Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does MOTUC Orko compare to his other versions?

How does MOTUC Orko compare to his other versions?

Even though I love the ripcord feature of the 80's Orko, I have to say the MOTUC Orko is my favorite. Who is yours?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    MOTUC Orko is so much better than any other version it's not worth talking about. I loved 80's version, bought 200x version even though I thought it looked horrible, and was more worried about getting this version than any other figure to date. (I had four people online with me to make sure someone got through.)

Were I to nitpick, there's something up with his eye that make him seem just a touch off. Otherwise, it's the perfect Orko through and through.

yeah, motuc orko is the best. 200x is by far the worst.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    MOTUC for me, BUT I like the original Orko's removeable hat and ROUND eyes. Not so much a fan of the oval eyes.

P.S. Montork, the little guy with gold hat (name escapes me) and guy on the far left are all customs, right? They're awesome...I'm just making sure.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    200X Orko is BY FAR the best. The fact that they could make one of the lamest characters to ever come out of the '80's into an actually cool-looking and formidable character speaks volumes about the brilliance of the Four Horesmen.

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    motuc version is my favorite
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    MOTUC for me, BUT I like the original Orko's removeable hat and ROUND eyes. Not so much a fan of the oval eyes.

P.S. Montork, the little guy with gold hat (name escapes me) and guy on the far left are all customs, right? They're awesome...I'm just making sure.
    The little guy with the gold hat is Dr. Zoog and the guy on the left is the Warden of Flatsom Prison. And they are customs.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    MOTUC for me, BUT I like the original Orko's removeable hat...
    But it really shouldn't be removable in the way the 198X Orko's was (or more precisely, if it was, the black should be part of it so as to reveal his ACTUAL face when removed). His head isn't really meant to be a black blob with eyes and light blue ears as the 198X toy had, that's just the super-dark shadow you only get in comics & cartoons.

the little guy with gold hat (name escapes me)
    Dr. Zoog.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    The 80s one was the one I grew up with and love, the 200X is a beautiful sculpt in its own right, but the Classics version is the quintessential Orko, and my absolute favorite. If anything, I'd say they collectively represent the variations of the Trollan race.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

200x Orko is my favorite. He looks like a wizard instead of a gnome..
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

motuc orko is my favorite one
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

MOTUC all the way for me, it just captures the cartoon spirit imho

I liked the 200x characterization of Orko but as far as looks I love the MOTUC version

For me 2 figures can sell the MOTUC line to anyone, that is He-Man and Orko. Their figures just inspire a sense of nostalgia, not sure how to explain it
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Best 3 figures of the MOTUC line:

Orko
    Battle Cat
    He-Man

I think MotU Classics Orko is the best incarnation of the figure to date. While I loved the 200X figure…the way he was posed just ruined the figure for me.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I was expecting this thread, joseephus!!! Always a pleasure. I have to say, I am envious of all of your Orko figures! I've always loved the little guy.

MOTUC version wins for me, although they're all super.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    But it really shouldn't be removable in the way the 198X Orko's was (or more precisely, if it was, the black should be part of it so as to reveal his ACTUAL face when removed). His head isn't really meant to be a black blob with eyes and light blue ears as the 198X toy had, that's just the super-dark shadow you only get in comics & cartoons.

Dr. Zoog.
    I have been waiting ALL night to reply to this because the .org went down.

Here's Orko with his hat off in the Filmation toon:

Orko
    MU78 - "Betrayal of Stratos"
    Whilst being pursued by a giant snake in, Orko climbs up a tree, and falls off, revealing his face. Although his head is black and his ears are blue, this is probably not the way Orko actually looks. The animator definitely went for the look of the toy here, because when removing Orko's hat this is what we see, a black head with two blue ears. This animation trick would later be used in "The Caregiver," revealing Madame Razz's face for one frame.
    (See also MU20 - "Dawn of Dragoon")
    Just like the toy.

Also, thanks for Zoog! I could only think "Zurg" but that's Toy Story.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

For me, it's Motuc Orko hands down.

What always bothered me about vintage Orko was his size, which was definitely off scale. MOTUC Orko is the best.
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    That Filmation pic is the drawers reaction to a mystery they shouldn't and couldn't solve. Not a prove of Orko's real face
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

MOTUC Orko is how an Orko figure should look like. The sculpt, articulation and scale are perfect. I would have prefer the hat to be a separate piece, removable or not, so there were no paint problems. 200x is not Orko, itīs someone else.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I have to say the MOTUC Orko basically just stepped off my TV screen while playing a Filmation episode. Scale, style, proportions, all are as close to perfect as anyone could get. Definitely the Orko I've wanted for 20+ years.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    I agree, I think he is hands down the best Orko figure incarnation we've seen, minus the bleeding ears he's amazing
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Bottom line, has to be MOTUC Orko. Its scary how evident it is when you compare all the other versions in the side by side shot.
    I have many MOC MOTUC figures available for sale/trade here and SDCC exclusives for sale/trade here.

MOTUC all the way.

IF 200X was in-scale then it would be him. Since MOTUC Orko looks like he stepped out of the Filmation Cartoon, proper scale and all that, he wins...
    Last edited by DO4M; August 17, 2010 at 12:42pm.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.