Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.42!

I would LOVE a teenage Adam, Teela AND Adora.

And how about this:
    A teenage Randor and Keldor, to place next to Miro.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I love the ridiculous comment about not having discussed NA He-Man with the 4H. As if they haven't discussed EVERY character in some way. Plus Bow has his boots and gauntlets. Why do they insist on talking to us like we are all brain-dead?
    Maybe they haven't yet discussed how to make the armor yet.
    Optikk introduced a new piece for the abs. But other characters before that came with flat abs.
    I think the Horsemen come up with this stuff as they go along.
    Back when they sculpted Hordak, they came up with the flat ab piece to simulate full body armor. Then by the time they began work on Optikk they evolved that idea into a new extra ab piece to add more detail.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Heroic Warrior
    Good to know that if Castle Grayskull is produced, it will be a full playset !

We also learned that NA He-Man and Teenage Adam don't seem to be planned for any time soon...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I've asked Toyguru about teenage females twice on the Ask Matty forums. No response. Maybe it's because they want to master doing NORMAL females first. Or perhaps they want to see how well teen Adam does first.
    Or maybe it's cuz asking about teenage females just makes them think you're a prev who stumbled onto a toy site by mistake.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Or maybe it's cuz asking about teenage females just makes them think you're a prev who stumbled onto a toy site by mistake.
    I would love to think that ToyGuru has a list including all of those who make threats against him & Mattel and those who seem to have an unhealthy interest in toys based on teenage girls.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    On teenage Adam - If they make him, are there any other characters that could share the new buck? Off-hand I can't think of anyone.
    Saurod has a slender body. They could always tool something over 200X Adam's slim torso that would resemble the original Saurod's.

For that matter, NA heroes could be a slimmer bunch. 200X Adam would be made into the MOTUC with the same height as all other figures. So the only difference is "beefy to lean" to differentiate Adam's body type.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    ROFLMAO!!!

That does sound rather pervy....

I KNOW he knows who I am. All the 200X questions I ask of him? Darkspectre, DO4M and I are probably a big hit down at the PR offices.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Darkspectre, DO4M and I are probably a big hit down at the PR offices.
    Yeah, I'm sure I'm not a big hit. My questions are always accompanied by quotes, pictures, facts and logic.

That's probably why my question about why we're getting purple Evil-Lyn accessories (which will come with 200X Evil-Lyn) instead of ones looking more like the prototype MOTUC Lyn's and have them glow in the dark (which is heavily requested!).

...also about fixing the colours on Chief Carnivus...with pictures of Carnivus showing all the differences.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Even though I'm the one who asked the question, I was kind of hoping that they wouldn't say where Marlena was from. Either way, people are going to be unhappy. Since most of the bios are derived from the mini-comics & MYP, it's anyone's guess as to where Marlena is from. I'm 0 for 2 when it comes to the 3 MOTU origins that mean the most to me. Teela & Skeletor weren't what I was hoping for so I really hope Marlena is from Earth.
    I told ya she's going to be from Primus, an ex fighter pilot captain, sister to Hydron (both got auburn hair) and being tracked by the space mutants for stealing war secrets that'll protect them for the Horde Empire (i.e the space shield)

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Actually, depending on how much SHORTER the 200x Adam buck is, IMO it might've made for a more accurate Bow figure too.

I know some people at Mattel were IMO unnecessarily worried about how the general fanbase would accept such a "non-manly" (or whatever people's perception is) character, and as such I think they went a bit too far in the other direction.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Actually, depending on how much SHORTER the 200x Adam buck is, IMO it might've made for a more accurate Bow figure too.
    Bow...no. He's always been a man. He was the same proportions of He-Man in the toon and art. His 80's figure was made in Filmation proportions.

I did think of two more characters that could use a teenage buck!

- Stratos
    - Delora

From the MVC comic when their parents were killed.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I'm not saying Bow should be a teenager, I just don't buy the huge puffed up buck body as belonging to that of a nimble archer character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I'm not saying Bow should be a teenager, I just don't buy the huge puffed up buck body as belonging to that of a nimble archer character.
    Everyone is roided out in MOTU. Even the even more nimble Ninjor.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Maybe they CAN do a few newly tooled characters now. Especially since they are saying plastic by not doing 200X heads.
    they're not saving anything, since they're still going to be making some alternate heads for various figures, only they won't be '200x/myp' specific.... which imo sucks and totally defeats the purpose.

I would think they'd have plenty of money to make any character they want by now.... just that they don't want to spend the money to do it. That's Mattel taking the cheap route once again. I can't believe for one second the biggest toy company in the world 'couldn't afford' to make whatever figure they'd want to. They have the money, but not the will. And making the figures with less accesories, like stratos & Zodac (but still the same price), and sharing parts so they don't have to make new parts for each figure, they're making a killing on this line. and every figure sells out in ridiculous time, so i don't believe they have an issue with money, not for one second.

I'd still like to know what the *** hell they mean by 'hyper anime detail'? How can they make a teen Adam figure without it looking like the teen Adam from the show? IMO the 2002 figure wasn't any more detailed than the current motuc figures.... I wish someone would give a definition of what 'hyper anime detail' exactly means... because some the motuc figures look pretty detailed to me. Bow has more detail than he's ever had, whiplash, optikk, & Trap-jaw look pretty detailed too.

Mattel has a gold mine with motu and a huge cash cow, but they lack the will to make it the true greatness it could be if they'd put the effort into it. just my opinion based on what i see.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    they're not saving anything, since they're still going to be making some alternate heads for various figures, only they won't be '200x/myp' specific.... which imo sucks and totally defeats the purpose.

I would think they'd have plenty of money to make any character they want by now.... just that they don't want to spend the money to do it. That's Mattel taking the cheap route once again. I can't believe for one second the biggest toy company in the world 'couldn't afford' to make whatever figure they'd want to. They have the money, but not the will. And making the figures with less accesories, like stratos & Zodac (but still the same price), and sharing parts so they don't have to make new parts for each figure, they're making a killing on this line. and every figure sells out in ridiculous time, so i don't believe they have an issue with money, not for one second.

I'd still like to know what the *** hell they mean by 'hyper anime detail'? How can they make a teen Adam figure without it looking like the teen Adam from the show? IMO the 2002 figure wasn't any more detailed than the current motuc figures.... I wish someone would give a definition of what 'hyper anime detail' exactly means... because some the motuc figures look pretty detailed to me. Bow has more detail than he's ever had, whiplash, optikk, & Trap-jaw look pretty detailed too.

Mattel has a gold mine with motu and a huge cash cow, but they lack the will to make it the true greatness it could be if they'd put the effort into it. just my opinion based on what i see.
    Hyper Anime detail isn't literal, I'll tell you that. Whiplash's vintage head is more detailed than his 200X head.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Fans have yet to see a teenage MOTUC figure. A teenage Adam would be a new buck in Classics style, so smaller, but without 200X anime hyper detail. Adam would be a great candidate to do a teen version. Time will tell when and if this happens.
    So in other words you're going back on your promise and don't have any plans to release this figure.

I hate to be the pessimist here but really that's the message I'm getting here.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/