Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does MOTUC Orko compare to his other versions?

MOTUC Orko definitely!!! Although, I do like the size of the vintage Orko(even if he wasn't in scale with the rest of the line). I feel the 2002 Orko is tied with Zodak & The Sorceress for worst "updated" design. He wins if you include his MYP voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

Here's Orko with his hat off in the Filmation toon:

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...s/whatorko.jpg

Taken out of context, Orko looks like he's wearing blackface.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    200x is not Orko, itīs someone else.
    I agree. If they wanted to release him as a separate character ala Zodak, that's fine. Imo, Orko is supposed to be small & cute whereas the 2002 version is long, hunched over, and creepy looking.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; August 17, 2010 at 12:24pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post
    That Filmation pic is the drawers reaction to a mystery they shouldn't and couldn't solve. Not a prove of Orko's real face
    Exactly. Go back and look at Orko & Dree-Elle showing faces, and it's clearly not just "the same minus hat".

[I seem to recall Busta Toons saying that Filmation actually designed Orko's proper face, but it was never shown in an ep]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Exactly. Go back and look at Orko & Dree-Elle showing faces, and it's clearly not just "the same minus hat".

[I seem to recall Busta Toons saying that Filmation actually designed Orko's proper face, but it was never shown in an ep]
    I know it's not really how his face looks. I just wish he was made like the original toy because:

- It's a nod to the original toy
    - That fun moment in the toon
    - His ears would actually be attached to his head instead of the weird "hovering ears" we have now.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    those two orkos on the bottom left are really creepy. Especcially their hands! Aaaaaahhh!!!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Definately the MOTUC version of Orko. The original is great and all but there's no doubt that the MOTUC Orko is by far the closest version to the Filmation cartoon. I think a nice homage to the original would have been the addition of the coin trick. I would have preferred that to the book. Still its nice to have him.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

MOTUC Orko is the best by far!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    Definately the MOTUC version of Orko. The original is great and all but there's no doubt that the MOTUC Orko is by far the closest version to the Filmation cartoon. I think a nice homage to the original would have been the addition of the coin trick. I would have preferred that to the book. Still its nice to have him.
    I would have liked to have an updated magic coin trick too. Maybe we will get it someday.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I love the original Orko toy but the MOTUC version *is* Orko. That's the Orko I wanted all those years ago. The MOTUC figure is the perfect representation of the little guy IMO. That said, I don't care for the MOTUC Orko bio. The 200X Orko was an interesting-looking concept and is a cool-looking design, but it's just too creepy for Orko IMO. The figure reminded me of something you'd see in one of those psychedelic posters for sale in Spencer's at the mall.

Joseephus - I remember using that Panosh place eraser as my Orko before the actual toy came out. Before the eraser, I made one out of play-doh! I really wanted them to make an Orko back then.

~Penny~
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; August 18, 2010 at 01:11am.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    Even though I love the ripcord feature of the 80's Orko, I have to say the MOTUC Orko is my favorite. Who is yours?
    In order -

200X - The Four Horsemen somehow made Orko cool and seem like he could hold his own in a battle. Really needed a ball jointed head though.

The top left Little Rubber Orko -
    Funny pick? To me, that version looked so much better than the actual toy be sold in stores. Sure he couldn't do or hold anything, but at least it didn't look misshapen. Plus I liked the scale with the figures at the time. He gets bonus nostalgia points.

MOTUC - I didn't pick it up since I'm happy with my 200X figure, and have zero interest in owning an Adam. But if you like the Filmation look, it's almost perfect.

Would anyone be so kind as to take a photo of the MOTUC Orko next to the vintage She-Ra and He-Man figures? The guy looks smaller in scale than the original Orko, so maybe he'd fit in well with the vintage guys!

MOTUC version is the best by far!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Would anyone be so kind as to take a photo of the MOTUC Orko next to the vintage She-Ra and He-Man figures? The guy looks smaller in scale than the original Orko, so maybe he'd fit in well with the vintage guys!
    Here you go!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Heroic Warrior
    MOTUC Orko is the best!
    Good trades with: Cammor

MOTUC Orko is superb!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    IF 200X was in-scale then it would be him. Since MOTUC Orko looks like he stepped out of the Filmation Cartoon, proper scale and all that, he wins...
    I agree 100 percent . Wasn't it revealed or at least hinted at in the extra section of the dvds that the 200X figure was built around early character designs for the show? I hope that one of these days matty will consider releasing an updated show accurate orko from that series in the classic line. They might even be able to get away with using the same mold and there isn't a whole lot else they can do with that mold.

LOVE that picture Thanks Joseephus!

MOTUC Orko is absolutely my fave! He has the look and scale of the Filmation version. I think the 200x Orko could be a Trollan for King Grayskull's time.
    --rhea
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

I'm a big fan of the look of 200X Orko, but I don't like having an Orko the same size of He-Man, so MOTUC is the best (so far)

Oh, and Rhea, there is a Trollan in King Grayskull's time already (who I hope we get at some point!)
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    200X Orko is BY FAR the best. The fact that they could make one of the lamest characters to ever come out of the '80's into an actually cool-looking and formidable character speaks volumes about the brilliance of the Four Horesmen.
    Agreed. This sculpt really captured my imagination, and I was finally able to picture Orko as being a powerful mage. I only wish they animated version looked and acted as cool.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/