It's a good answer, but a scary one at that. If we can't get a second female buck because of MAJOR issues that have proven to be recurring what are the chances we'd get a second male 'teenage' buck that can only be used ONCE?
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post

It almost goes without saying that they'd be much remiss without making a teenage Adora to go with teenage Adam. Sure she'd be a "New character" but it's a no brainer for anyone who wants teenage 200x-ish adam. Gotta have the Marvel girl to go with Captain Marvel, you know what I'm sayin? Plus as said above, teenage Teela. Not that I need any of these but I could see it happining.

And with that, I'd be happy with a handful of minicomic youths, or 200x youths (whoever they could be)

but yeah, it feels like there arent alot of young'ins to reuse the sculpt for. But they dont neccesarily have to. Even though there is alot of part reuse, there is constantly alot of new parts per characters. Roboto's chest, Hiss's arms & Legs, & chest, ect. A whole teen character isnt that unbeliveable.

Oh and incedentally to the comments above, of course Ramman is going to be the typical buck. He should be. I'm certain they already confirmed as much. It'll be normal buck with special armour. No problem.

And after 2 years, we have yet to see a single character to be made that doesn't share parts. And I do not count the large scaled figures and beasts in this!
    Does Orko count?

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post

I've asked Toyguru about teenage females twice on the Ask Matty forums. No response. Maybe it's because they want to master doing NORMAL females first. Or perhaps they want to see how well teen Adam does first.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    It almost goes without saying that they'd be much remiss without making a teenage Adora to go with teenage Adam. Sure she'd be a "New character" but it's a no brainer for anyone who wants teenage 200x-ish adam. Gotta have the Marvel girl to go with Captain Marvel, you know what I'm sayin? Plus as said above, teenage Teela. Not that I need any of these but I could see it happining.

And with that, I'd be happy with a handful of minicomic youths, or 200x youths (whoever they could be)

but yeah, it feels like there arent alot of young'ins to reuse the sculpt for. But they dont neccesarily have to. Even though there is alot of part reuse, there is constantly alot of new parts per characters. Roboto's chest, Hiss's arms & Legs, & chest, ect. A whole teen character isnt that unbeliveable.
    Is Perfuma smaller than the normal POP gals? She seems like she would be.
    I know MYP Teela and "MYP Adora" could reuse the same buck just like the adult versions did.

You're right though. There aren't that many teen characters that I know of except for Filmation, Jetlag and the 87 movie.

Oh and incedentally to the comments above, of course Ramman is going to be the typical buck. He should be. I'm certain they already confirmed as much. It'll be normal buck with special armour. No problem.
    They made Ram Man out to be this special case earlier. They made his tooling out to be a "movie year" character.