Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scooby Doo Mystery Inc.

it comes on after some live action show called the odd group or something stupid like that.

I set it it up to DVR so when they new episodes started airing was a surprise to me as I just checked my DVR for something else and I was like oh hey new Scooby Doo episodes.

You would think CN would do better at advertising a show the parent company owns and has for some time and has always done fairly well in the ratings.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

HD figures on youtube
    It's on Netflix now.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Thanks, guys. The same thing happened with season two; I missed the first episode and just happened upon the shows return on the net that day. Every time I turn on CN, I see ads for shows whose thirty second clips make my head hurt and my brain cells scream, "I'm melting, I'm melting!." But not one ad for a show I want to see and doesn't cause permanent brain injury...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

This has to be bar none the BEST scooby series ever. All of the references to the other cartoons series, etc makes it amazing. I love the cameos by other characters. I love the references to lovecraft, twin peaks and other horror icons and genres.

Most of all, an overarching plot that took 2 years with a really great pay off!!! My favorite part of the series is that there were mystery gangs throughout history. I LOVE Peraclease (spelling). I just love/hate that little german bird lol.

Wow, it was getting dark during the final episodes and throughout the second season with deaths, etc.

I loved that the characters grew and changed over the course of two seasons. It had a great ending so I am happy for the 2 seasons. I would love to see them do a new series with them at miskatonic university.

Just a great show all around and everyone involved should be proud.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    One of the best, if not the best Scooby doo series ever. Wish it could have gotten one more season.

I loved the show, although I think I'm glad the arc was done. I started to wonder if people were paid by how many times they said "planispheric disk." I don't see why they can't do a sequel show that is in the same continuity with a new subtitle just like they do with Ben 10. I'd also love to have seen this production team work on all of HB's properties, starting with a new Johnny Quest show or Space Ghost (with Herculoids and Teen Force guest stars!). I'm sure there's some behind-the-scenes corporate drama going on that is the reason for this not going further. I guess I'm just grateful the show happened and was allowed to complete its story.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I loved the show, although I think I'm glad the arc was done. I started to wonder if people were paid by how many times they said "planispheric disk." I don't see why they can't do a sequel show that is in the same continuity with a new subtitle just like they do with Ben 10. I'd also love to have seen this production team work on all of HB's properties, starting with a new Johnny Quest show or Space Ghost (with Herculoids and Teen Force guest stars!). I'm sure there's some behind-the-scenes corporate drama going on that is the reason for this not going further. I guess I'm just grateful the show happened and was allowed to complete its story.
    I would love them to do another series but subtitled something else.

Nothing nefarious about only getting 2 seasons. Together both seasons had 52 episodes which is the new number for syndication in teh animation world, not many shows go longer than that any more.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    Man wouldn't I give for a new Jonny Quest series that is actually good.

It would also be nice to see an updated Josie and the Pussycats, Blue Falcon, The Herculiods, Snorks, and countless others.

Caught up, I agree the final arc was a good story light on the mystery though and was/is better than many of the direct to video movie releases we got.

I do love how they ride off into the sunset on the way to college to solve mysteries leaving the life that was forced on them behind such as Daphne and Fred getting married.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I didn't read it so much as marriage and happiness were being forced on them, but as their new lives in Crystal Cove were a Heaven on Earth for which they weren't yet ready. Their choice to go on the road solving mysteries was kind of a choice to continue living rather than settle in a happily ever after-life. Life must go on and these characters must as well.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Well forced is a strong word, as characters they weren't ready for all that the other versions of themselves had built to that point. Also they found out that to some extent they would have been friends but also not friends.

Nice way to end the series I enjoyed it.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!